Wookieinmashoo

Thank you Dragoncave

Dragoncave was the first online society site that I had ever joined. When I first began everyone was very nice and helpful.

RPing in Dragoncave has also helped me become a better writer, and it taught me the importance of proper grammar. Had it not been for Dragcave, who knows, I might be using "leet speak" right now...

The general discussion boards have also harbored many interesting conversations and topics for me. From them I've been able to develop my views and opinions on things such as abortion, politics, and marriage rights.

I'm sure that there's more... but for now, that's it. Al I can say is, thank you Dragoncave!

um... my previous post in here was deleted, I'm not sure why!

To summarize it: I've learned that people can be really generous and kind to each other in an online forum, in a way I don't normally see on the internet; I've learned that even strangers online can have a civil debate that doesn't devolve into random flaming; I've met lots of very cool people; I've learned that I can, in fact, really love a collecting game if it has great art; and I've gotten interested enough that I'm starting to try and teach myself how to sprite. I'm an artist already, but with ink and watercolor, so it's really fun to try and stretch my skill set!

DC has helped me with using proper English instead of chat speak. I am sure I've learned some new words, collocations and phrases. Oh and I've learned how to use IRC.

On the other hand I've met a lot of rude, fake and arrogant people. Which shouldn't really surprise me because the Internet is like that in general, a huge anonymous world well hidden behind the screen. So DC has taught me being more careful about who do I trust.

I've not really learned anything,nor have I made any friends. dry.gif

But then,I'm a social recluse who goes on hiatuses all the time.

It's nice you guys have,of course. wink.gif

Edited by Cookie

I almost forgot about this thread. This site taught me how to sprite too and that I was never meant to be a sprite artist. It did help tat the sprites helped me practice for other things.

Also yeah...I noticed quite a few posts got deleted. I don't care if people have negative things to say, I just don't want to see posts get deleted.

I have only been on for a little bit, but it's interesting knowing other peoples views that I wouldn't normally hear. My Dad has influenced my opinions, yet I feel I have heard different views, which could change my mind.

DC is the first, and only, forum I've joined. I used to lurk around on Gaia's forums, but people were such jerks to each other that I avoided the forums altogether.

...You don't run into jerks her as often as you would've on Gaia or even in RL. And that's pretty awesome, imo, because people here are a community and not just strangers.

DITTO THAT. I used to be on Gaia -- I was one of the 'oldbies' who signed up very early, and I used to hang out with my college friends there. But it got very big very fast, and the demographic now seems to be very young and reeeeally anime-heavy (I know it's always been anime-esque, but still)... anyway, once I got involved in DC and saw how a forum can run smoothly and enjoyably, I've never looked back!

What have I learned? Well, I know that I definitely developed some patience on Dragon cave. happy.gif My grammar has slight improved, and I've had my opinions and knowledge increased here in general discussion. smile.gif

DC is the first, and only, forum I've joined. I used to lurk around on Gaia's forums, but people were such jerks to each other that I avoided the forums altogether. Until I wanted to know what was up with DC changing and saw people talking about Teleport in the Trading threads. I was all... What? 'Lo and behold, Magi's gained Teleport and I couldn't resist trading to get things I had a hard time getting myself. Then I started with my Agarics in the Dragon Requests and eventually wandered to other places. That's pretty much how I got into DC, and I'm getting into more and more after meeting some of the wonderful people on here. You don't run into jerks her as often as you would've on Gaia or even in RL. And that's pretty awesome, imo, because people here are a community and not just strangers.

I think this is a pretty common feeling with a first forum. The first forum I really joined was much, much smaller, in 1997 or '98, though I'd fumbled around with old Prodigy boards in high school. I've got a lot of fond memories and feelings for that board and I think I always will.

I don't think I'll ever find another forum like it, though some have come close. I've made some life-long friends from other forums I joined, many whom I have met, though I never really felt the same about the forums. That's probably why I don't see DC's forum the way some do; it's not my first forum, or my second, or my third, not even my fourth. I like it here, else I'd obviously not spend so much time here, and I like and respect a good many of the people, but it's not my 'home' the way Shera's Kitchen was.

ive learned a lot about art, especially by looking at all our beautiful art threads and dragon requests! its really fun ^^

hmm, well for one thing, there are actually really nice and cool people on the internet.(something i doubted before i found DC)

and really, this is a really nice and tight-knit community, i would even go so far as to call it a family.

and one of the things it tought me, is how to role play better, and without action brackets, which has in turn, helped my writing become much better. (mentiong that, i should start writing again)

just in general, it changed my mind on some subjects, i wouldn't give up DC for anything. =3

i just love it here (even if i do disapear often)

-hugs everyone-

I learned how to sprite here, with the help of all the awesome people who lurk in DR and OW. <3

I think this forum has also taught me how to interact better IRL to an extent.

I've also been exposed to a wide and varied range of opinions, which is nice, because when I joined this forum back in June '10 I was still in HS and wasn't able to really discuss important, pertinent issues like abortion or gay marriage. This is probably the main reason I have to thank the forum for, because the exposure is nice, and without a TV here at uni I miss a lot of important news updates on these important issues so the links people post are always informative and helpful. happy.gif

It's also nice to be able to talk to people from around the world, too - we have a very diverse community here. c:

This forum has helped me by making me think of how to say things so people can understand what I mean. I'm easily confused, so being able to write here helps that.

The entire game has taught me patience, strategy - how to get what I want wink.gif and how to make my plans work out.

I've met people from all over the world and learned that some can be trusted and some can't, just like anywhere else. I've learned there are kind people everywhere. I've learned that age doesn't matter if people are nice.

It's also made me realize fun can be found in simple things and that TJ09 didn't know what he was starting when he started this game on a rainy day so long ago.

It's also a good thing that we're all different. The world would be boring if we were all alike. I am happy that we all feel connected enough we can talk about deep subjects, like gender identity or being gay, or opinions of abortion, or how we feel about the world situation or anything else without fear of what others think.

I'm glad you are here, no matter who you are.

Edited by yosofine

I don't know about 'learned' but I've met many amazing people here, of all ages, and even been fortunate enough to meet some of them in real life!

I second this, minus the in real life part. I'd like to though.

this forum is a lot stable then the other ones.. but that I mean that it is properly moderated and rules are obeyed. Teen hut is an example of an unstable forum.. don't go there

I too, have met some pretty polite and well mannered people. this has been a very enjoyable forum

Hmm, I've only been on here for a day, but I've definitely learned how nice people are on here and have expanded my liking of dragons...

I've learned how to be polite and friendly while remaining impersonal and maintaining a purely professional relationship.

I learned the word hiatus.

Edited by Dauntingale

This forum got me into spriting. I like to draw when I have free time, and I'm good enough when it comes to dead nature. But up, till now, I could never draw good face, hands or feet. DC teached me that there is much more to art then simple drawing and coloring.

It teached me how to hold my own in a discussion. I found Das Sporking through this place - an awesome LJ community, and place where I learned to read with actual reading comprehension.

And it's just nice to know that such close forums exist.

I learned about anatomies, more about shading, and group work. I learned what triggers are, certain things about abortion, and have learned about several important newspaper articles before I actually read them in the newspapers.

Finally, one of the most important lessons to me... I learned how not to come off as a complete censorkip.gif*bag.

Also I learned about Project Nyoka and that site is like 1000 times cooler so see you losers later! cool.gif *speeds off in Ferrari*

heh

I learned about anatomies, more about shading, and group work.

That. I cross-reference all the time with anatomy for animals and people now.

also people complain a lot oh wait I already knew that

I learned a lot about spriting and reptile anatomy, which I'm thankful for as I'm usually too busy to make em'.

I learned a lot about decency and not spoiling things as well.

This is probably the first forum where I actually post, reply to people, and don't get a heart attack when I receive a PM. That's actually a better condition than my social life in reality. :B And of course, I find it amazing how generous this community is. I should really give back more, though.

Also, I've improved my English A LOT. At first through descriptions on the site itself, and now through forums.

I had a life once...I thank dragcave for taking that away dry.gif

I have actually learned a lot though, just an example is I learned a bit more about the zodiacs^^

I want to say 'Thank you Dragoncave' for everything over the past few years. Thank you for creating virtual-adopt-a-pet site catering to one of my most highly favorite mystical creatures: Dragons. Thank you for finding many nice people on the forum and those who were/are very kind. I even started drawing a dragon for the upcoming Halloween that I'd like to suggest. Just thank you so much.