The Holly Contest

Holly Contest 2013

updated to 88, my last update wasn't added to the list still says I have 0 but I had close to 30 adults listed on my google doc at the time

FYI my scroll name is storm skyflyrer

Updated!

Storm skyflyer: I am sorry! I guess I didn't catch that! D: I fixed your total now. happy.gif

Edited by The Holly Contest

87 spitfires for me

edit: wow im finally on the list!! thanks ^^ i feel better now

Edited by Puppyloverdog10000

Hi,

Sent message on 26/3 - can one of the Hosts please reply.

Thank you for your time.

Edited by owned by toys

Total updated to 27 spitfires!

Edited by Kurane

I have been asked to clarify something.

In short: As long as you do not violate the TOS, any means of obtaining the designated common (in 2013, spitfires) is allowed. Catching from the cave, the AP, breeding, trading, taking donations, even multiple people working jointly (ie. genuine friends and family, who usually want a future offspring in return for their help, NOT multi-scrolling) and so on are all permitted.

The contest is not meant to be "a level playing field."

It is meant to measure your dedication to the goal of obtaining a holly, so that we know we're breeding for someone who will keep the dragon for all the years to come. And along the way, to turn a single supercommon into something less common and/or more valuable. By creating market demand, we pull into our secondary cause all the forum traders of dragcave, who will start treating the supercommon as a commodity instead of a pest and clear the cave with us. As they do, it will become tougher and tougher to hunt them... to breed them... to trade for them. The contest becomes more challenging as the year goes on, not less. It's a test of dedication.

In other words... how badly do you want a holly?

Everyone is doing phenomenal work! There are some truly impressive numbers out there. It will be interesting to see if the front leaders now will stay ahead of the pack...

For me, last year, the goal was always to have more than Simkin... she'd have her excel sheet update and I'd go to it once a week to see if I was outstripping her. There were weeks where she was a good fifty dragons head of me. But I never gave up, I always tried to cave snag, breed, trade, and do what I could to get ahead because I was determined to get a Holly biggrin.gif

I hope you all have that drive and determination this year too!

And for those dedicated to looking, there are three 2nd gen spitfire transfers in here. Take one, or all three if you'd like and enjoy!

Celis

101 ~

Thanks for the clarification, ArynChris !

I wonder how high will be the numbers at the end of the year ´v´

I'll be joining! Spitfires will be at the bottom of my scroll and updated in this post.

125 spitfires now, and I've nearly finished a project that means I'll be able to fill my scroll with spitfires once more