vamprah9588

Kenomi Battle School

((why are you guys posting when it's 4am for me? D:

@roki: 'cause Amaya is a spazz okay >.>

@Mousia: ah so, that was you who started watching me on dA >w<))

"Alrighty then~! Let's get started," she cheerily replied to Roki and returned to the field. "You can begin whenever you want~!"

She stood in place and waited for Roki to make a move to start the assessment. Her eyes watched the katanas that were at his hips, noticing how silent he was moving.

---

Kira nodded back at Vamp as he stood and left, relieved to see he wasn't going to die. It would have been troublesome if he did. She then left the room herself, figuring perhaps she should go back to the arena. There was some chaos going over at another building which was where Vamp headed for. She particularly didn't care to join in a petty squabble amongst some thick-headed idiots. That's what Vamp was for; he took care of those things. So, she headed back to the arena where she believed at least some of the students to be.

Ensis watched with calm observance as Sirin teleported and flitted about around her as she considered her options. She had numerous strategis for dealing with fast moving opponents, but for a teleporter, her only choice was to wait for her target to either tire out or come in close to attack before countering.

With that decision, Ensis took no action other than to assume a ready stance a lift six inches into the air.

((It was 4am when you were posting a few pages back, is what I meant, and you've been posting since.))

(Its 10:18 pm for me now...)

Sirin started to move slower. She knew that Ensis was banking on her slowing down.

Wolfe grunted as he hit the tree, then again as he felt Sarisha's weight fall on his lap. He pointed out that death didn't just...disappear, he didn't appreciate being thrown around like a ragdoll.

Too soon...

That was what came to Ensis's mind as Sirin slowed down. Barely any time had gone by and already she was slowing down, and it was far too quick of an slow down to be anything but a show unless it was a showy waste. Still Ensis would need to act eventually, else nothing would come of this.

Choosing her moment, Ensis waited till Sirin teleported to about twenty five feet away. In an instant of response, Ensis curled in her arm towards her body, the four floating blades on that side moving to stay parallel to her forearm. Just a fraction of a second later, she straightened her arm in a flash, pointing her hand at Sirin. When the motion finished, one of the blades aligned with her arm flew forward at Sirin with astounding speed.

((10:08 here now, but come friday I'll be home and back in mountain time))

(( 2 Daggers and a katana...))

Roki drew one dagger and threw it past her and embedded it in the ground after waving his hand over it (a enchantment). then transforms into a black panther and walks around amaya ready to pounce. He then dashed at her with a paw open armed with claws then jumped and attempted to slash at her.

((Can I just mention that you could have written more if you had explained why he waved his hand over the ground instead of simply saying 'an enchantment'?

I don't want you to feel that you need to edit, I'm just explaining.))

Sirin jolted backwards. She still didn't wants to attack the new student, though. A scrape opened up on her arm where an unknown blade had cut her. Sirin levitated in place, as if daring Ensue to attack her again.

Once the blade from Ensis's attack had flown by, the blade disappeared in a flash only to reappear at Ensis's side.

Physical dodge no teleportation... Why? Energy would be a requirement, but wouldn't it be better to avoid all together?

Confusion was running through Ensis's mind as she considered the above. She knew one should always dodge an attack completely unless the attack would deal no damage, and sometimes even then. The only reason one should take an attack was to counter it.

So why didn't Sirin teleport if she so obviously could?

Ensis didn't know but resumed attacking, resolving herself to gathering more information by analysis. Without hesitation. She launched the four blades on her right at Sirin keeping the left in reserve.

Sirin could feel the questions buzzing around in Ensis's mind. Sirin dodged again by moving to her right as the blades came in on her left side, or Ensis' right. She then rose higher, gaining speed as she climbed into the sky. Zzzzzzoom. A share of solid energy fwooshed past her, towards Ensis.

(Oh hai dere, vexx. Thanks for devwatching me...)

Edited by Mousia

Ensis took one look at the ball of energy coming at her and reacted. In an instant she was shooting forward and down, diving below the ball's trajectory. At the same time, the four blades she'd launched returned only to be launched again followed by the other four in a continuous stream. Any time one missed, it disappeared, reappeared by Ensis and launched again at Sirin.

((It's like trimming a bonsai! D:))

Edited by vamprah9588

((?

He already fired. It was in the same post that he threw Wolfe.))

Sirin lost her patience with the student, Ensis. She caught the impending blade with her hands, protected with gloves of energy. Shattering it from reality, she grinned. Lesson 1: Do not test an instructor's patience. Lesson 2:, Sirin boomed as she caught the next blade. Please try to minimize injury. Her wound healed swiftly as Sirin seeped her energy into it.

This is an instructor? She does not match what I expected...

Ensis thought quietly in response to Sirin's statements before responding. She was sure some response would come from her reply, after all she was following several examples of what had been given in her memory of things not to do in order to avoid angering someone.

And so she spoke.

"I apologize for the high level of danger, but outside of unarmed combat I am incapable of performing no lethal attacks. You were also the one who said not to worry about dying as well so long as the majority of the body remains intact. Also, I was not aware I was trying your patience, I believed that you were attempting to try mine in order to cause me to make a mistake."

And there it was the apology, rebuff, and accusation all rolled up in one nice, polite package.

Sirin suddenly snapped out of her daze, a usual occurance when she used her powers. You didn't need to apologize, that...um, persona comes out of me when I rely too much on my powers. Just... Sirin was still confused. Beware of me when I start speaking nonsense. I'm sorry. Sirin gulped, she was not fond of apologizing.

(after wolfe got shot)

Silence.

Ensis worked for several moments to process Sirin's statement before responding quietly.

"I believe I understand, would you like to continue or not though? I am ready to if you wish to do so."

(Owch. Thanks.)

Sarisha scrambled away from Wolf as quickly as she could. It was weird how calm he had stayed. She had half expected him to go into a rage, but he just sat there. 'Curious.' She thought.