Naughtrish

Way to trade!

What is your method to trade?  

128 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I usually read a few pages back until I post unless I look for something specific like a special lineage.

And I prefer trading through teleport than PM, it's so much easier and it always makes me feel bad when I have to say 'no' to someone who bothered to write me a PM.

The method in which I conduct my trading after posting my offer(s) and want(s) in the trading sub-threads is to play the waiting game. My egg(s)/hatchling(s) are placed on the incubator sites during the meantime and monitored not wanting them to die. Once they are entered in the hatcheries/nests go back to the sub-threads checking upon both new and previous posts to see if anyone is searching for what I have to offer. The chances of finding one meeting the same requirements is rare lately continue post my offer(s) and want(s) upon the following day. Often will visit the IRC channel to post there too.

I don't trade very often, only when I have something I don't need and I know a few others may want, like a CB Nebula or Red. I post something, maybe put them up on Eggs Around the World, and wait.

What I hate, is when people state, they will "BITE" if they get an offer other than what they specifically request for.

Ok, so you DON"T want a GW, or a Blue moonie, you ONLY want tinsels. That's fine. Go ahead and say, NO OTHER OFFERS, PLEASE.

And if you get someone offering a GW, or Moonie, just say no thanks and that's it.

To me, when you say "I BITE", its a veiled threat. And I've heard many people state in various forums they feel the same way. It comes off as antagonistic and off-putting. It makes one not want to trade with you, even if they do have what you want.

And threats are bullying. You are threatening to be mean and viscious to the person if they offer different.

Are you really like that? Are you really a mean bully? Why must there be a threat? I don't get it, I never will. This is a game, should be fun. You don't want a trade, fine, refuse it, say no thanks, or heck, just ignore it (although that's not much better in a different way).

I'd like to see it against the rules to state "I will Bite" in trades. I've already petitioned the mods and TJ to make that so.

Bottom line is, please, don't threaten in the trades, m'kay? Seriously not cool.

Peace.  smile.gif

Me too hate this people. It's not funny.

Education at first U.U

Like people not risponde at PMs. I don't know what you're thinking! Tell me no! Tell me something! I respond to ALL PM! mad.gif

I read several pages back looking for trades. What I'm most inclined to do, though, is post my trade with a corresponding link & instructions to PM offers that may be a little different from what I'm asking & wait... but even that doesn't seem to get me many offers. Even when I'm offering something really nice, my trades just seem to stagnate & get lost.

I'll continue posting my trade until it's taken or I end up keeping it.

I usually read two or three pages back to check if there's something I want (and can trade for rolleyes.gif ). I don't post really often myself, I'm more passive. But if I have something good, I make a post, of course.

I read several pages back looking for trades. What I'm most inclined to do, though, is post my trade with a corresponding link & instructions to PM offers that may be a little different from what I'm asking & wait... but even that doesn't seem to get me many offers. Even when I'm offering something really nice, my trades just seem to stagnate & get lost.

I'll continue posting my trade until it's taken or I end up keeping it.

So I'm not the only one... that's nice to know!

I usually find someone who does IOUs and trade that way, since I rarely get offers any other way.

Though sticking a big label in your signature does occasionally get offers.

I find CBs are generally much easier to trade than bred things. When I have a nice catch, I generally look through the last page or two of a couple of the busier threads and if I don't see anything I want, start a post of my own with a long list of (I hope) reasonable wants. I've had pretty good luck this way and think quick trading is an efficient system for swapping CBs, which have somewhat standardized values. If I don't know what something's worth, which is often as things have changed a lot since last time I was active, I ask first in the "questions about a trade" thread and can generally tell pretty quickly whether or not an offer is fair once I know what tier the egg is in.

With bred eggs (not counting prizes, which trade more like CB's IMO), I also try to find a potential trading partner before breeding. It's really hard to objectively define a fair trade with so many possibilities and I'd rather see what an individual player has on their wish list than try to read their mind.

The one thing I never put up for trade is word codes, even ones I wouldn't mind letting go of, as I know I place an inflated value on them compared to the rest of DC.

Edited by Ponie

Depends a lot on what I have and what I want...

If I caught something that I don't really need but don't mind keeping either, I post it and wait to see if I get something I like even better. If I don't get offers, that's fine, I'm keeping it then. But I don't spend much time on those trades.

If I caught something I don't intend to keep, I trade more actively. I sometimes put the trade link in my signature, post in the various trading threads at different times of the day, use the dragon market of EATW and sometimes pm people who state in their signature that they are looking for what I'm trading. I usually trade unbreedables I reflex-clicked like that, and I often accept a couple of hatchies in exchange then.

If I'm looking for something specific, I stalk the trading threads, catch and hatch trade fodder and pm people to see if they'll accept an IOU or if are interested what I currently have.

Usually I will check 4 pages if I haven't been checking on trading posts. If I have then I will just check until the last day ended to current time. If there are any deals I will offer up or breed. If I cannot and it interests me I usually offer an IOU. When I have something I want to trade off I usually post first and then look back. If someone has something I want and I have something they want I PM them saying I have mine on a trade link and would be interested.

I do not look back pages when I post up my trade. There's no need to and I'm usually confident I can get what I'm looking for my egg(s)/hatchling(s). smile.gif Mostly because I usually have PS at the end of my trades, which I feel help out A LOT.

I'm usually confident I can get what I'm looking for my egg(s)/hatchling(s). smile.gif Mostly because I usually have PS at the end of my trades, which I feel help out A LOT.

What does PS mean in this case?

What does PS mean in this case?

PS means post script. It's like an afterthought you have in actual letters. In this case after I list the haves/wants I tell them they can PM me, first offer first accept, etc. It's helped me by doing that smile.gif If you want to look through examples just click my profile and view my post history on trading threads and you'll see it usually every time I post in trading threads. xd.png

Usually I'm too lazy to go look for picture links and put dragons in teleports and everything, so I just look through trade posts and see if there's one I like. It also helps that nowadays I look for specific things so I just PM people directly when I get the trade fodder.

If it involves breeding something, I always PM the trader first, to check that the trade is still available.

I stopped bothering with trades a while ago.

People want Golds and Silvers and 2nd-gen prizes and other rares for EVERYTHING.

Not to mention even if I just wanted a genderswap for a hatchie or something, I was completely ignored.

Edited by Myra the Sark

I usually read through other posts first. I can't really create my own trades, though, because I get impatient and I keep checking my computer whenever I pass by it.

The dragonmarket on Eggs Around the World is a really good resource, too, but it's hard to try and negotiate with other users if they don't provide their forum usernames.

I stopped bothering with trades a while ago.

People want Golds and Silvers and 2nd-gen prizes and other rares for EVERYTHING.

Not to mention even if I just wanted a genderswap for a hatchie or something, I was completely ignored.

Yeah, that is true. I'm still a newb, so I don't really have many rares to barter with, and that's what most people want.

(Sorry for posting twice in a row)

Edited by Lily14130