Zovesta

Shoes?

Do you wear your shoes inside the house?  

178 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have some polar bear slippers for indoors but they have holes in - I did have an awesome pair of fluffy godzilla-claw style slippers, but then my boyfriend wore them for a bit, stretched them and made them (really) smelly - so they had to go in the bin. I'm still looking for replacements sad.gif

I tell my boyfriend off for wearing outdoor shoes inside because of the mud it brings in. He can't have slippers/indoor shoes because of the aformentioned smelly feet issue - but has compromised on thick slipper socks (which can at least go in the wash!)

I've started wearing shoes in the house more. Before that, I was a socks person. But, I now have that berber carpet. That stuff wears out socks fast! So I have some slippers etc. The other issue is, I have a cat. Finding fresh hairballs with your bare feet is not fun.

Edited by Vhale

Flip-flops or rarely other shoes outside, kick off inside so I can stare at the tan lines.

I do not wear shoes at home, they have her soles dirty and thry are uncomfortable. I'm often barefoot at home smile.gif

I have foot problems, so wearing shoes to support my feet feels nicer to me. I do wear them inside, and I don't take them off until I go to bed.

only outside, and then only if ill be out for a while. if i'm just walking around a bit outside, then i go bare feet biggrin.gif

I'm Chinese. It's custom to never, EVER bring your shoes inside the house. Thus, I never, EVER bring my shoes farther than the inside of the door. I just don't. It feels wrong. Now, when someone else walks into the house with shoes on, it irks me and makes me feel like they're being disrespectful. Logically I know they're not meaning to be... but I can never shake that feeling.

feh, shoes? I don't bother, I'm like a hobbit, I go barefoot across any terrain - even sharp rocks (the worst, though, was when I walked barefoot through snow. owie!). I only wear shoes when the dress code or OHS demands it.

My mother and I wear slippers inside the house, while my dad has a special pair of 'indoors' shoes.

I tend to go barefoot/just in socks a lot though.

Shoes outside, usually - unless at the beach. At my own home, no shoes indoors unless they're slippers or such, as the small pile of shoes just inside the door can attest.

Anyone use those new toe-shoes, that are formed to your feet like gloves? They're supposedly really good for your feet.

I wear sandals inside and outside of the house. On occasion, I will wear shoes, but only if they're comfortable and/or go along with the rest of my outfit.

Anyone use those new toe-shoes, that are formed to your feet like gloves? They're supposedly really good for your feet.
I have no idea what you're talking about, but if it's good for your feet, I would certainly like to know of it.

I avoid shoes when I can, and if I must I'll usually go for a slip on pair. I hate socks with a passion. So, I hardly ever where them around the house unless I know I'll be going somewhere soon or I just got home.

Those glove shoes that you're talking about, my older sister has a pair. She and her boyfriend wear them a lot, say they're really comfortable, and use them for climbing.

I'm lazy with wearing shoes, if I have them on, I don't take them off untill I sit down for a while, that is when I have the urge to take them off. Otherwise, I would not put them on untill I have to, then I don't take them off for most of the day.

I hate wearing shoes inside. I immediately take them off when I get home. I can't bring myself to walk on the carpet with shoes on. I'm also a LOT more comfortable without them. My dad used to always get on my case and demand that I wear shoes inside because he thought I would get a cold from going barefoot >.>

He lost that battle LOL

I have a strange need to have something on my feet 90% of the time. Oftentimes if I come back to my room after classes, I'll just leave my shoes on. Most of the time unknowingly, I just like the feeling of having covered feet, I guess.

And if I'm not wearing shoes, I've got my Angry Bird slippers. tongue.gif

It has to be pretty darn warm in the room in order for me to walk around barefoot.

UGH OH MY GOD. I was just thinking "huh... a shoes topic? wow this is just like that one that i made like a year agoOOO HOW IS IT STILL ON THE FRONT PAGE"

Needless to say, I only wear shoes outside. And then it's kind of needed, since I live on a farm.

Shoes outside & slippers at home. I like to go barefoot around the house but my room is a death trap for the bare feet. I keep standing on bent paperclips, plugs, crushed smarties and my earrings when I'm cleaning my room. My parents bought a pair of acupuncture slippers visiting relatives last summer and they feel like you're being stabbed in the foot by tiny angry fairies.

In the summer, I will keep my sandals on, but in the winter time, I wear slippers with comfy socks. I'd rather just wear my slippers without the socks, but it gets pretty cold around here and sometimes I have to run the dogs downstairs pretty quickly (we're in an apartment.)

Our building is very old, plus having animals and old linoleum floors that were never sealed, and original-to-the-building hardwood floors, I don't dare walk around barefoot. I mop and sweep every single day, sometimes a couple times a day, but I still don't trust our floors.

I hate having my feet closed in, it just isn't comfortable to me. Lucky I live in the sub-tropics and it is possible to wear sandals all year round.

Shoes are prime examples of the subtle differences between me and the other 2/3 of myself (due to my being an identical triplet)

One sister has no real preference at all while the other only has sneakers and wears socks all the time.

These oddities that are shown in humans are extremely interesting to me.

Since my work requires me to wear steel toed boots, They are usually on my feet 24-7. On the off chance that I don't need to wear them though, I will wear a then soled comfort shoe.

I wear shoes outside, inside I go barefoot or wear fuzzy non-slip socks if it's too cold. I love those. biggrin.gif

I have shoes that I wear inside, but the shoes I wear to do yard work, feed horses in and that sort of thing, they stay in my laundry room.