523ponygirl

Secret Hatchlings

Do you like this RP idea?  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Toni woke quietly and tiptoed out of the Night Cave. She didn't know who else could be using it. She then broke into a run and kept going until she hit a small clearing, something rare in the ravaged forest. She sighed and looked around at all the leaves and branches scattered about. This would drive Albus crazy, she thought, smiling. Toni cleared away a small spot for her to sit and check herself out. Well, I'm not injured. That's good, she thought, tail flicking back in forth as she thought. It struck the wet, dew-covered grass, making water splatter about. She shook herself out and spread her massive wings. They brushed the trees, making them rustle and shed even more debris into the clearing. Carefully, she folded them back. However, the tails were too long and just trailed behind her. With a sigh, she slowly started to return to the cave.

Chronos flew off, finding a nice place to stay for the night. She sat under a shady tree, fixing her wings. She then yawned. Laying down and falling asleep into a nightmare. She was used to that. Chronos had a new nightmare that night....

Alone in a forest. Humans surrounding. Captured. Hung by the wings with many other dragons. Her mother and father along with them, along with her brothers and sisters. She then noticed that this was all her family. No one else was there. Only her family. They burned her feathers, pinned her paws and legs. Scarred her badly. Made it so she couldn't heal herself. It was a dangerously new nightmare...and realistic.

She woke up, screaming. Stopping herself, she looked at her wings. No burnt feathers, she thought. She looked at herself in a nearby lake. No scars or possible wounds either. She sighed, knowing it was just a nightmare. She put a mint leaf on her tounge, settling down at he shaded tree again. She sat up straight, opened her eyes wide, and sat there, watching every movement.

{Um, who is Umbra? You have never mentioned this to me before, and what is all that stuff about her being free? Free from what? Also, this RP is falling apart, nobody is replying, that is partly my fault, but, personally I don't have any time for this RP. Also, UmbreWulf, I never said this was an advanced RP though, UmbreWulf, you are right about the grammar issues, we are all getting worse and worse at this. Our, once very active, and interesting RP has dwindled. If we keep this up, our RP that we have all worked so hard on to develop in our minds, could become nothing. I say we either, restart, which I feel we have done one too many times, or we pick up the pace. I think we could restart it, only halfway. Like all the hatchlings know each other and are dropped off beside the cave, or we could let The Secret Hatchlings of our grasp and be gone forever. Your opinions? Any other options?}

Shimmer

I slowly unsheathe, and sheathe, my long curved white claws. I am sitting beside a blazing pile of brush, with snow swirling around me. I feel like the Sky, the snow is my feelings and they are swirling around, forcing me to let them out of their cloudy, or in my case, brain, prison. A few flakes float softly down onto my long spiked purple tail and I sigh. I hunch over and moan something. The gently flurry of flakes and the icy chill of the wind brings unhappiness. I am a ice dragon, am I loosing my grip on reality? I barely have the strength to lift my wings, and my feet for that matter. It seems the snow is draining me. I blink my soft blue eyes and one single perfect tear slips down my cheeks and falls to the ground, melting the snow with it's warm, salty, liquidness. More tears follow, some from my bewilderedness, some from pain, of loosing family, some from the blinding wind, and some from my broken heart. That's it! I groggily lift my head up and stop my slow trudge through the snow. We are all broken! Like the cold earth before the snow comes to put a blanket over it's friend to help it rest and grow strong for the months to come. Lift my head, a new kind of fire in my eyes. I am Shimmer, member of the secret hatchlings. I shake the snow off my and my strength returns. It turns out that it was not the snow that sapped my strength, but my own self. I walk faster until I reach Luna. I offer her my wing as a temporary blanket from the wind and snow, and without waiting for an answer, I slide my wing over her back. She is a big Nebula Dragon. I look up, a warmth emits from my body, fire in my eyes, a rage in my step. I am out to get the world, all living things, for messing with my early life. I need my friends to do it.

((I say keep going as is. Sorry, but if you guys don't post, then I have nothing to build on! Umbra was just a one time not real dragon. Also, you wouldn't know about the being free part silly! Basically, she is now full grown and has the opportunity to leave if that is what she wants. Toni had gliding practice and could teach herself to fly. Of course, Shimmer doesn't know about the little 'meeting' between her and Umbra.))

Toni flinched as a snowflake collided with her eye. "I need some time alone," she mumbled, before spreading her new wings and lifting into a shaky flight. Gee, this flying thing is hard, she thought, almost spinning out of control due to an unexpected wind. She landed clumsily on a high cliff, about a mile or two away from the small cave she had once known as 'home'. The Thunder said I could be free. Is that what I really want? To be alone? Her gaze traveled slowly over the meadow that stretched out before her. Green tips of the grass poked out through the white blanket of snow. She heard the cry of a bird-of-prey somewhere out in the distance, but thought nothing of it. Her scarf whipped around in the wind, wrapping itself around her neck multiple times. Toni sighed in relief; the scarf felt nice.

Toni took a step closer to the edge of the snowy cliff. Her wings snapped open, tails flying like kites in the wind. A voice echoed through her head: her own. Maybe I can try to live life as a normal dragon. Maybe everything will be okay, she thought, a small tear sliding down her face. It shot through the snow like a bullet, leaving a hole in the otherwise-perfect blanket of whiteness. She took yet another step and prepared to spring off, but a small paw landed on her shoulder just as Toni was about to take off.

"Don't go. You friends need you," said a small voice. Toni whipped around to see Albus' shivering form standing behind her. Her gaze immediately softened. The look that the wind spirit gave her almost shattered her heart.

"You wouldn't know it, but they need you more than ever now. There are many dragons out there that would love to get their claws on your group. You wouldn't want that." With that, Albus dissolved into mist and disappeared.

Toni sighed. The wind spirit was right. If it is for the better of my friends, then I must forgive Shimmer and return to the Clan. She sailed out over the cliff and soared into the sky, holding her balance. Toni carefully turned and, with the help of a particularly fast wind, she soon landed in front of the cave. Thanks, Albus, she thought with a smile. Toni swept her rejuvenated gaze over the small territory. "There's work to be done," she said quietly, a small spark of determination jumping into her eyes. That spark burst into a raging flame, and her eyes glowed as confidence filled her from horns to tail-tip.

((Should we introduce the riders soon? :3))

((I should of made a rider...that would have been better. I'm thinking of one for Chronos.))

Chronos shifted. She spread her wings and started flying towards the cave, hoping she could teach them how to fly...and help heal a bit. She landed outside the cave, and roared. Chronos waited to be noticed, continuing to roar.

((I had been waiting for ponygirl to tell me if my character is approved or not. It seems that the OOC and PM was ignored...))

(I'm sorry, you were not ignored. My inbox is full. Could you please resend the PM? I'm sure your character would be accepted! And yes, about now is when we should introduce the riders. I will have shimmer bring back a girl or a boy or something. That Wilkins lead the human raid! Lolz! JK, they will find a orphanage and take a few children. If you do not get your human from the orphanage that shimmer finds, he or she will not be accepted. You don't have to make a form for the humans, just introduce them.)

((Hey Guys!

Sorry I have been away for so long! I was overburdened with school work. Can I have summary of what has happened so I can try to jump back in. Thanks!))

((Starless is going to stalk Shimmer when she goes....MWA HA HA!))

Starless Moon woke up, stretching her wings. She silently climbed a tree, and watched. She then saw a flash of white, and flew over to investigate. Starless found a White hatchling, and sat down. "Hello. I'm Starless. Whats your name?" She asked, scaring Chronos. "I'm Chronos...nice to meet you, Starless." She replied. Starless flew up, spinning, then dived down again. At the last moment, she turned, so she was flying just above the ground. She landed, looking at Chronos. "Nice to meet you too!" Starless smiled, then took off. Chronos just sat there, confused by her colors.

Starless flew around, seeming to dance with the wind. She finally landed near a river, and sat down. She cleaned her face, then leaned on a rock. She used her claw to 'draw' in the water, and fell asleep with her paw in the water.

Chronos sighed. That's one strange dragon. She thought. Chronos remembered all of the markings on her, and then another image popped into her mind. She's...a Royal Blue Dragon? No, she must be a Aqua Silver Water...Wait-that isn't even a Dragon! Could she be a ghost of a Dragon...? Chronos looked up. She sighed again, then continued look out.

SHIMMER

I flap my wings once and wobbly lift into the air, I shakily fly and leave the lake. I see a building and smell fear and terror, and strange two legged things, humans I think. I land and peek into the window. Three humans spot me and run outside. I flare up and they shrink back. One bold boy comes up to me and I peer at him. He touches my paw. I shake my head and growl softly, as he passes out. One of the humans breaks down and starts sobbing. I nose the young female. She stops crying and I lift her and the boy and another boy onto my back. They all clutch to my very tightly and I lift into flight. I arrive back at the camp and slide them off. The boy now has a purple and blue swirly mark on his hand, like a tattoo.

(I am controlling these three humans. Other dragons can still become their dragons though.)

Edited by 523ponygirl

Twinsal padded outside of the cave with the light gleaming onto her dull scales. Her eye and blinded recovering eye narrowed at Slimmer with the three humans on her back. S

A large growl rumbled though her lips and she spoke on the spot "they arn't welcome here. Taking humans away from their home isn't the wisest idea." She flicked her great tail. "You have any idea what is going to happen? There will be hundreds looking for them and would kill us just to get them back. Why would you- you just marked the boy?!" She flapped her wings while rearing onto her long legs, flapping wildly creating tiny sandstorms. Twinsal was shocked, she couldn't understand why Slimmer would do such a thing when she is caring for a clan that is already in danger.

Toni noticed Shimmer taking off and followed her. Immediately the scent of scared creatures collided with her nose. She noticed a building and began to spiral down towards it. This place did not seem right. It smelled strange and full of terror. She landed in a vast courtyard silently, looking around. Small footsteps found her ears and she looked over to see a creature running towards her, hands outstretched. "Wow, a real dragon!" it peeped, coming to a stop right in front of Toni. You are brave, small creature, she sent, looking over what she thought was called a 'human.' "I read books about dragons. They say that people ride them and they live together and stuff! A dragon rider's life is supposed to be amazing!" she continued, reaching out to touch one of her scales. A small spark jumped off her scale involuntarily. The human jumped back, surprised. "You have to understand something. Life is terrible here. The food is bad, it's cold, the people that watch us are mean! Please let me come with you dragon! Please!" she begged, tears beginning to drip down her face.

Toni was moved by the small human's tears. She willed the electricity bouncing about her scales to go away and stretched out a paw. The human climbed up and sat between her shoulders. Very well, human. I will take you to where I live. Please hold on tightly, she telepathed, beginning to flap her wings. She lifted into the sky and was soon airborn, soaring above the puffy clouds.

Victoria let out a small gasp as she was lifted into the sky. Her tangled blond hair flew out from behind her, waving like a flag. "Wow! This is so cool!" she yelled out, her voice lost in the wind. Clouds swirled around her, white as snow. She wrapped her fingers around one of the dragon's scales as it made a sharp turn. "Whooooooaaaa!" she cried out, hanging on tighter.

Toni soon found their camp and landed gently on the ground. Victoria, still shaken from the flight, stumbled as she dismounted the dragon. "You're a Thunder dragon!" she suddenly called out, remembering a book she had read about the creatures.

Whilst alone, Draco decided to past the time by sharpening up his hunting skills. He walked silently through the undergrowth waiting for the distinct sound of prey moving around nearby.

A bush shook, and Draco jumped out towards the sound. A small forest squirrel ran up a tree, a nut firmly in his mouth. It looked down at the grey dragon before running away through the branches. Draco sighed, and laid there under the tree. He felt calmer being alone, he had no worries and therefore his mind was free to wander as he watched the clouds float aimlessly through the blue sky. Back at the cave, there was always some form of trouble.... ugh... girls... always having to over complicate things and over react... on top of that he was the only guy!. He did not have any desire to return to the cave anytime soon. It was too much of a hassle being around all the others...

((Thanks a lot for ignoring me! Chronos has been roaring for a while, now!))

Chronos started roaring louder then ever, then growled at the dragons that just entered the cave. Am I a ghost? Really! Chronos started to believe that she was invisible to some, but visible to those who knew that she was real. Chronos seemed to puff up, and started hissing.

Starless saw the human that rode with Shimmer. She flapped her wings, diving near a river. She quickly dove in, watching a child play in the water. She slowly swam near, and the child spotted her. The girl, known as Rose, watched Starless with silver eyes. Starless swam under her, causing Rose to sit down. With small effort, Starless leaped into the air, carrying the child. Since Rose was a orphan, no one would be worried. Starless silently watched Shimmer fade into her cave, Rose by Starless's side.

((Info about Rose;

Rose was born with gray eyes, which was said to be a curse in their town. She was abandoned at five, and left. At this time, her eyes were a soft silver. She lived near a lake, the lake that was said to have the Aqua Silver Water dragon in it. At seven, she had met Starless. They were both afraid, and Starless flew away. But at nine, they met again, and Starless had chosen her as a rider. Both of them were almost the same as the other.))

Edited by seacatsmew

((I need a character who will be noticed.....or not.))

Edited by seacatsmew

((Umbre you havent told me why my character sheet wasnt accepted. You ignored my pm also >.>))

((Umbre isn't the host of this RP :3 ponygirl is, so try PMing her.))

((My character was accepted from PM. Now, I can start again.))

Zatinal flew up onto a branch. Now, why do I have to look like fog? he thought. Chronos looked up at him. "Niebla, what are you doing?" she asked. Zatinal sighed. Chronos was one of the dragons that could see Zatinal, but still called him Niebla. "Nothing, Chro," he replied. Zatinal flew to the river. He watched Starless and Rose, then flew back to Chronos. "I'm the invisible one. You're visible, Chro," he said, looking for some type of fruit. "I know, I know," she said, then sat down. Zatinal grabbed a Dragon Fruit. "This doesn't look that bad," he said, slicing it open. He ate a mouthful, then spit it out. Chronos jumped out of the way, and growled at Zatinal. "Niebla, that could have hit me!" "So?" "So?!?!" Chronos growled once more, then flew up beside Zatinal. She started chirping loudly. Zatinal laughed silently at Chronos and continued eating the Dragon Fruit.

Edited by seacatsmew