shovedtbh

Sleep Talk...

My cousin used to scream and cry in his sleep when he was about 5. Sometimes he would shout for his mom, other times it was just screaming with no words.

One time my friend came over for a sleepover and at one point he woke me up when he said "Oi, you censorkip.gif ing..", very loudly in his sleep, and then stopped after that. Then, later, he woke me up again when he went, "Uhh, guys, where are you going?" And then started screaming, " Guys! Guys!! GUYS!!! GUYS!!!!" over and over again in his sleep until I shouted his name at him and then he went silent.

My sister also tends to sleep talk. One time me and my family were staying in Orlando for our Summer vacation and it we were all sleeping in the same room, when my sister started mumbling in her sleep, "Dollars.. dollars, dollars..", several times. Another time at home (we share a room), she randomly said "Why's he holding a stick?", in her sleep. It was so funny yet so crazy at the same time.

Edited by yellow_gellow

I've been told I'm a fairly quiet sleeper. I don't move around much or talk.

My younger sister does often yell out in her sleep, and since I'm a very light sleeper and our rooms are next to each other, she wakes me up a lot of the time. Usually she yells things like 'no!' and 'guys!' and when she was much younger she would have full conversations in her sleep - usually very nonsensical and quite funny. Once, she murmured something about being a squirrel and 'people with purple lips'. Aside from talking, my sister is pretty violent in her sleep - she hits and kicks.

My mom is like me - a quiet sleeper.

My dad talks in his sleep sometimes, and will often wake up from a dream, think he is still in the dream, and try to talk to us about whatever happened in the dream as if we know what he's talking about.

The worst, though, is my brother. He talks and yells in his sleep, and a couple years ago he used to have night terrors. He would be completely asleep but his eyes would be open, so it would seem like he was awake, and he would just scream and cry for quite a long time until my parents finally calmed him down. He used to yell things like 'don't let them get me' and sometimes he would sleepwalk when he had these night terrors. My parents were concerned enough to take him to the doctor but he has since grown out of it. He still yells out random things in his sleep from time to time.

One time I slept walked and talked at the same time. One night I walked the whole way around my house and came to the back door and knocked on it. My dad asked me what I was doing outside and I said I was looking for my dog. (My dog was following me he whole way!) So I had two times the trouble that night! Lol!

When I was younger and while sleep walking I had turned on my parent's bedroom light to inform them that I couldn't find the bathroom which was just down the hall from me.

Dad thought it was hilarious at the time. Mom thought otherwise.

Edited by Elvish Maiden

Apparently I mumble in my sleep. Not often, but I've got comments from different people about it so it wasn't a one time thing. And it drives people crazy because they can't understand what I'm saying and I can't help them as I don't know either. laugh.gif

I sometimes shout out loud in my sleep and drives my parents nuts.

I do mumble at times as well.

I've been told that I like to say multiplication problems in my sleep.

I usually kick at my sleep... About talking, one time my boyfriend told me that I called him "mum" and complained to him about clothes' washing, but I don't know If I have ever said anything else.

I sleep-talk periodically.

Apparently the most creepy incident was when I turned over, said "Dead", and then woke up. huh.gif

i've done this weird thing a couple of times before where i'll be drifting off to sleep and suddenly i'll start hearing weird moaning that sounds like someone's in pain. i'll think 'who the heck is making those strange sounds'. i'll start waking up a little more and then realize it was me...

kind of creepy actually and it didn't feel like any noise was coming out of my mouth.

I once heard myself murmuring things....

It was when my mom read to me my lessons and I drifted to sleep, she asked me if I'm still listening and asked me a question regarding the topic. I whispered something totally unrelated.

I have no idea if I sleep talk since I sleep in my own room and my mom couldn't possibly hear me if I say something but I have memory of a few similar cases involving me. I'm a light sleeper and those things usually happen to me in that moment when my brain is starting to wake up and still makes no difference between reality and dream.

When I was a kid I woke up, got out of bed and went to the bathroom like I did every other morning, except I did all that while still being asleep. And instead of going to the bathroom, It turns out I went to the living room where my parents were. I didn't greet them or anything, I just went to the armchair, took my pants down and sat on it. At least that's what they said I did, because I have no memory of it. I was woken up by their hysterical laughing to see myself in that ridiculous situation. I asked them what's going on and without saying anything my mom took my hand and led me to the bathroom while my dad was holding his stomach and was still laughing. Luckily I didn't pee on the armchair.

Another time I was apparently dreaming about something (which I don't remember) and I said loud and clear "Mhm, yep". I have no idea with who or to what I was agreeing but the sound of my own voice woke me up.

This was during that period when every single night I woke up around 2-3 am without an explanation. My birthday was 2 months ago and on my party at some point we talked about a friend we used to have who turned out to be schizophrenic. On the same night I had a dream where I was thinking that I should try to explain to her that she really does have that mind disease. Like I decided, I tried to reach her but it's like I wasn't able to talk, only to think, so she wasn't able to hear me. At some point she vanished. Fear and terror took over me that moment because I could see how she would react, how she would take advantage of my dream weakness and attack me. She was at that point strangling me, she was trying to kill me, I had to go to the bathroom...bathroom? Then I realized I was awake, sitting on my bed and preparing to go to the bathroom. I checked the clock - It was 2:37 am so I just went back to sleep. The next morning I tried recalling the dream and I was facepalming. Why would I think she would strangle me, it was ridiculous.

I don't sleeptalk, but my father does sometimes.

One time he said "No officer, please." While I was sneaking by for a glass of water about 6 years ago.

...not sure what that was about.

I'm so, so, so sorry EternalSnow, but I can't quite laughing!

To be honest, I've done the same thing a couple of times, but the only time I remember doing anything in my sleep was when I was like 6 and sleeping in my grandma's bed and I punched her in my sleep. I felt so bad afterwards.

Boyfriend is a perpetual sleep talker.

"They call me Codpiece!"

"The sparrows taste like ass, honey."

laugh.gif Oh EternalSnow, you have some hilarious situations. (Lovely username by the way)

@Total Reverse: Well, I kick myself sometimes during sleep :-/

When I was about 6 I went on a camping trip with my aunt and sister and I apparently complained about my peanut butter being too sticky for 10 minutes before shutting up.

Also once one of my friends spend the night and slept talked about a humming bird stealing her toilet paper.

Edited by Raven301

I don't talk or sleep walk anymore, but I used to.

One time I woke up randomly, walked to the bathroom and turned the light on. My mom wanted to see what I was doing so, she walked into the bathroom and asked,"Honey, what are you doing?"

I looked at her before replying with, "Mom, I'm making a list."

Mom looks at me weirdly,"Are you sure?"

"Yes, mom. I'm making a list!"

....I recall none of it.

Another time, I was half asleep when I stole my brothers blanket, claiming that it was mine, and I had brought it upstairs....what?

apparently I have exclaimed profanities in my sleep

and one account of startlingly realistic meowing

my friend savannah once yelled "GET BACK HERE" in her sleep tho

I mumble in my sleep. But I did find myself waking up in the shower and 12:28 am and no memory of getting there with the water on. I was taking a sleep shower apparently. My normal habits and all.

Edited by Oriolous

I mumble in my sleep. But I did find myself waking up in the shower and 12:28 am and no memory of getting there with the water on. I was taking a sleep shower apparently. My normal habits and all.

^ That must have been a nasty surprise. xd.png

I don't talk in my sleep but I used to share the same room with my brother and he was quite talkative.

I kinda sometimes, start talking then get up and walk through house xd.png

or, get of from bed, and jump on edge bed

My mother is always like: "Anavi, say your brain to stop it!" I say to I can't control.

But most funny is that cause, I always feel to I get up and to I am talking something, but point is in that to i can't control myself.I am talking and in one momment, I want to say something but I have feeling like someone tied my tongue, and i can say anything, in fact can't finish sentence. dry.gif

Once, I went balcony of my house.And then my parents started locking every doors in house.

When we moved to apartment, I wanted to sleep in living room(it's best for summer xd.png nice and cold)

and when I fell a sleep here, my father entered and said to I move to my room.I did that and next morning when I asked why he didn't let me sleep there he said me: "To you don't get up, open doors and to don't fall from 5th floor" -.- that goes me on nerves.

Edited by Anavi_Ivy

I'm very active in my sleep (it will likely be less common once I get older), and usually talk short sentences (says everyone who's shared a room with me). I hope my secrets are not being shared with them without my permission! xd.png

I've sometimes walked in my sleep as well. Nothing too much, though. I can't recall taking a shower! tongue.gif