Naughtrish

Way to trade!

What is your method to trade?  

128 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yep I am nosy smile.gif

I think the poll is pretty explanatory. Do you post and wait?

Do you read the threads to see if someone is offering something you want?

If so, how many pages back do you read?

Let's read about your secrets to find a good trade xd.png

PS: I fail at polls, so any suggestions are welcome.

It really depends. o3o If it's something desirable, like a CB black (and I know what I want for it), I'll look at what people are asking for it, and I always go 3-4 pages back.

But if it's something where I'm not looking for anything specific, like if I had a CB GW and wanted a random hatchling, then I'd just post and wait.

I use the Dragonmarket on Eggs Around the World rather than the forums, most of the time. I'm more likely to look for what others have for trade than to post my dragons and ask for offers. But if there's something I really want, I will put one or two of my dragons up for trade and wait for offers.

You asked for comments on the poll - I voted for what I do MOST - read the thread - but I also respond to PMs and also ask people who have things I want and offer to breed for them.

I usually read a couple pages back to see if there's anything I want, but if not then I'll make a post and wait for offers/PMs.

The Dragonmarket on Eggs Around the World looks interesting though, I'll definitely be using it more.

Used to be I'd actively look for trades, but after a while, being told that my stuff wasn't good enough got wearing so now I just post what I have, what I want, a trade link, and a request to not PM me and leave it at that.

I usually just look for all the current trade pages to see if they have anything I'd like to make an offer on.

Ooohh I had forgotten about Dragonmarket! Thanks Umbee for the reminder smile.gif

Well, moi... I read two or three pages back and if I don't find anything for my eggs, I post my trade.

I post on Eggs around the world too, and here, but only after reading the posts/pages that I haven't read yet to see if someones looking for what I have to trade. That way I don't open yet another post on an already busy thread and I can save a teleport. If there's nothing then I post. wink.gif

Sometimes if I don't have that much time on my hands, I post a trade with a teleport link and wait to get offers. I find I always get a lot more when I put a teleport link up, since most people seem to prefer that than PMing.

But if I have more time, I'll read back through a few pages of trades to see if there's anything that would suit me there. smile.gif

Usually I read a few pages back to see if there's anyone offering what I want. If not, I make my own post and wait, though I do check back to see if anything desirable comes up.

I post and wait... Which never seems to get me anywhere.

However, I really should go back and read the last couple pages because i'm sure there's good stuff in there. XD

All my trading is usually done with fellow members of the DragonAdopters forum. I never have much luck trading here. tongue.gif

But if I get something that I think might be worthwhile, I always stick a post in the Rare Trading Center here. I don't usually post direct Teleport links though, I prefer PM offers~

If I've got something I want to trade, I usually go on the IRC. I only use the trading threads if I want a gender trade.

I will check out trade threads first (even going several pages back,) and then post my trade if I don't see anything I like. I prefer to offer on, or post, the teleport link, but I don't mind PMs. PMs, although hard on me when I have to say no, give me more people to Glomp xd.png

Edited by CDM

I don't trade much anymore, but first I go to Eggs Around the World, and then I use Search. If I don't find a trade I like that way, I'll usually also go through the first page or so of all the trade threads. ^^

I prefer PMing people to posting (always with a teleport link) and waiting for offers since I feel like no one ever sees my posts. >_>

I read a few pages back, then I post my own post if I can't find anything. Generally I look for bloodswaps because those trades seem to work well. Other trades... eh...

I'm not usually looking for anything specific so I just write a post, add a trade link and give people a list of all kinds of things I'm interested in so they can offer the way they want. I trade mostly because I'm curious about what people offer. xd.png

I usually like to trade up (bundle my tradables for a better lined or CB dragon) or trade down (one of mine for many CB hatchlings from a choice of plenty) so I post what I have and post what I want and wait for a PM.

Sometimes, if I want a specific single dragon and I have an equally good egg/hatchling, I read back 3 pages to look for possible matches.

I read a few pages back, searching for anything that I want that asks for what I have before I post a trade of my own.

Sometimes I simply post my own trade, but so far that hasn't seemed to work very well for me, ^^;

I usually read one or two pages in trading threads and offer my eggs or hatchies. If I don't find any interesting trades, I post my offer and check my active transfers and forum from time to time.

When it comes to cross-checking prior to setting up my own trade, I read back 1 to 5 pages, depending on what I'm looking for. If I want something really specific, I tend to just post immediately.

Skim through the threads' first pages, and offer - if I don't find what I'm looking for, then post myself.

I like the two way trading system a lot. laugh.gif Glad they implemented it... I wouldn't trade nearly as much without it. AP trading was the bane of my life.

Edited by kleptomaniac

What I hate, is when people state, they will "BITE" if they get an offer other than what they specifically request for.

Ok, so you DON"T want a GW, or a Blue moonie, you ONLY want tinsels. That's fine. Go ahead and say, NO OTHER OFFERS, PLEASE.

And if you get someone offering a GW, or Moonie, just say no thanks and that's it.

To me, when you say "I BITE", its a veiled threat. And I've heard many people state in various forums they feel the same way. It comes off as antagonistic and off-putting. It makes one not want to trade with you, even if they do have what you want.

And threats are bullying. You are threatening to be mean and viscious to the person if they offer different.

Are you really like that? Are you really a mean bully? Why must there be a threat? I don't get it, I never will. This is a game, should be fun. You don't want a trade, fine, refuse it, say no thanks, or heck, just ignore it (although that's not much better in a different way).

I'd like to see it against the rules to state "I will Bite" in trades. I've already petitioned the mods and TJ to make that so.

Bottom line is, please, don't threaten in the trades, m'kay? Seriously not cool.

Peace. smile.gif

Edited by Riverwillows