lachrymation

The Caravan

Bruxa smiled at Rath and in a moment she was behind him and moving quickly towards the Carnival. To make things faster for herself and Rath if he needed it, she quickly had a car appear beside her and it roared into life at a touch from her as she sped to the Carnival. When she arrived she touched the ground and from where she touched grew two large machines that could be considered to be replications of Transformers. Once they had appeared Bruxa merely gestured to the shadows and grabbed a sharp, rather long, dagger from her boot. Alongside her machines, she quickly dispatched another wave of chasms although even she could tell that things were going to get out of hand soon if they didn't hurry.

Auralia was shocked into standing still and being quiet for once when a young man with a long ponytail jumped in front of her and Rollo and made a whole bunch of chasms fall down and melt away into the ground. Then another young man appeared and he took a breath and suddenly there were daggers, shards of glass and anything sharp and pointy aiming at chasms. When he released his breath, those sharp objects each found a mark and destroyed the chasms before her eyes. Then another person came but instead of being kind looking like the other two, she was instead a dark young woman with bright blue eyes and dark black hair dressed in a punk sort of way. From the ground and seemingly at her summons, there grew two large machine beings that pummeled away at as many chasms as they could get their hands on. She too fought alongside them and it seemed that she had had a lot of training to be able to work with them so seamlessly. Auralia was still shocked even as a chasm started to attack her in her distraction. But before it oculd do anything to harm, one of the large machines reached down and picked up only to squash the being between two large hands.

"You idiots!" Bruxa said and rolled her eyes. "It's time to move out." she said to the two of them as the chasms seem to come back in power again. Bruxa could see that the young girl was naked and wondered what in the world she was doing without clothes then mentally kicked herself as she realized that her clothes would have been burnt off. "Where are your clothes?!" she called over the whine and click of her machines fighting. Auralia dumbly motioned to where they were and small machine appeared to grab the clothes and held onto them for Bruxa. She was clearly irritated at the slow moving of the other two gypsies and wondered where Rath was.

Valadian was breathing hard, and couldn't quite move as swiftly as before, wincing as a chasm slashed at his arm, but it recoiled and burst gruesomely as Lyall attacked it with his hands, which ended with large claws.

"Hey! You're using your ability!" Valadian exclaimed, but shrank back when another hit him. He ran away from the fight a bit, watching as it progressed.

"You idiot," Lyall growled, his eyes flaring, as he attacked another chasm. "You know you can't attack properly. Head back to the caravan. It's dangerous."

Valadian stared down and flared a bit, silently, but he didn't involve himself in the battle any longer. He hated not being able to defend himself with his power, as it was only good for using to warn people.

He turned and fled back to the alleyway in which their covered wagon was situated.

The bench was empty; everyone had left, but there were the two girls on the top bunk of the caravan, Charrid and Arachne. Arachne, a girl with short chestnut hair, swung over onto the bottom of the caravan and asked Valadian, "Where's everybody?"

"The bigger question is: Where were you when we were discussing things?" Valadian asked in reply.

"I was sleeping." She pointed to the indented bunks underneath the benches. It held a bed, and that was where most of them slept at night.

Valadian nodded, he hadn't seen her there, but it was mostly likely.

"Is that a wound?" Arachne asked him curiously, looking at his arm. It had a large slash across it, and now that it was brought up, Valadian felt a slight sting from the cut.

"It's nothing," He started, but found the girl placing her hands on it nonetheless. She had the ability to repair anything quickly, as her name was like a spider, which spun and weaved magically.

The man had found the boy near the building. He must have fallen off. Interesting, really, that he was able to climb that tower. He had watched him do it. So the boy was a gypsy. That made things interesting. He had transported him to a bed in a storage room on the campus. The boy was still unconscious, but the man knew that he'd wake up soon. He wasn't dead.

Rollo watched as a man was suddenly there, seemed to be helping them and successfully killed several Chasms. He walked away, no longer feeling any of the supernatural energy he normally felt. He had burned most of it up when he had been angry, and had been very angry several times recently. His inhuman strength was gone as his energy absorption was unable to take effect. Nothing was hitting him hard or fast enough to do anything. Managing to get away from the Chasms, he looked at the others with an exhausted expression on his face. Where were they from? Who where they? What did they want? He didn't care, not right now.

He was tired, as he had been staying up as of late, the energy he had left being used to keep him up. And now he wished he had slept those extra hours, as every bit of strength was drained from his body.

God, he was tired. He walked a good way away and curled up on a bench, trying to fall asleep. He told himself a rest was all he needed, and rest would've been a good idea, but Rollo didn't want to. He couldn't stand aside, stupidly staring, as people fought to stay alive. No, instead he had help. But he was so tired... Somewhere along these lines his body answered the question and he went quickly to sleep.

Lance was just getting into the groove of things when two large Transformers-like machines appeared and started smashing the chasms. It seemed that Bruxa had arrived and Lance saw Rath had also joined the flay, slashing left and right with his large claws. Lance watched Bruxa’s machines with some envy. He would have liked to have an ability to create cool machines like that too. Lance sighed and shook himself slightly before concentrating on the fight. Valadian seemed to have retreated, Lance noted with relief. He did not want his friend to get hurt in the fight.

It was then that Lance noticed that the girl who was on fire was actually not wearing anything. Lance’s eyes widened in surprise and he quickly jerked his eyes away, a slow flush creeping up his neck. He was just in time to see the other guy walked away and curled up on a bench a distance away. Lance blinked in surprise as he wondered what that guy was doing in the middle of a fight. Two chasms suddenly appeared to the left and right of him and Lance was too busy fighting to think too much about the peculiarities of the two new gypsies. The cloud of sharp objects he was manipulating split into two and Lance sent it left and right to counter the chasm. The clouds blew multiple holes in the chasms before Lance brought them back again. It seemed that the combined efforts of the three of them were having an effect on the chasms as the tide of battle slowly turned in their favor. But Lance knew that it was better to be cautious when dealing with anything that involved the An Dorchadas. “Bruxa! Rath!” Lance called to his friends, “What’s the plan? Do we fight or run?”

Lyssa walked out of the gas station after paying for the gas she pumped. Business was rather good this week, she had sold quite a few herbal remedies in a local Farmer's Market, which left her with more than enough food and gas money.

Loud sounds in the distance alerted Lyssa that she should go, but she in all curiosity wanted to know what was making the noise. She went back into the gas station, back to the bathroom and locked the door behind herself. Using her Astral Projection she surged forward towards the noises, appearing in a human form about thirty yards from the happenings. Why the heck are those things.. God, there gonna see me. I projected a bit too far, but how was I to know there wasn't a large boulder to hide behind. Oh well, not like they can reach my body, I'll be gone before then. They will probably think they are seeing things because I'm not going to talk, she though to herself.

Edited by SinisterKitty

Bruxa seemed to enjoy fighting more than anything and she smiled at Rath as he used his ability. It was something that she didn't see all that often, but at least she could see him fight now. It was a neat ability to her, but to him, well, she didn't know. He didn't use it enough for her to really know. "I dunno, Rath what do you wanna do? We can keep 'em safe and I've got enough room to get them back to the Caravan pronto!" she shouted as loud as she could. A chasm came at her from behind catching her in her shoulder which only drew a hiss from her as she wheeled around, breaking off the shadow in her shoulder and swung her blade deep into the monsters heart. "Teach you to get me from behind." Bruxa noticed that they were winning and it seemed that the strong fella had passed out on a bench. Luckily, she would be able to move all of them as soon as Rath gave the word. "Rath?! We need an answer now!" she shouted as a few chasms moved towards the tough guy. "Gah! Tiger!" she called and beside her there appeared a Tiger like machine that ran towards Rollo and hissed darkly at the chasms around him. It's large claws ripped through chasms, but Bruxa's ability was being worn thin. Without Rath calling them to go, they were going to be just as tired as the young ones around them. "What is your name?" she said to Auralia who was still trying to fight as best she could, but her flames were wearing thin.

"I....I'm Auralia." she said and looked at Bruxa her eyes slowly going green. If she wasn't careful, well, yeah.

Bruxa looked at one of the large Transformer like beings and then at Auralia. "Hurry up and change." she said to the both of them and the Transformer like being shifted into a car with it's door open to Auralia. Auralia looked around for her clothes and the little bot brought them over to her.

Inside the car, she quickly dressed then hopped out her butterflies still iluminating the area.

With Auralia changed, Bruxa quickly had her machine go back to fighting and relinquished her hold on the smaller bot. "Look, go help tough guy over there and then pass out. Tiger can protect you two...for now." she said roughly to Auralia who was still so bewildered that all she could do was just that. She did her best to at least burn a few chasms, but Tiger was doing most of the work.

"The chasms will just keep regenerating if we just attack!" Rath called to Bruxa when he asked for a plan. "You tell me! We need to retreat; get the others and head for the Caravan!"

"Come on, everyone." Rath glanced at the new gypsy with red hair, who said her name was Auralia, and said, "Listen to me. We're going somewhere that's safe. Don't run off and don't ask any stupid questions. Just follow us and we'll explain when we get back, okay?"

To the rest of the group, he shouted, "Bruxa, can you somehow distract them all? A minute will do. Everybody, get into the car." he pointed to the direction of the alley, as the others were fighting, and he wasn't even quite sure if they all could see him, but they'd have to be able to cooperate.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Valadian smiled as Arachne healed his wound. "Why thank you, pretty lady." He joked, and she glared at him before retreating back to where Charrid was. "They're battling chasms right now, aren't they? I bet you ran away, you coward."

Valadian felt his face burn. "You know I can't use my ability to fight well, Arachne! I'd get another to help if I wished!" he snapped right back and was about to say more when Charrid intervened.

"Okay, okay, we're not going to get into one of your full-on battles, both of you." She drove Valadian into one corner and she sat down between the two of them. They often spat at each other, probably only because Arachne made fun of Valadian's ability not being that useful.

"What are we going to do?" Charrid asked, her voice strangely dangerous.

"They're bringing back new gypsies." Valadian said, not looking at either of them. "They should be back. Get ready to move the caravan. The chasms will follow them."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The boy had opened his eyes. He was clearly confused. Where he was or what he was doing on a bed had entered his mind, and he obviously had no idea what he was doing in an old shed.

"So you're awake," The man addressed him. The boy turned to face him, strangely aware of him sitting on the small stool that was located beside the bed, but not to close to it.

"I can tell you're a gypsy. Would you like to tell me what happened?"

The boy blinked, but opened his mouth to tell him what happened. The man listened silently, and nodded knowingly. He hasn't met them yet. Great, the man thought to himself, And it also seems as if his relationship with his brother isn't the best one. Looks like he'll do.

"Will you come with me?" He asked, when the boy was done telling him his story.

"I have a proposal for you."

Edited by lachrymation

Lyssa realized the people were trying to get away from the creatures and screamed at the top of her lungs to help draw the attention away from them. She knew they were bad news, but her Astral form couldn't be harmed she would just have to go back to her body and run off like a scared little girl, probably to never see these people again. Some of the creatures started to come at her which made her flinch, they would only need about a minute or so to get away. She felt somewhat embarrassed by her actions, but she had a feeling that these people were just like her and that they seemed to need her help. Edited by SinisterKitty

Just keep walking... Just keep walking...

That had been the only thing on Dalibora's mind all day. She'd been, as usual, avoiding that paranoid feeling that crept up her spine and made her worried all day. Suitcase in hand, she only knew to keep walking. Whatever had burdened her, it hadn't made the move it needed to let her /know/ it was there, and she was left with the uncomfortable /feeling/ it was there instead. A noise caught her attention, albeit one far off. The young woman had been walking in the woods all day, as she, when startled, tended to best go without much notice while in the woods, as people seldom gave a second glance in such matters. Nearing the din, she emerged from the woods and curiously wandered nearer; if whatever had been spying on her were finally out in front of her, at least she'd have the comfort of knowing she wasn't going mad.

Much to her confusion, there were many unusual things going on. The monstrous machines aside, there appeared to be clouds of sharp objects, a human on fire, and these strange beings that they other humans were engaged in combat with. Something about the sight didn't surprise her as much as she thought it should have. Her foot tapping against the ground, she held her briefcase tightly, shaking her head.

So you're right. There /is/ something crazy out here... Right place, but the wrong time, Dalibora...

It was following him again. That thing that he had sensed uneasily a few days ago and a few days before that; it was there again, watching him. He picked up his pace and he could feel the creature breathing behind him, close and warm by his neck. He turned around quickly, but there was nothing beside him except his shadow cast by the dim street lamp. He looked around once more, and gave a muted gasp when he noticed something. His shadow didn't orientate with the light. His shadow was in between him and the lamp. With realization and a sickening feeling, he backed up slowly, with an eye kept on the fake shadow, and as he backed up in shock as the shadow grew and twisted into a huge beast with slavering jaws, perked and shredded ears, and a spiked tail. Razor sharp claws reflected off the light as the shadow strained around to look at him. Piercing red eyes broke the darkness on the shadow's demented face, and he felt as if he couldn't move. His heart thumped quickly in his chest, and he blindly felt behind him for an exit from the enclosed alley without once taking his eyes off the huge creature. When his hand hit the side of an entranceway, he relaxed. On the count of three. He told himself. I'll make a run for it.

After the countdown he kicked into action, expertly dodging the corner and skidding down the alleyway. it was thin and hard to bypass, but the noises of the creatures shrieks told him to keep going. He continued to run, as fast as he could until he arrived presently at a street, one that he recognized well. Pulling his hood straight over his head, he continued down the road to a small house and waited for the car to pass before rushing across the street. He stuck a small, rusty key into the small worn-out door quickly, pushing against the wood and every so often pausing to glance over his shoulder. The shadow monster was pulling himself out of the alleyway and was looking blindly around for him. When the door finally opened he pulled himself inside, slammed shut the opening and in relief, leaned against the door. Pressing his ears hard and listening for any more sounds, he heard the beast give a snort of discouragement and thump away.

What is that? Rayven asked to himself. And why is it following me?

Bruxa nodded at Rath and soon had a vehicle ready for him and then the rest of her machines disappeared then reappeared as several smaller machines about the size of a full grown man. They started to battle and provided a save perimeter for the others to crawl into the car. The added distraction of someone screaming helped her as well as she watched them crawl into the car. She didn't see who had gotten in but she did make sure and have Tiger grab the sleeping man and toss him in the car as well.

While her machines fought, Bruxa shoved Rath into the car as well as grabbed Lance by the back of his shirt and tugged him to the car. With Auralia and the man in the backseat, the car was full. "Take them straight to the caravan Max." she said to the machine and with a honk, the car took off with everyone in tow. "And keep them safe!" she shouted as she continued to fight off the chasms and realized that there were people watching. What they were doing there, she didn't know, but right now, she had to run had to get out of there before she was killed. Her priority was to keep the others safe and her secondary was to keep herself alive and others alive.

With a glance at the girl and a wave of thanks, she dove back into the fray to make sure that they didn't follow the other gypsies. If they did, she would have some sort of trouble keeping them safe. But, from the looks of it, they were fooled for now and she quickly dissolved her machines and reproduced a motorcycle and disappeared into the night.

((I really hope this is okay. I can edit and delete if it isn't. I just didn't want it to take like three days to get this scene done and have everyone waiting on everyone. Again I can edit and I am so sorry if this upsets anyone.))

Auralia was almost passed out by the time she was rudely shoved into a rather nice car. With Rollo now sprawled out over his seat and onto her lap, she found herself starting to actually fade in and out of consciousness. It was odd to feel as though one was about to lose it, but she couldn't help it and was soon out cold in the back seat.

It didn't seem to take much time at all; she'd shown up, seen these strange people fighting monstrous shadow beings, and now the people were leaving. She certainly didn't want to be left alone in the presence of whatever the shadow creatures were, and tightening the grip she had on her suitcase, she waved her free arm in the air, looking to the motorcycle as it left. Her only options were to stay where she was or use her ability, but the latter would leave her naked, and she didn't need to explain that to whomever she was following. "Hey! Wait up!"

The young woman ran after the motorcycle, or at least she attempted to. With the vehicles soon gone, she turned around; the long shadows that stretched before her began to distort themselves, and she squeaked in fear, stepping back. Oh, come on.. Dalibora sighed, running from the creatures the shadows engendered.

Bruxa shook her head as someone called for her to wait up but something in her gut told her to turn around. The motorcycle skidded to a quick stop and she turned it around with a grimace on her face. "Idiots....that's all people are today...idiots." she mumbled to herself then kicked her machine into high gear and circled around the seemingly defenseless woman. A few of the smaller bots appeared and began to slash at the chasms, but Bruxa was starting to wear thin. She couldn't do much more of this turning around and helping people!

"Get on or die. It's obvious that they want you too and that you have some sort of ability that you are hiding. Otherwise they would have left you alone. Wanna live or not?" Bruxa said matter-of-factly as she quickly stabbed a Chasm that came far too close but winced as her shoulder complained. "Hurry up!" she shouted at the woman.

Thank goodness that the operator of the motorcycle heard her! She'd have been out of luck if she were left to run on her own; she'd rather have died fully clothed than gotten away and been spotted somewhere in the nude. She was about to thank the driver, but before she could, she was told to get on the motorcycle. Well, that or die, and the latter didn't sound nearly as inviting. She nodded and quickly got seated on the bike, attempting to avert her gaze from the freakish creatures.

Powers? Oh, great; I really can't hide it. These things can sniff it out, apparently. She sighed. Turning Bruxa, she spoke. "Thanks..." It wasn't much, but it was certainly the least she could say in such a situation. Gripping her suitcase tightly, she placed her free arm on Bruxa; motorcycles weren't her thing, and she had a fear of falling off.

"You really are incompetent aren't you?" Bruxa said harshly as she grabbed the girls arm and put it around her waist. "I don't care if you're a girl. Being safe is more important right now." she said over the wind as the chasms started to chase them. "D*mn." was the one word that she repeated over and over again as her speed increased repeatedly until the chasms no longer chased them. They were a ways away from the Caravan at the moment and Rath would probably skin her for what she did, but she wasn't about to let another gypsy die, not on her watch.

"Are you hurt?" she asked as she slowed to a stoplight. "And sorry about you having to witness all of that back there. Not many survive after meeting a chasm...let alone that many." she said then started up again as the light went green inhibiting any further conversation.

Dalibora gasped a bit as her arm was grabbed; she knew the situation likely wasn't the least stressful for the operator of the motorcycle, but there was no need to be so rough, was there? She would have replied, but she was too busy making sure her suitcase was't dropped; it had priority over any inevitably awkward talk between her and her savior at the moment. She wasn't hurt, luckily, but she still was a bit unsettled by the sight of those things. She shuddered at the thought of such a creature successfully attacking her and squeaked, nearly letting go of her suitcase.

Wait, seldom were there survivors? That made Dalibora feel elated and more paranoid than ever! Those things could have been following her most her entire life, and at any moment they could have--it was best not to focus on such possibilities, instead silently looking ahead, still unsure whether or not to speak to whomever it was that saved her life.

"You're welcome, until we meet again," she called after the woman.

Lyssa got a sudden pang in her stomach, it was time to go--she was no longer needed. When she went back to her body she left the gas station with not another word said. Nervously hopping onto her Panhead and firing it up--heading on down the road. I seriously hope those things can't follow me back, otherwise I'm screwed. They looked like they meant business and I really don't think I can handle them alone...wait a minute, I should have followed them, curses. Oh well, they're probably gone by now.

Edited by SinisterKitty

Lance was busy with the chasms when suddenly what seemed like an apparition popped up a distance away. Lance stared a while, mouth gaping and rubbed his eyes. When he looked again, the apparition was still there. Just then, Rath called for a retreat and asked Bruxa for a diversion. “Got it!” Lance called to show that he had heard as he slowly retreat backwards. He saw that the naked girl had changed and heaved a sigh of relief. He was not good with naked girls. Lance had almost forgotten about the apparition when she suddenly screamed loudly. The chasms seemed to be distracted by this. It was just too much and Lance frowned and wondered if he should go checked it out.

Bruxa had reassembled her machines to help with the evacuation when Lance reached her. He was just about to speak when Bruxa grabbed him and unceremoniously tossed him into a car that had came up. Him and the girl whose name was Auralia it seems, the unconscious man and Rath as well. “Hey…” Lance spluttered indignantly but the car had already started moving and before long, Bruxa was out of sight. Lance fumed a bit. Bruxa could be so high-handed sometimes. Then he sighed. He knew Bruxa was only trying to protect them but he wished that she would share some of the burden some of the time. He turned to the girl beside him and asked kindly, “How are you doing? Any injuries? You fought really well back there. Did you have training? Oh, sorry, forgot to introduce myself. My name is Lance and that guy in front is our leader Rath.” Lance’s words seemed to spill in an unending torrent as he spoke.

With a gasp Rollo regained consciousness and looked around wildly. Breathing heavily, it was obvious he was panicked. What the hell had happened? Scrambling to a sitting position, he refused to look Auralia in the eye and instead put his head in his hands.

"I passed out, didn't I?" he groaned, remembering those football games where he had overworked himself and would collapse in the field after not being tackled for a long period of time. He groggily unlocked the car door and opened it, only half-realizing that if he jumped out he'd be a smear on the pavement. The only reason he shut it and locked it again was because he was cold.

"Cold..." he mumbled, still tired, and he yawned. He listened to the man who was talking. "Dance? That's a funny name. So's Path. Or did you say Chance and Bath?" he yawned, blinking. "Still weird names," Rollo continued, looking at Lance. "Mmm.... I'm tired," he grumbled, still drowsy, rubbing his tired eyes. "I think I'm starting to be okay... I feel terrible..."

Dalibora only looked to Bruxa still before managing to muster up the courage to speak. "I'm Dalibora," she sheepishly began, "And what exactly is happening here? There's so much... Stuff! All these monsters and machines and flaming people. It's like an action movie but--" As she spoke, a chasm appeared a bit too close for her comfort before being destroyed. "...But a bit too real for me."

Dalibora awaited a response, still risking falling off the motorcycle to hold her suitcase, and simply hummed softly in an effort to remove her mind from the frenzied fray it was currently in.

Bruxa grumbled something about not wanting to talk while she was driving, but she knew that meeting a chasm for the first time was scary. She had done it and so had others, but more had died and had been captured than had been sent to the Motorcade. At the next stop light Bruxa thought it would be a good time because of the high traffic going on which meant that the light would last longer than normal. "Those are chasms. Beings sent by An Dorchadas to either kill or capture gypsies which is what you are. A gypsy. You'll probably learn more from Rath when we get there but right now, just know that you are safe and know that you are part of something bigger than being a plain human." she said with a impish smile as the light turned green and they were off again.

Auralia, of course, didn't answer Lance or Rollo even beause she was out cold. When she stayed in her phoenix form while she was drunk, she wore down her abilities to about half of what she normally could do. Even with the surplus of energy, her senses were still dimmed causing it to even be hard to throw a simple fire ball.

In her unconscious state, Auralia dreamed of how she had never been fully accepted by her father even though he was a gypsy as well. He had always treated her with indiffernece even though she tried to always be in his good graces. She had tried to be the perfect little girl and had tried to be his little sweet daughter instead of the outgoing, fiery tempered grown woman that she had come to be. Her struggles were evident on the outside as she mumbled things like "Please, just one more chance. Don't walk away...I wan't to do better!" To anyone who would have been listening, the pleading, desperate tone in her voice wouldn't be hard to miss.

The car came to a stop at the Caravan and Lyall Rath flung the door open wide almost immediately, not stopping but calling out to the other passengers, "Get out, everybody, and get inside the Caravan. We're moving."

He glanced back at the alleyway entrance. There was no sign of the slithering shadows, but one could never be too sure. He just hoped that Bruxa would get back in time.

He hopped into the Caravan and Valadian stood up to greet him.

"Lyall Rath, the chasms are heading this way." He stated immediately. Rath nodded while rushing to the panel. "Can you get it running?" He asked, his voice strained. Valadian nodded and took over the panel. Charrid, bustling into action as well, stuck her head out of the caravan, and seeing the people inside the car not getting out at all, she called, "Oy, sleep later; but get your rear ends in here now!"

Lyall Rath flopped onto the bench on the left side of the area, and pressed his fingertips together. Arachne was watching him from the opposite bench.

"You worried?" She asked, breaking into Lyall Rath's thoughts. He looked up, then gave a little smile. "No," he replied, "Just thinking."

"Where to?" Valadian asked out loud, mapping their course.

"Lander's alley." Lyall Rath replied, jumping up and walking over to watch Valadian at work, and patted his shoulder. "Get it started. We'll wait for all to get in here."

((EDIT: ARGH this is what happens when I post this right after working on Nano! D8<))

Edited by lachrymation

Bruxa sped onto the grass avoiding the bumps as she pulled up in front of Rath. "Found another one Rath." she said and got off made sure the woman was steady as dissolved the machine from underneath her. "Get in and again, or die." she said gruffly as she was known to be and to do. When she looked at her car, she noticed that the large man and the girl hadn't gotten out, let alone Lance. This was frustrating. Here they were going for speed and those three were lounging around! "Idiots." Bruxa's mood was in no way helped by the pain in her shoulder but from the looks of the girl in the car and the man in the car, they were far worse than she was. "Hey Arachne, can you do bone weaving?" she asked as she dissolved the car making the other three plop on the ground. "Well, she is out cold." she muttered to herself as she had a machine pick Auralia up and take her to the caravan to lay her on a bed. "Can you two walk?" Bruxa asked them as she gave them a glance then walked away. From behind it was easier to see why she was so tense. Blood was dripping down her shoulder and could be seen through the white of her shirt.

The unconscious man woke up, probably due to the motion of the car and started talking weirdly. Lance looked at the guy with a mixture of amusement and frustration. He was most likely still groggy from the nap when he opened up the car door and shut it again. “Oi! Stop playing with the door. We’re in a fast moving car and unless you want to die, now is not a good time to alight.” The girl seemed to have either fainted or fallen asleep and when Lance looked at her, she seemed to be mumbling something in a pleading voice. Lance winced slightly; they had all had bad experiences one time or another just because they were born somewhat different. Lance’s mood turned somber as he thought dark thoughts and he ignored the both of them as the car sped on. The car came to a stop near the Caravan and Rath flung open the door, asking them to hurry. Just as Lance was going to get out of the car, Bruxa sped in with her bike with another girl on it and a disgruntled expression. Uh-oh, Lance thought to himself, Bruxa is going to blow a fuse if we don’t hurry up. Bruxa picked up the unconscious girl with one of her machines as she asked, “Can you two walk?” “Yeah! No problem! I got him Bruxa.” Lance said with a big grin as he tugged on the semi-conscious man. He hoped Bruxa was not mad. He would not like to be thrown around by one of her machines again. Bruxa had already turned around when Lance noticed that she was hurt. “Bruxa! You’re hurt!” Lance said in a concerned voice, “You should have Arachne take a look at it.”

Edited by Sunwolf

"Really Lance? We were just fighting chasms." she said seeming to be irritated more than normal. Her machines around the Caravan had dissolved all but one and it was starting to tick quickly. Bruxa hated feeling like a caged animal and at the moment she did. It was very hard for her not to be cagey and tense as the machine was going off, and Lance seemed to be having trouble getting Rollo into the car. "Come on Lance, can't you pull any harder?" she said with a chuckle as she gruffly pushed Rollo into the Caravan to help Lance. Bruxa glanced back at the woman and gently prodded her towards the door of the Caravan as she noticed a dark mass on the horizon. "Valadian, we had better hurry." she whispered in his ear as she motioned to where the chasms could be seen in the far distance. Bruxa turned around and making sure that she had either pushed, or shoved everyone into the Caravan, she slammed the door shut as the last machine was dissolved into the ground.

That being done, Bruxa moved to the back of the Caravan and sat down. She pulled her shirt to the side on her shoulder and grimaced. This wasn't good. The shadows were rather irritating to your flesh if you happened to have it deeper than your skin and first muscle layer. It was rather hard to get it out, but it wasn't impossible...however, she would really need help to get it out. But that would come later. Right now they had to take care of everyone else.

Despite Bruxa's hard nature, she really did care about other people. It was shown through the way that she quickly helped people even if she was harsh as she did so. The only person that she had ever really been nice to was Rath and at one time or another, Valadian. But to others it took a time for her to even smile at them let alone laugh or be nice.