The Holly Contest

Holly Contest 2013

Anyone besides me just a little worried that the counts haven't been updated in a good number of weeks now? I even did a PM to the host/hostess and no reply.

They are probably busy with school and life, either that or they're dead. In the previous contest the original creator disappeared as well, a great few began to number and confirm our dragon count to figure out who won, both the contestants and the gifters.

I don't know if I'll count scrolls in december, but I know as long as I'm alive someone from this form is going to get the offspring of my Holly Xastir. So don't worry about it too much. ^^'

hey guys i posted earlier last week i think. can you add me to the list? ill be using a word document because i cant really use anything else. you can also use my scroll

Please update my count. I'm using a doc and the link is on the first page in the list of participants. I really need to pick up the pace!

Thanks! smile.gif

Guys, I have a request: Don't let it be all year next time. This experiment is successful. I haven't seen any Spitfire eggs for months.

I'm just saying...It's difficult for anyone to get Spitfires, so if this happens again let the breed change every month or so, please.

Anyone besides me just a little worried that the counts haven't been updated in a good number of weeks now? I even did a PM to the host/hostess and no reply.

There really is no need to worry, at the end of the contest, everything will need be counted and verified anyway. It all worked out fine!

Guys, I have a request: Don't let it be all year next time. This experiment is successful. I haven't seen any Spitfire eggs for months.

I'm just saying...It's difficult for anyone to get Spitfires, so if this happens again let the breed change every month or so, please.

You can always breed the eggs if you can't find any in the cave. They don't have to be CB, they just have to be alive and on your scroll when the contest is up.

Want more spitfires? Here's a few for whoever wants them.

Claim the first spitfire!

Claim the second spitfire!

Claim the third spitfire!

PM me and I'll be happy to breed whatever I've got for you whenever my dragons aren't on breeding cooldown. smile.gif

Edited by Keolah

You can always breed the eggs if you can't find any in the cave. They don't have to be CB, they just have to be alive and on your scroll when the contest is up.

I'm not a member; I just happen to like Spitfires and would like to have some for breeding projects. I'm just recommending that more things like this be cut down to a month, or even six months.

This is a contest for Holly Dragons, we can only give a prize during the end of the year, sometime near christmas because that is the only time hollys can breed. (You probably know this.) If we did a different breed every one or six months, the good people who confirm the authenicity of their dragon count, as well as the true number, would have a lot more work to do, instead of simply comfirming the year, they'd have to ensure the month as well. I would not wish to give that to anyone. If you want Spitfires for breeding projects, hunt for them and trade. I can assure you that would be a lot easier than making several peoples good intentions harder as they check our contestants dragon count. Your recommendation would only complicate things. Also, this isn't an experiment, this is a contest, a contest we held last year for BBW's.

Please have a nice day, and good luck with your lineage projects,

I think it's fine as a year. Spitfires are not rare, just uncommon now, I'm still picking up CB from the AP, and each time I go to breed my Spitfires, they give me an egg.

Please up date my count, look at my post, not my scroll for the count, right now I have the dragons organized in such a fashion that I can keep track of them, at the end of the year I'll group them all near the top.

I'd like to join!

http://dragcave.net/user/eevee_em

I have my scroll sorted by breed, so once they grow up they all get put next each other. The unnamed ones are for the contest, the other ones I got earlier.

I'll join! I'll keep them all in one place and maybe keep all their names related... I'll have to see. I'll of course let you know once I actually start to collect them.

Never fear, the thread is still being monitored. For myself, IRL is a bit hectic so it I'm not as "on" as I'd like. Once I can get into the hosting account again, I'll update everyone's totals.

Limn is correct, this would be too difficult to to on a short term basis, considering that the prize is a Holly dragon. And spitfires are not rares, so while it might be a bit difficult to snag a spitfire in the short term (lord knows towards the end of November and beginning of December last year there was nary a BBW around for my count), they are still available in the caves and for breeding projects. Personally as someone who is only on about once a week for a few hours, I saw three spitfires in the cave just now, so I'm unsure of why you believe they're getting harder to find.

I can donate a Holly with a lineage like this: http://dragcave.net/lineage/R7stQ (I know it's a bit long but it's not inbred, it's even and it's a Thuwed lineage  )

Good luck everyone!

BlueIce, your Holly is lovely and we would be more than happy to add it to the prize list.

To anyone else that would like to donate a Holly or a runner up prize, we will gladly take your contribution. I (along with everyone else) thank you for your incredible generosity!

Now remember, we still have a long way to go until December. Last year the final count of BBWs was impressive - I was blown away by some of the ending totals. However do not fret if you're not in the triple digits... there is a LONG time until the end of the contest and we have a larger number of lovely donations to give out this year, so keep trying, even if you don't think your numbers are great enough. You never know!

And now, for the fun stuff. Here are some lovely spitfire donations to whomever would like them:

Spitfire Apocalypse recruit 1

Spitfire Apocalypse recruit 2

Spitfire Apocalypse recruit 3

Totals will be updated soon. Please do not fret if they aren't updated quite as quickly as you'd like.

Thanks,

Celis - she who cannot remember passwords correctly.

Edited by celis

Sounds fun! I'll participate! My spitfires will either show up in my clan, tribe, pack, or loner dragons.... I'll try to make a separate section for them. tongue.gif