ValidEmotions

Something in the Night (OOC Thread)

Oh, shoot, your right. Don't know how that happened O.o Anyhow, I edited the rest of the sentance inn. Perfect example of why I shouldn't still be writing at midnight...

But, yeah, feel free to decide the venom :] I have no idea in mind, just wrote that down because some site said they all were venomous, rolleyes.gif

Allrighty guys, this just vanished from the roleplay section. So you know, if anyone has any OOC they want to mention, they might want to post it before our thread vanishes again.

Anyways, I've never been good with plots so, if I could get some help with that, that'd be cool. Even side-plots would be helpful in getting this thread running.

I had been considering that they'd go home after the farm but then the Bird-Turtle Nightmares thing happened, heh. I'm in favor of them going home now too so I can write up a post to transition that and get them into the morning.

Pertaining to what happens between now and then, I want to hold off on the clue for at least another RP day (as I'm still figuring out what the clue should be -.-). Meanwhile, during the daylight hours, what should we have happen? School assembly or celebration? Announcement of Spirit Week pertaining to the start of the new school year? Go ahead and throw out some ideas, give input on someone's ideas, and/or provide alternatives/combinations.

I'm going to copy this post into the OOC so that it can get a bump and we can take the discussion there. I'm also open to any suggestions in organization or content for the RP/OOC threads. I'll have the character lists updated and I'm considering making an ad for the thread in an attempt to get more RPers.

About the semi-lit thing, I don't know how to bring it down any further. It's just a paragraph minimum which is roughly the basic rule for DC on post length anyways.

Well, I've made Leona take Rose into the past, so maybe they could stay there for longer then they expected?

As for plot - I have no idea...

I still honestly don't think lowering the literacy level is the answer. Some advertisment on the other hand, could be a good idea. Maybe a banner or something as well? I'd offer up my photoshopskills to make one, but onestly, a rabbit would probably do better. Digital art really isn't my strong suit. :s

I've allready come with my plot ideas, and I kinda agree that waiting an rp day would be a good idea. And honestly, all we need to do is wrapp up the current battle and say our characters are too tired to continue. They've been out for a while, and it is late, after all. Anouncement of Spirit Week or something sounds like a good idea for a day plot. All my other ideas are super dramatic, like a fire or a bomb threat biggrin.gif

If not, Shadow just suggested keeping Leona and Rose in the past a little longer than expected, maybe they manage to do something that changes the current situation?

...That smile placed after 'fire or bomb threat' makes me question my mental health.

Edited by coralkiki

About the time change, it would have to depend. How far back did Leona take Rose? Maybe they could stumble upon one of the disappeared people being taken? They wouldn't be able to stop them from being taken but it's a start. If you wouldn't mind it, I'll put in a couple of background posts for you to go off of, Shadow, for Leona and Rose.

Haha the fire or bomb threat would be extreme/ dramatic. At any rate, it's a small town so I doubt there'd be any bomb threat but a fire is still possible. However... We may hold that for later into the RP.

There's an advertisement board here at the top of the Other RPs section so I'll post an ad there. Banners would be cool and I don't mind how simple or complex they are. I know there's at least one good site that can make decently simple ones. If any of you decide to make one, PM it too me with the image and the coding (linked to the OOC); I'll put them up somewhere within the first few posts of the OOC thread.

EDIT: Okay, I've adjusted character lists and added an Update. I'll get a post worked up today and have it posted by tonight or tomorrow morning. In addition, I'll get a simple banner created and put up for use if anyone would like to add it into their signature. Hopefully we can give this thread a good reviving breath. With or without new RPers.

EDIT2: Added a Banners section in an older post of mine on the first page which can be found here. Banners are an optional use.

Edited by Narvix

What if they go back, maybe a few days from then, but as Leona comes back, she remembers seeing a bomb land on the farm or something in WW2? *crazyrandomplotideas*

I could try and do some sort of banner, otherwise I think it's time for a trip to original works xd.png

Derp, of course it's me who forgets we're in America O.o

Maybe that's part of the surprise? *Shrugs*

Haha well, I'd prefer not to mess with any large bits of history even if it's just fiction we're writing. Who knows what could be different?

Anyways, I'll send you a PM by the end of this weekend with some ideas of what can transpire with the two in the past.

Ok, I'll await it eagerly >:3

Edit:

Oh yes, I believe I said I'd make a banner?

user posted image

[URL=http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=138587][IMG=http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/1791/somethinginthenightbann.png][/URL]

((Quick thing done in a few minutes, so I apologize for the crudeness of it...))

Edited by Shadowwolf6

Looks nice smile.gif I'll add it to the list of banners.

Just remember, I'd like for the banners to be linked with the OOC thread.

Edited by Narvix

It's quite alright smile.gif I mentioned the specifics in my previous post but not everyone reads everything fully. I'm guilty of it myself hah -sweats- I tend to skim mostly on things pertaining to OOC threads of RPs I don't control. (Shhhh!)

Anyways, I'm thinking of some ideas so I should have a PM sent to you by tonight.

Yay, banner! Anyway. Just popping in to say that I'm spending my break at this lovely old grandma who is really doing her best to keep me outside despite the coooooold wheather. I.E. Limited computer/internett time, and I really don't think I'll have time to type something up untill I'm on the train again on Saturday. Hopefully I'll have a long enough break at the station to connect to the net and post, if not, I'll get something up as soon as my new hostfamily's internett rules lett me.

Also, Narvix, I'm sending you a PM about student body positions. Just putting it out there, in case I don't finish it before we start lunch. So, don't close that too quickly, please :]

Haha yes, banners. Inconveniences suck but perfectly understandable so don't feel rushed while you've got other things going on.

Got the PM and I just replied.

The banner will be going in my sig, I just kinda... Never update my signature. I'll try and remember to do that soon :3

Inconviniences should be done now, though I have no idea what the internett rules will be with this family (or the next one. I now officially know the definition of living out of suitcases -.-) But I should be able to post somewhat regularly, I think.

I just thought of something. It might be a bit early but, what if I had the Nightmares taking Roodie lead Rose and Leona towards the abandoned house where our group of kids originally obtained their abilities? Re-hints at the fact that something resides there or nearby the creaky home?

Maybe, maybe...

BTW, trying to stick to what you said in the PM, just in case it doesn't look like that xd.png

Sounds like an idea to me^^ Looking foreward to the girls having to explain all this x) Hopefully there aren't any timetravel sceptics in the group tongue.gif

Haha Shadow you're fine with what you put. Coral, I'm sure they just need to mention Roodie and things will be taken seriously. smile.gif

I'll get a post up today or by Thursday.

Alright, I'll be making a brief list of themes with ideas for each day. You guys are free to add to it and we will vote on the favorite one or male a sort of mesh up. Shadow, I'll make a post concerning Roodie by tomorrow no later. Currently on my phone and it doesn't always agree with me which makes posting hard half the time.

I'm sure they just need to mention Roodie and things will be taken seriously. smile.gif

That is a very valid point. And I kinda doubt we'd have any sceptics in the group anyway. I mean, they've all suddenly got some random superpower.

Though I still would like to se them eksplain all this to someone who doesn't belive in magic and whatnot tongue.gif However unlikely that actually is~

I should be able to get a post up today^^ Since I've only got morning classes for once biggrin.gif

Okay, I guess I lied. But I got something up today. My posts are really sucky at the time being though, I feel like we're just trying to pass the time untill something more interesting can come along.

But now that Rose and Leona are returning to the present, do they return to the time they left, or to where we are now? Or return to the time they left and just do a time skip to catch up?

I'm gonna get a post in by this weekend. Least that's my plan. Spring Break just ended so I'm not certain if college will be pressing on my back or lay off for the time being. All I know is that I've got a handful of reading assignments to do.

Concerning Rose and Leona, I'm not entirely certain. Shadow?