bbik

Teleport Organization/Usability Improvements

Would anyone else like the option of adding a short note to a successful teleport? Nothing huge, it wouldn't need a massive character limit. Just a box where you could write something like "Thanks very much for the hatchling!" or something. Entirely optional, of course. It' s just that right now the process seems a little, umm, cold, and if possible I thought it would be nice to have the opportunity to say a grateful word or two to the other person. Of course, it might not *be* possible, but that's a different matter!

Would anyone else like the option of adding a short note to a successful teleport? Nothing huge, it wouldn't need a massive character limit. Just a box where you could write something like "Thanks very much for the hatchling!" or something. Entirely optional, of course. It' s just that right now the process seems a little, umm, cold, and if possible I thought it would be nice to have the opportunity to say a grateful word or two to the other person. Of course, it might not *be* possible, but that's a different matter!

The trouble with this is that people will misuse it. There are a lot of users on this site who don't want other players to have the ability to communicate with them, especially not custom messages.

The trouble with this is that people will misuse it. There are a lot of users on this site who don't want other players to have the ability to communicate with them, especially not custom messages.

I did consider this, actually. I just kind of assumed that if a message could *only* be sent with a successful (and presumably mutually satisfactory) trade, why would anyone want to bad-mouth? Though perhaps a "Don't send me any messages" option could be available too.

Users who use teleport are normally already communicating with people they're trading with (or have a way, too), so I don't see much of a need for a function like that. It is however different than a lot of note functions, like to add a note to babies you drop to the AP or to randomly contact any scroll you wanted. I think a lot of us who object to the two above wouldn't necessary object to this kind of note. :3

Users who use teleport are normally already communicating with people they're trading with (or have a way, too), so I don't see much of a need for a function like that. It is however different than a lot of note functions, like to add a note to babies you drop to the AP or to randomly contact any scroll you wanted. I think a lot of us who object to the two above wouldn't necessary object to this kind of note. :3

I agree that usually there's some communication between trade partners, but not always. If someone has a two-way trade link posted and I make an offer, they can just accept with absolutely no other communication on either side. I just did this myself, actually, with a trade link I'd posted. It so happened that the offer I accepted was from someone I know from the forums and I toyed with the idea of sending them a PM on here to say thanks, but that seems somehow more intrusive than a short note to go along with the trade saying "Cheers for the trade!" Perhaps it could pop up at the top of the scroll like the sickness warning does, but disappear the next time the page is refreshed? I 'unno...

Frankly, if a personalised note would be considered too much, even just an automated one might be a nice touch. Plus it would give people who don't sort all their eggs and hatchies at the top some notice that they'd made a successful trade.

1. YES PLEASE!

2. Would be more logical, but I don't really care that much.

3. Most logical to me would be the order I made the offers in. But any other logical order will do for me.

4. Would be nice but again no priority for me.

5. If no link, then yes. Otherwise not necessary.

I'll reply to the others that matter to me in their dedicated threads smile.gif

Supporting 1-5, A (but not the 'maybe' option), C, and D (though it'd still be nice if it still said that you were locked).

Yes! I'd love to see view/lineage links in trade offers. It'd be so helpful in deciding if I want to accept a trade or what to offer.

I'd also really like to see some sort of id on the dragons I'm trading. I was making a trade today and had multiples of one breed of dragon and had to make sure I was clicking on the dragon I wanted to trade and not the dragon I really didn't want to trade. Codes on the trading list maybe?

Yes! I'd love to see view/lineage links in trade offers.

I support this idea also. I find it annoying having to copy/paste the trade dragon code into the lineage page to see what is what.

I support pretty much all of what's been said, especially the ability to view the lineages directly (don't take me wrong, the way it is now is working fo me just fine so far, but this way it would be much more convenient) and the ability to decline the offer. Although I think the 'maybe' option seems kind of uselees - just not declining is a 'maybe'.

I completely agree with everything mentioned in this thread. Especially the suggestions to have a reject/considering option for transfers, as well as a messaging one. It's also a great idea to show all offers, regardless of if you're blocked. I didn't even realise you couldn't at the moment. I could have been getting offers this whole time that I didn't even know about. blink.gif

I think this thread has covered every issue relating to teleport.

I myself get annoyed that you cannot simply click on the egg icon to view if it is indeed a Cb or the lineage you want.

Having a message to reject a trade - and a message saying your trade has been rejected would be great instead of having them sitting there while you wait for the right offer, or tat you are wondering if they ever will accept the offer while they wait.

Viewing offers even when you are blocked and only getting the message about being blocked when you try to accept would be much more user friendly.

1. Links for teleport-eligible and offered dragons

Yes, please! I always check to be sure the right dragon got offered, and having to copy/paste codes in and out of urls (which, as AP trading tells us, is a loophole we are not supposed to exploit) to be sure I'm not the victim of a scam or of a mistake makes me feel like I'm cheating and/or not trusting my trading partners as well as I should. It should be possible to confirm the offers are what they're supposed to be without 'hacking'.

4. Time remaining for teleport-eligible dragons

Always useful, especially if there's no way to click on the eggs and identify which is which, then we could at least know which of our eggs we're teleporting away.

5. Gender of teleport-eligible and offered dragons

same as b4

A. Reject/Decline option; "Maybe" option

Oh please yes! I always feel bad about letting offers I know I'm not going to take just sit there while I wait for other offers; I often take an offer that's not quite what I want for the sake of expediency.

B. Messaging system

not fussed about this, but if there's going to be an in-game messaging system I'd like to see it usable for setting up trades in the first place, because there's not much point in a separate way to contact trading partners if you're already communicating with them via IRC or the forums, which you have to do in order to trade.

Edited by Sadako

Hello everyone!

Teleport definitely makes things a lot easier for trading, but there are still a few tiny things with it that I think might be improved to make it all the easier/more useful. X'D

First of all--I'd love it if, on the teleport page, you could click on the image of whatever egg/hatchling is being offered and be taken to that dragon's specific page. It's a bit of a pain when every time I'm looking at a trade offer, I have to copy the offer's code, then go set up a view page on my own and dump the code in in order to see what it is I'm looking at. A quick image link would streamline this more. smile.gif

Secondly, I noticed today that a teleport link I'd set up for one of my eggs expired when it hatched. Now, I haven't had this happen before, so I'm not sure if it's just I had teleport going for too long or if it was the result of them hatching <___< If it's the first, then obviously disregard this, but if it's the latter, I think teleport should stay until either the user cancels or accepts a trade or the baby grows up. I mean, it's not as if you can cheat anyone--anyone going to use the teleport link can easily see what stage the dragon's in before they decide to accept or not. If you offered someone an egg but it's hatched by the time the person looks at the link, they can easily decide whether they want a possibly uninfluenced dragon or enjoy the speedier growing time a hatchling offers.

So yah, not big deals, but quick little improvements that I think would work nice. smile.gif

Secondly, I noticed today that a teleport link I'd set up for one of my eggs expired when it hatched. Now, I haven't had this happen before, so I'm not sure if it's just I had teleport going for too long or if it was the result of them hatching <___< If it's the first, then obviously disregard this, but if it's the latter, I think teleport should stay until either the user cancels or accepts a trade or the baby grows up. I mean, it's not as if you can cheat anyone--anyone going to use the teleport link can easily see what stage the dragon's in before they decide to accept or not. If you offered someone an egg but it's hatched by the time the person looks at the link, they can easily decide whether they want a possibly uninfluenced dragon or enjoy the speedier growing time a hatchling offers.

Teleport does indeed always expire when an egg hatches; then you have to set up a new link.

I quote all that is proposed in the OP, specially the chance to click eggs that are being traded to see their page and check if we are exchanging the correct eggs, I'm really bored of copying codes sad.gif

And move the code box to the bottom... it could seem pointless but, for people (like me laugh.gif) that run to add dragons and then submit the trade forgetting about the password is really useful!

It would be very helpful if dragons listed for trade/transfer, and even those which are eligible for a trade/transfer, would link to either their /view/ or /lineage/ pages.  Most trades involve a dragon being of a specific lineage (whether CB, PB, inbred, whatever), or with a specific time remaining, or meeting other equally specific details, so it would be nice to be able to check that directly, rather than typing in the code.

I second that! laugh.gif

It always bothers me when I get offers that I cannot check each dragon's lineage by just clicking it. Instead, I have to do a lot of complicated things until I get to know the lineage of the offered dragons.

Adding a link to each dragon's lineage on the teleport page surely wouldn't be hard work. wink.gif

It would be very helpful if dragons listed for trade/transfer, and even those which are eligible for a trade/transfer, would link to either their /view/ or /lineage/ pages. Most trades involve a dragon being of a specific lineage (whether CB, PB, inbred, whatever), or with a specific time remaining, or meeting other equally specific details, so it would be nice to be able to check that directly, rather than typing in the code.

This is very much an issue.

It would be very easy to fix.

I fail at search, I can't find the other thread where I posted a suggestion.

It was about the chance to pick the offered eggs/hatchies on a teleport. Say you posted a two way link and you get an offer of more than one thing... you could choose which one you want to accept. Same for gifts or one way transfers.

I Support all of them but especially no.1 suggestion since I just got cheated ><

If you got cheated it's your fault for blindly accepting the offer without double-checking the dragons being offered to you.

When you view an offer made on a trade, the dragon's codes are right there on the page - there is nothing to stop you copying those codes and putting them in a lineage viewer (or lineage URL) to make sure you are getting what you are supposed to get.