Iside

Breeding Cavern Lurkers

I have done a Lurker x Sunset combo and I do like the bright colours of the sunset against the dark colours of the Lurker <3 now I need more Sunsets to make an actual pretty checker x

Oooh, that one is nice. Had to try it for myself.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/pNlWJ

I was going to breed both of my Lurkers to Sunsets, but of course my female has to reject my one male CB Sunset. dry.gif

Has anyone tried Lurker x Sunrise? I skimmed through the thread again, but could only find Sunset (which look gorgeous, btw!)

I think I likey biggrin.gif

(m) Lurker x (f) Sunrise

And, (f) Lurker x (m) Sunrise

=y&style[border]=n] NDER (f) Lurker x (m) Sunrise

The male Sunrise seems a little concerned that the female is coming after him, lol.

Edited by CDM

What do you guys think?

http://dragcave.net/lineage/8bfkf

I like it but, then again, the brimstone dragons are something I liked almost right off the bat. smile.gif So, it's not like I'm unbiased or anything.

I went ahead and tried black (m) X lurker (f): http://dragcave.net/lineage/fmsDm

I kind of like it but at the same time, the colors are awfully close.

And I've gotten lots of good ideas off here. biggrin.gif

'Pologies, but according to JOTB, their spriter, they're technically not a small breed:

Adults get to be about the size of a small horse, so unfortunately they're a bit too big to fit under your bed.

Not that that should influence your mating decision! They still look great together. I'm just an annoying stickler for accuracy. ninja.gif (Also, of course, you might be considering 'the size of a small horse' to be a small breed. *shrug* My impulse is that it isn't, but whateva. cool.gif )

Cavern Lurker dragons are nocturnal ambush predators. Although small, they are very aggressive and will attack anything weak enough to be overpowered. Their preferred method of hunting is to lie in wait in a cave, burrow, or other small, enclosed space . . .

I got that they were a smaller breed from the description. Would still have considered them larger than mints cause mints are just scrawny, but that's interesting to know the lurkers are considered more horse sized; it would not have been my first guess to place them quite that large given they like "small enclosed" spaces. Thank you for pointing out that post.

Singalana - that albino is awesome, doing a lurker lineage to compliment it would be cool.

Also liking the M lurker with the F harvest. That's a nice combo.

CAN I HAVE IT PWEEEEASE?

I handed it off to a friend already, sorry. :c

If any of my pairs produces the wrong color again you can have that, though. :V

I like it but, then again, the brimstone dragons are something I liked almost right off the bat. smile.gif So, it's not like I'm unbiased or anything.

I went ahead and tried black (m) X lurker (f): http://dragcave.net/lineage/fmsDm

I kind of like it but at the same time, the colors are awfully close.

And I've gotten lots of good ideas off here. biggrin.gif

Same here Black x Lurker then it auto-abandoned as I was egg locked :-/ *heads over to stupid things i've done on DC*

I hope I can hold out until next year to breed mine. Got 3 pairs of males and females, named to match the other, except for one left over female. I called her "Spawn of Loki" since she has no mate to be paired with. All my other 6 have pairs, so they're fine smile.gif

The others are named:

Bux and Pux

So Evil and So Devious

Stephie and Nichole

(males on the left, females on the right)

Who knows, I might try to breed "Spawn of Loki". Perhaps going to try with a CB red or maybe a black, if I am lucky enough to find one in the caves, to start a little family smile.gif

Maybe if she was bred with a nebula, she'd have pretty babies.. We'll see smile.gif

Lurker x Lurker won't work so you have no chance for a clean lineage. DX

Next Halloween she does. smile.gif

They're very bratty, after breeding with 10 ice there was 5 refusals, 4 no eggs and.. one ice!

user posted image

Nice! I have similar plans as well. biggrin.gif

If you need another one I'll be happy to toss one at you next week smile.gif

Does the spriter have alts?

I don't think we know yet. But I really, really hope so! biggrin.gif So I'm crossing all my fingers.

^ I quite like that. smile.gif I still haven't found the perfect mate that I love yet for my lurkers. I'm still sort of undecided.