foxfairy34759

Laurasia -Accepting-

Kaelen breathed out heavily, she was finally alone now. She sat down, running her hands through the rabbit fur mat, it was actually quite nice, though the fur was slightly worn. Nate's reaction of silence only proved her fact even more, if a human was born into slavery and continued to have a hopeful attitude, they would usually attempt to pass on that hope. Kaelen opened her bag and examined one of the pelts, seeing that it required more time to set, she carefully put it back, setting the needle and thread with it. She regarded the knife carefully, checking its sharpness. This will be fine. Kaelen grasped the loose locks of hair growing down the back of the right side of her head. Her scalp never was able to grow hair on the top of her charred face. When her hair started to grow again on the back, it always looked sloppy according to the other slaves; which is something one just couldn't have. Her movements were calm and practiced, when she was young the other slaves made sure to teach her how to do this by herself. The hair needed to be shaved from her scalp, was usually done every week; in fact her actual hair probably needed a trim. This process was always harder since there was no comfirmed stop, she'd wait until she could cleanse herself.

Tucking the remains of the hair she scraped off inside her bag, Kaelen laid down against the rabbit pelt mat. The stone floor was rough, but the fur was soft enough to compensate, which was more than she could say for the basement of her last home. Kaelen sighed, at the current moment, there was nothing to do but rest and wait.

The sound of footsteps alerted Kaelen back into focus, sitting up to see whether or not it was Nate again, or a child. Nate walked in, handing her a cup of water and a peice of sun scorched wood. The wood seemed delightfully thick, hopefully no bugs lived in it before the sun scorched it.

"I'll come back with the food tonight."

"Thank you."

And with that Nate was gone, he seemed to be a good slave judging by the strides of his walk to wherever he was going. Kaelen tapped on the wood, it didn't sound hollow, so this would be good. She retrieved the knife, beginning to shape the wood into a proper peg leg. Kaelen expressionless gaze rested on her work, just content to watch her hands tediously work the wood. But her mind began to drift back to her childhood, the troubles of losing a leg as a child reminding her of the past sequences of legs. The Lord who ate her leg was gracious enough to burn the wound closed. Her parents picked up the slack while she had recovered, her father using his spare time carving a wooden leg for Kaelen to stand on and learn to walk with. Applying the leg was drastically painful, and trying to walk with it was worse, every step brought pain, until the pain became to normal, she could ignore it. Then the bone began to grow back over the months, ruining and slowly splitting the wood over the next few years. They had to break the bone until it was short enough to fit into the new legs made for her. This continued until only her father was alive and she had been traded 3 more times, eventually seperated from her father. An older man who had been previously free took pity on the 15 year old child that had managed to survive this long with such a disability. He had managed to convince her to wait to replace the splitting wood. Somehow managing to cast her bone in metal and grind it down into a point; allowing an easier process to attaching and removing legs. She had been grateful to the man, but something happened to him shortly after. Carving this leg would take some time. Kaelen sighed. Focus.

Once he entered the egg-mothers den, it took his eyes a few moments to adjust to the darkness. Once they had he asked in a loud, but undemanding voice. "Does anyone wish to have a cleaning?" It was only a moment before he could hear Aderlueva say from the back, "I would, come here." He strode to the back of the cave as quickly as he could, careful to avoid the hatchlings as much as he could. When he had entered most of the mother's seemed to have called their hatchlings to their sides, for they had mostly all scattered. He was grateful that Adair's children were still eggs, because hatchlings were the worst to wash. She was settled comfortably beside Seru, their blue markings almost glowing they were so bright.

Over the years he had taken note of how different dragons like to be washed, and so he began by taking his brush and letting the water run down her wing, which he could just reach the top of. He let the water run down a few times before he began scrubbing, the wings more gently but repeatedly, and when he reached her back much more firmly. He never tried to wash their neck or face, they were much to particular about such things to allow a human to attempt to help. Once he had finished he moved onto Seru, and then a few of the other egg-mothers. Only one made him wash their unruly hatchling, which he wrestled to the ground and gave his best scrubbing before jumping away from it.

Night was settling in, and his water was almost out and quite dirty so he emptied it to the side once he stepped outside. He ran to the elder's den, calling the two younger slaves out. They came running out, having probably finished the actual chores long ago and getting caught up in the stories. He told them there was a new slave and to go ahead and get some rest. He would bring the food. They nodded and rushed off, eager to be done with the day. Nate ran to the warriors den, slipping inside as quickly as he could to see if there was roasted food left. He was in luck, for the fawn was basically untouched. He quickly brought out the small knife from a pocket in his ragged pants and began cutting away some of the meat from the thigh to the belly, keeping the skin attached to the meat as best he could. He then took the one large chunk and carried it back to the embers of the fire, which he kicked together with his bare foot, and then set the food skin-down on the warm ashes. He went to his belly and blew, causing a bright red glow. Since the meat was already cooked he touched the middle, and when it was warm he picked up the food by the skin, wrapping it partly in his shirt since it was so warm before he ran back to the slaves den.

Edited by Katedj

(( Sorry Katedj, I was hoping someone else would post before they end up becoming intimidated what I will assume will be you and I trying to keep this rp alive with slave nonsense.))

Kaelen caressed the shape of the wood, examining her work, sighing softly from her reminscing. She flinched, her ears catching the sound of approaching footsteps, they were lighter than Nates had been. Most likely the children. Kaelen quickly turned the scarred side of her face away from the entrance. Give them time to recognize she's not a monster before they see her face. Otherwise she may be looked upon as a threat.

Kaelen did her best to ignore them and return to work, the wood had been carved as well as it was going to get. Now she had to remove her previous leg, which shouldn't be so hard, as the wood had weakened over the years. Splitting it off would be the best idea. She began to stab the knife directly down her fake leg, slowly creating a line down the middle of where a bone would've been. After the line was made, she began to cut into it, making the groove deeper. Placing the knife on the ground, she placed her hands on either side of the leg, pulling it back with an audible snap. Kaelen twitched at the sound of more human footsteps, her previous leg falling in two severed halves. She had hoped to get her new leg on before he came back.

((That's okay, probably much wiser in the long-run. Btw, the song Nate sings is real, learned it at outdoor school))

As Nate walked in, it was very dim so it was hard to see where everyone was. He saw that the kids were sitting beside each other along the side of the cave, and they sounded excited as he walked in. He smiled at them as he walked in, setting the steaming meat fur-side down he took out his knife and cut the skin in half, letting them pick which part they wanted before he took the other half to where he could see Kaelen sitting in the back of the cave. Sitting down beside her he set the food down between them, cutting a piece off and popping it in his mouth. He chewed slowly, despite the nagging feeling that this was going to be a long night for him. Demotic hadn't returned yet so there was sure to be some hungry, dirty dragons coming back with him. He hoped that he had cooked enough despite the interruption that they'd all be satisfied without him tonight.

Nathan liked eating slowly, so when he had finished that bite he didn't reach for another one right away. Besides, he didn't care if he ate all of his half or not. Kaelen was probably hungrier than he was. He stared straight ahead, the entrance to the cave looking quite bright, just illuminating the children as they ate. They were mostly done already, and as they settled into their mats one of them looked at Nate. "Aren't you going to sing for us?" they asked, sounding a bit anxious. He felt a bit embarrassed to sing in front of Kaelen, but Nate began to sing softly, his voice growing stronger and sweeter as he continued. "The day is done. Down the sun, from the lakes, from the hills, from the skies. All is well, safely rest, and good night." It was a slow song, quite like a lullaby, that his mother would sing while they were outside at night, occasionally as she was trying to get him to go to sleep.

(since demotic hasnt been replied to I guess I will make him return to camp! >:D )

Demotic-

He grumbled as he walked into his camp, wanting the pink dragoness to come but yet it would be some time before that. He looked around his green eyes narrow, and cold to the core. He didn’t keep salves long enough to find a favorite, he had one once but she died long ago from a illness. He exhaled black like smoke left his nostrils, it was about time he found a personal slave. He pondered for a moment wondering who could find one. He roared shouting among the dragons and slaves who flirted about him “ One of you must find a slave, gender nor race nor age matters to be my personal slave. Who ever does will be greatly rewarded! ' He hissed out the words his voice threatening and true. He often rewarded them greatly, either a higher placement in ranks or better living, and sometimes their own life.

Kaelen listened quietly as Nate sat next to her, setting down what proved to be, meat? This place truly was strange, where she lived meat was only for dragons, the only time she had gotten a taste of meat is when they had her taste test the food for poison. Her fingers slowly grasped a peice of meat, bringing it for her mouth to devour slowly. The meat tasted sweet, murmuring of a smoky backlash. The consistancy was chewier than she was used too in terms of food, but that was fine; if anything it reminded her of died fruit.

"Aren't you going to sing for us?"

What? They sang here?

"The day is done." Nate's voice was strong and sweet. "Down the sun, from the lakes, from the hills, from the skies." It was strange for Kaelen to hear someone singing, the last time she heard someone sing is when her face had been scorched. Another slave had tried to help put her mind off her pain of her skin having been melted off. Even then, she wouldn't be able to recite a verse of it, not even one word. "All is well, safely rest, and good night."

It had been a nice melody, though she wouldn't be able to really tell the difference. Considering the sleepy mood Nate had just set, hammering her new wooden leg to her limb would probably ruin his singing efforts. She'd put it on outside if only to let the children sleep. She finished what she assumed her side of the meat was. "Nate, help me outside away from the cave. I want to put on my leg without alarming anyone."

Then she heard a dragons voice rasp through the camp.

“ One of you must find a slave, gender nor race nor age matters to be my personal slave. Who ever does will be greatly rewarded!' The voice's consistancy seemed similiar to a fire dragon. They always had a deeper crackling voice in Kaelen's opinion. She tensed noticably, she may have been dead inside, but she hadn't served a flame based dragon since Her Red dragon master ruined her face and devoured her leg. Kaelen's face began to harden, yet her expressionless face managed to stay as well. She had lived her life serving a small set of masters, not an entire camp, she was better suited to serve someone personally. Also, she couldn't let anyone else risk the chance of the pain she'd already recieved. This was going to be hers. "Nate. Whose voice was that."

"Nate, help me outside away from the cave. I want to put on my leg without alarming anyone." He heard Kaelen say. He moved into a crouching position, putting his scarred arm around Kaelen's back, his hand gripping her arm as he helped her stand. As they walked forward Nate heard Demotic begin to speak,

"One of you must find a slave, gender nor race nor age matters to be my personal slave. Who ever does will be greatly rewarded!" As Demotic spoke Nate looked around the small group of slaves. The only suitable choices would be himself or Kaelen. His mind flashed back to all of the people he had seen Demotic devour or destroy without a second thought. He desperately didn't want that to happen again, especially to anyone here. Kaelen's voice snapped him out of the flashbacks. "Demotic. Come on, out we go." He said as he started walking with her again.

~~~

Seru was resting in the moonlight just outside the warriors den when Demotic returned. At his leader's challenge Serubogoth stood up and made his way swiftly towards the slaves den. He could see the slave he brought with Nate as they walked out of the entrance. "Nate, go to the leader!" Seru ordered him calmly, his bright yellow eyes looking straight at the slaves.

Kaelen put her new leg under her bones casing, carefully standing as she applied pressure into her new leg; much like readying a nail for a hammer. Grabbing Nate as a support, she did her best not to fall and take Nate with her as she hopped/walked beside him, moving in erraticly deliberate movements to help hammer her new leg symmetrically; without causing to much of a fuss. Demotic. There was no way Kaelen could allow anyone to be with that monster.

Kaelen watched in silence as the spitfire from before appeared in front of their den.

"Nate, go to the leader!"

Leave it to the dragon who speaks to his slave by name to send him to his death.

Kaelen slid her grip from Nate's shoulder and arm. Tensing her hand around his wrist before releasing her grip, walking off. She took care not to stumble on her first step with her new leg without support. So far so good, with each step she took the opportunity to hammer her leg in just a bit more. She moved in the direction she assumed the voice came from. She moved toward could only be the light of embers in an intensified state, what could only be a Magma Dragon.

Nate tensed as Kaelen began to let go of him, and as she began walking he maintained his place by her side. Once a slave had tripped in front of Demotic and he had them killed on the spot for being incompetent. He could see her settling into her stride so he began walking faster as well. He wasn't sure what was best at the moment, but he'd figure it out soon enough. As they were walking towards Demotic he heard a rush of wind as Seru flew over them, presumably so that he could present them to Demotic. Nate didn't look at Kaelen, he wasn't sure why she was even risking her life right now. He was the one who had been summoned directly, for better or for worse he was being asked to serve Demotic. She was volunteering, Why? he wondered.

~~~

As Seru reached Demotic he stepped aside, using his tail to guide the two slaves forward. "These are the best that I have found, Demotic" Serubogoth said, looking at his leader expectantly. He didn't get the chance to talk to Demotic very often, Icefire was often the ones who gave him direct orders. He waited to see what he would say. Seru was very calm, but he knew he was taking a great risk, especially in presenting humans. It was possible some of the other dragons here would track down a phasling or elf, but at least he knew that Nate was competent. The girl was showing courage, which he chose to respect. He was fairly sure Demotic wouldn't be impressed with much other than a calm slave when he faced them directly.

Edited by Katedj

Kaelen strode forward, her mind reviewing her teachings as a slave. You must speak clearly, loud enough to hear, but not overwhelm and annoy. "My Lord Demotic," Was saying his name something not done in his presence? "My name is Kaelen." She kneeled before him, within range of him claws, a more than easy kill should Demotic choose to do so. Kaelen could feel the heat from his body emanating from his figure. "I will serve you to the best of my abilities." Kaelen lifted her gaze from the ground to Demotic's stomache, her face still, lacking emotion, neither fear nor reverence could be seen on her countenance. " And I, more than others," She reach her left hand to touch her scarred face, ensuring Demotic would notice it. "know how fire can burn."

(note; SL is not rping with us anymore so I need to delete some apps..)

Demotic-

He exhaled as two slaves were suddenly shown before him as soon as he deemed his commanded. He looked at the two both human,easily known by their smell one female and one male.. He snorted, a possible pair..? how unusually in his camp; thou the one named Nate was the only one called forward, she to came.. Interesting.. He looked at Seru, his green eyes narrowed but yet pleased of the dragons quick response, he nodded at him not saying anything. He listened as the female spoke, who turned out to be a slave named Kaelen. He raised up one of his large claws using the tip to trail the burn marks, his face cold as the harden magma that covered his scales/magma like skin. “ Indeed you know of how fire burns and scares...” his voice was cold like ice but yet gentle in a gloomy way. He raised up her head even more looking at her scares finding them very pleasing... “ I wont kill you even though your human, but because of your pleasing face, and how you presented your self.” He looked down at her leg and noticed the wood that was new for her fake leg. He grumbled “ Your leg though, its made of wood..” He suddenly turned looking at one the slave's and its master. “ You! Get her something better, like steel we find in the mountains, make it light or I will rip your head off!!” The two scurried off quickly doing what they were told. The magma turned his head looking at Nate, he pondered for a moment, “ You will also be a personal slave, and so will she..” he looked at them both, “ You will both live in my den, you may leave as you please when im gone but only for a short period of time, you may have extra food/water rations, your normal duties of being slaves to the others are gone, unless I state other wise... But general rules of curfew and such are still enforced and as my personal slaves you will be punished harshly if broken!” he hissed out the last few words the magma in his skin/scales slightly boiling. He suddenly looked at Seru “ Icefire has..vanished and so you will take her place as deputy”. He looked at his two new slaves pleased of his new toys.

Kaelen stilled herself, neither tensing or relaxing as the heat of Demotic's searing claw bean to trail down her skin. The scent and knowledge that any fine hair Demotic touched near her unscorched scalp soon shriveled and was no more, due to the heat. Kaelens felt odd, never had anyone trailed their hands about her scarred face in such a manner. His nail drawing a sensation of warmth as it followed her scar; the area near her lips, her nose, the line of her hair, twisting from up, then down, in the dips of her scars inconsistancy on her scalp, moving slowly down her deformed ear.

"Indeed you know of how fire burns and scars...”

Demotic drew down to her chin, applying his heated version of pressure onto her skin as he tilted her head ever so slightly up, forcing her eyes to actually gaze upon his face.

“I won't kill you even though your human, but because of your pleasing face, and how you presented your self.”

Kaelen looked on in silence as he flicked his eyes to her leg, his hand warming her face as it lingered on her chin.

“Your leg though, it's made of wood..”

There was no doubt about it, he would either be pleased it'd be so easy to punish her, or irritated at how it might interfere with her work. By the grumble in Demotic's voice he probably wasn't pleased. Even if he wouldn't kill her, this might change his mind, as well as ensure the fact she wouldn't be working for him and someone else would be left for that fate. He was looking away, probably deciding where to put her.

“You! Get her something better, like steel we find in the mountains, make it light or I will rip your head off!!”

What.

Demotic had turned back to her direction, but now he was looking at Nate.

“You will also be a personal slave, and so will she..”

What. Her face remained expressionless.

“You will both live in my den."

What. They would probably die from heat.

"You may leave as you please when i'm gone but only for a short period of time, you may have extra food/water rations."

What. (Q_Q Food.<3)

"Your normal duties of being slaves to the others are gone, unless I state other wise... But general rules of curfew and such are still enforced and as my personal slaves you will be punished harshly if broken!”

Kaelen watched in silence as he instructed them, his magma skin bristling with the threat of his fury.

Edited by Limn

Nate could barely keep from clenching his hands as Demotic traced his claw along Kaelen's face, something about it struck him as highly degrading, but he dared not show any sign of frustration. It was just as well, for when Demotic mentioned keeping the rules, the warmth radiating from him intensified. When he had finished speaking Nate was truly stunned. He didn't know whether to be relieved, worried, happy, aloof. For now, he did what was most natural for him to do: work. "Master, is there anything you would like tonight?" He asked, preparing himself to drag his tired body anywhere.

~~~~

As Demotic examined the slaves Seru leaned back on his haunches. His yellow eyes studied his master as he studied his new slaves. He was much larger, and capable of heat damage greater than Seru could dream of. "Icefire has..vanished and so you will take her place as deputy." He heard Demotic say. It was one of the last things he had expected to hear. "I will prove myself a worthy choice, Demotic." He replied, his turquoise markings flaring as he determined to figure out his new position.

(sorry Katedj i meant to pm u and ask >.> for seru to be dep...)

Demotic-

He looked at Nate surprised by his eagerness but yet please to see he wanted to work. “ Ah... yes some food please, meat of course.. After that both of you gather your things and I will show you where you will be sleeping in my den... Kaelen gather your things and meet me at the den, and hopefully your new leg will be done soon.” He turned his head and looked at Seru, “ Seru do your job well, and you may survive longer then the first deputy before Icefire...” He watched the spitfire and slowly turned around looking at the others as the fled away not looking at him in the face. He chuckled amused by their cowardice, and their quick actions. He started to walk towards the path that lead to his den, climbing up the slop the was carved into the rock which lead to it passing the warriors den and so on. He walked inside, pumping up his body temperature causing the cave to grow warm yet comfatble for both Nate and Kaelen. He laid in the back of the cave stretching out enjoying the warmth he waited for them to come to him.

(It's okay. It was a nice surprise. Adair will be happy, mother of the deputy's kids xd.png)

Seru dipped his head at the comment, turning around to make his way into the Warriors den. There was a cleft in the back where Icefire used to sleep, to be able to see everyone he presumed, so Seru flew up to it, settling down on it comfortably. It still smelled strongly of Icefire, but he did his best to ignore that. He wanted to talk to Adair, but first he wanted to think about what his new duties and position would be like.

~~~

Nate raced over to the food pile, selecting a relatively small yet full-grown deer, picking it up with some effort and balancing it on his shoulders. He then ran to the slaves den, explaining to the kids hastily what had happened as he gathered his bedding. His steps were slightly louder now than during the day, since he took extra high steps at night to compensate for not being able to see the ground as well. He still made good time though, running to the entrance of Demotic's cave, then began walking inside carefully. He hadn't made very many trips here, and he wasn't familiar with how it was laid out as well so he walked carefully. It was pleasantly warm, and he could see the glowing red of Demotic towards the very back. Dropping his mat by one side he strode forward, leaving the deer before Demotic and stepping back a bit to wait for more.

"Kaelen gather your things and meet me at the den, and hopefully your new leg will be done soon.”

"As you wish My Lord."

Kaelen rose to her feet, turning to return to the slaves den. It seemed Nate would be the first to risk the danger of feeding the master. As she passed him, she wanted to wish him luck, but such a thing didn't exsist. Skill to you. Was all she could mumble in time, before she had already passed in her brisk trek. Even if luck didn't exsist, the thought would be nice enough.

Kaelen entered the den, looking about, her mind summerizing what she'd need. The mats would be fine for a comfier resting place, even if their master was a magma, any dragon will leave for days occasionally, so she'd also take the deerskin blankets. Kaelen retrieved her things, including the splintered peiced of her previous leg, they were hers after all. Kaelen watched in silence as Nate rushed to get his things. She threw the mats and blankets over her shoulder, setting her leg shards in her bag. Slaves didn't known much. Kaelen swiftly to the place she believed Demotic's den was, she was still quite unused to the area, but she managed to find it. Demotic was inside, streched out in the back of his cave.

"Master if I may enter."

(Edit Ninja'd. )

Edited by Limn

Demotic-

He rose up walking towards the deer the was placed down on the floor before him. He nodded please “ Very good Nate, you've done well..” He looked up hearing Kaelen's voice, “ Yes you may enter.. Place your things in the cavern opening which is 6 feet away from me, its a small cave, but it could fit 6 slaves, so its roomy. Do the same Nate, both you and her will be sharing quarters...” He looked back down at the deer pleased by its plump meat, opening his mouth a ragging fire blistered, thick and hot as it enveloped the deers body. The sounds of the skin, hair, and fat crackled, after about 3 minutes he stopped. He ripped open the deer taking about 90% of it for him self, he looked at the two. “ The back legs are your dinner, eat well...” He hissed. He quickly ate his large portion and licked his scale like lips. He wasn’t much for well done but both of them were skinny, which didn’t suite his taste at all. “ There is a small natural spring pool which does form inside that cavern so you have fresh water, for using the restroom go out behind the den and use the brush/fallen trees...” He grumbled stretching out and using his magma like skin and scales to maintain the temperature, he could feel the cold air outside.

Nate bowed at Demotic's praise, standing by several feet away as Demotic roasted his meal. Much more efficient at it than I could ever be.He thought, waiting. He listened carefully to Demotic's directions. To think that after all of these years of running up to those streams, there was water right here...Oh well. It's not like I had access to Demotic's personal cave anyway. He thought, and seeing that Demotic had finished he stepped into the heat wave, grabbed the haunches of the deer using his shirt to help protect his hands from the heat, and on his way towards the inner cave he picked up his mat again and followed Kaelen inside. He gave her a half-smile as he set the meat down, though he was unsure of whether she could even see it or not. "Things are going to be looking up for you." He said, spreading out his mat. It was dark in the cave, so he couldn't see her expression, just a silhouetted figure. He could hear the water Demotic mentioned, and he stood up again. They would probably be coming with Kaelen's new leg soon, and he wasn't sure if Demotic had anything else for them to do tonight. Nate looked down at the ground, wanting to talk to her yet unsure what to say. He shook his head at himself and walked back out to where Demotic could see him. "Master, anything else that I can do for you tonight?" He asked

Demotic-

He looked up at Nate, “ No nothing else, get some sleep, we have... matters to take care of tomorrow such as looking at hatchlings and such, and getting Kaelen's leg tomorrow which you will help her with...” He wanted to take a look at the future hatchlings for BS and of course their mothers. He had quiet a few thing to take care of still, making sure all the slaves did their job, same with the dragons, and of course making sure all borders are being done. He grumbled at how much work needed to be done but it was for a good cause, humans needed to learn their lessons. And SC was getting in their way and so was Moya their leader.. He exhaled a smoke like steam from his nostrils aggravated just by the thought of Moya and her band of goody two shoes..

Nate dipped his head and walked back towards his new cave, entering carefully so that he wouldn't accidentally bump into Kaelen. He squatted down beside the deer haunches with his knife, carving out a palm-size piece of meat and taking it back to his mat. He cut it into smaller pieces, chewing it slowly. He was very tired, but at least it wasn't cold. He settled on his mat, as his eyes got more used to the darkness he noticed that there was a small hole over the water which was letting in some moonlight. He turned his head towards Kaelen, remembering how she had looked when he first saw her earlier that day. "Your hair was longer." He realized, remembering how she had looked in the fire-like glow that Demotic gave off. He turned his head away again. Thinking about another slave this much won't do me any good. I just need to go to sleep, and prepare for tomorrow. He thought, forcing himself to ignore that she was there, while she was quiet at least.

This all seemed quite surreal, if not a shame. Kaelen did what she was told, listening to both Demotic and Nate's words in silence. Any chance Johnathan had for escape was now gone. The darkness in the cave reminded her of her last few masters. They lived on the rim of bloodstream territory, since there wasn't many caves in the forest, houses were made, or taken. Most slaves were kept in a shed-like room. There were no windows in this room, just a door that lead through their masters house, so if anyone tried to escape, their masters would know.

Kaelen spread out her mat near what she believed to be a corner, setting her things in the very corner. Kaelen could smell the food Nate had retrieved, more meat, this was getting strange. When Nate left again to inquire of the masters wishes, she sat by the meat, tearing peices off to chew on. With the warm meat in her hands, she wandered to the natural spring, setting next to it's cool waters. Her eyes examining the hole leading to the stars. The approaching footsteps indicated Nate's return. Silence was kept among them, until Nate began to speak to her. An observation about her hair, he had managed to get that good of a look at her when that spitfire had dropped her off? Quite the observant one, that was good. Kaelen looked to the ground, she didn't normally have other slaves speaking to her, or visa versa. Was this a time you complimented them? Probably not, Kaelen had seen prideful slaves die for carelessness. "I hope when you die it is peaceful, if not painless."

"I hope when you die it is peaceful, if not painless."

The words were unexpected. And full of meaning. The reality that was behind her words caused Nate's heart to ache, though he wasn't sure if it was from the thought of dying, or if it was how Kaelen, despite being so fatalistic, wished him well. He had never met anyone like her, so he wasn't sure he could know everything she meant by such a phrase. He knew it was not malicious however. His instinct was to wish her a long, happy life. But it felt out-of-place. Everyone must die, even the cursed dragons that held them in slavery wouldn't live forever. "I hope you get out of here and are never a slave again." Nate said quietly, yet earnestly. He hadn't hoped for something so much in years. The only part of that wish that he didn't say was he hoped that he could see her change when that happened, that she could abandon the guarded expressions and dead voice. "Good-night, Kaelen. Tomorrow is a busy day." He added, pulling his blanket tight about his shoulders and rolling onto his stomach.

Edited by Katedj

"I hope you get out of here and are never a slave again."

Certainly an odd thought, but a nice one all the same, trying to acheive that was what got her in the middle of bloodstream in the first place though. Which reminded her, those pgymy pelts were probably dried by now, she wanted to work on them. Working for Demotic concluded the fact that hiding them would be idiotic, like she'd hide them anyway, she utilized anything she could get her hands on. Oh? Nate was saying goonight.

"Till we see light."

Kaelen listened to his ruslting as he tried to get comfy. Yes, those pelts would be made into clothes. She'd wear them proudly and without shame, besides, they'd help protect her body from Demotic's natural flame, and Nates. Kaelen glanced at the male slave she'd have to work with, she'd ensure his life wasn't risked with her frozen difiance. This was her right for guilt, besides, killing those pgymys had been to easy.

Kaelen stood, retrieving her bag as silently as she could, she had work to do. There was a chance Demotic would see her leave, but she wasn't too worried. She'd survived this long.

((Changed all my "Magma" in earlier posts to "Brimstone."))

Windsong stirred. Edyne was sitting beside her in a small cave she recognized as the Healer's den. Rosemary was tending to a crippled Alternate Black dragon-- Ciarresax. How long had it been since the fight on the plain? She wasn't sure. Ednye was humming a little tune. "What? Hello? Which clan am I in? Please don't say Bloodstream!" Windsong cried out in nervousness.

They sky was nice and clear as the wind flowed, giving a gentle cool breeze. Azura smiled as she lazily flew over a small forest with a few towns close by. She couldn't help but stare at them, feeling tempted to go down and explore, but resisted the urge and continued flying, going faster as she headed to a mountain range several miles away. She hated being so far away from the towns, but that was the only way she would stay safe from being hunted down and killed. Of course that didn't stop her from flying out every once in a while to see.

After reaching her den, which was safely nestled in the side of the mountain close to the top, she sat near the edge and looked out at the world below, smiling lightly as she breathed in fresh air and enjoyed watching the sight before her.