Lophelia

Donate

this wouldnt be just for holidays i think

but why cant people be able to keep the one egg they can from their holiay breeding and also make sure that any extras goes to someone who doesnt have that species, is an active player and isnt a brand new player so they know what they're doing

plus this would be completely optional. if this gets implemented and you dont want to donate then all you'd have to do is go to a little scroll setting in the account settings and check/uncheck the little box and say no to donating.

if people want their eggs to go to the ap thats fine, im a pretty big ap breeder too but what ive noticed is that some my bred eggs get picked up by people with big scrolls all the dragon types and all these badges and their eggs die. because the user wasnt active and all their eggs died without getting enough views. plus the fast clickers would get all the rare ap eggs even if they already have that species.

I really wish we could go back to the simple idea of, you are locked. You breed a Gold egg. You get the option of donate or AP. You choose donate. It goes to a non-Gold-owning random person's scroll (not taking up an egg slot) and waits for 24 hours to be claimed. If it is not claimed, it goes to the next person, then the AP.

I think that causes the least problems and can be agreed upon?

Even that idea might cause problems. We have a lot of inactive scrolls, and I'd bet a lot of them lack in rares. So, you breed a rare egg that you want to gift. The randomly chosen giftee happens to be inactive. The egg stays on your scroll for 24 hours before a 2nd giftee is chosen randomly. Giftee #2 happens to be inactive, too. You waste an egg slot for 48 hours for an egg that goes to the AP anyway...

Not exactly a good system IMHO.

I think that it would be better if the system worked slightly differently. You breed a rare egg that you want to gift to a random person with no eggs of that kind. One eligible player with an open egg space visits the site (while logged in), and immediately they get your egg offered to them. Now, it's up to them to either accept or decline your offer. If they accept, you'll have gifted that egg in very short order. If they decline, the next eligible player will get notified that they can claim your egg.

I don't know how the limits should be. How many potential giftees will be notified? Or should there be a time limit (like 12 / 24 hours of trying to gift before the egg goes to the AP)? But I dare say it would work better this way.

There are is something else to consider, though:

- Are there any limits to what the new owner can do with the gifted egg? (I'd suggest no killing / abandoning / teleporting the growing thing.) If there are no restrictions, the system could be exploited by people trading away their gifts so they can receive new ones, not to mention possible multis.

Overall, I'd probably prefer to gift via gifting threads.

well thats why there would be an activity limit as i suggested before but i like your idea that only users that are logged in at the time you donate would be eligible

and if that would happen then i think maybe a 10-20 min time limit before the egg gets sent to someone else if the giftee doesnt accept or decline the egg

and if the egg has been declined a set amount of times then it automatically gets sent to the ap

- Are there any limits to what the new owner can do with the gifted egg? (I'd suggest no killing / abandoning / teleporting the growing thing.) If there are no restrictions, the system could be exploited by people trading away their gifts so they can receive new ones, not to mention possible multis.

Absolutely. It works now, so....

well thats why there would be an activity limit as i suggested before but i like your idea that only users that are logged in at the time you donate would be eligible

and if that would happen then i think maybe a 10-20 min time limit before the egg gets sent to someone else if the giftee doesnt accept or decline the egg

and if the egg has been declined a set amount of times then it automatically gets sent to the ap

Simply being logged in won't work. Those of us who only play on one computer will always be logged in. I know I am. However, being logged in doesn't mean I'm online 24/7.

I definitely don't like the idea of physically limiting what people can do with a gift. People asking for certain obligations to be followed in gifting threads is one thing but actually disabling a user's choices, I am against.

Which opens the system up to exploitation. Which is pretty much against the spirit of this suggestion, helping out people who don't have that kind of egg yet.

What would be with Prize lines then?

I'm sure almost everyone owns all types of Tinsels and Shimmers but maybe not from certain CB lines so if you would donate a Prize dragon it should also go to people who don't own that CB Prize line yet or with that mate not just to people who don't own a single type of prize dragon yet~~~

Same for Thuweds/Spriter Alts/CB Hybrid/Dorkface/Holiday offsrpings... I'm sure people already own commons that can come from these lines and so have no chance to acquire such eggs from these types of breedings unsure.gif

This is why I find the Donating only to people who don't own that dragon yet absurd. Everyone should be able to receive any type of dragon no matter if he has 0 or over 100 of them and then decide if they Accept or Reject it ~ ninja.gif

Also guessing all this would be too complicated to code rolleyes.gif

What it comes down to in the end is that everyone who wants to gift an egg has different ideas of who is eligible as a giftee. Some people don't want their eggs "harmed", others want their eggs to go to people without that kind of egg, the next gifter thinks that everyone who doesn't have X of that breed yet qualifies. Not to mention the problem with prize lines or CB/lineaged eggs (for example CB gold vs. lineaged gold...).

Which makes this probably too unwieldy to code with a reasonable amount of work put into it. Right now, there are way more important features we're waiting for. (Sorting / tags/tabs...)