Mantafire

Whats your favorite animal?

All of them, except reptiles, lol. If I became a shapeshifter I'd become a bird though, so I could fly wink.gif

I don't have a favorite animal, I have favorite members of specific clades

Terrestrial mammal: Wolf

Marine mammal: Humpback whale

Reptile: Gaboon viper

Bird: African sacred ibis

Bony fish: Oarfish

Bug: stick insects!

I don't have a problem, you have a problem

If I were pressed to choose just one favorite, I would go with ravens. I love those birds so much!

My favorite animal is a raven smile.gif

With mythical animal I'd have to go with either a dragon or phoenix smile.gif

Sheep. Hands down. There's nothing more adorable than a baby lamb.

Cats, or just felines in general, are the best thing ever! I once got to pet a lion cub in a zoo...

With mythical creatures, I'd have to go with a chimera.

Dogs. I love the strong emotional bond they form with their humans.

Dogs. I love the strong emotional bond they form with their humans.

I agree, I absolutely adore dogs wub.gif

I really do love all animals, but these are some favorites are wolves, dogs, and horses. (I currently have 7 dogs and a wonderful mare)

Others would be (fennec) foxes and lions (mainly lionesses)

Fantasy animals: Dragons (obviously), hippogrtphs/gryphons, and pegasi or unicorns. Plus elven elk or wargs if we wanna go farther xd.png

I love animals, but horses would have to be my favourite. They are all so unique, and the bond that forms between the person and their horse is irreplaceable. Also riding is heaps fun, especially jumping.

My favorite animal is a wolf (specifically arctic wolves as they have white fur), but my favorite fictional animal is a dragon (duh). biggrin.gif

Other than that, I guess I do like jellyfish and turtles~

Edited by Yandere_Blood18

Bantam chickens, specifically the d'Uccle. I've only owned Millie Fleur d'Uccles and mixes, but they're the sweetest pets I've ever had. <3

user posted image

We've had... four? And the three we hand-raised were easily the friendliest of our flock. D'Uccles are pretty noisy as far as chickens go, and tend to make a loud, scratchy noise. It can be annoying and is definitely more disruptive than other chicken noises (Brahmas in particular make a lovely soft coo). They aren't frequently broody, but are very dedicated when they are. They make very attentive mothers and are very easily tamed. Once tame, they stay affectionate for a long time.

Peanut, our oldest, is adorably timid (though she has a lot of trouble with the pecking order, poor thing) and very nervous. She's never pecked anyone and was a very neurotic mother. She was always clucking and pacing around her babies. During the winter, we couldn't go out for long periods of time to visit the chickens, so we didn't pet her for a few months. When spring came, though, I picked her up after at least four months of no real contact and she was content to sit in my lap and be petted. wub.gif

Milford was a d'Uccle rooster. Small, weak, and pretty seedy-looking as far as roosters go. He was just as sweet as Peanut, even if he was a bit prouder. Milford couldn't compete with any of the other, more aggressive roosters, and usually spent time hanging out with the rest of the hens. Other roosters will come at you to establish dominance. Milford would come to you for protection. <3

Almond was the least friendly of the bunch, but also the least socialized by humans. She really really likes baby chicks. Though friendly most of the time, if you try to take her eggs while she's broody, she'll hiss and snap at you. We finally let her hatch a clutch this year and she's been a wonderful mother so far. She's very protective of the chicks and never lets them out of her sight. Whereas our other hens would let the chicks fend for themselves, Almond would clear out areas where the babies could easily reach food and corn on the ground.

Though, uh, she very clearly expresses aggression/frustration. When we take the babies away to socialize them--or when they wander off on their own--she'll start pacing, squawking, and will occasionally give a hard peck to the other birds.

Goldielocks was as sweet as, if not nicer than, Peanut. Most birds, once they've had a chicken nurture them as a chick, see humans as predators instead of protectors. Despite being hatched and cared for by a hen, she was really eager to stick by people. Like Peanut, Goldie would sit on my lap contentedly for up to an hour at a time. Even at eight months old, she'd visit the hen who raised her at night. When Kiki (chicken mommy) let her, Goldie would even snuggle underneath her feathers like she'd done as a chick. When Kiki died, Goldie went around the coop looking for her every night for 2-4 days.

Sorry for my chicken rambling. xd.png I really like chickens. Some of this probably looks like projecting, and some of it probably is, but that doesn't change the fact that many chickens have very distinct personalities, and d'Uccles are one of the friendliest breeds I've seen.

I like cats and have two myself but I've always loved dogs just a little bit more. It's a shame that my mom won't let me have one anymore since we now live in a small condo. :c

Sugar gliders are pretty cool too. I hope to have my own someday and luckily it's easy to find a good place that sells them here. smile.gif

I love cats! They are so precious fluffballs and they are really beautiful animals too. I have two cats that are my dearest sweetie pies ever. Even though Alma tends to bite sometimes...

I also like deers a lot.

There are a lot of animals that I like, but my favorite is the Fox, they are so beautiful...

Well on first place, my favourite animal is: *drum rolls* ...... Llamas!!!!!

On second place, my favourite animals are: tigers and penguins

On third place: otters (when they sleep they hold hand so they don't drift from each other in the water)

I... I have so many favorite animals. To list them all would require a large list that I'm sure not everyone is up for.

Mainly though I love cats and reptiles. I want to collect and maybe even breed reptiles once I get a place of my own and a large enough place but for not I'd settle for my Kingsnake (or my queen snoot as I call her aside from Luna) and my cats. I want to try and get a lil ball python because oh ma gawd they are the most adorable thing ever and I want one to get like 5-6 feet so I can cuddle it. I really do. Anyways. Yeah.