ArynChris

The Holly Contest

I am in the same position.

I am checking periodically, but I will be unavailable on the 26th so will need to know who I am breeding for by Christmas.

We should have all of the prizes allocated by late tonight or tomorrow, since we only have two of the winners left who haven't posted in the thread.

Karobb: I don't know if you've PM'ed Kukuru or are just waiting for her to post in the thread, but if you haven't, I suggest you PM her.

I did pm them. Does anyone know how long a teleport will hold a holly egg if you already have 2 hollies on your scroll?

It will be held for 24 hours.

It will be held for 24 hours.

It's for the length of the life of the egg. At least that's how it's behaving on my Yulebuck teleport and I have two Yulebucks on my scroll.

Wow, I can't believe I placed at all!

I really like Beastrider's, but it looks like some people ahead of me still have to choose.

Lavaedra has elected to take Beastrider's egg, so please select from among Goslander's, Nyda's, and SolarCat's.

Since Sunsteps88 is passing along on the Holly she would have won, has anyone notified ChicknThief and sanderj that they will qualify for a Holly once Ioma has chosen hers? Or let celesteon, Kanaye, Firstborn Dragon, Fire-Ice, Tivuli, jollymad, Velvet Paw, and any of the others know that they are eligible for runner up prizes?

I agree, the intent of my list was not to begin the breeding, I was trying to further along the selection process among the winners so the breeding could take place sooner, but not until everything was confirmed.

Yup sorry I misunderstood. smile.gif

Since Sunsteps88 is passing along on the Holly she would have won, has anyone notified ChicknThief and sanderj that they will qualify for a Holly once Ioma has chosen hers? Or let celesteon, Kanaye, Firstborn Dragon, Fire-Ice, Tivuli, jollymad, Velvet Paw, and any of the others know that they are eligible for runner up prizes?

I was going to notify ChicknThief as soon as Ioma chose a Holly, and sanderj will get whatever Holly the others don't choose since it's the last one-- the breeder can just PM them directly. As for the runner up prizes, I was holding them in lesser priority as they can be bred after the holidays (after all, many of the runners up may be locked with holiday eggs.) I think Xeyla shared this opinion. Moreover, it's not just the people you listed that are eligible for runner-up prizes. Since so many are being donated to the contest I doubt anyone who participated will go home with nothing.

Lavaedra has elected to take Beastrider's egg, so please select from among Goslander's, Nyda's, and SolarCat's.

No problem!

Goslander, hands down. smile.gif

That's nice that the teleport links last longer than 24 hours. I was just repeating what I saw somewhere else. Maybe that was the case last year and it was changed for convenience.

Lavaedra contacted me and I bred my holly. I had two friends sitting at the AP hoping to catch one of the eggs that would be auto-abandoned, hoping to make someone else on the list happy but unfortunately my holly only bred the one egg for lavaedra. Glad, that I got at least that one egg.

The link has been sent to Lavaedra. Hope she will be able to pick up the egg soon, the forums are very laggy.

Concerning the time an egg with a breed limit will be held in a transfer link:

If you look at the help function it is said, that the egg will be held for 24 hours. But one of my two winter magis produced an egg more than 45 hours ago and it is still on my scroll since the one I bred it for did not claim it yet. Maybe TJ09 changed that due to the laggy forums.

EDIT: The holly has been transfered onto Lavaedra.

Edited by Beastrider

Since I am next in line, though I know you all are confirming everyone before me. I'd like Xeyla's Holly, somethin about red,blue, and white tickles my fancy in color scheme. =3 Also it's quite beautiful.

Sorry I have not been on much yesterday, I'm having problems with the forum where I keep getting a 503 error. I posted my problem in the Help section, and a Mod decided to move my post to the trash area, instead of responding to it...without telling me... Nice, huh?

I sent a PM to Limn about my girl.

The link has been send to Lavaedra. Hope she will be able to pick up the egg soon, the forums are very laggy.

Indeed, very laggy(I got the 503 service unavailable message about 8 times trying to access the forums!), but I still got the egg. Thank you very much again, Beastrider and I had fun collecting Holly Contestants! Thanks again to all of you and especially ArynChris! ^^

Well I sent a lovely Holly egg off to Kukuru, so you can knock that one off the list.  Happy Holidays all and thanks for organizing this in Chirs's absence.

Coltzen has been in contact and confirmed his preference. He is next after Kukuru yes? Does this mean I can gift Coltzen the Holly now Kukuru has theirs? Just checking because it's been a mad busy day and I don't want to get it wrong because I'm tired. My brain it is not working :/

Edit: Okay, found the spreadsheet and can see I can indeed gift the egg to Coltzen. I'm going to influence and hatch it as requested (no point in it gaining 24 hours) then pass it on, so you can mark Coltzen as done biggrin.gif

Edited by Wiz

I'll jump in since it appears to be my turn in line and confirm that I still want Pteprocks' lovely.

Feel free tto shoot me a pm when the forums are behaving.

I'll make a list of my runner prizes later on when I'm on the desktop later.

Got the Holly over to TheLittlePurpleDragon successfully.

I'll PM ChicknThief now to have them choose between Nyda and SolarCat's Hollies, and the breeder they don't choose can just shoot their TP link over to sanderj and then the Holly distribution will be done. biggrin.gif

I just received my lovely egg from Goslander. biggrin.gif

Thank you, Goslander, and to everyone who helped organize the contest! I'm looking forward to donating an egg to next year's contest, if there is one.

Limn picked up her movie star eggy! Its code looks like Xmas, which I thought was awesome.

I just received my lovely egg from Goslander.  biggrin.gif

Thank you, Goslander, and to everyone who helped organize the contest!  I'm looking forward to donating an egg to next year's contest, if there is one.

Aye. I'd love to donate a holly if there's going to be a contest next year!

I know this is a bit late and all, but, just out of curiosity, did I get skipped due to inactivity or something? I had 288, updated in the thread. Links were here-- http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...132749&st=280

Not really bothered or anything, just was wondering if I got taken off the list for some unknown reason... Just curious.  smile.gif

I think we simply missed you while we were compiling the winner list.

I'll verify your total now. We've already distributed the Hollies past where you would've placed if your number is correct, but you can still pick from between Nyda's and SolarCat's, if that's okay, since ChicknThief still hasn't read my PM.

Edit: Yes, your total is verified as 288. Do you want either of the Hollies, and if so, which one?

Edited by Pteprocks

Update: The final Hollies have been allocated. Nyda's will go to Warrior57, and SolarCat's will go to ChicknThief.

Thank you all who participated, all who donated, ArynChris for starting the topic, and Xeyla and the others who helped after the contest ended!

As for runner up prizes, while I'm not entirely sure how to go about distributing them, I have a few things I may be able to donate. My metallics and Tinsels aren't much to look at, but I have some nice things...

I can breed 2nd gen PB's of many of the dragons released in 2010 and 2011, and also Royal Blues and Tri-Horns.

A Nebula sibling of my Ribbon Dancer offspring could be quite desirable.

Speaking of Nebulas, I also have a 2nd gen D'Hennegel which I can maybe breed with my CB for a PB stairstep. Or the CB could make 2nd gen Nebula X Rosebuds.

Maybe a sibling of this?

So runners up, if anything tickles your fancy, feel free to drop me a PM and I'll get right to breeding. smile.gif

I can also breed my metallics (some nice lineages and some messy ones), tinsels, 2nd gen past event dragons (non-CB: '09 Valentine and Yulebuck) except Heartseeker because that offspring is already spoken for. I can also do 2nd gen PB of anything except gold (I can do silver, but you'll have to be very patient).

I'd say just check out my scroll and if you see anything you like, shoot me a PM. smile.gif

Edited by Ioma