shovedtbh

Sleep Talk...

Starting a silly topic about sleep talking. Just now I just tried to wake up my BF because he insisted that we spend some time together, but now he is too tired to wake up because we finished our Xmas shopping today. I told him I am going to do my dragons for awhile (which means play DC) he followed with "Fly out to meet them"....LOL. I can't stop laughing. This made my day.

I don't know what I've said in my sleep, I do know that I've slapped my friend before when she was trying to wake me up and I have slept with my eyes open. Does that count?

I don't know what I've said in my sleep, I do know that I've slapped my friend before when she was trying to wake me up and I have slept with my eyes open. Does that count?

LOL, yes for entertaining this thread it sure does. Hope she forgave you tongue.gif

it was at a martial arts summer training camp, out in the forest with cabins, trees, outdoors-y etc. apparently, in the middle of the night, i was told that i wailed softly, "guys, you're not allowed to crawl on the floor...!" it was apparently really creepy for my cabin mates because they said it was soft, sad, and really creepy, and sounded like despair xd.png

Edited by lizardtail

My friend said this on a camping trip to me at around 3am in her sleep. I was just lying there, and she sat bolt upright...

Her: "I don't like trousers. Trousers are so mainstream."

Me: Erm...name?

Her: "I don't like following maps."

She then lay back down and went straight to sleep xd.png

I know I have woken myself up before talking in my sleep, though the only one I actually remember was me saying something along the lines of "that's not fair".

When I was a kid, the best way to get money from my dad was to ask him before waking him up, as he was well-known for carrying out perfectly comprehensible conversations in his sleep. Back then, he worked overnights, for a newspaper, so last thing before my sister and I left for school in the mornings, we had to wake him up... my mom was a teacher, so she left in the mornings before we did.

Me: Dad, we've got a school field trip today, I need money for lunch.

Him: My wallet's in (where he keeps it), take what you need.

Me: *grabs lunch money plus an extra $5* Thanks, Dad.

Him: You're welcome. *rolls over and snores*

Me, ten minutes later: Dad, time to wake up!

Him: *opens eyes, sits up with a yawn* Morning.

When my sister was little she would sleep walk/talk really badly. We shared a room, so it kind of sucked for me. Well one night, she went out into the hallway and literally started banging on the door and screaming, and then she just came back to bed like nothing ever happened. -.-

Did your dad notice the missing $5? alot.png

Sometimes. He'd ask and I'd honestly answer that he told me to take what I needed and therefore I did just that.

But that's also why I took $5 over what I thought I'd need. Back then, a meal-deal at McDonald's (where we'd usually stop for lunch on field trips) was mostly between $3 and $5. But once in a while, there wouldn't be a McD's or other fast food place anywhere close to our destination. The one time my mom gave me field-trip lunch money, she gave me $3 exactly because she knew what I usually ate at McD's and that $3 would cover it... and that was the day we ended up at some clam-shack type place instead, where my $3 plus some change borrowed from a classmate bought me a small fries and nothing else. I couldn't even get a drink, let alone a proper meal.

After that happened, I felt justified in taking the extra money in case it happened again. Which, it did on a couple other occasions. If I didn't give back what I didn't spend, well, Dad never asked me to bring back the change. And all that really meant was I didn't ask for money at random for candy bars or whatever for a week or two.

I apparent said "Open your wings and fly ****it". I have no idea what my dream was about.

Also, when I was younger, I apparently screamed for my mom to get me some water and then I went back to sleep. Woke up with a glass full of water spilled on my bed.

Edited by MysticTiger

A few years back while a trip in Honduras my roomie woke up to me shouting in my sleep about calling the police. I vaguely remember the details of the dream.

I was arguing with my mom about a video game when I was asleep once. She couldn't tell what I was saying, so it must have been mostly slur. I woke up a bit later dazed about what'd happened.

I have been told that I am a very quiet sleeper, I don't move around or make much noise, but my brother and sister are notorious sleep-talkers. My brother murmurs the most nonsensical things, but usually you can't even understand him. My sister's room is right next to mine and she talks in her sleep almost every night; I wake up at 5:30 for school when she is still asleep and almost every morning I wake up to the sound of her just babbling on about whatnot. Often she yells in her sleep, usually calling for our mom or repeatedly yelling "Hey! Guys! Guys!" but whenever I go check on her, she is completely asleep.

We were at this school camping trip a few years ago, and the guys and girls were all sleeping in one huge tent...

It was really late, and most people had already fallen asleep, only a few of my friends and I were still awake and quietly talking. All of a sudden we see a guy in my class sit up in his sleeping bag, look around frantically, and yell "LET'S GO censorkip.gif [other male friend's name]" (funny thing is, he had a girlfriend and everything)

Needless to say, it was really awkward for them in the morning tongue.gif

Edited by SPQR

My BF is a notorious sleep talker. When we first started dating, I rolled over and he yelled out, "Don't touch my computer!!!!!!!" Turns out he was dreaming about his old roommate in college, that used to go on my BF's computer without his permission. A few months ago, he passed out in his computer chair while he was playing a game, when I shook him to get him to come to bed, he said,"It's all about the numbers, man." When I asked him what he meant he kept saying, "It's BS! They just don't add up. I mean, the pies, man, why are the numbers wrong?" I still don't have a clue what he was talking about laugh.gif

Just two weeks ago while I was laying in bed, I heard my BF giggle, then watched him sit bolt upright with eyes wide open, and giggle like a madman as he ripped off all of the covers off of our bed. Then, he lay back down, giggled again and starting snoring.

I'm not normally one to talk in their sleep, but about a month ago, I woke my BF when I kept yelling, "I hate you!" He woke me up when he threw an arm around me, because he thought I was having a nightmare. I was actually dreaming about being on a mission to Mars and someone was trying to kill me, lol.

My BF is a notorious sleep talker. When we first started dating, I rolled over and he yelled out, "Don't touch my computer!!!!!!!" Turns out he was dreaming about his old roommate in college, that used to go on my BF's computer without his permission. A few months ago, he passed out in his computer chair while he was playing a game, when I shook him to get him to come to bed, he said,"It's all about the numbers, man." When I asked him what he meant he kept saying, "It's BS! They just don't add up. I mean, the pies, man, why are the numbers wrong?" I still don't have a clue what he was talking about laugh.gif

Just two weeks ago while I was laying in bed, I heard my BF giggle, then watched him sit bolt upright with eyes wide open, and giggle like a madman as he ripped off all of the covers off of our bed. Then, he lay back down, giggled again and starting snoring.

I'm not normally one to talk in their sleep, but about a month ago, I woke my BF when I kept yelling, "I hate you!" He woke me up when he threw an arm around me, because he thought I was having a nightmare. I was actually dreaming about being on a mission to Mars and someone was trying to kill me, lol.

That sounds quite interesting xd.png

I apparently sleep with my eyes half open, and I giggle sometimes when I sleep. I remember a friend of mine got slapped in the face by me when they tried to wake me up, too >w>

I very rarely sleep talk. The last time happened while I was on my way to the mall with family when I decided to take a snooze. I apparently asked "do you want to pay in one payment or two." Another time I was sleep talking was during a lucid dream, where in the dream I thought it would be awesome to just shout "the reason I called her so and so is ..." in real life. Unfortunately, I was living on-campus and I might have woken up my roommate. To this day, I have no idea whether or not I did, since he never told me.

The first time it happened was when I was at home. I was sleepwalking, moving towards the front door mumbling about the car's lights being turned on and we had to go turn them off. xd.png

A few years ago I screamed in my sleep and woke myself and everybody else up xd.png

I've only had people catch me talking in my sleep twice, so I've no idea how often I actually do it.

The one time, my friend sneezed and I rolled over and muttered "what's up".

And the other time, we were having a terrible, terrible thunderstorm that woke my roommate up. And after a very loud crack of thunder that sounded like a plane crash, she said I sat straight up and shouted "load the guns!". I recall dreaming about being captain of a pirate ship that night.

Edited by Alpha Gryph

Best I ever heard - was

"the goats are in the roof eating the lightbulbs"....

I have NO idea, and when he woke up - nor did he....

I was told by my friends that I talk in my sleep and have full on conversations. tongue.gif

The only time I can ever recall sleep talking was when I had a research assignment on the Titanic...I don't remember anything, but my roommate told me that I walked out of my room into the living room and plopped on the couch saying, "You have to get into the lifeboat!" I said that about three times before dozing off. xd.png

Edited by dani905

My sister was at a friend's house for a sleepover, and she fell asleep before everyone else. She apparently got out of her sleeping bag, walked over to her friend's closet, opened it, and grabbed her friend's slipper. Then she said "Mmm, cheeseburger,' and started chewing on it. Her friend tried to grab the slipper back, but my sister said "No, MY cheeseburger!"

She hates cheeseburgers laugh.gif

I did talk in my sleep once, when I was over at my bf's place. He said I mumbled something about a kangaroo, and then giggled like I was possessed. blink.gif