Wookieinmashoo

Thank you Dragoncave

I was just on the Aven forums when it made me realize I wouldn't have know about the place if it wasn't for the dragoncave forums. I may have found the site eventually, but for me I am glad it was sooner than later.

This forum seems to have a variety of people and a variety of topics come up. I have learned a lot from reading in the general discussion area and most importantly learned quite a bit about myself.

I learned about Aspergers and how to possibly identify it. I haven't been tested yet myself, but it's still helpful to know. I learned what asexuality was and how it has relieved so many questions for me. I learned about more about transgendered peoples and found that learning more about the subject has helped me to understand more about genders in general. I learned about other subjects that people don't normal discuss openly, such as various religions and the otherkin identity.

It may just be the forum to a simple pet site, but I feel that the things I learn here will last a lifetime. It's strange how little pixel dragons have come to mean so much to me.

So...what have you learned? Do you feel you are a different person and discriminate less? have you read anything here that has changed your life?

I've had a lot of great discussions in the GD section. The abortion topic is definately an interesting read, as well as the Global Warming discussion. Both have made me really think deep about certain issues, and I'm glad for the chance at enlightenment. I've also learned a lot about animals and problems that can arise, as well as a lot about computers and technology.

Thank you, Dragon Cave. smile.gif

Edited by HollyTheColliegirl

I wouldn't say that dragon cave has been exactly life changing, but I will say that it has impacted my life positively. Everyone on this forum is helpful, and are generally good natured. This forum has also given me interesting people to talk to about breeding, lineage projects, and things of that sort, it gave me a new reason to play this game and made it fresh.

The gay marriage and abortion threads totally changed my views on those topics. Now I'm ferociously pro-choice and for gay marriage. Those topics also made me incredibly thankful to be living in Canada.

I don't know about 'learned' but I've met many amazing people here, of all ages, and even been fortunate enough to meet some of them in real life!

*gives you a hug*

dragoncave opened a lot up for me too, not in the same way but in other's

thanks to dragon requests i've been able to learn more anatomy and even how to pixel along with many great people to help me get to where i stand

another site called roliana has added me to their pixeling crew and i now get paid for my pixel work and that is again thanks to this forum and the people in it

The forums didn't really impact on me in my Dragon Cave experience, but the sprites did.

Before I learned about Dragon Cave, the only thing I did with sprites was fusions, and they weren't really that good, but one day my friend introduced me to Dragon Cave, and I noticed that the dragons were made out of sprites. My friend told me that you can submit dragons here, and I then started making sprites from scratch, and I felt like I had a good spriting skill from my past experience with fusions.

In short, Dragon Cave has opened me up to spriting and even introduced me to new ways of drawing dragons, improving my descriptive writing skill (when describing dragons) and really gave me a fun experience seeing my first two dragons hatch, get their genders, and grow to adults. Man, was it fun to see a full grown mint and albino on my scroll!

Thank you, Dragon Cave, for opening me up to the art of spriting. :3

Oh god yes. If it weren't for these forums, it would have been a trainwreck when I realized I was gay. The GD topics have taught me a lot and led to me reconsidering a lot of my views. I've also met some awesome people here. <3

My grammar and spelling has improved. :B

I still have terrible grammar but at least it's improved...a little. tongue.gif

The discussion threads here really influenced and reinforced many of my views. I was pro-choice and for gay marriage before coming here, but I felt rather alone in that view.

(I'm still too shy to post, though, heh. Forever a lurker)

You can meet lots of interesting people that's for sure, I just started here myself recently and so far everyone has been kind and generous. Thank you very much!

The gay marriage and abortion threads totally changed my views on those topics. Now I'm ferociously pro-choice and for gay marriage. Those topics also made me incredibly thankful to be living in Canada.

I was before, but I too am glad to be Canadian (and British) - though British is getting iffy now... I have been glad to see others praise Canada here.

I have also learned some very useful modding techniques - especially in the way of de-fusing flaming - which I use on other forums, even though I am not a mod on any. Thanks to many mods here; I think they will know who they are.

So...what have you learned? Do you feel you are a different person and discriminate less? have you read anything here that has changed your life?

There was being linked to Aven.

I did have to leave for a while a year or so ago due to GD being filled with opinions that gave me the impression that the userbase would be glad if people like me didn't exist, but I'm more secure in myself now and users who feel that way can stuff it.

I used to be a bad writer. I feel i really improved, thanks to DCF. Also, a lot of my points of view changed and i learned to step in other people's shoes before judging them. I also feel the forum has helped me make a lot of friends that discussions can be held with that you don't have in real life. My dragon drawings have improved to! And most importantly, i realized this forum has helped me mature and become more open to topics i wouldn't be before.

Thank you Dragoncave! :3

The forum helps me lurk and understand more people from different walks of life. I may not agree, but I can certainly attempt to understand even a sliver of what they're going through. For a recluse who gets very little human interaction normally, this is quite helpful in overcoming my general repulsion of humanity.

I agree that this forum, especially the general discussion area, is a great place to expand your views, if not change them, and to learn how to be more accepting of people with different opinions, sexual orientation and whatever else comes up. (Not saying I'm perfect, I still can be a bit intense at times, but I'm learning. Really, I am. wink.gif )

Like some others, DC also introduced me to spriting. (Not that I'm anywhere near good yet, but, again, I'm learning. Plus, I have fun.)

So, yes, DC definitely has some positive influences on me. biggrin.gif

Artwork, support in life, awesome friends... DC has taught me so much!

I'll focus on the art. Before I joined DC, I had no idea wtf anatomy was. I didn't know what color theory was, had no clue about shading/lightsources, went :D? when the proposition of 'lines' was brought up, heck, I didn't even know what pixel art was. Now, I take my time drawing. Now, I can give crits and redline artists that even I admire, who are generally better than I am (IMO) - which amazes me, haha. I'm even In Cave!

From a different artistic perspective, coding. When I joined here, I had a basic grasp of codes and web design. TJ, you've taught me half of what I know; both from talking to you, bugging incessantly like the annoying, irritating little person I can be, an looking at your beautiful websites. I owe you and this site so much.

Thank you so much, DC <3

I haven't really learned anything incredible or had an epiphany about my beliefs, as arrogant as that may sound. However, It's been educational on certain social trends that I was not previously familiar with. For example, I had no idea how popular being transgender was before the DC forums. It's also interesting to hear different sides of a debate that doesn't include outside pressures. I don't think a face-to-face discussion on abortion-- with folks from both sides-- would be nearly as civil and factual as it is here. In the very least, you don't have to worry about being physically punished for what you say =p

In addition, the DC forums led me to a couple other places that I've come to enjoy, such as Nyoka and this other place... It also gave me a slight nudge into spriting, so thanks DC forums.

I've learned to spell words and massively expanded my vocabulary :3

I defintley am more open to other's views on things. It's easier to accept difficult things now because of the tight-knit community on here.

In addition, the DC forums led me to a couple other places that I've come to enjoy, such as Nyoka and this other place... It also gave me a slight nudge into spriting, so thanks DC forums.

yey.

DC led me to make Project Nyoka so thanks I guess. o3o

I've definitely met some amazing people (fuzzbucket, Kestra, etc...) and I feel that it's helped my English writing skills. I also learned to be more polite as a whole I guess. I used to be a really fiery debater tongue.gif but this forum has a very tight-knit feel to it that I don't want to do that. Even with people whom I disagree with (philpot comes to mind).

About the game-it taught me that I'm a selfish, collective person tongue.gif just kidding, I just get very jealous when I miss a CB metallic...but then again who wouldn't. I also feel sad that I never got to collect Frills or Bright Pinks.

Well, I guess I learned to sprite. And I learned to be more social, if this counts as socializing. alot.png

I don't think I have learned anything extremely major, but I've met a lot of wonderful and generous people here. It has also been interesting to learn about different lifestyles and cultures people have.

All my spriting expertise was a result of this website. Of course I've also learned a hell of a lot about dragons, and now know that dragons are not restricted to the basic figures seen in mythology (Cheese dragon FTW xd.png).

I believe learning how to sprite was what made me find this site, but it was so long ago....

Edited by Ashywolf