foxfairy34759

Laurasia -Accepting-

From where she slept, Edyne began to dream. She was standing in the forest, as she looked around she guessed it to be early morning. It was hard to tell however, because the forest was drenched in a fog. As she began walking cautiously, the fog lightened somewhat. Her teal eyes attempted to focus on what looked like retreating figures, but when she blinked they swallowed by the mist.

A raspy voice voice sounded her name, "Edyne."

"Yes? Who's there?" She asked, turning her head slowly as she looked for someone to talk to. There was just an uneasy silence to greet her question. Her hand reached for an arrow when she realized she was unarmed.

The scene began to fade away, and Edyne's eyes opened to find herself safely in her bed. She sighed in relief as her hand rested on the cool handle of her sword. To awake to go back to sleep, Edyne decided to go outside. Slinging her quiver of arrows onto her back she grabbed her bow and stepped silently through the sleeping dragons. Stepping out of the den the young elf stepped to the side to keep it clear, resting her pale hand on the smooth rock.

( I stopped for a while on taking vitamins cause we ran out but mom got some more TuT My dad was sick before i was next thing u know I got his cold *otl* ... Dont worry Limn xd.png Also guys i just got a new job yay~ Also the new apps. are being reviewed and soon to be accepted... :3 )

Demotic's green eyes flashed with anger, a deep growling sound echoed from his chest. " No one was there... nothing!!!" He roared, magma boiling under his scales, he glared at the scout. " Well... This mission was....a fail..." His stone like claws dug into the ground and his face became cold. " I will deal with you later in the morning, i dont have time for your... failure.. Report to back here at dawn..." He spat out the words harsh, his anger rolling off of him in waves...

---

Moya dipped her head towards Edyne " Sleep well young one..." She turned her head, listening about the Albino hatchling from Ciar. She paused glancing at the small baby, she looked back at the others confused. " None of the eggs showed sign of Albinism..." She glided over to Ciar, laying down next to her watching her carefully she looked back at the baby dragon wondering where it had came from.

Nate sighed to himself, realizing he was unable to go to sleep. Pulling himself up, he eyed the hole above the pool quietly. If he could figure out how to climb out of there, maybe he could sneak Kaelen back in and she wouldn't have to face Demotic. She would at least have a better shot of him forgetting it every happened, he had to be fairly busy as a leader. On the far edge of the pool was a large rock, it would at least get him closer to the ceiling. Wading through the water he pulled himself up, then turned and looked up at the hole again. The water made his pants press against his legs, and he disliked how it intensified the scratchy feeling, but he did his best to ignore it. He reached towards the hole, it was still about 3 feet out of reach. Pulling of his shirt, he gave it a few quick twists and made it long and skinny. Rocking back on the rock, he jumped forward, using his shirt to catch a prominence in the hole. He hung there for a moment, above the water, before he heaved himself up.

The cool night air served only to awaken him further, and crawling quietly along the top of the cave, Nate was soon perched above Demotic's entrance. He spotted Kaelen standing just to the side, and he could hear Demotic telling the grey dragon to leave. Lowering his shirt to Kaelen, he called to her softly. "Hurry, you might be able to escape some wrath for tonight." He told her, hoping she would come quickly.

~~~

Edyne stood quietly outside the warrior entrance for a moment, remembering Moya's gentle good night. She shrugged to herself, then crept quietly out the camp. "I wonder what that dream could mean." She whispered to herself. The night was still heavy over the forest, giving it an eerie look. Forests were far less inviting at night, especially without an extra light. With her hand gripped tightly on the hilt of her sword, Edyne began making her way through the forest. Now was the time to hunt, and possibly be hunted. She had little fear however, she knew how to protect herself against a single foe.

(Sorry I've been gone so long If I don't respond to a post, please just PM me)

Venus woke with a start. She couldn't get her encounter with Demonic out of her head. He had spoken to her directly and she stood there like a fool. Part of her of sad to see him leave.

She shook her head to clear the thought . Idiot! she thought, He's a cruel and vicious dragon, I'm lucky he didn't take me prisoner.

Venus flew outside to get some fresh air. Demonic's scent still lingered at the mouth of the cave. She landed on a ledge with a tree on it and nibbled on some fruit. Suddenly, a pygmy leaped out of the darkness and sunk its teeth into Venus's wing. She yelped in surprise and smashed her wing against the cliff and the pygmy crumpled to the ground. The force off her blow shook the cliff and a huge boulder rolled off the top of the cliff. Venus gasped as the boulder plummeted towards her. Venus tried to take off and a wave off pain shot threw her wing and plummeted to the ground. She spread her wings to try again but the boulder came crashing down on her good wing. Venus tried to pull out her wing but the rock was to heavy.

"Help!" Venus shouted.

Aderlueva raised her charcoal head slowly, her blue eyes shadowed by the darkness of the cave. Breathing softly on her clutch of eggs, Adair warmed them carefully. She nosed them quietly, and once she was certain that they were perfectly warm, she walked out of the cave quietly. The moonlight was shining brightly, and she could hear Demotic talking to Kan'nai and saw a bit of movement outside of his cave. She looked at the mountains around her, and spread her wings. Taking to the sky as gracefully as possible for a dragon of her size, Adair rose steadily above the ground. As she began circling one of the mountains, a cry for help reached her ears. She spotted movement towards the middle of the mountain, and she glided down accordingly. Landing above what appeared to be a pink dragon, Aderlueva snorted disdainfully. "What have you gotten yourself into?" She asked, looking at the stranger's crushed wing.

Kaelen's bag swayed softly beside her, her only working ear picking up the sound of a dragon's rustling. She had nearly reached the mouth of the cave.

“Kaelen where are you going at this time of night, its very much past curfew!”

They never did tell her the curfew time.

Though her master had just directly addressed her, judging by the time of the night, Kaelen guessed it'd be best to give her voice a less confident, obedient tone, dropping the hint of emphasis in her words. His excellency's rest was now on her head, whether or not his restlessness was her fault. "Forgive me----

Another dragon was in their midst.

“Scout Kan'Nai, reporting.”

Kaelen was, but a slave, whatever she had to say would never be as important as whatever another dragon had to say. There was no need to even try to finish the sentence, only to wait.

Kaelen was a perfect peice of background, she merely watched as Demotic lowered his natural temperature, striding to the mouth of the cave to address his scout. Kaelen knew better than to look into the face of her owner without permission, slaves did not have that liberty. Her face remained passive, as Demotic glanced at her. As Demotic's tail carefully pinned her to the cave entrances wall, Kaelen felt, a mixture of emotions, none of them ever making it to her actions. She wanted to shiver, to be concerned at her master's gesture of lowering his tail's skin to purposefully not bother her own, to just get away from the fire. But those were old feelings of her past, long since passed, only refreshing her mind as her brain linked and connected memories and resemblances; besides, there was no fire. This had been the third time that day a dragon had touched her without the intention to strike or remind her of their rank. Kaelen's countenance was calm, stoic even, her master had business to attend too.

“ Its nice to see that you have finally returned to me... How did your mission go Kan'Nai?”

Kaelen's gaze focused on the technical visitor, a storm dragon, a nervous looking one at that. Made perfect sense seeing who her new master was, she'd need a good minute to herself for one wonderfully great sigh, just one, that's all she really could afford. She would do her best to keep the magma dragon satisfied for at least a month. A month was a realistic, but still hopeful amount of time to even think of, but even a baby has to think of walking before it gets the idea to stand.

A guardian dragon as well as an elfish woman neared Demotic's cave.

“Here's the leg piece you wanted Demotic...”

Ah, her leg, even in just the moonlight, Kaelen could feel her confused feeling from before return, even with her simplisticly fatalistic outlook, she couldn't help but feel a twinge of... something... A mere spark of excitment. She hadn't even had the chance to hold and examine the work, and she already thought it was beautiful. The steel leg would be like her, torn from a natural setting without actually being without those of her kind, the material being filtered, beat, tempered, being manipulated until it fit the maker's design, until it was finally refined, unable to even truly miss the ground it had orginally come from, for it would never fit and merge with it again.

The storm dragon was speaking again.

"Well, you understand, sir, that the people in the area seem to have deserted it. I was unable to gather any information as to why they might have left, as the region's population...was, uh, zero."

Demotic's growl echoed through his dwellings.

"No one was there... nothing!!!"

His tail was beginning to grow hot, this isn't good.

" Well... This mission was....a fail..."

Kaelen noticed Demotic's body tense, he was actually attempting to hold in his rage?

" I will deal with you later in the morning, i dont have time for your... failure.. Report to back here at dawn..."

Surprising that he was going to wait to judge someone, that was... good... Though his voiced with filled with a harshly rough rage, the tone itself like the lava that so easily flowed from Demotic like blood from a human. He was so angry, a thing that would soon result in his tail searing her skin, and she still had a base personality role to present Demotic with, she needed to be consistant with what she had already shown him.

She had almost missed a voice.

"Hurry, you might be able to escape some wrath for tonight."

Kaelen didn't even look, knowing what was going on inside Demotic there was a chance he hadn't heard. (I am so sorry Katedj Q_Q Thank you for trying though.) There was no chance she could be forgotten, besides, there was no such thing as escaping wrath. The lowest ranking piece of property always got the brunt of their master's anger, and at that current moment Kaelen didn't know who that was. Demotic had seemed quite enthralled with her scars, he had even prepared for her a leg that might actually be useful. Besides, Demotic would eventually have to bring in her leg and remember that she was there to begin with and managed to get away from his tail pinning her to the wall. Problematic in every divison really.

Kaelen sighed, it was time to do something she had never done before, as well as something unheard of. Kaelen gently put her hands on Demotic's tail, stroking it in what she could any assume would be in a comforting manner, she'd never touched another living thing with the intention to comfort it, there was no point in attaching yourself to someone you were going to lose. Kaelen's touch wasn't careful, gentle, nor rough, it just was; a dragons scales were nautrally hard, it wasn't like Kaelen could even dream of hurting him.

"I apologize I cannot sympathize with your news My Lord, forgive my ignorance, I'm not from this area, I am from the outer ring of your territory, brought only this afternoon." Or was it now yesterday?

With her grave already dug, she had only one thing left to do, talk his anger down and privy to whatever curiousity he had.

"I was heading to where I had been told the river is, I have some precious material I would like to make into clothes. They will take time to develop, so I was planning on getting as much of the tedious perperation as I could done as quickly as possible. As you can see."

Kaelen ceased stroking Demotic's tail, her hands relieved to escape the heat as they retrieved her folded pygmy skins from their sanctuary. Show casing the pelts to Demotic, she had nothing to hide. No hint of shame or anything that could be called nervous could be seen from her.

"Two Crimson Flare Pygmies, One Dark Myst Pygmy, and a Misfit pgymy. My previous masters, I understand if you are angry, but really, in your command what use are dragons who cannot even defend themselves from a cripple? Their resource draining bodies would have only given your enemies a sense of pride and accomplishment when they were finally sent to the front lines."

Maybe that wouldn't have been so bad... But Kaelen didn't even know anything about the other side, they were just more dragons with ideals to her.

"Since I was young I have heard of you Demotic, of how you despise the scent of humans. My Lord, clothing from these skins would make our scent less of a disgust and bane to you, as well as allow us to work more effiectently in your presence. Allowing you to raise your heat to a more comfortable temperature as you please. I humbly apologize if this is unacceptable. You may imagine this wouldn't be advantageous to you, as you can do whatever you please, kill us whenever you fancy it and replace us easily. Permiting us skins wouldn't change anything, your claws could kill us as easily as you could without them. One might imagine a suit of dragon scales could lead to an opening to run, but really sir, we are in the middle of your camp. I couldn't even manage a step into the desert outside your terriorty. To any dragon around us we are just another couple of slaves, I've heard you go through a number of slaves daily, no one would even know we belonged to you, if captured or killed; I've heard in the inner ring of your land there is no need for branding, because most slaves are shared or die soon anyway."

Probably for the best, Kaelen didn't want the other slaves to inquire of her previous services.

"Would it be so bad, to have everyone know only you had slaves forced to change their image just to better suit you? Anyone can a slave, not everyone can have the right to have walking symbols of their power. We'd be just another example of how we are nothing but whatever our master wishes us to be."

Kaelen returned the pelts to her bag, resting her hands gently on the tail that pinned her to the wall.

"I am here to serve My Lord, as I am but a slave in your world."

Well, it was time to die, she had been more than ready for death the day she killed her masters, least the speech could be considered nice.

(Q_Q Well, goodbye Kaelen, nice rping you.

But seriously, guys look, a post thank you for keeping this relatively alive Katedj ^^ )

Edited by Limn

((I don't mind. You write very beautifully.))

Nate blinked, realizing he had been talking to a shadow. Twisting his head, he could see Demotic standing near the entrance of his cave, and he cringed as he realized he must have stopped Kaelen from even exiting the cave. The coolness of the stone was sharp against his bare chest, and he slowly pulled his shirt back up, tucking it under him so he could hear what was going on. The conversation between the grey dragon and Demotic was already passed, but he could still sense Demotic's anger. He suddenly heard Kaelen's voice. It was clear and gentle, more so than he had previously heard from her mouth. A sense of awe spread over him as he listened to the most elegant and cunning speech he had heard. He couldn't see the pelts, but he heard a rustling as she unfolded them. It took him a moment to understand what she meant when she said, My previous masters. The realization that she had made them into whatever she was holding, presumably their pelts, shocked Nate. He didn't know what to make of it, so he tucked the information away. He closed his eyes, listening carefully as she neared the end of her speech. The way she presented her goals to Demotic was cleverly appealing to his pride, but Nate wasn't sure if it was going to be enough.

((I hope she doesn't die. I can't keep it alive without you))

Venus looked up at the dragon, "Please," she pleaded, "This rock fell on me, I'm trapped." Venus had no choice but hope this dragon was friendly.

Aderlueva snorted in amusement. "What will you do for me if I help you out?" She asked, settling into a more comfortable position on the ledge above the trapped dragon. She was sure that she could easily move the boulder, being a Hellfire Wyvern, and a female one at that, she was known for her strength and powerful fire. If this dragon was a Bloodstream, she wouldn't find it nearly as amusing. But when strange dragons thought they could survive the rugged terrain and failed...Adair couldn't help but laugh.

Venus was silent. She hated being at the mercy of creatures with no mercy, "What can I do for you? I shattered my wing, even if you did move this stupid rock I wouldn't even be able to fly!"

Aderlueva shrugged, then let her more reasonable side come out. The pink dragon made a good point, and she wasn't going to leave her to die anyway. "Look, I can free you. With your wing being shattered like that, I doubt you'll be able to survive on your own. I suggest you try your luck back at Bloodstream, we at least have a healer." She said, landing next to the pink dragon suddenly. Bracing herself against the wall behind her, Adair lowered her shoulder beneath the rock and lifted it off the pink dragons wing. She kept standing, her muscles straining against the weight of the rock, but the rock soon tumbled a bit further down the mountain. "But you would probably need to join, and that has it's own risks." She said, continuing the conversation. Now that she was closer to the pink dragon, she towered over the smaller breed.

Walking a bit away to give the dragon some space, she glanced over her shoulder at the stranger. "So what do you want?" she asked, her blue eyes glowing softly in the moonlight.

Venus sat up and carefully folded her wing against her back. "Thanks, by the way, I'm Venus." she muttered. Venus thought about what the larger dragon said and weighed her options carefully. There was no way she would ever make it back to her cave at the top of the mountain. "I guess I'll come with you," she said grudgingly, "how faraway is Bloodstream?"

(Thank you Katedj ^^ , I appreciate your compliment. I myself enjoy your detail when it counts. Well find out whenever Foxfairy returns.)

((Tis only the truth happy.gif))

"Aderlueva." Adair replied. "I would guess the journey to take no more than half the night, as you will be walking." She added, stretching her wings. "I will be flying, very slowly, above you. Once you reach the camp, you will be taken to see the healer. Then Demotic will decide what to do with you when he wakes up."

With her final words, Adair began to flap her wings powerfully, rising into the sky. There was a decent wind that blew along the mountain, and for once she was glad it was blowing against her. She kept her wings steady, and was basically hovering slightly ahead of Venus, leading the way.

Venus sighed and followed Aderlueva. The mountains looked tall and menacing from the ground, she just hoped she wasn't being lead into a trap.

Not many would not consider this time as dawn. Only the faintest glimmer of light was visible at the horizon. If this was an ordinary appointment, Kan'Nai would have waited a few minutes, but this was a meeting with the Bloodstream leader, and it was probably best to come early rather than late.

Briefly Kan'Nai considered running away. He had only joined Bloodstream because there were no independent armies anymore, and couldn't find any other occupation. The clan was definitely not worth his life.

But if Demotic didn't kill me last evening, he probably doesn't mean to at all, Kan'Nai reasoned.

Walking around the seventy-third tree this morning, Kan'Nai's temper was beginning to rise. The thorns snagging his folded wings did not ease his frustration in the least.

Kan'Nai's eyes gleamed for a second, and a tornado formed out of midair, carrying off entire treesand blowing them far away before Kan'Nai dissapitated it. With a clear path ahead of him, Kan'Nai strode to Demotic's den, feeling pleased with himself.

Standing at the enterance to Demotic's lair, Kan'Nai strained to see if its occupant was awake. Seeing no movement, he shifted uncomfortably, wondering what to do.

((Ooc; Foxfairy, we're waiting for you. You have a bit of a time-skip to work with now too))

(( As do I apparently? Q_Q I don't even know Kaelen's fate yet, tell me greatguy, is there dead human scent in the air since you managed to fly to the future? ))

((Everyone might be dead now. Without Foxfairy's dark matter, the RP universe keeps expanding at an accelerating rate, sending the universe into the freezing death. If she doesn't return soon, the planet will be ripped apart on the atomic level and fragments will be sent flying all over the universe. Eventually the atoms will disentegrate themselves, and the black holes of the RP will be nullified.

All in a metaphorical sense, of course.

To answer your question, the dragon's figurative ears are falling off. Even Demotic is hardening into metaphorical rock. So whether Kaelen is dead or not is a mystery, and it might possibly be irrelevant, since without this RP's dark matter/black hole/white hole/color charge/electromagnetism/gravity popularly known as foxfairy, everyone will be dead anyway.))

(( It amazes me how I have neglected to respond to that/this yet. Thank you for the report greatguy, that was a truly wonderful bit of information. wub.gif Come back soon FoxFairy, I hope your well.))

*bump