kronosdragon

The Wings of the Changeling

The young winter dragoness managed to nod slowly and roll over onto her stomach. "I-it just...knocked the wind right out of m-me," she stammered, taking deep breaths. Groaning in pain, she attempted to stand. Already, a large bruise was forming on her side where the stone dragon's giant tail had struck her down. "Are you guys alright?" she asked, concerned.

Zarbeses had dealt with fire before, being a creature of the flames himself. His scales had grown thick through the ages from multiple burns throughout his life. They could withstand all but the hottest temperatures, and dragonfire was no problem for him. However, when the flames licked around his body, he flinched as his eyes were nearly burned out of their sockets. He growled and ducked his head against the torrent of dragonfire, digging his claws into the raw, exposed flesh. He took a deep breath and let loose his own barrage of flames, combating that which the Stone was unleashing upon him.

He roared before his breath ran out, panting as the flames engulfed him once again.

"Someone! Anyone! Now, while we have the chance! I'm old, I can't keep this up for long!"

He lashed his tail against the ground, leaving a deep groove in the upturned earth. He could only hold on for so long. If they didn't make a move now, they would have to flee with half the forest learning of their existence.

Lachrymossin spun around to face the new dragon. He bared his teeth and snarled, going on past knowledge that nearly every stranger he met wanted to do him harm.

"Greetings stranger! Would you like to fish with me?"

The ochredrake closed his mouth, hiding his teeth. He slowly stood to his full height and looked closely at the stranger that had addressed him. "Uh... sure, I guess. I don't think we'll find much. Everything is so scarce... but if you think that we'll find something, I'll go with you. I haven't had anything to eat in a while."

Dharsii nodded his head to Tyra when she asked him and Peri if they were alright. He then turned and saw the Stone and Red dragon exchanging flames, the Stone dragon screeched in pain as the Red's claws dug through the bare flesh of its now unprotected chest. It left off on its attack to squirm and writhe to try and get away from Zarbeses.

"Now's our chance!" Dharsii tried to charge at the Stone dragon but his bleeding and wounded back leg gave out again and he collapsed, cursing under his breath as he got back up.

"We're fine. Well, at least I am. Dharsii was flying around and everything earlier too, so I don't think he's doing that bad." Peri looked uncertainly at Dharsii. "Anyway, don't try to get up yet. That bruise looks really serious -"

"Someone! Anyone! Now, while we have the chance! I'm old, I can't keep this up for long!"

Peri turned to look, and winced at the sight. "Whoa. I guess that armor was sort of his skin too, huh." She watched as Dharsii tried to charge the monster, to no avail. "Maybe I should go. Yeah. There'll be plenty of time to help you two after we win this." Peri took a deep breath. She looked at Dharsii meaningfully, as if she were about to say something, then sighed. She turned and ran towards the writhing Stone, digging her claws into the red mass beneath its broken armor.

Edited by Fractional Pi Day

When the ochredrake bared his teeth, Ther'ull lowered his grey-crested head in a gesture that said he meant no harm. He would have to be careful around this stranger; dragons had been known to do crazy things as of late, due to the scarcity of food... and trust. When the other dragon closed his mouth, he assumed the message, that he wanted nothing more than a dragon to fish with, had gotten across . That, at least, was a start.

He walked confidently towards the stranger and stopped in front of him,

"Neither have I, but I have found that the water-dwelling population has not been effected as much by the darkness as the rest of us. If we search well, we should be able to find a fish or two." he said, turning around to walk towards the creek. "By the way, my name is Ther'ull. If you are willing, I would like to know your name as well." he threw back over his shoulder.

As usual, he was putting more trust into this stranger than he probably should, but he was usually a good judge of character and this new dragon seemed to lack Ill intent. Anyway, if worst came to worst, he could probably beat the smaller ochredrake in a fight.

((my iPod bumped me off the Internet right once I finished this post, so I had to re-write the entire thing. xd.png ))

Edited by Shapeshifting dragon Cyrus

Dharsii saw the look that Peri gave him before she rushed off towards the Stone dragon. What had that been for? Was she going to say something to him.? The Gray didn't know, but he couldn't fight like this either. He limped back over to Tyra and looped his neck under the dragoness's to try and help her stand.

The Stone dragon screamed in pain as both Peri and Zarbeses both dug into its exposed flesh. Blood spilled from the injuries they inflickted and the Stone floundred backwards, beating its wings and writhing to get away from them, nearly falling back ontop of the Black dragon on its back. The Stone slammed down on his side, lashing his tail and clawing wildly at his foes as he beat his wings and thrashed to try and get out of their grip. But his movements were weakening.

Peri clung on to the Stone dragon, wondering why he wasn't attacking them directly. Was it because he didn't want to risk hitting his own injury? In any case, Peri was glad of it, and dug her claws deeper into its exposed flesh. The Stone toppled backward and fell on his side, and Peri drew her paws out and righted herself. She realized that she was covered with the red, sticky blood of the other dragon, and made a face. Smaller prey didn't do that, either.

The Stone dragon thrashed even more, starting to claw at them frantically. Peri made a scared noise and took flight, hovering at a level that she hoped was out of the Stone's reach. He was definitely slowing down, but it wasn't much reassurance. "Zarbeses? We...we should probably..." Finish him off? Just run? She wasn't sure what she had been about to say.

The Winter Dragoness felt Dharsii slide his neck under hers, trying to help her stand. Feeling his effort, Tyra tried as hard as she could, finally rising to her feet. When she did, she felt the air coming back into her lungs and she breathed deeply. "Thanks, Dharsii," she told him, gratitude in her violet eyes. Hearing the screams of the mighty Stone, she turned and saw he was falling closer and closer to his demise. Deep in her heart, she felt a sort of pity for the Stone. All he was doing was trying to protect his home, his territory. She shook her head and looked away, grim faced.

Phayne jumped off the stone dragon's back, as it reared over. Getting squished under this massive brute was the last thing he wanted right now. He circled high above the fight looking for another opening.

"We have to finish him off soon!" he roared, "... before other unwanted guest's decide to join the party".

Phayne let loose a second torrent of green flames aimed towards the back of the stone dragon.

Lachrymossin followed Ther'ull warily to the creek, knowing that if push came to shove then he would be the loser. The green dragon crouched on the bank, his eyes panning for fish, be they minnows or bass. Nothing seen so far, perhaps if her dipped his head just below the surface? "My name is Lachrymossin, or Moss, if you prefer. I live in the Deserted Plains, but I want to start traveling now that rumors of a savior have circled my way. Well, not a rumor, a drunk, raving idea from a fortune teller." Moss took a breath and gently dipped his head below the surface of the water. He opened his eyes, the clear eyelid that protected them when flying covered his eye, protecting him underwater. Perhaps if he was still enough, fish would swim and pass him by, then he would grab them.