shovedtbh

Sleep Talk...

There's been a couple times where I've overslept and my mom said that I was awake and speaking coherently (just one-word replies to her questions, like "Are you awake?" "Yes.") when she went to check on me so that I didn't oversleep.

my little brother once said, "Park the car in the banana" then farted in his sleep blink.gif

I once went to a friends house for a sleep over and it turns out that one of my friends talks in her sleep...and some of the things she said were pretty embossing... apparently when she talks in her sleep she tells all her secrets

Two years ago I went to our family farm like I normally do and my three cousins decided it was a good idea to sleep outside so we could tell ghost stories to each other. I usually wake up several times during the night, and in one of those times I woke up with my older cousin asking something, I can't really remember what he was saying but I thought he was speaking to me so I answered, he frowned and shouted 'YOU DO NOT BELONG HERE' and woke up the other two, I got mad but then realized he was completely asleep, too bad it was after I threw my shoe at him. laugh.gif

- You HAVE to put the marmite in the paddling pool!

- No Granny, don't take me away

- Mummy, the badgers are flapping

- Moths are friends not food

- Why is snow rainbow colours in the evening?

I'm weird...

I've been known to giggle in my sleep. Been told it was rather creepy. My Dad talks however. Mostly mumbling and weird grunts but one night after he passes out and me my mom and bro were still awake he said "The sandwiches are in the Batmobile". xd.png

I rarely ever sleep (insomniac o3o) but I (of course) did when I was little.

Whenever I went on holiday, I brought a childhood toy (usually a teddy bear) and I always managed to find it and cuddle it in my bed (whilst sleeping), no matter where it is... Then I'd wake up after finding it. Once I'd woken up (after falling asleep) for the second time, I'd thrown it on the floor. ;A;

Oh and there was the time when my brother shouted, "How dare you steal my fat pig!" and some other mildly violent phrases...

Edited by cfmtfm

I don't talk in my sleep, but I once screamed.

And I also punched my mother in the ribs when I was little.

While I was asleep.

>.<

When it comes to sleep-talking, I say some very strange things.... though my friends say I must watch too much Sci-fi as the phrases I come out with when sleeping sound like lines from some film or other.

Such as the 'Nerdy Carter Moment' ((At least thats how its referred to now by the group - there is a blatant reference to Stargate tech in it....))

"... always control-overload the reactor to create a feedback loop in the engines to create a temporary Hyperspace window within the gravity well. There will be .....mumble, mumble.... Beware the temporal-spacial flux when entering... the X-302 hasn't been tested against such forces....."

I still have no clue what I was dreaming - although since the X-302 was a retrofitted Death Glider from SG-1 ... nope still no clue, apart from narrowing it down to some sort of Spaceship dream.....

"Drop back! Feel that punt! Everybody gets to be the football once! Watch out! Tie score, so we can call the place kicker in the telegraph office!...."

I wondered who the nincompoop was who was muttering stupid things like "50-yard punt!" Then I realized that I was the nincompoop. So I shut my mouth and opened my eyes. I was having a sleepover with some friends and they were laughing so hard while listening to me.

I closed my eyes again and almost immediately that same guy in my head began reciting a poem: "He clasps the crag with crooked hands... Close to the sun in lonely lands... He clasps the crag with crooked hands... Close to the sun in lonely lands... He clasps the crag with crooked hands... Close to the sun in lonely lands..."

"Ringed with azure world he stands!" My sisters voice yelled. I opened my eyes.

"Man, I thought that guy was never going to shut up!" I told her.

"That was you reciting those two lines." She answered.

"Oh...."

I once rolled on top of my Ex...and grabbed her face pulled it close to mine and yelled Blueberry...then rolled back over and slept.

I only sleep talk when I have nightmares. I mumble a lot, and apparently get very upset. Sometimes, when I've been under a lot of stress for a very long time, I will have a night terror. Night terrors are like sleep walking during a horrible nightmare. I'm kind of aware when this happens, but far enough asleep that I can't wake up. My family says I'm usually trying to run from something in my dreams when this happens. They don't last more than a couple minutes though, thank heaven.

I have so many stories about this!

My mom likes to walk into mine and my brother's bedrooms and talk to us often, sometimes for hours. I'm really not a morning person, so sometimes I'll be asleep during this. I don't know how or when it started, but somewhere along the way she must have said something and I must have answered in my sleep, and from then on I'd hold full conversations with her without even waking up, and she would think I was awake because my answers apparently made sense.

Basically, someone could talk to me when I'm asleep and I'd sometimes answer. One time I asked for a hamburger in my sleep, and when I woke up I had no idea why my mom made a hamburger. It's made for some confusing situations, and sometimes I worry I'll say something really embarrassing, but now my family makes sure I'm awake before trying to strike up a conversation.

Last night (valentines night to be precise) my partner told me he doesn't censorkip.gif care if I take the sledgehammer. Just to try and bring it back.

In his sleep...

Tell me what that means Mystic Menopausal Meg :/

censor evasion

Edited by _Z_

My mother drove me in to college and dropped me off. I walked in to the canteen and realised it was empty. I then went to my first class and saw that was empty too. Things were getting weird, I thought some sort of zombie apocalypse had come (too much gaming and movies). Or some crazy prank was being pulled on me.

Then I thought that I would phone home.

I pulled out my phone and the time caught my eye. It said 7:45...

DAFUQ HAPPENED HERE?

I was supposed to be in college at 10:30!

And it was 7:45!

I phoned my mum and exclaimed "WHAT ON EARTH?! WAS THIS SOME SORT OF PRANK? FUNNY ONE!"

She replied in an angry tone "I don't know what the hell you are on about."

I then asked "WHY DID YOU DROP ME OFF AT COLLEGE AT 7:30?"

She then explained to me that she had come in that morning at 6:45 to see how I was and I told her, IN MY SLEEP, that I had to be in college at 7:30. So she shouted at me to get up and go.

I had no reason to doubt my own mothers ability to check the time so I just got up and went, assuming that the time was around 10:00.

Weird thing, I have a clock by my bed, my iPod has a clock, my phone has a clock, the car dashboard has a clock. I noticed nothing until I was in the building...

I didn't know it was possible to screw yourself out of 3 hours sleep, in your sleep?! How wrong was I xd.png

My dad told me he once heard me say in my sleep "It is a sunny day." And if you looked out of the window at that time, it would've been in the middle of the night tongue.gif

My friend went, "Half times base times height"(formula for getting area of a triangle) while she was asleep and frightened her cousin.

My mom talks in her sleep and I remember one day I was talking to her about rats. She really does not like rats and is afraid of them and I just continued talking to her about them when she spoke up and said, "Great, now I'm gonna have nightmares about them."

Well, later that night she had gone to sleep and I was still in her room when she started mumbling. She got louder and I heard her say, "Mmm ahh no rats!" XD Guess she was right.

Then, years before that, I had a friend staying over for the night and the TV was on. A commercial came on and a character on the commercial said, "You have beautiful hair." My friend answered back, "Thank you," and I wondered why she had answered back to a TV. I looked over and she was fast asleep .w.

The only time I ever remotely spoke in my sleep was when I had an obviously funny dream that I can't remember. The funny part happened and I half woke up and laughed and said, "Haha that was funny." Then I went back to sleep .w.

Edited by VeeVeeLa

Several years ago at a sleepover, my friends recall me saying: Nuuuuu! It's all going to be alright!

I have no idea what I was dreaming about O_o

I don't remember the context, but once I was asleep during class and I looked over to the kid sitting next to me, yelled "PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS" loudly, then just went silent.

I woke up in the office. :l

I don't remember the context, but once I was asleep during class and I looked over to the kid sitting next to me, yelled "PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS" loudly, then just went silent.

I woke up in the office. :l

Lol, one time my cousin said "It's not my fault..." >.<

Once when I was a kid, I told my mom to wake me up for a meteor shower that night. I wake up, it's morning, and I realize she didn't wake me up for it, so I head into the living room to talk to her.

Mom: Good morning.

Me: Morning. Hey, why didn't you wake me up?

Mom: ?

Me: ...For the meteor shower. You didn't wake me up.

Mom: ...I did. You said you didn't feel like it.

Me: ...Huuuuuuh?

Yeah. Apparently, my subconciousnes screwed me out of a meteor shower. :\

I've slept over at my friend's house a few times, and she sleep whines. She's also a pretty heavy sleeper and kicks me off the air bed onto the floor. Then she steals the blanket. I don't really sleep talk, but my grandma told me that a few times when I was asleep, I just got up like a zombie. I didn't even use my arms. I just rose. So, she pushed me back down and I just kept sleeping. The strangest thing is, once, when I was about to fall asleep, I actually did it, so I was left wondering why it happened.

So when I was little and at camp I had the worst dream, it's one of those that you remember and scar you for life not to mention you yelled it out loud. Okay so I was at camp and like around 10 or 11 my friends said that I had weird dreams, what I said/

Me: No.... ewwwww...... I'm not... going ...to eat that... THAT YOUR FLIPPIN' FOOT OUT OF MY PASTA YOU PASTA KILLER!!!! Ewwww!................... I am never asking pasta from you ever again Mr. Potatoes !!!! I hope you die from eating a rainbow hamburger or at least turn green because I really hate green, and not that pretty green, that spongebob green!

Friends: o.o What? Who is Mr. Potatoes?!

~~~

So I remembered that dream the next morning only to hear them repeat what I said to my face and ever sense... I've been afraid of feet >.< also now I am not a huge pasta fan like I use to be, now pasta is an okay meal...... curse you Mr. Potatoes!

One time when I was a kid, my mom and I were hanging out in the living room, watching tv or something. I ended up wandering off to my room after a while to lay down, and my mom told me the next day that I had apparently stumbled back out and said, "I don't remember what color it was," and then went back to my room. I woke up the next morning on the floor right next to my bed, under a pile of blankets. :|