Natayah

Contest: New Kill Messages Suggestions

I agree 100%. If you want to change what comes after the word Kill, it might be okay. But I think that word needs to be shown first in bold. That way no one can say they didn't know. Kill is a word everyone should understand.

I am otherwise neutral on the suggestion.

Yep, this. Kill should be something that they know they're doing. It's an action that you have to think twice about. It shouldn't be taken lightly to make people feel better about it.

I support roasting chickens. xd.png

Changing it on thanksgiving would be amusing.

I

Also--as a pescetarian and chicken owner--I would never kill a DC chicken if the action was called "Roast". Then again, I'd never kill a chicken anyway--so, support! tongue.gif

lol. It already says you roast and eat the chicken now when it's killed.

I think the action name should be the same. Different flavor text for some, maybe.

While I was neutral at first, now I'm not so sure changing the name of a permanent destructive action is such a good idea. Most of us can infer it's their equivalent of kill, but what if someone doesn't and tries it out? I mean, I guess if the description still said 'kill' it'd not be that bad, but overall I'd just prefer having the AFTER kill messages changed (like chickens are 'it was delicious,' I believe) :)

Yes, I think I have to agree. Maybe the action can still be "Kill", but the description can change to say "Kill the creature by melting/burning/roasting it" or something :P

For example: some people make monogamous couples of dragons. They simple don't want that X dragon could "betray" Y dragon with other creatures.

This.

Anyway, I don't see any point in changing it. The kill message is just fine.

If we're tamers of dragons I think we shouldn't have this kill action at all. Why you should kill a creature you raised?

As someone who habitually deadlines messy/inbred/long-lineaged holidays, metals, and prizes, I use the Kill option fairly often (although I can't right now because I'm on a gifting list, but whatever). While killing a collection of pixels may seem cruel to some, it's just useful for others.

Support, but just the flavor text and kill messages. You shouldn't make it unclear for younger or newer members who don't get that it's going to be a permanent killing action. Neutral to making the messages more gentle, though.

I don't think we should change "Kill" at all for things like Chickens/Cheese/Papers where the kill message is different. If we had "Melt", "Roast", etc, then we'd have people killing off their unbreedables when they thought it was suppose to be a joke.