kronosdragon

The Wings of the Changeling

"Very well, Zarbeses. I shall accompany you to the North, and see with my very own eye's, that what you claim is true or not"

A splash caught his attention, as he watched Tyra dodge a surprise attack, the grey dragon had attempted to catch them off guard. Phayne watched as Sumara and Zerbeses attempted to detain him so as to not cause more trouble. Realizing that the two of them had this situation under control, Phayne walked into the river scouting the depths for more dragon's and in the process washing the dried mud of his scales. Seeing that there were no other dragon's below, Phayne resurfaced and walked out the river.

"This damned fool thought he could take the four of us by himself..."

Edited by TotallyDrow

Seeing that the dangerous Grey was surrounded by the Red and Royal Blue dragons, ther craned her neck as she examined her wounds. Luckily they were too deep but they still burned. Her blood turned her light blue scales a reddish purple and she winced at the pain.

Traveling to the river, she gently waded it to help clean and soothe the wounds. She watched as her blood flowed down the river until it dispersed completely. She glanced at the Black dragon as he too waded into the river and washed off the mud on his scales. She smiled a bit, finally seeing what he really looked like. Black dragons were so mysterious and always intrigued Tyra.

"So you come from the burning peat marshes...?" Tyra finally asked the Black dragon shyly.

Edited by Tyra-Ice

Dharsii hissed angerly as he missed the Winter dragon with his jaws. When the red and blue dragons stepped in things went from bad to worse. The blue dragon tried to knock him back with her tail. He brought his wing up to sheild himself and there was a loud smack as the tail and wing met.

He backed away, snarling and rattling his scales, his wings half spread to make himself seem larger. He then felt the pressure on his tail as the Red seized him by it. The grey turned his head to keep them both in his sight, still snarling and rattling his scales. He hissed and growled animalistically at the two larger dragons.

Hearing the Grey dragon make quite a fuss, Tyra turned to face him scowling. "What is your problem?! Why did you attack me? We weren't even close to attacking you! We were leaving your territory...!" she demanded, slowly walking out of the water. She cautiously crept closer to the Grey dragon but kept her distance. She once again examined her injuries and tried to keep pressure on them with one of her paws.

Edited by Tyra-Ice

"Let me handle this," Asoryll said, turning his attention back to the Grey.

"Hey now, stop acting like a cranky hatchling. What's all this about?"

Dharsii turned and glared at the Winter dragon when she came up to him and began questioning him. He hissed and rattled his scales. His sides heaved as he breathed in and out.

I knew I shouldn't have attacked them! Now they have me at their mercy.

He started to calm and his aggressive hisses and growls became more quiet. His eyes flicked from one dragon to the next, the angry fire burning in them changing to building fear. He ceased his struggling and posturing and lowered his head. His condition was not that of a well fed dragon. He was thin and looked like he might not have eaten for weeks. He was at the end of his line.

He spoke quietly, "Desperation..."

Asoryll kept a firm grasp on the Grey's tail. He thought for a moment in the temporary silence.

Well, many dragons are desperate these days...It takes a bold one to attempt an attack on four of us.

He then gave a grin.

"Perhaps we can help you..."

Edited by kronosdragon

Tyra's gentle face softened almost immediately as she was filled with compassion. It was just another dragon facing the horrible starvation that plagued the Dragon Lands. Turning around, she headed back into the river and dove under the rushing water. She soon resurfaced but this time, a silver, wriggling fish was trapped in her jaws as she climbed up the bank onto dry land. She cautiously walked to the Grey dragon and lay down the fish, nudging it towards him with her nose. She still kept her distance, however, still frightened by this stranger.

Beryl felt tail meet wing and she hissed as she turned around, glaring as she saw that Zarbeses had the dragon under control. She soon calmed down and shook herself, sighing as the threat seemed to pass. She walked up to the Gray Dragon and kept her distance, should he decide to lash out. She looked to the Red Dragon when he said they could help him.

"I don't get what you're saying," she said, tilting her head in confusion as she watched Zarbeses. She wondered what exactly his plan was. The Gray looked underfed so she knew it had to be that he was looking for a meal. She watched him cautiously for any movement that would tell of an attack.

((Hello there. I just got accepted and oh god I hope I don't screw this up utterly AAAAA. A little south of the bend in the river is technically still in the petrified forest, right? And if not, I guess I can always just say she approached them from the forest :T))

Peri walked through the petrified forest, her eyes darting nervously around. She had heard about the stone dragons and the shadow walkers that resided in this forest, but all she could see was trees. The trees would have been beautiful in any other context, really, but there was something about this forest that only made them add to the ominous atmosphere. Would she even be able to see a shadow walker amid these trees? Probably not. She shivered and sped up. Though she couldn’t quite tell, it must have been hours since she entered the forest. Was the dragon that she had heard about not here, after all? Or was she simply going the wrong way?

Suddenly, Peri heard a roar, followed by shouting. Oh no, what’s happening now? Someone’s… being attacked? Should I go help? Peri whimpered and looked around again. It didn’t sound much like shadow walkers, at least. Come on. Saving the world, remember? You weren’t getting anywhere in your search anyway. Peri trotted closer to the sound, uncertain.

Asoryll looked at the winter dragoness.

"Dragons that hunt together, survive together. Those who hunt alone in these times, starve alone."

He looked at the Grey, using his other paw to pull his hood back.

"Why do you think the Shadow Walkers have been banding together, recently? The same goes for the Vampires. They may not look it, but they are more cunning than they are given credit for."

He gave the Grey a smile.

"I'm looking for more dragons to bring together. Perhaps a dragon of storms would be useful to us."

Dharsii looked up at the larger red dragon, "How could you help me and why would you?"

He looked at them all distrustfully. His instincts told him that he had made a mistake in attacking them. He however was extremely hungry and when the Winter dragon threw the fish down in front of him he struggled to keep himself from launching himself at it.

He leaned in and sniffed the fish before tentativly scooping it up in his jaws and swallowing it. He looked at the Winter dragoness, thankfulness in his orange eyes. He shifted his weight uncomfortably waiting for what the other dragons would do.

Tyra's deep violet eyes seemed to say, "You're welcome," back to the Gray dragon. "No one should go hungry," she commented softly, "...what's your name?"

The Winter dragoness sat down slowly and twisted around so she could tend to her injured rump as she waited for the Gray dragon's answer. She frowned, seeing some of the scales had been ripped away, leaving her skin underneath vulnerable and bleeding. It would be difficult for her to cross the burning peat marsh with all the sand and heat since her wounds could get infected but if they stayed by the river, she would probably be ok.

Asoryll looked at the Grey dragon.

"Why not? What harm is there in helping another? True, we can't all trust everyone these days, but it's nice to have the security of a pack, rather than the danger of being alone. Besides, where we're going, we'll be able to get food. The mountains are the last place to get some real food. A few herds of mountain goats and their predators can still be found there, as well as elk and deer. Or, of course, you could stay in these woods, devoid of all life aside from thorny brambles and dragons who prey on their own kind."

He let the Grey's tail go, but kept an eye on him.

"We've shown no hostility toward you until you so savagely decided to attack us. Think of joining us as an apology with benefits," he said with a shrug.

Dharsii looked at the Winter dragoness as she spoke to him. He had to think for a while before answering. Partially to decide if he should give his name to them and partially just trying to remember it. It had been so long since he had heard it. The only thing he had ever heard from his mother.

"D-Dharsii." he stammered quietly, "My name is Dharsii."

When the red released his tail he yanked it away and leapt out of attack range of the other dragons, eyeing them distrustfully. His instincts had been honed to solitary life since he had hatched and he was having a hard time coping with believing other dragons would care about another.

He eyed the red carefully. After a long moment of silence he spoke, "Alright... I will join you." He still did not trust the other dragons but the promise of food was quite tempting.

The forest seemed to end suddenly, giving way to a field filled with clumps of yellow grass and moon roses. Peri flinched and took a step back, not expecting the sudden change. She could see a group of dragons in the field. They must have been the source of the noise. Well, it was quiet now, so the fight must be over.

Well, it couldn’t hurt. Peri stepped forward, approaching the group. “Um, hello,” she called out, trying to sound confident and nonthreatening at the same time. This proved incredibly hard in her nervous state, and her voice wobbled. “I’m looking for the dragon who was gathering a group for…” saving the world. That sounded so stupid now, somehow. “…a quest. Do you know…or, are you…?” She finished lamely.

Edited by Fractional Pi Day

Phayne pointed toward's Zarbeses as the Sunstone approached their group. "He is the one you are looking for..." he said, before walking away from the group and laying down in the field. He was still within hearing distance of the other's, but he was far enough that if anything were to occur he would not have to get involved.

Phayne glared at the grey dragon, "What a fool... what was he desperate for? Death?" he mused to himself. Phayne had often seen dragon's driven by desperation end up in situations that ended in the dragon getting severely injured or worse, killed.

"Dharsii...Interesting name. I am Zarbeses."

He smiled in an attempt to seem friendly. He heard the Black dragon mumbling and turned to look. He spotted a Sunstone dragon approaching them.

Well, this just keeps getting better and better...

"Hello young one."

He walked away from the Grey and approached the smaller dragon, still beaming.

"How can I help you?"

"Dharsii..." Tyra smiled as she repeated the name. Turning so she could face Zarbeses, Dharsii, and Beryl at the same time, she decided to give out her name. Besides, she would be recognized in the North when they go there anyway; she couldn't hide it for long. "My name is Tyra," she told them all, bowing her head a little.

Peri fidgeted. “Uh, hello. I heard the rumor about you and I really wanted to join your group. I, uh, traveled to the petrified forest to find you, but I guess the dragon I talked to was misinformed.” Peri chuckled awkwardly, then looked down at the moon roses. “I…Well, you probably know my reasons why. This war is really a terrible thing. I didn’t accept that it was really happening at first, and I didn’t do anything about it. I guess I’m trying to change that now.” There you go again, spilling your guts to a complete stranger. This habit's going to get you killed one day, Peri. Peri looked back up. “My name’s Perihelia. Please, allow me to help you in your quest.”

Asoryll let out a soft chuckle.

"We would be glad to have you. My name is Zarbeses. I'm sure the others will introduce-"

"My name is Tyra."

Zarbeses turned and looked at the Winter dragoness and smiled.

"Well, there's one for you. The Grey troublemaker is Dharsii, the Royal Blue is Sumara, and...er...I'm sorry, I don't think I caught the name of our mercenary."

Zarbeses turned to the Black.

"Do you have something you would like us to call you by?"

Beryl watched the scene calmly as the threat from the gray dragon dissipated. She stood stock still as she listened for anymore intruders, only to turn her head and see a young Sunstone walking towards them. She nodded her head in greeting but continued to stay silent. She was so used to it by now, that it came natural to her. She just observed the scene, watching the muscles and bodies of each dragon in turn, trying to see if any of the body movements were hostile.

She heard Zarbeses introduce her and she nodded her head once more to the Sunstone in greeting. Her eyes were in a relaxed narrowed position, as if she were falling asleep. In reality, it was a trick to lure any hostile dragons to show themselves. She stood up from her haunches and walked to the edge of the group, looking around and keeping an eye on the surroundings.

"Just call me Phayne" he grunted, before diverting his attention towards the direction of the North. It had been awhile since he last visited the frozen tundra's of the Northern territory, largely due to the ever growing hostility between both factions that inhabited the land's. This was not a journey that he was looking forward to, however the curiosity of knowing whether or not the stories were true were just too tempting for him to pass up. Edited by TotallyDrow

Peri grinned. This was going exceptionally well so far. “Thank you. Nice to meet you, everyone.” Zarbeses, Tyra, Sumara… what was the Grey’s name again? No, I’ll worry about that later. Peri looked around again. She hadn’t even seen half the types of dragons in her group here before. Her eyes paused on Sumara’s silver horns. Was she a Royal Blue? Wow.

Peri turned back to Zarbeses. “What will we be doing next?” She asked. “I heard you guys fighting about something when I was in the forest. If…if that’s done with now, are we going to move on soon?” Her tail swished back and forth excitedly.

"We're heading to the North to look for the first ancient tablet," Tyra replied, leaving Zarbeses to explain the rest. She noticed Phayne was crabby so she decided to venture over and talk to him. Cautiously, she approached the black dragon then sat down. "...are you alright? You seem...detached from the rest of the group," she asked quietly.