ValidEmotions

Something in the Night (OOC Thread)

...I can't believe you're not comprehending this. Then why wouldn't they just use the full court then? Why would they have it divided if everyone's fighting the people next to them anyway?

Cause that way you can be watched and kick major butt! Just saying I have also never heard of single dodgeball.. that's just mean!

The class is using the full gym but there is a boundary line. If you start on one side, you can't cross over to the other side but you can still try and hit someone who's across the line.

I understand that. My question is why they have a boundary line that you can't cross. A boundary line only serves a purpose if there are two teams. If there aren't two teams it doesn't make sense to have a boundary that you can't cross. I understand what you're saying, but that can't be how free-for-all dodgeball is played.

Narvix, would you like me to wait for you to reply, or say something to Dax and throw myself into the game?

I've replied Shur xd.png I made it so that it alludes to Dax replying to Aura in turn but, because of the game starting, he was somewhat cut short.

SDC, it doesn't really have a purpose. It's there mainly because some kids will want to form mini-teams and so they have a boundary line they can't cross. It'll apply to everyone so that it can prevent people from cheating by trying to get closer to their opponents.

You're obviously not thinking this through all the way, but I'm gonna drop it because I'm getting tired of arguing with you.

Hrmmm... I feel like we need something to do in order to actually kick the RP to life. I've been waiting for others to post before I made another.

Well, at any rate, let me ask this. Does anyone have any ideas for teacher descriptions? How about ideas for Nightmares (minors up to generals)? Let me know what you guys have in mind.

Also, if anyone would like to bring up any plot ideas, go ahead and send me a PM or mention it here in the OOC.

Well, I haven't quite decided what happens when someone 'disappears.' Are they dead? Are they trapped somewhere? Did they get turned into a Nightmare? .... OH!! That'd be a good idea! Vanished humans being turned into Nightmares! Though, the process should be slow...

Hmmmmm....

Yes, a slow process. In which case, they would be hidden away somewhere until their transformation is completed.

I was under the impression that's what happened to the vanished humans xd.png

Yes I like that! We need to get school over with so we can have nighttime. Oh! I was wondering, do they know of each other's powers, or is it kind of a ,mystery. I personally think they should have an inkling to the other people's powers and then when someone disappears, maybe someone they all know, they join up and make a super nightmare fighting group !

And here is a suggestion for a nightmare:

Boar-Horse: This creature ranges in size from a large pony - large horse. They have sleek dark coats with coarse hair giving them a bit more protection than their normal coat. They have small eyes that aren't very good for seeing, but their ears and large noses make up for that. They have two tails that are more like a boars, naked with a tuft on the end, but they are long. Their hooves are forked instead of being one solid hoof so they are better for stabbing. They have large teeth, with the front ones being sharp and fang like, protruding from their mouths. They have all the speed of a horse and even more strength because of their boar mix. Weakness: They have no armor so hitting anywhere vital would result in death. However going for their chest or underbelly is your best bet.

Edited by Shur'turgal

I like the Boar-horse idea smile.gif I'll add it to the list of Nightmares under the minor level unless you had in mind it being something higher?

As for knowing each other's abilities, it's really up to you guys if you want your characters to know each other. If you want people to know and have your character know others, make sure to check and see if it's alright with the intended RPers because someone might not always want to be known right off the bat.

If all else fails, I'd say it'd be a good idea to have a small few actually know each other before finding out the rest at a later date. As it is, my trio know of each other.

And, tidbit of information, when your character(s) use their ability, their mark glows. Depending on the amount of the power being used, depends on how brightly it glows. So, say you're telepathic and are speaking one-on-one mentally with a friend. The glow will be moderate. Whereas, speaking to a group mentally will make it glow brightly. For shapeshifters that turn into animals, the glow can be hidden under fur/hair but to an extent.

v.v I had wanted to join, but I just have so much for school now I don't think I can commit. Have fun, though!