ArynChris

The Holly Contest

For the new page: WIP runner up list, based on Xeyla's two lists.

I intend to go through the thread to find and verify other runner up winners shortly. I will add them to the list as soon as I do.

I'm not sure if some of the Christmas dragons offered are still available, but here's a bunch of quotes:

I have this Ribbondancer and This little darling available to a runnerup who doesn't have these holiday dragons yet.

A Nebula sibling of my Ribbon Dancer offspring, or maybe a sibling of this.

I can also breed my metallics (some nice lineages and some messy ones), tinsels, 2nd gen past event dragons (non-CB:  '09 Valentine and Yulebuck) except Heartseeker because that offspring is already spoken for.  I can also do 2nd gen PB of anything except gold (I can do silver, but you'll have to be very patient).

I'd say just check out my scroll and if you see anything you like, shoot me a PM.  smile.gif

Btw, I still didn't breed my christmas dragons yet, I can offer them as runner up prices as well. Just message me with the mate you want for them.

Yulebuck: http://dragcave.net/lineage/Z8OL

Snow Angel: http://dragcave.net/lineage/GN6U

Ribbon: http://dragcave.net/lineage/llKS

Winter Magi: http://dragcave.net/lineage/lDLDD

My best metallics are:

2nd gen gold (with a Christmas Magi): http://dragcave.net/lineage/oaNOc

4th gen gold (with Frills): http://dragcave.net/lineage/4rIW8

5th gen silver (with shadow walkers): http://dragcave.net/lineage/DSi3R

All of my Tinsels are listed in my profile.

Just PM if interested, and be available to pick up the egg as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Celis

Like I said earlier - I want every participiant that didn't get a Holly to have a prize - so I'm holding off breeding my xmas dragons (very nice lineages for Yules and SnowAngels - Ribbon Dancers/Winter Magis are both CB) - other choices are also fine, but if you want a particular Tinsel, that may take some time.  smile.gif  Same for metals.

I don't hunt right now, so I won't be catching any cb rares anytime soon.

A friend of mine that had no Tri-Horn Wyverns has taken my cb Tri-Horn, so that's outta the running.  My hollies are off limits (already bred one, the other is an egg that I won, so it's an egg right now).  My growing dragons are off limits.  Other than that - scroll's free to look through and choose a pair.  smile.gif

I still reserve the right to say nay (most likely will be due to the mate you chose for a particular dragon refused it a while ago).

But an IOU of any dragon pair on my scroll's offpspring except Lestrade's is also up for a runnerup prize.

I THINK this is all of them but I only went through the last few pages in the thread.

I'm still available to breed - just poke me. If you wanna a xmas dragon, then it'll have to be scheduled.

Otherwise, I can breed whatever (metals are not cooperative - and I doubt the tinsels will cooperate either) and drop link into your pm box.

Edited by simkim

I had to let the two holidays I posted earlier go - they were seriously ER material and there's no way I can hatch em and keep em on my scroll. I can breed almost anything as a prize with the exception of metallics and tinsels. Those are too fickle to guarantee anything from.

I do have a question if this will be something done again next Christmas. I have two Hollies, but the one that has more of a clean lineage shall be randomly gifted. The other is inbred, but a holly is a holly and I'd like to spread the joy to someone that has none.

I do have a question if this will be something done again next Christmas. I have two Hollies, but the one that has more of a clean lineage shall be randomly gifted. The other is inbred, but a holly is a holly and I'd like to spread the joy to someone that has none.

Like you said, a Holly is a Holly. We will accept all donations regardless of lineage. smile.gif

Edited by Pteprocks

Wiz, it is at your own discretion, but I suggest you move on to Kanaye, as she appears to be the next active, if ChicknThief does not respond soon.

Update: sanderj got the new Holly hatchling! smile.gif

Message is still unread and no new activity on their scroll so I'm moving on to Kanaye as suggested. I will also let SolarCat know what's going on with her Holly.

Edit: Message with link sent.

Edited by Wiz

I ended up without a computer between November 24th and December 24th, and thought the contest was done, and I had missed any chance. After doing a little reading tonight, I'm surprised to see my name on the runner-up List! Am I still eligible for a pretty little Holly?

Message is still unread and no new activity on their scroll so I'm moving on to Kanaye as suggested. I will also let SolarCat know what's going on with her Holly.

Edit: Message with link sent.

Delivered!

I ended up without a computer between November 24th and December 24th, and thought the contest was done, and I had missed any chance.  After doing a little reading tonight, I'm surprised to see my name on the runner-up List!  Am I still eligible for a pretty little Holly?

We have already distributed the Hollies. The runners-up will receive nice but non-Holly eggs as prizes. There is a list of offers for runner-up prizes near the top of this page. smile.gif

Delivered!

Yay! Thanks for holding it for us. If you hadn't, I don't think we could've gotten SolarCat's Holly to a winner! Thanks also to SolarCat of course for donating the Holly in the first place.

We have already distributed the Hollies. The runners-up will receive nice but non-Holly eggs as prizes. There is a list of offers for runner-up prizes near the top of this page. smile.gif

Thank you for letting me know! I'm at my limit for all the other Holiday dragons, but can breed runner-up prizes next year, with my CB and 2nd gen Gold x Ribbon Dancer pairs and my CB Silver X Winter Magi pair, since it seems to be a guarantee for finding them good homes. Congrats to all of this years Holly Winners! smile.gif

Fire-Ice has requested a pretty checker of pink and val09 from me - it's on the way to her now.

Will look like this. biggrin.gif

Edited: She has accepted it.

Edited by simkim

I can breed anything from my scroll apart from my second gen Tinsel who is tied up with an iou. Also not Solstice Gold, I've been trying to get a particular Gold out of him for years and when he finally produces that sucker is mine wink.gif

If anyone chooses metallics then I can't promise a speedy response but I'll keep trying until they produce.

Make sure you guys let me know of runner-up prizes you have planned so I can keep the spreadsheet updated! wink.gif

So, I guess you guys are doing this next year, too? That's the impression I got, from reading comments. Congrats to this year's winners and good luck to everyone who is doing this, next year.

Yes, very likely - keep an eye out during Feburary - by then, we'll know which cave blocker to go after (I'm asking coastal!!! since that gets so little movement!).

Make sure you guys let me know of runner-up prizes you have planned so I can keep the spreadsheet updated! wink.gif

dragongrrl has requested a 2nd gen Stripe with a Frill father so I'll be trying for that for her when my Stripe is of cooldown.

Edit: Thank you JaneMcAsh for supplying the green Stripe biggrin.gif

Edited by Wiz

dragongrrl has requested a 2nd gen Stripe with a Frill father so I'll be trying for that for her when my Stripe is of cooldown.

Edit: Thank you JaneMcAsh for supplying the green Stripe biggrin.gif

I just received Jane's pretty little egg from Wiz, and want to thank you both for your generosity. <3

I can breed anything from my scroll apart from my second gen Tinsel who is tied up with an iou. Also not Solstice Gold, I've been trying to get a particular Gold out of him for years and when he finally produces that sucker is mine wink.gif

If anyone chooses metallics then I can't promise a speedy response but I'll keep trying until they produce.

Can I have a Silver eggie as my runner up prize? Will not mind waiting. I've not have any on my scroll..... *blush*

Can I have a Silver eggie as my runner up prize? Will not mind waiting. I've not have any on my scroll..... *blush*

I tried all mine and they didn't produce. I'll try again next week unless someone else here manages you one in the meantime. smile.gif

6-8 hours I'll be able to breed mine and see if any silvers are to be given.

Sending you a PM now. I got extremely lucky with my silver/yulebuck pairing.

Finally completed the process of going through the thread and making sure every participant was counted, and completed the runner-up list.

I'm currently working on distributing a couple prizes I've taken responsibility for, and when that's finished, I'll make sure all the runners-up are contacted and told to choose from the donations in the thread. I'll also try to get in touch with the inactive winners, whom I have for the moment moved to the bottom of the spreadsheet.