523ponygirl

Secret Hatchlings

Do you like this RP idea?  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Sterling saw Shimmer coming over and picked her head up. "Hi. I'm good." She trusted Shimmer but she didn't know what to think after that fight. She decided to confess her feelings to Shimmer. "Was that fight really caused by hunger? I trust you a lot, but that was very scary. I was watching from a bush and I was scared to come out. I thought you might try to do something to me even thought I didn't do anything. I wouldn't mind you being the leader, but I don't want to be involved in a fight like that."

Toni stalked into the cave, still silently fuming at Shimmer. Shimmer, I will remain. It would be in your best interest to treat me like an equal. Her tail flicked back and forth, a sign of her agitation. The message rang out in her mind as if she had been growling. Ictus disappeared in a puff of smoke, leaving behind the dusky gray spirit. "Hunger doesn't make you freeze the ones you thought were your friends," she spat as she walked by the Ice dragon. It might take a while before Toni would forgive Shimmer for the way she had wronged her. She decided to try to suck it up and act happy for the other hatchlings' sakes. Toni sighed and glanced over at Luna. I sure wish I had my wings. In time, dear. In time. Thanks. She walked over and rubbed Ictus's side affectionately. She loved all her spirit friends and would trust her life in their paws. She looked over and spotted Albus watching the other dragons. Revenge. A grin crept across her face as she snuck out of the cave and into the melting blanket of ice and snow. Picking up a lump of the cold stuff, she shaped it into a ball and limped back to the cave on three legs, icy cold projectile in other hand. "Hey, Albus!" The spirit turned around to face Toni, wondering what could be up. Yeah? "REVENGE!" she shouted hurling the snowball towards her face. Albus dodged with unnatural speed and watched the used-to-be snowball splatter against the cave wall and fall down. I'm afraid you'll have to try a little harder. Watch this. Albus shifted into dragon form and leaped out of the cave, aided by the wind. "This is how you get revenge the right way." She summoned the wind and picked up some snow, suspending it in the air with a 'blanket' of swirling wind. She stalked back into the cave, Toni following closely behind. Hey, Ventus! Ventus turned around and her eyes widened as she watched the snow hurdle towards her face at high speed. Catch! Ventus flinched as the snow hit her face and showered all over her body. Very, funny Albus. Total sarcasm. Dearest, you have to learn to lighten up and have fun. Ictus nuzzled her gently and winked at Toni and Albus. I guess you're right. Ventus brushed the snow off and looked at Albus mischievously. You know that now you're the victim, right! She laughed and floated away.

((Luna isn't that big yet, she is about the size of Shimmer (adults are much much bigger smile.gif ))

She crawled off of Shines back as they landed on the ground. "Helo Shimmer..." Luna growled and clinched her teeth showing her the sharpest grin she could. She walked over to the meat and began to eat some meat. It felt good on her emty stomach. "Draco do you feel okay?" Luna asked not having seen him but back when he was in a comma. Shine turned back into a spirit and hovered near her. He smiled being her size as a spirit and not nearly twice her size. "Toni do you want some deer meat?" Luna knawed at a deer leg and offered Toni another. "I won't treat her nice Shine, you know I'll watch her." "I know, I'd be a whole lot worse than you if someone tried to kill me and nearly did." "I only am tollerating being even near her for the sake of the others. We need to stay together to survive even if that means being near her..." "That's very bold of you, you know she didn't just freeze you out of hunger right?" "Oh yes, if that were true everything would be hit by commits and blown to pieces now" Luna glanced at a rock. Shine understood what she ment, if she was telling the truth it would have effected them all "do you.." Shine leaned over at the food. Luna raised a eyebrow and handed him a small piece of deer meat. He quickly flashed to a real dragon and took a bite. "I've never tasted food! this is good!" He grinned as he ate it and Luna giggled at him. "Your welcome" she giggled. "Thankyou" They both resumed eating.

Edited by Tari157

Shimmer smiled at Sterling, "No me going crazy was because of hunger, but me freezing everything was not becauseof hunger. I was mad and now im teying to make it up to everyone. Just wait tell tomorrow morning. There is going to be a huge suprise for everyone. I am going to need a lot of energy. Could you help me?" without waiting for an answer she walked up to luna. Shimmer smiled at Luna and gently toched her nose to Luna's side. "you need energy." she said. Shimmer was trying to mke it up to Luna. She breathed a blast of cold air in the cave, refreshing everybody in the cave. "If you have any wounds come to me." she said. She blew another blast of cold air, not doing anything. She just wanted it to be colder. Warn air floated in mixing with the cold air and made a little toranado. Shimmer shrunk back and shouted to Draco "Please make it stop! You have control if the weather!"

Edited by 523ponygirl

Luna carefully watched Shimmer "No thanks, I got enof after being nearly killed, then saved by a star, it kinda refueled my energy and made me grow.... Thanks though" she didn't dare trust her. She had only said two sentances to her (the rest she said outloud in the forrest and to shine) and Shimmer had froze her for it. She calmly maintained herself and walked away. She went to the edge of the cave and rolled a snowball with her paws. She put it in her mouth and shot it like she would a commit at Shine but it melted half of it as it flew. It hit him on the side of the neck and the tail of water and bits of snow following it spashed shortly after. He froze movement as he was eating and quickly became a spirit and then flew to the outside of the cave, he retured to being a dragon and shot a snowball at her. Luna retured a wet snowball and then Shine.. It contiued for a few minnets until they were both cold and Shine was soaked. He became a spirit and was no longer wet but Luna still was covered in snow. "Cheater... your supposed to have to suffer the aftermath of the snowball fight as well.." she giggled not realy being able to blame him. She shook herself of and walked over by Draco and let the warm air melt the snow on her.

Edited by Tari157

Sterling ran up to Shimmer, "Sure! What do you need help with? I am not sure I could be of much help. I mean, I am not as powerful as you guys, I don't have any wings yet, I don't really know what I can do!? But if you think of something for me to do, I would be glad to help you." She sighed and sat down on the cold floor next to Luna. "Hi." she said to Luna.

Shimmer

I smile at sterling. "Well, come out side!" I squeak. I am acting like a little hatchling again.

Luna smiled and the burst out laughing thinking of hos Shine just froze when she hit him with the first snowball. She walked over to him even though he was a spirit. "You didn't know what a snowball was did you? or food tasted like? havn't you been around for nearly 800 years?" Shine smiled "Yes but I was alone and so alone that I acted like a statue and remained in between the panes of reality and being a spirit so I sorta didn't exist. "

Edited by Tari157

Sterling stood up and turned to Luna. "Bye." She followed Shimmer out of the cave making sure to avoid the water dripping off the top of the cave. Soon she was outside. "What are we doing out her Shimmer? I can't wait to find out." Sterling started jumping up and down because she was so excited.

I can stop it! Ventus's shout rang out in everyone's minds. It is, after all, a wind thing. She danced around the little cyclone and put a paw on each side. It slowly but gradually faded away, leaving Ventus energized. I didn't make it, but the wind responds to your's truly around here. She smiled and went back over to Ictus, sitting down next to him.

"You say you.. need my help?" said Toni, looking at Shimmer with her head cocked. And... you really didn't mean to hurt us? Oh Shimmer, I'm so sorry for misunderstanding you! She wrapped her paws around the purple Ice, tears dripping down her face. "Could... could you ever forgive me?"

((You don't need colors, the first paragraph is about Ventus, the next one features Toni. 'Nuff said.))

Edited by UmbreWulf

Luna smiled "bye Sterling, be carefull" Luna worried about all of the hatchlings near Shimmer now but Shine smiled at her and floated by her "She'll be okay she dosn't have anything against her." Luna rolled her eyes up at Shine "Nether did she me, then I went and said two sentances and she tried to kill me." Shine returned a worried look "I'll go watch her and Shimmer, don't worry I wont show myself. They will never no I was there." "You be careful" Shine dissapeared through the air and left a bone chilling breeze. Thankyou Shine Luna thought as he dissapeared "be careful please" she wispered in her mind again.

None knew how truly hurt Luna was emotionally. She just wanted freedom instead she got a enemy that she worried would hurt those she cared about. She growled down deep in her throught. "Shimmer if I wanted to fight you... I would have fought you not have run away to let you be." She thought. She tried to justify her own mistakes. A tear rolled down her face that turned to a moonstone shattering on the ground. "I thought I could trust you, even if..I ran away from you and did do what I did. I never would have hurt you like you hurt me." Luna thought again and mummered unkowingly. She saw the rest leave exept draco and settled down on the other side of the cave in the corner.

Edited by Tari157

"I'm... fine, Just a little exhausted...." he responded. Draco's reluctance to stop the weather at shimmer's request was solely due to the fact that he did not trust himself anymore. He did not trust that what he willed his powers to do would work. What would happen if he lost control again? especially in his weakened condition. At this point Draco did not even think he would use his powers again...

"glad you feel okay" Luna stated from the other side of the cave. Her green wings in the shadows looked black. "The others left and followed Shimmer, they headed that way" Luna pointed with her nose. She told him about what happened but didn't try to persuade him to be on her side and only told him the details. "And when light surrounded me from a star that chose me, the light made me grow and stronger so I could survive." She walked into the light and showed how different she was. "This was I can defend myself." She smiled half way and then returned to her regular emotion. She clawed the cave floor and sparks flew from were her talons scratched the stone. She carved a image into the stone of a hatchling holding a moonstone. Then took one of her stone tears and placed the stone were the moonstone was in the picture. She carved her name next to it. The moonstone glowed and created a nightlight as the starlight hit it. She watched the light eliminate the ceiling of the cave. "looks like were underwater" She said as the light flicked in waves on the ceiling. She walked over to her corner of the cave and laid down and went to sleep.

((I think that this day has lasted long enof to move on to the next don't you think?))

(Luna is the only one speaking)

Draco listened as Luna recounted today's events to him. "I see, it seems I missed quite a bit of action today..."Personally Draco did not care who the leader was... as long as the clan benefited, whom the leader was did not matter to him. To Draco being the head of a clan was a frivolous thing, it would never be on his list of priorities.

Draco himself did not want to be a clan leader. Honestly he hated the thought of having to worry about all the politics involved with looking after a group of several others.

Draco watched as Luna created the nightlight from her stone tear...

Twinsal glided around in the air smoothly. She was keeping her distance from the hatchlings in flight so they wouldn't attack her on sight. The spitfire dragon rasied its claw and wiped its left eye. Not like she was crying, but a rock was thrown at it before and damaged it a little. She tried to open them to see around her and all she could see was blurriness on that eye while the other eye was perfectly fine.

Then she heard a loud call in the moutains. Twinsal gulped a little, she knew that it was her old pack which was calling for her and they didn't know that Kack was killed and was wondering why hadn't their messager come back yet. If she went back and explained what happened, they would kill her easily since she is greatly outnumbered or she would be tortured un till she told them were the hatchlings are then get killed later on. But if she managed to seek protection from the hatchlings... then maybe she could survine. But then she thought about what would happen in the furture. But if the hatchlings say no then she wouldn't have a chance of survining and would have to live as a loner and be running for her whole life.

It was a risky choice. If she got onto the wrong side of them then she wouldn't be there any more.

Luna watched the moonstones watery light dance across the cave floor then she saw somthing outside. She dashed to the edge of the cave and watched a large adult dragon glide by (Twinsle) She reconised it as the dragon that had been flying around earlier and noticed how one of her eyes was dammaged. She decided to once and for all understand what was happening. "I'll be back Draco, if you see a commit shoot outside and a explosion.. call the others" She grabbed a stone for protection. She held the stone in her claws and got out of site from the cave. She then put it in her mouth and ran to a tree next to the dragon. She climbed it as she slowly began to glow. She sat the stone on a branch, and dashed to the edge of the limb making her eye level with the dragon. "hey, who are you and what are you here for?" Luna wispered trying to keep herself consealed in the branches the best she could even though she was glowing. "I won't hurt you just tell me why your here." She clawed a branch out of her face and it broke and fell down fifty feet below and broke in peices when it hit the ground. "Hey, I can help you if you need help" Luna saw the sore around her eye and felt awfull for hitting her. "I'm sorry about your eye, at least it didn't have enof time to become a commit and..." Luna knew it would have killed the dragon but she was trying to be nice and didn't want to say she nearly killed her. "I wasn't aming at you, I just thought you were going to try and kill me again. But i can see now since you've yet to attack that your not. So why are you here do you need our help?" Luna tried to hide behind the leaves afraid of blinding the dragon's other eye and making her crash to the ground. "Land on a branch" Luna said hoping she would so she wouldn't have to worry about her crashing to the ground and she could just turn her head away. Luna moved back to the base of the tree and sat on a sturdy limb.

Shimmer

"Ok, I'm going to need everybody's help for this! Were going to make a night cave. Spirits, become real please!" Nala and Nora wished themselves to be real and sat beside shimmer. Nala was deep blue with white ice crystals all over her. Nora was crystal white with blue scales dotted randomly throughout her scales. "Venus, Albus, And Iceus. You three split up into shifts. Albus, can you take the first one? Guard the cave entrance. Nala, Nora, and Venus come with me. Sterling, Shine, Iceus go with Toni and put your powers together. We are going to make a cave that has all the stars in it. When you go in a light will flash and when you look up you can see the whole sky. On the floor will be in glowing lines the shapes of the contents. So we can see which stars we are looking at. On one of the sides the moon will be full and bright. The entrance will b magical so the cave will look normal. If we all combine our powers we can find a way to make this great! We can make night sounds always echo throughout the cave and it will be solid black, just like the real night. Let's go! But keep in down! Draco can know about it but Luna must not know until it's finsihed! Let's get to work! And everybody, I want to make a public apologiy, I am very sorry. I did attack Luna because I was mad. She made me mad. She can hold a grudge but I must say I Want to be forgiven. I want to start anew. Is this ok? My Apologies completely."

"Albus, never mind! Luna is in a tree, please become spirit and watch her, don't let yourself be seen! Thank you for all putting your efforts to help me! And note that everyone will be able to enjoy this cave, not just Luna!"

Sterling listened to Shimmer and then ran after her when she finished. "Shimmer? Sorry to bother you again. It's me, Sterling. I have a question! How am I supposed to help? I don't control weather, I am not a spirit, and I am definitely not as powerful as you guys. How am I supposed to help make this cave?" Sterling sat down on the ground behind Shimmer and waited for an answer.

Albus nodded and flew off, finding Luna quickly and making herself completely invisible and undetectable. I think we should talk mentally. Albus has Luna cut off from us, she can't hear us but Albus can. I got the glowing part. Ventus and Ictus shifted into dragons and Ventus trotted off to join Shimmer. I think I might be able to erode a cave into that hunk of rock over there, thought Ictus, pointing. He summoned a fierce rain and pounded the rock like a hurricane, with Toni assisting him. She had been given Albus's powers and slashed away at the rock mercilessly. The top needs to be enchanted so can see through it. Spirit magic, anyone? Also, the constellations need to be carved into the floor and light up when we see them. I have the lightning energy to do that. Good, but we need that sealed into the floor and light up when someone sees the constellation. Shimmer, is this what you want? An indent a few inches deep had been carved into the stone, but it would take a long time to make the size cave needed.

((Toni, Albus, Ventus, Ictus))

Twinsal watched the hatchling in surpise when it climbed up the tree without throwing anything else at her. The hatchling broke off a branch with its strong claws and it fell down a long way away and rested on another branch. The hatchling was speaking quiet fast that Twinsal almost didn't hear her. Maybe it was nerous to talk to an adult, enemy dragon?

Its first question was "hey, who are you and what are you here for? I won't hurt you just tell me why your here."It whispered. Twinsal had decided that she would answer the hatchling truthfully. "I'm Twinsal. I was sent here to spy on you and your friends but I killed my parnther to protect you guys."

"Hey, I can help you if you need help."

Twinsal couldn't believe her ears when she heard the hatchling say that, she didn't what to actully say without sounding hopeful or rude. Then she finally says "I do need help from you guys. But also you need my help. Your beening tracked down and its best for you guys to leave. My old pack will be hunting all of us down un till you are dead and they got their payback for me killing Kack."

"I'm sorry about your eye, at least it didn't have enough time to become a commit and... I wasn't aming at you, I just thought you were going to try and kill me again. But i can see now since you've yet to attack that your not. So why are you here do you need our help?".

Twinsal chuckled lowly and looked in the hatchlings eyes. "Like I said. You're being hunted down cause my pack fears you and I'm going to get killed for killing the black dragon which belonged to their clan."

Twinsal glided silently back to the ground after her heavy wings wanted to take a break. She wrapped her own body around the tree and climbed up like one of those asian dragons climbing a pillar or a rainforset snake climbing a tree intill she was just below the hatchling on the branch.

Luna climbed down the tree branch "then follow me, you can rest at the cave we are staying in. I will try to help you but we need to explain to the other hatchlings what happened" She jumped from limb to limb and at the last limb that was only a few feet of the ground jumped and glided steadily to the ground. "follow me" Luna lead her back to the cave and fell asleep as soon as she reached the cave. It had ben a long long day for her. She closed her eyes and drifted of to sleep. She had nightmares in her sleep and spoke of all her secrets. In her mind she was alone. She once even screamed as a beast attacked her but told herself this is a dream this is a dream im in control. She fought her mind again. Any feeling she had towards other dragons she talked in her sleep about. Her deepest secrets and worries.

She woke up early in the morning as she woke from a nightmare still talking and speaking of her secrets "Oh no," Luna thought as she wipped around relising everything she thought about she had spoke.

She turned and only saw Draco and Tinsle. Tinsle looked sound asleep and Luna didn't think Tinsle heard anything. (If tinsle wasn't there and didn't go to the cave just egnor this part that is purple) Draco looked pretty resfull but she wasn't sure is he heard anything. To Luna he never realy did look like he was asleep but it may just have been because to Luna it was hard to ever see what a gray dragon was thinking or doing or if they were peacfull or happy, and relied on what she felt wich luckely was very acurate to what they felt. Luna was in such a daze over speaking her secrets she couldn't think. "How long have I talked in my sleep? since I hatched?" Luna was afraid she always had done this but didn't know it had only started resently.

Edited by Tari157

Twinsal climbed back down and trotted after the hatchling, knowing that it will lead her to the hatchling's hidden cave. It wasn't long before they reached the cave. Twinsal studyed the area carefully and settled down without making any sudden movements to alert the other hatchlings. She had to crouch down a little to avoid hitting her head on the cave's roof. She muttered a low curse when she stabbed her own claw on a sharp rock and nearly tripped over. Twinsal layed down next to Luna, not sure were else to sleep and dropped her heavy eyelids over her eyes. Someone or something was disburbing her. She could hear the hatchling next to her muttering and speaking to itself. Twinsal was going to roll over and tell the hatchling to shut up then she heard it talking about something that she couldn't understand then it screamed. Making Twinsal jump and bang her head on the roof. "Ouch...!" she hissed lowly to herself and turned to the hatchling. It was lying down calmly and talking to itself lowly. Twinsal thought that the hatchling must had been awake all along in till she saw its eyes closed and her body relaxed, giving Twinsal a good idea that it was talking to itself while its sleeping. It was talking about what it felt for the other hatchlings and all its darkest secerts and then she heard her say something about a beast and carried on talking about how it felt about the others.

This is going to be a long night, she thought to herself as she pulled out two quiet big rocks and rested them on her ears so she wouldn't hear the hatchling talking to itself. She would had rather slept in a uncomfortable tree then lisen to a hatchling talk to itself all night.

A bright light shined onto her eyes. She opened them slowly and looked around the cave. There were some hatchlings staring at her and Luna. Twinsal groaned and tried to stand up to yawn. She hitted her head again. On the roof. Twinsal couldn't believe how she couldn't learnt from last night. She couldn't tell what emotions were on the hatchling's faces, they looked... well she couldn't tell.

"How long have I talked in my sleep? since I hatched?" asked the hatchling besides her.

"A long time," Twinsal repiled slowly towards her.

Edited by Tiffashy

Luna turned and saw Shine hovering above her "Shine how long have I talked in my sleep?" " I've never heard you do it before and Ive known you as long as youve been here" Luna figured she had just started recently and decided to try and figure out why. She walked out into the sun and it nearly blinded her from being in a cave so long. She kept her head low and walked a ways "Shine do you know why I talk in my sleep now?" "Proboly becuase your troubled, and you must have been screaming in your dreams loud enof that the words you were saying became real. What is troubleing you so much?" "Just this whole deal Shine, being left here and not knowing what is going to happen. But I've decided from now on I will never be that helpless little weak hatchling I was. I'm going to be strong, maybe thats all my mind was telling me that becuase of those monsters in my dreams attacking me I should be fighting back and taking charge. " Luna looked at herself "I'm strong now in real life" Luna stretched her wings "I'm going hunting do you want to come?" Luna then saw all the hatchlings and walked over to them "Whats going on?"

Albus jumped in front of Luna as a real dragon and blocked her. "Oh, sorry," she lied, backing away. "I'd be willing to go hunting with you if you would accept me." She winked at Shine, was he in on the project? Shine, we are making a secret constellation cave with Shimmer as her apolgy gift to Luna. You CANNOT tell her. Please try to to help me distract her for the time being. Please. Albus's blue eyes started to give off a brighter glow, reflecting her need for it to be kept secret.

((Albus is the only one in this :3))