bbik

Teleport Organization/Usability Improvements

I want this as well. It's infuriating to see so many people shoot out 'no lineage link here! biggrin.gif' and then make me manually check. Although I don't really trade all that much anymore. 8p

This would be great. A lot of times I send the lineage link along with the gift or trade so people know what they are getting but it would be easier to to have to c&p.

i agree. it is a bit of a hassle having to copy and paste...

I am definitely 100% for this! I don't do a whole lot of trading, but when I do I find it very frustrating to have to copy and paste the code to find out what I am being offered!

It is even helpful with gifts. Just the other day I got a PM from someone who had an egg for me. I had signed up on a list for an offspring, but forgot. I was not sure why I was getting the PM until I checked for the lineage. I always send a link to the egg lineage when I send out a PM like that, but not everyone does. It would be nice to be able to check it out more easily!

100% agreed. Although, I think it should be the code that links, not the picture. How many people will know to click on a picture? Just add a lineage link to the code and you can clearly see it's a link.

Actually in gifts you can check it, you just click on the picture xd.png

I have absolutely no idea why you can't do the same thing in trades...

I just tried it with two dragons i'm gifting and you can't, Snowytoshi. Are you talking about Gifting/Trading on the forum?

Woah, that's weird. It doesn't link to a lineage, but it does to the dragon's page itself. I never noticed that. And yes, it is weird that it would be that way with gifts but not with trades. o_0

*blinks* I was pretty sure I gave my support for a thread like this but this one only has one page which my post is obviously missing from. Dup? :P

Anyways, I've said it in the past threads but I definitely support this idea. ^^ Always irksome to go through a list and copy the codes and write up a new url to paste them behind to check. Especially for those people who have multiple things in a single trade and my copy and paste shortcuts are like "WHY? ;__;"

So yeah, support. =P

That's what I meant- oops unsure.gif

I wish TJ would pop in and tell us why it is like it is...

*blinks* I was pretty sure I gave my support for a thread like this but this one only has one page which my post is obviously missing from. Dup? tongue.gif

It might have been this one - Teleport Organization/Usability. There was a whole list in there of things that could improve the teleport process. I'd be interested in seeing a number of them happening, including the addition of links, which always seems to be supported.

It might have been this one - Teleport Organization/Usability.  There was a whole list in there of things that could improve the teleport process.  I'd be interested in seeing a number of them happening, including the addition of links, which always seems to be supported.

That thread is from just over a year ago.

Why hasn't this issue been rectified if it was brought up more than a year ago?

What is different this time? I'm guessing (unfortunately for us all), that this time is no different and it will go un-noticed until: one year later when somebody decides to bring the issue up again and the uneventful cycle continues.

How to keep users interested in DC? Maybe start by listening to users requests to genuinely making the site easier to use, thus creating a more enjoyable experience.

How to keep users interested in DC? Maybe start by listening to users requests to genuinely making the site easier to use, thus creating a more enjoyable experience.

This, just this. So many times I see threads like this and time and again they are ignored or some excuse is made.

This.

I DO understand that TJ is a busy person, and has a life, and all that fun stuff.

But I've run both sites and game servers before, and I have a life as well. Part of what makes a site successful, and part of the responsibility of owning a site, is jumping on what the users want, when they want it. Not years later, when you happen to get around to it.

I don't mean to sound ungrateful to what TJ has already done. He has done alot.png, and some of what he does leaves me scratching my head and thinking "..How the dickens did he pull that off?".

But honestly, I've thought this several times before: DC could evolve a lot faster.

That thread is from just over a year ago.

Why hasn't this issue been rectified if it was brought up more than a year ago?

Well, that's definitely a question I couldn't begin to answer. lol

I would assume that there's probably some kind of prioritizing that goes on of what needs to be done and when it needs to be implemented, but I have no idea what it's based on or how it works, so I don't know exactly how mad to be at things. laugh.gif

What I wouldn't mind seeing is another news thread about upcoming features. I think that lets people feel heard, gives us something to look forward to, and lets us move on to discussing other aspects of the site for which we might have suggestions.

It might have been this one - Teleport Organization/Usability.  There was a whole list in there of things that could improve the teleport process.  I'd be interested in seeing a number of them happening, including the addition of links, which always seems to be supported.

Thank you.

Merging this with the other thread since this has been suggested already.

Also, the topic is improving the use of teleport, and not how long it takes a desired feature to be implemented. Please stay on topic.

Thank you.

(And I accidentally borked the title. Going to see about getting that fixed. oops.)

There, that's better!

Edited by LadyLyzar