Natayah

Contest: New Kill Messages Suggestions

Ok, per several suggestions (joking or not) in the following thread: http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=141228&st=0

I would like to propose a fun and silly contest for new death messages. Proposals could be related to a certain breed (or non breed), gender, age, time of day, etc OR it could be to just make a large list of various messages and one is randomly chosen during a successful kill.

Now this idea may horrify some people, but you could also look at it this way. If you hate the idea of killing dragons, you could submit messages that make people feel super guilty or you could emphasize the dragon passing from our world into another with peace and dignity.

There are a lot of reasons dragons are killed. I personally love Deadline Tinsel x ShadowWalker lines. Some people just consider it a pixel and not a big deal. With Halloween right around the coroner (haha how punny I am), many people are hoping to add a few zombies to their scroll.

While I jokingly suggested this contest for the great reduction in server burden (I know that even a sharp uptick in dragon deaths is going to buy TJ a new car from 2009 or later), it will free up codes. And I also thought it might be neat that TJ would have the possibility of awarding 4 digit codes as prizes sometimes. IDK if its even possible, but throwing it out there just in case.

Would love any and all feedback. Nor do I feel I own this idea especially as it was inspired by another thread and a mod or admin would have to organize it. I'm just tossing it out just like I do with those egg uglies!

Paper:

You take a cigarette lighter and light the dragon on fire, watching it burn to a little pile of ash which you then put in your garden.

(And yes, I know I included a modern object x3))

Slightly off topic but still on the killing subject:

(Succesful Zombie revival)

You realize you have killed the wrong dragon and attempt to revive it with a magic spell, but something goes horribly wrong and it turns into a Zombie. At least, you think it did, because you were too busy running for your life while hearing a soft 'Braaaaiiinnssss....' behind you.

Edited by rampaging wyvern

Maybe this could be turned into forum game?

e.g

P1: Approaching the white dragon, you raise your sword and stab it. That's what it get for stealing your stick.

Magma Dragon

P2: Sword aloft, you charge at the magma dragon, with a direct blade through the heart. The loving light in its sparkling green eyes starts to dim, and its tail curls over its legs the way it always did when its a hatchling. Although it cannot speak your tongue, you can feel the word 'Why' in its dying groan.

Water Dragon

Maybe this could be turned into forum game?

e.g

Thank you, but these are actually suggestions to be added to the site. If you'd like to just come up with some for fun, there's a thread like this in SD.

I would just want all of these written down somewhere. D: It'd be hard to keep track of.

Hence the idea of a contest or suggestion list, but while it would be a fun event, people are going to have ideas in the future. And new breeds, game changes, etc are going to inspire new message possibilities. But on the other hand, I think an ongoing Dragon Death Submissions Thread may be a little morbid.

If we didn't have so much going on during Halloween I would suggest an annual submit death messages period. Maybe Cinco de Mayo or another less busy holiday. Or maybe an ongoing thread is better.

Despite being the person who started this thread, I know I have never killed any of my dragons more than 5 times. (Ok, I admit it ... the zombie dragon terrifies me.) But I know when I went to stab my bronze tinsel ... I would have neither stabbed it nor used a knife. It would have never made it thru the scales. So the death message seemed silly.

So not sure what to do with the idea, but there should be a little more variety on killing.

For all breeds, what about:

You walk slowly to [dragon name here]. Although it was hard, you have made your choice. You stab [dragon name here] in the heart, and (insert gender,if none, simply he) traverses from this world in a quick matter.

For and example of this, here is what it would sound like with my dragon, Budderscotch.

You walk slowly to Budderscotch. Although it was hard, you have made your choice. You stab Budderscotch in the heart, and he traverses from this world in a quick matter.

Now, I can not bring myself to kill a dragon, but this may help me (and anyone else who sees them as more than pixels) handle when we kill a dragon, for whatever reason.

Edited by carstella

Chicken-

You walk up to (insert chicken name here) draw a breath, then stab it. It makes a darned good burrito.

Well, this is a simple suggestion, but one that bugs me nonetheless. Certain dragons are not flesh and blood. Cheese and Paper are the only two (I'm fairly certain), and then you have the uniques such as the Chicken and Dinos. My suggestion is simple - change the Kill action for each of these. Functionally it'll still do the same thing, but it won't be called Kill.

For a Cheese dragon, it might be called "Melt" rather than "Kill"

For a Paper dragon, it might be called "Burn"

For a Chicken it might be called "Roast"

It's not a big suggestion, nor necessary, but I think it'd be a nice touch.

^ I would like this, it would be more realistic.

However I would also like two different kind of "kill" action. A "violent" one and a "gentle" one.

These are the current killing descriptions:

"You take the egg and smash it on the ground, killing whatever was forming inside."

"You take your blade and stab the hatchling, watching the life slowly leave its eyes as it stares at you, wondering why you betrayed it."

"You take your blade and stab the dragon, watching the life slowly leave its eyes as it stares at you, wondering why you betrayed it."

I usually don't kill any of my dragons because I'm too sorry to read this description. I would like if another killing method could be added. You could choose to kill your dragon as you can do right now (for your personal reasons, for example background ones) or because of a dragon sickness or irreparable injury. Something like:

"You take the egg and gently put in a black mana potion, killing without pain whatever was forming inside."

"You take a black mana potion and sadly hug the hatchling before letting it drink. It was very wounded and weak and it was suffering so much that it asked you to do this. It dies with no pain in its eyes and you will never forget this little dragon."

"You take a black mana potion and sadly cherish the dragon before letting it drink. It was very wounded and weak and it was suffering so much that it asked you to do this. It dies with no pain in its eys and you will never forget your loyal dragon."

Edited by Naruhina_94

^ I would like this, it would be more realistic.

However I would also like two different kind of "kill" action. A "violent" one and a "gentle" one.

These are the current killing descriptions:

"You take the egg and smash it on the ground, killing whatever was forming inside."

"You take your blade and stab the hatchling, watching the life slowly leave its eyes as it stares at you, wondering why you betrayed it."

"You take your blade and stab the dragon, watching the life slowly leave its eyes as it stares at you, wondering why you betrayed it."

I usually don't kill any of my dragons because I'm too sorry to read this description. I would like if another killing method could be added. You could choose to kill your dragon as you can do right now (for your personal reasons, for example background ones) or because of a dragon sickness or irreparable injury. Something like:

"You take the egg and gently put in a black mana potion, killing without pain whatever was forming inside."

"You take a black mana potion and sadly hug the hatchling before letting it drink. It was very wounded and weak and it was suffering so much that it asked you to do this. It dies with no pain in its eyes and you will never forget this little dragon."

"You take a black mana potion and sadly cherish the dragon before letting it drink. It was very wounded and weak and it was suffering so much that it asked you to do this. It dies with no pain in its eys and you will never forget your loyal dragon."

Very much agree with that. That would be nice.

I don't have anything against it, but I don't want the Kill button to become sappy. Sorry, but that's just too much emotion for it. It wouldn't really make sense if you killed a hatchling that wasn't sick. Can't you just release a dragon you don't want? No, not for zombies, I understand--but I don't think it's a big enough issue to change the text.

Also--as a pescetarian and chicken owner--I would never kill a DC chicken if the action was called "Roast". Then again, I'd never kill a chicken anyway--so, support! tongue.gif

ETA: Could the Kill action for Cheeses be "Serve With Crackers"?

Edited by ab613

I like the idea from ab613, but I don`t like Naruhina_94 idea to change the description. Killing an creature is never nice it doesn`t matter how you do it, I like the description as it is because with those hard words you think about killing your dragons more than once.

I'm sorry, but I belive in euthanasia without thinking that it's a nicer way to kill.

If we're tamers of dragons I think we shouldn't have this kill action at all. Why you should kill a creature you raised? I would like if the game could give you the option to decide how to relationate with your dragons even when you want to kill them. It's all part of the background we choose to follow when we raise our dragons.

For example: some people make monogamous couples of dragons. They simple don't want that X dragon could "betray" Y dragon with other creatures. Isn't it an optionally background choice? However I can't decide to have a zombie without looking as a monstrous killer. I don't like it because it wouldn't fit the rest of my "personal idea" of my scroll.

However my suggestion was totaly off topic. If you don't like it just ignore it and go on discssing about the rangerofthewest's one. (which I support)

Edited by Naruhina_94

I agree that the kill action's wording should be changed for the Papers, Chickens and Cheeses - your suggestions are much more comical smile.gif I've never killed any of those types of creatures, but if I was going to, I'd rather see such messages.

I personally don't care about how "harsh" the current kill action's wording is - these are just pixels, not actual living, breathing things. However, I do support having more variety to it, and if that means a more "humane" line or two, so be it smile.gif

Edited by Wahya

I like the idea from ab613, but I don`t like Naruhina_94 idea to change the description. Killing an creature is never nice it doesn`t matter how you do it, I like the description as it is because with those hard words you think about killing your dragons more than once.

I fully agree with this.

Besides, don't potions RESTORE energy, not kill things?

Edited by Xythus

I fully agree with this.

Besides, don't potions RESTORE energy, not kill things?

There are many potions in literature that do harm. After all, a potion is just something to drink. It can be anything from "Liquid Luck" to "Living Death", just to cite a well-known booksource (Harry Potter)

There are many potions in literature that do harm. After all, a potion is just something to drink. It can be anything from "Liquid Luck" to "Living Death", just to cite a well-known booksource (Harry Potter)

Fair enough xd.png I guess I play too much pokemon. I personally like the kill action message already, for all the reasons said above. If I didn't want to kill yet get rid of a dragon, I would just release it (that message is not sad).

While I was neutral at first, now I'm not so sure changing the name of a permanent destructive action is such a good idea. Most of us can infer it's their equivalent of kill, but what if someone doesn't and tries it out? I mean, I guess if the description still said 'kill' it'd not be that bad, but overall I'd just prefer having the AFTER kill messages changed (like chickens are 'it was delicious,' I believe) smile.gif

As far as I know, the chicken kill message is somethign like "You kill the chicken and roast it over a fire"? It would be fun if something like that was implemented for cheese and paper as well, but I don't support renaming the action itself. If I read something like "melt" and didn't know any better, I'd suspect it's a fun feature for reshaping the cheese dragon and acquiring a differently shaped one or something like that. blink.gif If it kills the creature, it should clearly be called "kill" and nothing else.

If it kills the creature, it should clearly be called "kill" and nothing else.

I agree 100%. If you want to change what comes after the word Kill, it might be okay. But I think that word needs to be shown first in bold. That way no one can say they didn't know. Kill is a word everyone should understand.

I am otherwise neutral on the suggestion.