Zovesta

Shoes?

Do you wear your shoes inside the house?  

178 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I know this is sort of a strange topic, but it's been bothering me. Do you wear your shoes inside your house as well, or only outside? How come? Do you have a special inside-shoes pair and a special outside-shoes pair?

The first thing I do when I get home is to kick off my shoes. I'm just more comfortable without them. Part of this is because I tend to twist myself into odd contortions when I sit and shoes get in the way.

I live in a University Halls of Residence, so I only take my shoes off in my room- technically I can be 'home' all day and not take off my shoes. Mainly because the kitchen floor is covered in dirt, spilled food and sticky dried alchohol- the same with the hallways, mostly. You NEED shoes in places like that.

I always said once I got my own place that I wouldn't wear my shoes inside, because you track dirt and all kinds of nasty stuff from outside inside. Of course I didn't go through with it... I wish I had though, I bet my carpet would be a lot cleaner!

When I was living with my parents I never wore my shoes inside, simply because I don't like having restricting things like shoes on my feet. (I go barefoot at every opportunity.)

Now that I'm living in a dorm and the floor is disgusting from all the college students who have lived hear all these years and done who knows what to the floor I have a pair of shoes I wear all the time indoors. Just a pair of crocs, (or rather some off-brand imitation) to separate my feet from the floor. But I look forward to the day when I can again go barefoot.

The first thing I do when I get home is to kick off my shoes. I'm just more comfortable without them. Part of this is because I tend to twist myself into odd contortions when I sit and shoes get in the way.

Pretty much this. I also hate the feeling of having them on for too long, it's just uncomfortable.

Funny to see these results, I always assumed people wore them inside because of that American stereotype. X) I don't wear them inside. In winter my parents force me to wear slippers, but that's the most I can stand. Though, really, wearing my shoes around only outside is done more out of cleanliness than comfort. I live in the country, so if I walk around inside with my shoes on, I'd be tracking around mud from the pig pen and dog crap.

Yes, I do.

Edited by Kestra15

I hate wearing shoes inside, and take mine off as soon as I come in. Otherwise I feel like the carpet is getting dirty, plus I am just more comfortable with them off. tongue.gif

Now that I'm living in a dorm and the floor is disgusting from all the college students who have lived hear all these years and done who knows what to the floor I have a pair of shoes I wear all the time indoors. Just a pair of crocs, (or rather some off-brand imitation) to separate my feet from the floor. But I look forward to the day when I can again go barefoot.

I remember the dorms. Always dirty. I never went without shoes in the dorms. Ick! Trust me, it gets better when you move into an apartment. Real carpet on your feet smile.gif

My level of barefooted-ness varies depending on the season. I never wear shoes in the summer. I'll wear boots for hiking and chacos when I have to wear shoes (they're the closest I've found to going barefoot). But in the winter I am rarely barefoot. Having shoes on your feet conserves heat, and when my mother keeps the house around 68F and as low as 60F at night, I need all the heat I can get. I always have slippers on. I will wear my shoes around the house after I come in, but I try not to go upstairs with them on.

I wear shoes outside; it's practically a rule of ettiquette in our house to leave our outdoor shoes lined up beside the exit. And if we didn't, mummy woulda spanked us senseless. Tee hee. :3

But that doesn't mean I go barefoot at all. Indoors, I either wear slippers or socks, and since it's turned cold in my area, I'm wearing those thick and padded boot-like socks (what were those thingamajigs called again? blink.gif).

Edited by Felicityluff

I usually take off my shoes when I am inside. Sometimes in the winter though, I will keep them on for a while to keep my feet warm, as we have very little carpet in the house(both for looks and for allergy reasons).

Edited by Nectaris

I don't wear my shoes inside.I somehow manage to always step in something gross xd.png. I don't usually go barefoot. I always wear socks. I only wear the ankle ones , though. I can't stand wearing huge puffy socks.

Edited by Red_Rose87

I wear shoes all the time, inside and outside. I hate being barefoot.

I have indoor shoes, aka slippers that I wear inside all the time and outdoor shoes that I don't wear inside unless they are new and clean.

I wear them when I want and where I want. I've gone outside without them, including during the winter complete with snow, but at the same time I sometimes have to wear them inside cause I screwed up my feet with several injuries.

Never inside. And I prefer being barefoot outside too, but my parents are relatively strict about that. Occasionally, I'll manage to go outside barefoot without Mom or Dad realizing.

Nope. I never wear shoes inside. I do wear socks though when it is cold.

There needs to be an "I avoid shoes period" option xd.png

I don't wear them at all unless I know it'll be really cold, really hot, or if there's broken glass--even then, once I've scouted the area for danger, the shoes come off fast.

Usually only outside.

Except for parties and when I'm feeling lazy and hang out in my bathrobe and PJs.

I never wear shoes if I can help it, let alone inside my house. I prefer just wearing socks, but I have a habit of losing every pair of socks I own. :|

No shoes in my house. I wear either poochies or socks.