bbik

Teleport Organization/Usability Improvements

I Support all of them but especially no.1 suggestion since I just got cheated ><

I wouldn't call it being cheated (unless, that is, someone PM'd you saying something like "Hey, look I just put up a CB Black, on your trade link!" and then offered a lineaged one instead) since you could have checked the lineage(s) before accepting. Cheating implies malice and the intent to deceive. It's entirely possible that the person offering the trade considered their offer to be a fair exchange and/or the equivalent of what you requested in exchange.

That said, I would very, very much support the ability to click to view offered items on teleport. As it is, it's really a hassle, especially if someone's offering multiple eggs/hatchlings and you have to either open a number of new tabs to type them in or keep going back and forth to check them all.

Edited by Imbecamiel

That said, I would very, very much support the ability to click to view offered items on teleport. As it is, it's really a hassle, especially if someone's offering multiple eggs/hatchlings and you have to either open a number of new tabs to type them in or keep going back and forth to check them all.

I agree, simply adding a clickable lineage link would make things a whole lot more convenient when you're checking a lot of lineages in a trade.

1. Links for teleport-eligible and offered dragons

It would be very helpful if dragons listed for trade/transfer, and even those which are eligible for a trade/transfer, would link to either their /view/ or /lineage/ pages. Most trades involve a dragon being of a specific lineage (whether CB, PB, inbred, whatever), or with a specific time remaining, or meeting other equally specific details, so it would be nice to be able to check that directly, rather than typing in the code.

YAY! Thanks TJ! They are now CLICKABLE! Woot!

I found out the eggs were clickable for myself and I was totally confused, as to why I could do that, until I read this forum lol

E. Teleporting CB eggs during the 5 hour abandon limit

The limit is meant to prevent CB eggs from clogging the AP, but if they're being teleported, they have a home waiting and won't affect the AP. The limit should be removed in that case, since all it does is hinder already planned trades/transfers.

Main discussion thread

This would just make my life. And it makes total sense, even after you teleport it to someone they cant abandon it for 5 hours, and your magi is on cooldown so I dont really see how it can be abused.

In full support^^

Hmmm...jumped too fast ... it appears that they are clickable only when you receive a transfer but not when viewing offers....y?

Hmmm...jumped too fast ... it appears that they are clickable only when you receive a transfer but not when viewing offers....y?

I think it's only when you offer something, only your offers are clickable.

Yup. Just tried it on my current offer. My transfer isn't clickable, my offer is, what I'm trading for isn't. Not sure about the other way around, though.

Yep, just tried as well. Sadly D:

(but it's useful to see the lineages anyway :3)

I think it's only when you offer something, only your offers are clickable.

Yup. Just tried it on my current offer. My transfer isn't clickable, my offer is, what I'm trading for isn't. Not sure about the other way around, though.

I found out when someone sent me a transfer teleport link. I clicked on the eggies on teleport page and were directed to the view page. Thought it's the same with offers but apparently not so. Would be awesome if we could also click on offers.

I would love to be able to teleport eggs that I've just grabbed at the Cave instead of having to wait 5 hours.

I found out when someone sent me a transfer teleport link. I clicked on the eggies on teleport page and were directed to the view page. Thought it's the same with offers but apparently not so. Would be awesome if we could also click on offers.

So...your offer/their trade, your offer works.

Their transfer works.

Their offer/your trade doesn't work period.

Your transfer doesn't work.

-Is that all? (And are those all the combos?)

Edited by stogucheme

I've been offered another Tinsel as a trade for a 2gen Thunder. If it were a short lineage Tinsel, I'd probably take it, as it is I'd be taking a pig in a poke since I can't see how long the lineage is. I don't want yet another looooong lined Tinsel and feel that it would be worthwhile if we were able to see the lineage of any egg/hatchie we were offered via Teleport. If this is already available and I've missed it due to idiotish, I apologize.

You can right click on the egg offered when it comes up as an offer, and get to its lineage that way - as I recall (no trade pending just now, so I can't check, but I swear I did that earlier when two people were holding tinsels for me and I couldn't remember which was which *blush*...)

6. Accept only part of a trade offer

Choosing whether you want to accept a trade as offered, or only accept part of the offer, would be quite nice. This would be especially useful if you don't have many slots available, and the offer includes more dragons than you could fit, but you would be happy to settle with accepting only the subset that you can fit.

* With the number of times I've seen this idea tossed around by various people, there must be a full thread for it somewhere. If someone can find it, I would be more than happy to link it and move this idea to the 'other threads' section, below.

The thread is here: http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=127194

I agree with all of these suggestions.

The reason I came to this thread however, was for #1: lineage links.

I'm surprised this hasn't been implemented yet.

It is extremely frustrating to have to search for each offered dragon to verify that their lineage is correct.

It would be a simple matter of linking the egg/hatchling image to the lineage page or adding a separate lineage link.

...Please? :3

EDIT: I noticed that we now have view links for dragons listed for transfer.

Would it be possible to get the same feature for dragons listed for trading?

Edited by miladyz

I think it would be helpful if you got a trade offer you would get a notification at the top of the page (home page and your scroll), It would look like this:

http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k593/t...3/Dragcave1.png

And

http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k593/t...3/Dragcave3.png

Or if you were adopting out:

http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k593/t...3/Dragcave2.png

And

http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k593/t...3/Dragcave4.png

Do you think it would take up too much space to code in?

Edited by tomboy3603

Oooo, I really like this. It would be most helpful instead of having to navigate to your teleport page.

Duplicate or not, I want this. ._ . Its frustrating to go to that page every 5-10 mins to see if there were any changes or not... Why not just make it so that we get SOME notification of a change/new action?