Thuban

Ideas for scroll view options

I like the views stats - they can be handy when you suddenly realise something might be close to getting sick, or that it needs more views.

right, but they are NOT needed for adult dragons that no longer register views

I completely agree and have been saying for a while that the views stats on adults and frozens should be taken off the main scroll view and replaced with more useful things: a lineage link, an indicator if the dragon was able to breed, a BSA cooldown indicator where applicable, etc.

If DC had something like Wajas where we could sort dragons onto different pages, that would be incredible. If we're really that worried about people using inappropriate names, then we can make someone approve all the names like we do descriptions. But I don't think that's a big deal. If people just reported inappropriate page names like they currently do dragon names, we'll be fine.

natayah, i believe you are misunderstanding my intentions: the imageless option would ONLY be for a scroll view, not site wide. It would not be fair to provide an option that would give users a higher advantage while hunting. The option is purely for people who rely on ctrl+click for breeding tabs and stuff like that. I prefer to load my dragons once, and just leave it loaded... than having to jump back and forth between tabs looking for the dragons i want. Since i can not do that, im perfectly happy to just have the list of clickable codes/names since i know the majority of my dragons locations when they are in list form.

I support any options involving removing the stats from the page. I very rarely pay attention to them, and i tend to prefer minimal clutter. The only time i like having views is on still growing stuff.

Edited by Thuban

What stats I would want are gender, breed, name, code, link to lineage, link to actions and possibly a notation if the sprite is alt or not or which alt for multiple options. That's all I need to play. I already have my dragons sorted the way I need them.

This was pretty much what I was going to say for an imageless scroll. I find my breeding pairs by finding their names. The only places I'd need the images is to sort by color (yay rainbows) with alternate custom sort and lineage checking. Otherwise, just knowing the basics works for me. And of course, text-only wouldn't take up nearly as much space as it did with the images, and just loads faster overall. Saves space, reduces lots of lag. This idea is probably my favorite.

I support any options involving removing the stats from the page. I very rarely pay attention to them, and i tend to prefer minimal clutter. The only time i like having views is on still growing stuff.

and if only the growing dragons, which are normally at the top of a page anyway, need view stats, then it would be very easy to put them in columns with several dragons on a row- you only need the image, name and gender. oh, and the options button.

and if only the growing dragons, which are normally at the top of a page anyway, need view stats, then it would be very easy to put them in columns with several dragons on a row- you only need the image, name and gender. oh, and the options button.

NOOOO please not in multiple columns ! ONE column is so much easier to see...

We can do text only by just turning off images anyway.... I already do that on shaky days !

NOOOO please not in multiple columns ! ONE column is so much easier to see...

We can do text only by just turning off images anyway.... I already do that on shaky days !

with multiple columns as an option.

Actually, I was thinking that you could start on a new row anyway for each new breed, so they would be separated into breeds but within a page.

Edited by dracocharky

Tbh, I switched to the page thing a long time ago, because scrolling through all my dragons was exhausting. I don't do the ctrl+F trick a lot of you seem to have mastered, so this update hasn't really affected me much... I got used to the pages ages ago, and have them sorted a certain way that makes it easy for me to find everything.

Tl;dr, I hope that if you guys get this page sorting thing you want (which does sound useful, honestly) I hope I get to keep mine this way.

...alternately, I'd like it if I could sort it to fit the 5E lineage, lol, with each element getting a page... but I doubt that would ever happen laugh.gif

EDIT: And after actually reading the first post, I wanted to add more money onto my two cents...

The imageless viewer thing is rather intriguing to me, and it would actually work with how my scroll is sorted... but only if we replaced the dragon's image with the name of their breed in some way. I have most of mine sorted in little clumps, so the breed name plus the dragon name would be perfect for me. Tiles would also work, but again, I'd like the dragon's name to be seen below, like what happens when you use Alternate Custom Sort.

I don't like the Most Bred idea, but if that was an optional thingy I would have zero issue with others using it.

Edited by silver_chan

There hasn't been much activity on this thread Post Sort method, however, the limits of the dragons I can view per page and the lack of useful information to me next to the dragons has stopped me from playing this via mobile. And that would save me a lot of time from having to use my home computer as I use mass transit to commute and have a nice hour or so of time to play DC catchup.

Now I have to wait until I get home, and its eating into my time with my husband and time I could be sleeping. This bothers me because when a hobby eats into my necessary irl activity time and I'm forced to choose, the hobby eventually loses.

I would really really really like some other view options for those who are not using large screens and get 500 dragons per screen.

And I am cool with those being text options. I will be a much happier player if I can have some other view options because then I can keep the hobby, which I picked up originally so I could have something to do while in transit, to continue to use it in transit.

Does anyone have any feedback post sort methods, especially on mobile options??

Here's an idea: What if we sorted by breed, but in a different way.

We have 1 image of each type of dragon (1 Silver Male, 1 Silver Female, 1 Ice, 1 Magma). When you click, you're given the image-less idea of each dragon of that type. For dragons that share (like White & Balloon for example), there would be a text that says "male" with all the appropriate codes of that gender below it. Same for Female.

So in a sense you keep the image, but there isn't an image for each individual dragon.

If these do get implemented they will be optional right? I like my scroll exactly the way it is with 500 on each page like I had it to begin with. The full loading scroll got a bit hard to deal with after hitting 700-800 dragons so I went down to 500 on my own.

Suggestion 3-?:

~Personalized Page sorting- the ability to sort bsa to one page, personal lineages to another and so on. (the ability to name these individual pages seems to be rather popular as well)

Pros: yes, a way to sort your dragons as you see fit. This could be rather handy to large numbers of people.

Con: if page naming is allowed, how do we ensure people wont be using inappropiate names for their groups? if this is a personal view only, it is not a problem, however if we have the ability to check out other peoples groups, this could be a huge issue. The only way i can think of to get around this would be to use preset names for page grouping (lineage 1 lineage 2 blah blah... bsa teleport, bsa-incubate.. but this probably puts a cramp on peoples personal styles.)

Why couldn't we just do tabs. You can even just name them tab 1, tab 2, tab 3 or whatever. Maybe even colour code them if necessary. That would make life so, so much easier.

Edited by boscodelta