lastcrazyhorn

Gendered adults without progeny

I don't know if this should go in breeding, because it is about breeding, but it's not about lineages.

Anywho, I was wondering, does anyone else have the obsessive need to make sure all of your dragons have at least one kid?

Not really, lol. If I get more than one kid, yay for me. I don't have set mates, so it's interesting to see what comes up with what.

I used too, but then I realized that most of my dragons had hideously inbred lineages and most people wouldn't want their offspring. Now I only breed those dragons with nice lineages, usually the CBs.

I used too, but then I realized that most of my dragons had hideously inbred lineages and most people wouldn't want their offspring. Now I only breed those dragons with nice lineages, usually the CBs.

Yah, this. I usually don't breed dragons any more unless I know the offspring will be wanted, so pretty much none of my newer messy lineaged/common dragons have kids. And by 'newer' I really mean 'anything I got within the last two years,' haha. ;w;

This is pretty much what I do also. Now that I have more CBs than lineaged, I prefer to breed those.

I'm pretty much the opposite; I don't breed my dragons very often, and when I do they're usually repeat pairs. Don't see a need to breed unless it's something I want or others may want, so most of my dragons will remain childless.

Don't worry, they're cool with it-- more free time, less responsibility, don't have to worry about saving up for college...

Also this. It's a shame, but I don't want to clog the AP any more than it's already clogged, especially with dragons that aren't sought-after.

I tell you though, if you feel like breeding any of your messier, rarer dragons, I wouldn't say no to having one. smile.gif

What I do though is try to breed the dragons that are either hard to find or have breed specific actions or ones that are even gens.

I guess many of my adult dragons don't have offspring... I usually don't breed them, except for a lineage or if I think the offspring could bring joy to other users (like 2nd gen commons from a Holiday parent). And since I get many more dragons than those, quite a few of the rest should be childless.

Edited by Ashtoret

I tell you though, if you feel like breeding any of your messier, rarer dragons, I wouldn't say no to having one. smile.gif

What I do though is try to breed the dragons that are either hard to find or have breed specific actions or ones that are even gens.

I'm breeding nice pretties to those who don't have any, I could keep you updated.

edit;;

I guess many of my adult dragons don't have offspring... I usually don't breed them, except for a lineage or if I think the offspring could bring joy to other users (like 2nd gen commons from a Holiday parent). And since I get many more dragons than those, quite a few of the rest should be childless.

This. 8>

I'm pretty much the opposite; I don't breed my dragons very often, and when I do they're usually repeat pairs. Don't see a need to breed unless it's something I want or others may want, so most of my dragons will remain childless.

Don't worry, they're cool with it-- more free time, less responsibility, don't have to worry about saving up for college...

^Same

I don't breed my dragons often and when I do, it's only ones that have a special lineage or are more wanted.

The only dragons I make a point of breeding are my holidays whenever their breeding week comes around and dropping them to the AP for people who weren't there previous years. (though seeing as last Christmas someone killed both Yule eggs I bred, I might have a change of plans)

I find it hard to keep track of my dragons' lineages, because I have so many of them, even though I know which ones I have/need more of. I simply don't have a lot of interest in taking down lineages, names, breeding dates, specific lineages, what I need to influence, ect. It's simply too much work for me, but I'd totally let someone gift me a lineage egg I have to keep up, simply because it poses a nice challenge to try and keep that lineage going for however many generations I can without getting bored. Ah, the merits of breeding something draconic.

Edited by Ashes The Second

Well, mine aren't inbred -- all but a handful are either CB or 2nd gen -- but I'd say about half don't have any offspring at all. I only breed when I have a request for something or if I see a lot of people in the trades thread asking for certain breeds, because I don't want to add to the clutter of unwanted "junk" eggs in the AP. Honestly, I hate it when people just run down their entire scroll every week and breed everything to dump to the AP, no matter how many eggs of the same types are already sitting there unclaimed. dry.gif

I dunno y'all. As long as you don't breed Earth dragons or Neotropicals, pretty much whatever you abandon is going to be snatched up just as fast as it can be.

That's my experience anyway.

I do, but only for my uncommon/rares, for the rest i dont care xd.png

BTW, Wouldnt this topic go in general disscusion?

I'm trying to breed all my CBs on my scroll for one big Even-Gen project i'm doing. Thankfully, most of the dragons on my scroll are Even-Gen (With the exception of my Tinsels, a Snow Angel, Golds and Holly). I would like to have them all have mates, but i'm doubting i'll actually reach that goal since a lot of them are related. n_n;

I don't breed as often as I used to and now only breed some eggs people might like. Normally second gens PB from certain, more desirable breeds, or 3rd, 4rth gens from thought out lineages. I drop them from time to time on the AP as a kind of gift for others to enjoy, although it saddens me when I have spent months working on a nice lineage and their offspring gets bred to some messy, inbred dragon, so I don't do that as often any more now.

I used to breed my nebulas every week. Second gen, PB eggs.

Then, when alts came, people were so mad after the alts all the offspring ended up in horrid lineages. I stopped breeding them completely.

I know that once it is out of my scroll I can't have a say on what happens to them, so I chose to keep them to my scroll.

I only breed for requests or lineages. I don't like dropping things to the AP because they end up dead or unnamed and/or in terribly messy lineages.

I don't breed as often as I used to and now only breed some eggs people might like. Normally second gens PB from certain, more desirable breeds, or 3rd, 4rth gens from thought out lineages. I drop them from time to time on the AP as a kind of gift for others to enjoy, although it saddens me when I have spent months working on a nice lineage and their offspring gets bred to some messy, inbred dragon, so I don't do that as often any more now.

I used to breed my nebulas every week. Second gen, PB eggs.

Then, when alts came, people were so mad after the alts all the offspring ended up in horrid lineages. I stopped breeding them completely.

I know that once it is out of my scroll I can't have a say on what happens to them, so I chose to keep them to my scroll.

I'll probably do exactly this. I put out nice lineages, and even attempt to continue my lineages, but I see so many unnamed dragons, and it kills me. I just won't drop for people anymore, at least not with my really nice, simple set of dragons. If that's what it takes, then so be it, but I want my dragons given a name. That all I'll ever ask anymore, because so many users that catch them don't name them. 8<

Honestly, I hate it when people just run down their entire scroll every week and breed everything to dump to the AP, no matter how many eggs of the same types are already sitting there unclaimed. dry.gif

Amen to that. I can't stand picking up eggs that are 88 gens long and are messy as heck.

I tend to breed with a purpose. Sometimes it's for lineage projects, sometimes just to surprise the AP hunters by finding something nice. I don't get the point of breeding junk to toss out. Now, I've derped a couple times and mismatched my intended mates, which resulted in a messy egg being tossed to the AP, but on the whole, I don't see the point, or a need, for messy junk being bred intentionally and clogging up the AP.

To each their own I suppose.

BTW, Wouldnt this topic go in general disscusion?

General discussion is for topics that don't involve dragcave so this is in the right section.

I checked to see how many of my adults had progeny using this http://www.coup-detat.info/NDER/Stats.php

977 of my 3254 adult breedable dragons had progeny. I don't usually do a lot of breeding but those 977 adults have a total of 2124 children between all of them.

I only breed for something I want or if someone else needs something I have and can help them.

I do not inbred my dragons. I will also breed them for nice lineages and no set partner.

I like breeding a dragon for the first time and getting an egg. c:

For my prettier dragons that don't have real mates, I do try and make sure they have at least one nice-looking kid. I like looking at my nice dragons and seeing if they have nice kids and other people probably think the same way.

When I breed dragons just so they have children, I dump them to the AP. The risk of my egg getting killed or whatever is worth the small possibility that someone sees my egg and goes "Oh wow, I've never seen a pretty lineage before! I'm going to try making some now!". :D

For the most part I only breed for lineage projects I'm a part of, so most of my dragons don't have any offspring. I also occasionally breed to give away or trade eggs. (Last Halloween I made out like a bandit trading bred eggs for most of the dragons on my wishlist.)

I used to occasionally breed uncommons that I had and would drop the eggs in the AP. Using the link rubyshoes has above I found out that my split pair has the most children of any of my dragons at 10 offspring. I don't even remember breeding them that many times! (Kinda forgot that I used to do that.)