Dawnwing

How did you die recently?

Fighting things for a quest, latency suddenly spikes to well over 120x normal (wherein "normal" = 75-100ms and latency during/after spike = 12000ms and yes that's the right number of zeroes) as I spot two more guys coming out the corner of my screen. Yeah I'm not moving any time soon.

Hey Blizzard these lagspikes aren't very funny. :|

Edited by Lythiaren

Most recent video death.... probably deciding I could solo a group of Elite mobs.

Most cinematic death was on an old game: StarFox - flying in a gap not wide enough for the ship, cutting buth wings off and then proceeding to plow through 4 land based tanks and then exploding.

Heather was impaled by a needle-filled ceiling.

Silent Hill 3. (yes, I'm replaying in excitement of the hd cleanup version... o3o)

borderlands 2: ran over by a bike.

skyrim: random dawngaurd attacks for the win

fallout new vegas: fought a deathclaw with a switchblade, would have won too.

Fire monster popped out of the ground and hit me right before finishing the level.

- The original Kid Icarus. I HATE level 1-3!

Team Fortress 2:

-Sniped various times.

-Pushed off a cliff by a Pyro.

-Hit by Science Juice flasks.

Garry's Mod:

-Vaporized by own nuke.

-Ran over by a Abrams tank.

-Shot by a Abrams tank on a DeLorean.

-Hit by a deadly laser.

Then again there's StarFox Command, but that doesn't count, and we all know why. (Bad controls are bad, and you should feel bad, Nintendo)

Edited by OrbiterSpore

Isn't really dying, but in White 2 I was in White Treehollow when a couple of crits from a Haxorous knocked out my Cofagrigus (who is in place for these types of physical powerhouses). Survived with one poisoned Pokemon left (shiny Stoutland), found a Nurse, OHKOed her first Pokemon and nearly OHKO'd her second. But it ended up killing me instead.

DC Universe Online- Group of people for a raid (missions requiring 8 people), and only one new Healer. 'Nuff said!

Skyrim. i had it made. i had full health, blood dragon had nearly no health, and i was about to swing my fire battleaxe one last time... when the dragon ripped my head off. xd.png

Minecraft: I was bored so I randomly dug a hole straight through bedrock and fell out of the world in creative mode. Then I realized that I had lost the book I was working on.

I can top that one!

Ocarina of Time 3D: was fooling around a mountain (been a while since I played it - forgotten the mountain's name) and noticed there was a cliff to one side. So after a minute or so of looking over the edge, I jumped over on purpose just to see how long the fall would take. I think it was three seconds or something biggrin.gif

I laughed so hard!

Though I did just that on Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. I climbed up the highest building in Kariko Village (or however it's spelled) and jumped. I actually got Link to yell like I was dying in a pit and knocked off three or so hearts. Didn't die, but shows how bored I was.

LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4: I was replaying the level at the end of Year 2 with the basilisk and forgot what the heck I was doing, so I run up to the thing as a Death Eater character and shoot it with Avada Kevada (after accidentally shooting Lockhart xd.png) which typically does absolutely nothing and the basilisk hits me while I was switching spells. Did the same thing in another level with a fight against one of the other (human) characters (I think it was Draco). Some Death Eater I am, haha. xd.png

I may or may not have been murdered about ten times by a Thresher Maw in Mass Effect.......... laugh.gif

I also may or may not have been swarmed by zombies in Left 4 Dead 2.

They take advantage of my horrible gaming skills and the willingness of my friends to sacrifice me to the hoard. xd.png

Realm of the Mad God: Accidentally ran into a group of god-tier monsters in the middle of the map, and was beam-spammed to death. Sad part is, in the game death is permanent, so you lose all your levels and all your stuff except for the things you have stored in a tiny chest, but the good thing is the level cap's 20, which you can get to in half an hour. I died at around level 6.

The game's surprisingly addicting.

Skryim:

Accidentally Whirl Wind Sprinted off a mountain.

Killed by a dragon.

Minecraft: Blown up

Skyrim:

My modded out game spazzed on me and I got stuck while a bunch of necromancers mutilated my poor little mageling.

Dragon Age Origins:

Near the end of the game, there are two ogres who mauled me and everyone else in my party.

Morrowind:

Dagoth Ur killed my mageling.

Died from inhaling too much neurotoxin in Portal- I was playing with the developer console and unknowingly triggered GLaDOS's six-minute countdown as I was noclipping around.

After a long and arduous battle with my foe, of which no side appeared to be gaining ground, I was brought to my knees and given the Coup de grâce by a reverse Z-block.

Damn Tetris.

That may just be the best quote on this entire site. x3

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Left for a deserted island, playing as a black fox-like creature accompanied by a super-powered psychic kitten. "Nothing can go wrong here," said the fox. "This island is full of blue alligators, malevolent ghosts, and giant bees with stingers the size of your head, but I've been trained for years to fight enemies of their caliber, and your abilities are spoken of in legends. We can totally handle it!"

And they did... but they were unprepared for what would face them soon afterward.

Thirty minutes into the journey, after Bear Grylls-ing it through uncharted territory and fighting off a whole slew of enemies, the kitten was killed by a little bunny. Soon afterwards, the fox was killed by a mushroom. EPIC FAIL.

(If any fellow PMD player reads this and feels like password-rescuing someone via PM, I'd be super grateful if you could help my guys out... also, if this is spam, let me know and I'll remove it.)

Edited by Athkore

Minecraft...I threw myself off the roof of my house (built on a mountain) in a sad attempt to land in a pool of water. I clipped the corner of a block and died horribly.

Was walking while playing Resident evil 3 on my psp and tripped over a big rock which gave nemesis just enough time to crush the life out of me.

Most resent for me was in battle zone 2 forgotten enemy's..... I was killed in a air craft by a mine layer..... so much skill lol.

Got squished by Boom Boom in Mario Bros U, I wasn't paying attention, and he killed me.

I also died in Tales of Graces again, thanks to being overwhelmed by monsters(I think they cheat half the time dry.gif).

In Skyrim: Was fighting some bandits and decided to transform into werewolf form so that I could earn some werewolf perks. Bad idea - the transformation turned me into a vulnerable sitting duck and they killed me halfway-transformed.

Final Fantasy V (PSP): Turned one of my characters into a Chemist and was messing around with their 'Mix' ability. I somehow cast Doom on to all my party members.