lachrymation

The Caravan

Rath narrowed his eyes. Even if the man took his advice seriously or not, he would even much rather not have him with them in the Caravan.

"It doesn't matter if you should be able to hear me out or not; I don't care if you don't. But all of you deserve a chance to at least find out what's going on. Now I suppose you have probably been chased by these shadows most your life after you have discovered that you have some sort of weird power. Those shadows are called chasms. They are set by an organization who are after people like us, gypsies."

Valadian glanced at the man, rolling out in his chair and although Bruxa had already explained, he felt obliged to do so. "Ya'know, it's not going anywhere 'til it's fixed, right? So if I were you, I'd wait patiently. Bruxa and Charrid know what they're doing." He smiled, then turned back to Rath.

"Your brother..." Rath lifted his head a bit and looked down at the man who was not in the caravan, but rather out of it, and he asked, "Was he like you?"

Bruxa looked at Lance as he walked out knowing that he was going to try and cheer people up. It was just what he did. He was good at it too for even he could get her to stop arguing with Valadian just because he confused her so dang much. Rath though, one look and she would shut up. "Rough night yeah, but she needs to be fixed. I checked the machinery. Nothings wrong other than a few worn parts. Fixed 'em. The rest is Charrids." she said in a halting manner since Lance had drawn her back to reality. There were people....she didn't like too many new people around her, but in a few days she would be okay with them being around. "Why should I have her? Oh yeah." With that Bruxa looked at the front of her shoulder which was starting to have dark tendrils wrap around the wound in a spidery manner. "It'll be fine." she said and looked at Lance her harsh gaze not changing any at all.

Auralia listened to Lance for a moment and looked down from the stars to see his face. A small smile crossed her lips. "Thanks." she said and wobbled her way into the Caravan and in minutes, the disturbed girl was asleep. So many things to question...so many things....

Lance watch fire girl walked unsteadily into the Caravan and smiled slightly. It was obvious that she was very tired and would probably fall asleep standing if he did not mention the bunks. At Bruxa’s words, Lance rolled his eyes in an exaggerated manner, “Of course it’ll be fine Bruxa. Like in maybe a few weeks or so, the wound might have healed already leaving you with a nice scar.” Lance took her arm, the good one, in one hand and chivvied her along. “But, if we have Arachne look at it, we might get it to heal faster and it might not leave a scar you know,” Lance looked at Bruxa with an impish grin. He knew that he sometimes confused her a little and that was good. Bruxa scare him a little, sometimes. So he would like it if his manner kept her off balance, a little. Bruxa was fixing him with her glare of death again but Lance pretended not to see. He glanced over his shoulder at the lone man still standing there and said, “Come on, I doubt you had much rest with that short nap. Get some rest and if you want to get angry, you can get angry with more energy in the morning.”

"He's got a talent, if that's what you mean. Uhm... crazily acrobatic. Anything to do with that kind of thing... He could dance, he climbed buildings... He was like a gecko almost," Rollo replied, though it was almost like he was talking to himself. A small flicker of a smile was on his face before he shook his head and his expression turned hard. Kolin wasn't here now.

"The chasms chased him too. I have to find him," he demanded, looking at Rath with not hatred but determination. "If I don't find him... If I can't find him... Just make sure I do. I don't care what it takes. At least drop me off back where we were. I'll wait, but only because I have to," Rollo growled, clearly sending the man a message. If Kolin was gone and he couldn't find him, he'd blame the man and this Caravan would be missing one person.

He brushed past Rath, not bothering to look at him anymore, and sat away from the other benches. He wasn't going on those. Rollo closed his eyes and leaned against the wall of the caravan, slowly drifting off to an unsettling sleep. Oh how he hated to sleep and dream. They were rarely ever nice, the ones he could remember.

Bruxa was confused again. God how she hated how he did that! It was so infuriating and she did glare at him harder than usual as he took her good arm and tried to drag her into the Caravan, but she wouldn't dare make it easy on him. And no scar? Every wound leaves a scar...so how? There he goes again! Bruxa didn't laugh instead she started to push him into the Caravan so that he would just shut up. "Another scar? really? Have you seen me?" she said with a harsh chuckle as she looked around for Arachne. The space was small, but the girl could hide easily. "Arachne?" she called out in a somewhat irritated tone, but it wasn't at her, it was at Lance. She seemed to get along better with the girls and laughed with them more than she did with the guys. In fact, she hardly smiled or laughed with the guys even Rath.

Dalibora was a bit startled by the sudden feeling of a hand on her shoulder, but instead of attacking whoever had touched her, she squeaked. It wasn't the most courageous sound, but that didn't exactly matter at the moment. At least those two weren't fighting each other to the death. The sudden jerk from the stop nearly caused her to fall, but at least she wasn't upset anymore. Having blocked out the sounds of the others, she began to focus on getting her horns to disappear. After a moment of focusing, her horns receded and she yawned. Alright, so you didn't freak out and go all RAWR I'M A BIG MEANIE on everyone. Good job, Dalibora; you should get some rest.

Stretching, the young woman looked about; she'd managed to pick up on a bit of the more aggressive gentleman's speaking, hearing that he was looking for someone that could dance? Well, she guessed dancing was an ability. She hadn't been able to make fun of any abilities given her own.

"Wait, where are we?"

Bruxa hopped up on the sink in the back of the Caravan and sat there waiting for Arachne to appear. When the girl did, she seemed to be cheerful as always, drawing a gentle smile from the normally hard face of Madame Bruxa. "You have to stop geting hurt Bruxie." Arachne said with a sad smile. It was so like Bruxa to get hurt and ignore her pain to help others, but most of the time, her ignorance bordered in a psychological problem. "Hmm, yeah. Not gonna happen." Bruxa said as she watched Arachne apply a salve that drew out the shadows then wound the wound shut in a matter of minutes. Bruxa fondly ruffled the girls hair before jumping off of the sink. "Thanks lil un." she said then walked outside again to climb atop the Caravan where she normally slept. In a few moments, she was dead asleep.

Lance followed Bruxa in and watched as she received treatment from Arachne. Bruxa seemed to get along better with the girls, Lance noted as he watched the banter between the girls. With the treatment complete, Bruxa went outside where she normally slept. Lance nodded his thanks at Arachne and the girl waved back before disappearing into the bunks. Lance yawned and covered his mouth quickly, ready to seek his own bunk. The demon girl was still standing where he had left her and she looked puzzled as she asked, “Wait, where are we?” Lance frowned slightly. Where was Valadian? He thought he had asked Valadian to take care of the girl. Was he off somewhere goofing around? Coming up to the girl, Lance said quietly, “We’re in Lander’s alley. If you’ve got questions, save it till tomorrow morning when we can explain to everyone at one go. Go get some sleep.” Lance turned and went to his bunk. Before long, he was in dreamland, chasing after the sheep.

Rath was outside, and he entered the Caravan again, which was illuminated against the dark night by a soft light that was emitting from inside thanks to a large lamp hanging in the middle of then area within. After closing the door he climbed the ladder at the end of the caravan, which lead to a small bunk that was indented at the end. It was his bunk, and Valadian's. It didn't take much for him to fall asleep, and he drifted away into a dreamless state.

Valadian wasn't sleeping. Of course he wouldn't. The panel was blinking softly, and a small, soft crooning came from it, a tiny sound emitting with every blink in the light on the side. Valadian leaned back in the chair and looked up, sighing. There was something bothering him. What was it... Valadian brought his hand up to his forehead, and leaned down again, thinking. It couldn't be placed. Blinking, Valadian brought his head down softly on the table in front of the controls and closed his eyes, and turned the controls and the light off.

The silence in the caravan was unbearable. Looming, large. It had set and uneasy feeling for Rath that night, in contrary to any other nights. The sense of foreboding was prominent, and Rath had the sense that when morning came, something, at least something, would be different

Something, anything. Something catalytic would happen.

Kolin knew they were right. He could hear it in their voices. He could feel it in his bones. Rollo needed to know. The young man was changed. There was a strange gleam in his eyes that didn't belong. He appeared more wily. More than anything, he looked more healthy than he had ever been. His skin had taken a more human hue to it, his hair had a sheen that it never had before. In fact, his hair was trimmed. It was cut short, far more similar to a jarhead haircut than his wild hair before. He loved his hair, and it had taken a lot out of him, cutting it. But, it had to be done. A small trade off. He could handle it. Touching his head lightly, he felt the area where he had formerly been wounded. Just a day ago. He could feel a scar, but no wound.

Kolin's lean body was crouched over a wagon. He didn't know what the wagon's importance was, but there were many people living in it and they had sent him here. They had said that he would find Rollo here. That was more than enough reason to come and find the wagon. He could hear people, and that was enough to make him believe that it was possible that Rollo was in there. So, he stood on the tree branch he was on. His muscles stretched, and a smile spread across his face. It felt nice to be able to risk his life again. More so, now that he knew he couldn't possibly be killed from such a mistake. He had been brought back from the brink of death and been given a new health he had never quite been blessed with.

He dropped. The fall wasn't a long drop at all, so he could save himself. But, he waited until the last second, feeling the wind tug at his skin and clothes. He flung his legs out in front of him and caught himself. After landing, crouched once more to keep the fall silent, Kolin stood up and approached the caravan. Rollo was inside. Rollo had to know that the Devil Girl was right. He had to know that they were gypsies. Maybe his brother would take back all that he said if Kolin told him the truth. Maybe they could travel together again. Maybe things would be just like other things. Maybe... just maybe...

Rollo grumbled and opened his eyes. Where was he? Why were there all these people? Strange people, my god. On instinct his head lurched backwards in surprise, earning him a nice resounding shudder to the caravan and a sore spot on his head. And these people were the stupid people he had been stuck with. The people who kidnapped him. And took him away. And who tried to pick fights with him. Okay, admittedly he had kind of deserved Bruxa's teasing, but still, talk about immature. And this stupid caravan filled with these stupid people who were okay with being packed in like sardines by people they didn't know. It was crazy. Honestly, who would stay with these people, even after they saved your life. Who knew if it was just a scam? And, I mean, they were complete asses about the whole kidnapping-thing, getting all defensive and saying that taking a knocked-out man into a car isn't really kidnapping. Who said those chasm-things would hurt you? No one proved it. Maybe they didn't really do all that much. Stupid caravan people.

Growling, he stood up and felt his head, where a bump was starting to appear. Rollo sighed. Maybe they some coffee or something to drink in here. After all, it was a caravan, it should have food somewhere, right? Right? He looked around. There were benches and beds and complicated things and there was the sink. If there was any food at all it would be by that sink. So that's where he would go. Yawning, as he made his way over there he winced. God his foot hurt. Being broken could possibly add to that factor, couldn't it? Slightly limping, he opened the cabinet under the sink and looked inside. There was a refrigerator and some coffee packets. But there was no stove, and that dwindled his idea of having coffee. Huffing and growling something about stupid people not having stoves, he pulled out a can of soda instead. Oh well, so long as he had some caffeine. Knowing these caravan people, they had probably drugged this to kidnap him. Again.

"Stupid people. Can't have a goddamn stove can they?" he mumbled, but the curse was really only half-heartedly said as he was still half-asleep. Leaning against the sparse but still there empty caravan wall space, he chugged the soda quickly and yawned. He felt like crap, and sleeping on the floor didn't help, but he wasn't about to sleep on a bunk and get all snuggle-y with those stupid, horrible, kidnapping people. They were probably politicians before they believed in all of this mumbo-jumbo. No, Bruxa couldn't have been, she didn't have the tongue for it. Her tongue was like lead and made the stupidest of comments.

What was that? Out there. He could've sworn something just crossed the corners of his vision. Well, if it was a person, Rollo could finally get away with punching someone. Balling his hands into fists, he walked out of the caravan, looking around. Oh, this would be great fun. Splitting his mouth into a broad grin, he looked around for his prey. And suddenly he stopped. Kolin. Was that-? Could it be...? It had to be. He looked different. Rollo wasn't sure if he was digging the hair, but GOD IT WAS F*CKING KOLIN! And he did look more healthy, admittedly.

"Kolin? You're kidding. I-" he started, not sure what to say. He hated apologizing, and hated doing it a second time. So he simply wouldn't. "I... Are you here to kill me? Who hired you? The guy I chocked? Oh sh*t, I didn't tell you about that, did I? Well he's alive, that's all that matters, right? No, but seriously, why are you snooping around. You really could've come in and help me deal with these crazy people. They kidnapped me. While I was out. What the hell's with that I don't know, but..." Rollo mumbled in a rush. God it was good to have Kolin back. Maybe. What if he really was going to kill him? What if he was mad and angry and here just to spit in his face and tell him it was all over, that the next time they saw each other they'd be in hell. But he was pleading it wasn't so. He was hoping to god that Kolin was just here to make up and be his brother and companion again.

Kolin saw Rollo. Seeing his brother sent a shiver of excitement through his body. It felt like he hadn't seen the man in years. It felt like he had grown apart from his brother and the warm welcome from the normally hard man was greatly appreciated. He shook his head, smile gaining a very warm hint to it. The young man approached his brother quickly. Looking into the man's eyes only for a moment, he embraced him in a tight hug. "Silly brother, why would I ever want to kill you?" He muttered into Rollo's shoulder. Sniffing, he stepped back and covered his nose.

"Jeez! Just because I leave for one day doesn't mean that you're allowed to not shower. God, Rollo. You stink." Kolin grinned crookedly. Maybe it was true, maybe it wasn't. All Kolin knew was that Rollo and himself rarely had time to shower unless they spent the night at an inn. Granted, he was careful not to exert himself too much and he always wore deodorant. It helped. "Listen Rollo, I know how much you hate apologies. So, let me save you the trouble. I know you're sorry. Otherwise you wouldn't have been rambling like a dunce the moment you saw me. So, does that mean that we're good now? Or do you expect me to apologize for being upset?" He added the last sentence with a certain bitterness that caused his normally light and happy demeanor to darken considerably. His father had often done such and to have Rollo do the same would hurt just as much, most likely more.

Rollo hugged his brother tightly, not even really saying much in response. He stepped back as his brother did, and rolled his eyes, grinning along with him, his arms crossed in their usual laid back way, though he was noticeably leaning to one side, one foot being broken and all. But when his brother asked him if he expected Kolin to apologize, everything drained from his face, and a look rivaling Kolin's was seen. Rollo locked his jaw and walked a little ways away, shaking his head.

"Kolin, as much of a jackass I know I can be, I would never do anything that would hurt you like that. On purpose. That wasn't on impulse. Anyway, I wouldn't purposely do that. That's what father expected you to do. Hold me above him. I'm not father. I'm not the same man that he was. Is. I was being stupid and acting on impulse. I see that now, okay? I am not going to piss you off right after having done so. If you poke the bear too many times in a row it eats you. I dunno about you, but I don't think I want to be eaten right now," he said seriously, walking over to his brother and putting a hand on his shoulder.

"You're my brother. I wouldn't do anything like I did on purpose. Because it'd be stupid. It was stupid and I swear as long as I live, I will try never to do that again," Rollo said, getting the weary look that was often seen on his face when he was attempting to be responsible. Or when he was tired. Or when he was trying to do the right thing, but wasn't sure he could, no matter how much he wanted to. Rollo nodded and yawned. "So yeah, we're good."

Kolin looked at his brother. A wave of emotion filled im. It could only be called love, though it seemed too sappy for Kolin. He knew it had to be hard for Rollo, being the more responsible one. While Kolin could act on his own will, it was Rollo's obligation to make sure his younger brother wasn't hurt. Kolin resented himself for putting Rollo through that. For a moment, a small moment, he thought about leaving again. No, that would just bother him worse than ever. He'd never be able to sleep. He told himself sternly. His eyes darted over his brother's tired form and he sighed. Rollo's foot seemed to be hurt. He was favoring it.

The glint returned to his eyes. "Rollo, I'm going to tell you about something that will be a secret between us two only, okay?" Kolin glanced around. There was no one within immediate ear shot. That meant he could talk freely. "I only remember running away and waking up. I know I had a bad concussion and a couple broken ribs from falling. It's been a day. People don't heal like that. But, listen. I did, obviously. And, I feel better than ever before. I feel rejuvenated. Anyway, to make a long story short, the people who saved me told me a couple things. We are gypsies, we have special powers and those shadow dudes are trying to kill us. Those people can protect us. They healed me." Kolin turned his head to show his brother where the scar was on his shaved head. "I'm all better."

"You... You're completely healed? Bu- but that's impossible! So you mean you're like a super hero or something?" Rollo snorted, shaking his head. With all his stubbornness he couldn't believe it. This was the real world, right? That mean that super heroes didn't exist, and things like gypsies weren't real either. For once in his life, he looked utterly defeated as he saw Kolin's scar. His brother was right, people didn't just heal like that. But if Kolin was special, what was Rollo? Some follower to be left behind? And what was this rational world he had depended on? Irrational? Everything was being swept from underneath his feet. He had lost, and this world he had come to depend on was just tilted on it's axis.

"No. Gypsies are people in silk dresses. You're perfectly normal," he muttered, more to try and convince himself rather than Kolin, crossing his arms and actually looking afraid. Terrified, really. What if his brother left him? Was that why he had left before, not because he was angry? Then why was Kolin here now? Because he wanted to rub it in Rollo's face? The caravan people kept on saying that he had a power too, but his only power was strength. So what? It wasn't like he could punch a car and have it cave in. He was just... average. Sitting down, he ground his teeth, but winced as a molar ran over his broken tooth. Or rather the remaining half of the tooth that he had snapped in half and then spit out.

"I... I don't believe you. Gypsies and super-powers don't exist," he stated stubbornly, with a growl. "You know what? I think I could use a drink. A good, long drink..." Rollo muttered, standing up and walking a little ways from the Caravan. "You're paying, of course. I don't have the money, brother. You, on the other hand, do."

Kolin grinned at his brother. "You already blew all the money I left you with didn't you? That was quite a bit of pocket change. Shoulda told me if you didn't want it. I certainly could have bought a new suit or something, maybe a watch." He laughed and flipped in the air. Landing with more skill than he had before, his muscles were taut with a new strength too. "Anyhow, I thought you were against underage drinking. You always seemed to get after me for it. And don't you think, for a moment, I'll be buying you a drink without getting one for myself too. Eh," Kolin glanced back at the caravan. A feeling of foreboding spread through his body as he gazed at the covered wagon. "What about your friends? Are we going to have to worry about what they're doing? They gonna follow us and make us stay with them or something weird like that?"

Kolin pointed out Rollo's foot. Definitely broken or otherwise badly injured. There was no doubt. His brother put little to no pressure on it and that wasn't good. "Besides, I want to take you to my friends. Friends who don't kidnap and who make broken bones and concussions disappear within a day. So," Kolin did something he would have never done in even the best of moods. He bent over and offered his back to his older, and far bigger, brother. "I'll give you a piggyback ride. Just this once because you done went and jacked up your foot."

"I should really make an exception if you want to have any hope of dragging me off to these friends of yours," Rollo grumbled grudgingly, frowning in his usual moody way. "And they're not my friends. They're stupid kidnapping little cowardly b*stards," he huffed, and shook his head at his brother. "Just because it'd broken doesn't mean I can't walk. It's set, so it should be fine. For now," Rollo mumbled. In truth, half of the reason he didn't want to go up on his brother's back was because he liked having his feet firmly planted on the ground. Made him feel like he was in control.

"We could get a car... or something," he suggested, yawning. "And I have the cash... I just don't want to spend it. I want to save it for something... I dunno what. But I just don't think I should spend my money getting drunk. I shouldn't get drunk. It'd be stupid for me to do, and god knows how quickly I'd get angry when drunk," Rollo murmured, deep in thought. He supposed he would just nearly get drunk, just not all the way. He needed to keep a good mind on himself, didn't he? Even though Kolin could easily take care of himself, Rollo was still protective of him, and fiercely so.

"Look, first old man I see, I'll knock him down, steal his cane, and use it as a crutch," the older brother decided, nodding. It was impossible to tell if he was joking or not, for his expression was completely unreadable and dark. Rollo was probably such a lightweight he'd get wasted on the first couple drinks, but having never drank before, he was fairly oblivious to this fact. He was ready for a couple drinks just relaxing with his brother.

Auralia -

Auralia looked at the cieling as she heard Rollo mumble something before walking out of the Caravan. The past day or so had been the worst and the best that she had ever had, but for some reason, it all made sense. FOr some reason, she felt safe. For some reason...

Her feet were sore as she rolled her logs to the side and placed her feet firmly on the floor. Her face was more pale than it normally was, but at least she was alive and healthy. With shuffling steps, she walked to the sink and mirror to run her fingers through her hair and rinse off her warm face. It looked like she had flickered a little bit in her sleep from the way that the blankets had a few scorch marks on them. With a groan she walked back over to the bed and made it quickly before the sound of a familiar voice hit her ears.

When she stepped to the door, she was awed to see Kolin standing there looking healthier than he had before and both brothers actually looked very happy. But when she heard that Rollo had spent all the money that she had given him and the extra $200 that he had earned, she was rather confused. "You mean that you spent all that money that I gave you too? You aren't ever getting any money from me again." she said as she walked down the steps smiling at both of them. "Good to see you're alive Kolin. I thought you were dead or had run far away." She said with a grin which vanishes as soon as she heard Bruxa's voice.

Bruxa -

The noise was starting to become a bit much. The two brothers had been talking some time about nonsense that was starting to get to her more than she wanted. "Will all of you shut the bloody censorkip.gif up? First, I have to save your stupid butt and hers and now you won't let me sleep? For the sake of all that is good in the world, be quiet!" She said as she jumped down form the Caravan, landing in a squat with one hand on the ground in a three point stance.

When she straightened up, it looked as if Bruxa hadn't slept for her clothes were still pristine as was her hair which she now put up into a french twist after materializing a little machine that crawled along her arm and into her hair to hold it in place. "And kidnapping? You would be in a much worse place if you had stayed where you were. Much, much worse." she said seeming to sound either sad, angry, or very very afraid at the same time as she also sounded to be warning them. "Who's this small fry?" she asked as she motioned to Kolin. A dark grin was on her face when Auralia's eyes sparked for a moment at the rude comment.

Kessiah -

Light footsteps were heard echoing along the rather beautiful alleyway where the Caravan was parked. The sun was just starting to shine casting a warm glow over everything around the young woman that started to dash towards the Caravan, a smile of relief on her face. When she rounded the final corner she stopped in time to hear Bruxa's comment.

The woman that now stood there behind them was a woman of rather tall height at 6'2 with a slim build like that of a runner. Her eyes were a dark brown that almost seemed to be black and the color was mimicked in her smooth hair that was pulled back in a tight pony tail. Bangs layed across her forehead which was sligthly damp from perspiration. But, the most beautiful, and exotic look to the woman, was her dark, ebony skin.

"Bruxa! You harsh old hag! Who do you think you are to be criticizing somebody?" She asked in a calm, gentle tone. But it did seem that the tone itself grated Bruxa's nerves like sandpaper. "You shouldn't do that when you hardly know a person...speaking of knowing people. Who are they?" she asked as she caught her breath for a moment.

Bruxa glared at Kessiah before she answered. "The big lout is Rollo. It looks like his strength is something from them, then the red head is Auralia. But the lout seems to enjoy calling her Firebreather or something like that. A pet name I believe."

At the mention of "pet name" Auralia blushed and was about to go at Bruxa when she found a thin, glowing blue shield in front of her.

"Please please please forgive Bruxa, she tends to be rather harsh on other people." Kessiah said as she removed the shield and walked further into everyone's view.

"By the way, my name is Kessiah."

Kolin watched. Devil Girl came first. He felt a rush of anger at her friendly approach. The next was a strange, older woman with a machine. He didn't waste much time scanning her. She quickly made her personality clear. But, before he could reply with the snide comment he had conjured, another woman appeared. Kolin was appalled by the sudden appearance of so many women in one place. He looked at Rollo, looking for help at first but suddenly remembering his anger at Devil Girl. "I'm Kolin. I'd introduce my brother but," He stepped away carefully, grinning. "I'm quite certain that he'd find a reason to hit me for doing it. I don't know much of anything about this gypsy stuff, but from the look of you all and the way you all act, you know what it is. I'll just let you know this now, I don't plan on staying with you people. Hopefully this time, Rollo will stay with me so that we can go back to normal. It's kind of easy to avoid those shadows... Er- chasms."

Rollo growled as he saw Auralia, and his growl intensified as he saw Bruxa was now awake. And then another woman approached and he was practically ready to knock someone to the ground. Auralia and him didn't get along. At all. She was just as fiery as he, and fire and fire just made everyone miserable. And Bruxa was just obnoxious and loud and rude. Crossing his arms, he felt his shoulders were already tense with anger and he struggled to keep himself under control. No one pushed his buttons quite like she did. She was terrible. And the other lady was way too calm. This angered him more so.

"Pet name? Hah. That girl is nothing more than a nuisance in my way. The others called her Devil Girl. It's not a pet name. She's the last person I'd be with. Besides you, that is," he snarled, already starting to walk away from them. "I'm way ahead of you, brother. I'm already ready to leave," he muttered, not even looking behind him. his brother would soon be by his side if he wasn't already, at that was all he needed. Women just got in the way between him and his brother. It was best to keep them away and continue having a strong bond with Kolin.

"Goodbye jackasses!" Rollo called, just to give it that special 'touch' as he walked -or rather, limped- away, a satisfied half-smile slowly appearing on his face. Yes, this would be fine. Finally away from all those crazy women who popped up everywhere. EVERYWHERE. He swore they were starting to drive him mad.

That was it. Auralia turned into a complete inferno as she looked at Roll angrily. She didn't care if he ripped her head off. She honestly had had enough of his mightier than though attitude and was going to give him a what for even if it killed her. As her clothes melted off of her body, and her hair started to mold into flaming tendrils, her feet rose a few inches off of the ground while her eyes glowed in an angry white heat.

"A nuisance? A bloody awful nuisance? You are the pain in the a**! Someone like you so high and froggin mighty about everyone never stopping to consider anyone other than you and your brother! Well I've got news for you." she said as she quickly floated over to him, the air around her waving with heat. She stopped just far enough away so that he could feel the heat coming from her body. "The world doesn't revolve around the two of you." and with that, Auralia used her good hand and dove right into the center of Rollo's stomach using all of her anger and hatred in that single blow. It would be enough to maybe knock the air out of him, but the quick contact of her super heated body would leave a light burn as well. When she withdrew her hand, she found herself seeming to enjoy attacking the man that had insulted her time and time again. She had thought about giving him a chance, but nope. He had taken every chance and thrown it back in her face. "You are a self serving back of scum that has no use!" she said and swung at him again with precision.

Kessiah -

"Well, it seems like there are two more that act just like you Bruxa. Brutes that just need a little but of training to be let loose on An Dorchadas. If that even is Rath's plan. What do you think?" Kessiah turned to Bruxa, her kind eyes smiling at the woman who just glared at her before raising her hands into the air.

"Like I should know? I can never know what is in that little brat's head." she said obviously angry that things had turned out like this. With Auralia and her bad temper, the chasms wouldn't have too many problems locating them. "Idiots, they are all idiots." she said and stormed into the Caravan. "WAKE UP!" she shouted in the small confined space.

Kessiah winced at Bruxa's demeanor then settled in on watching what was going to happen. "Oh and about not staying Kolin. You should know that those they sent after you and your brother, are only the chasms that aren't trained as well as their superiors. Now that the know the abilities of Auralia and Rollo, and possibly even you, they will send those superiors and eventually, you won't find a way to escape and you will die." It seemed that all she said was something that could be taken as a fact. However it also sounded like she was willing to help them, but she wasn't going to force them to stay. "Be that as it may, we won't force you to stay."

"WAKE UP!" Lance was happily chasing after sheep when he was jolted awake by a loud shout into the confines of the Caravan. The sound echoed around the enclosed space and it was a moment before he recognized Bruxa’s voice. “Wha?” Lance leaped up only to hit his head against the bench. “Ow!” Lance clutched his forehead in pain as he lifted the bench and sat up. Staring at Bruxa half in anger he said, “And good morning to you too Bruxa. Are we under attack or something?” Lance could hear some voices outside and he grumbled, “Who’s awake this early? I thought you were the only early riser in this group.” Lance sighed; he was wide awake now, having been shouted at and hit his head. There was no hope of going back to sleep now. Lance got up and looked regretfully at his bunk before lowering the bench. Lance grinned impishly at Bruxa and went to the front of the Caravan to look for food. He was usually hungry when he had just woken up and he definitely needed some food now.

Kolin heard a number of things in quick succession. He heard the name of a familiar sounding organization that sent shivers through his spine. But, most of all, he heard Devil Girl and her words to Rollo. He watched as she attacked him, suddenly furious with her. Far more so than he had been ever before. Nothing could amount to the anger he felt towards her, except maybe Rollo's reaction to the attack. But, Kolin didn't wait to see what his elder brother would do. He had to respond. To be honest, he wasn't thinking about stepping in to save the girl this time. No. He was stepping in to fulfill that burning anger he had directed towards the Devil Girl.

Of course he didn't walk or run to where the two were. No, that'd be too conventional. He flipped. As he performed a set of flips that were more than just Olympic level, his momentum was building. Soon he was where the flaming Auralia was. Completely unaware of what danger he may be in if he touched her, Kolin used the momentum and arc of the flip he was currently in to aim both of his feet at the girl's stomach. If the blow landed, it could finish the small upstart before it did anything else to inflame Rollo's vile temperament.

Now that Kolin was healthy, there was small chance he would miss. The other girl would certainly have to perform some fancy moves to avoid the assault. Should it hit, she would certainly go flying away. The trade off for such a devastating hit was the heat. Even now as he launched the attack, Kolin felt like he was burning up. No doubt his shoes and pants would be on fire at the end of the attack, whether or not it landed. And there was no more protective hair. Just a shaved head. Oh well. That didn't matter. If he ended up getting hurt he could be fixed. If Rollo ended up getting hurt, he could be fixed. And if Kolin had been thinking correctly, he would have worried for Auralia too, because he was not a killer.

Rollo was not a coward. He wouldn't turn tail and run. Instead he turned defiantly towards Auralia as she dove at him. The punch itself didn't hurt, it was the fire that came with it. It burnt a hole through his shirt and scalded his skin underneath. He winced, but locked his jaw and shook his head. He wasn't going to move, no matter how much she tried to punch him. And she did, again. He didn't move backwards, merely grunted as fire again tore at him. And again it came, and he could feel raw wounds on his body that hurt terribly. He winced slightly as he crossed his arms and glared at her.

"Are you done with your hissy-fit, little child? If your goal was to burn off my shirt you're succeeding, but that's the most you're doing, really," Rollo snorted, but suddenly saw Kolin moving. Not walking, but flipping, and far faster than anyone Rollo had seen before. And suddenly he was up, aiming to kick Auralia straight in the gut. That meant Rollo should stall, if she hadn't already seen his brother. Spitting on the ground, he looked angrily at the girl before him.

"Fire breather, Devil Girl, come on. Prove you can do better, because I doubt you can. You're weak. You're stupid. You're pitiful. If you were smarter you would see that in this world you can only account for yourself and one other person. I chose my brother over women. Don't take it personally, though perhaps you should because I hate you particularly. Why would I bother to serve others if they don't serve me? The cash was nice, and so was binding my foot, but as I recall I spent half of my money on your drinks at that bar, where you got drunk, and the rest I'll spend on these burns. So I don't owe you anything."

"You spent the money?! BAH! I used my own you drunken idiot!" Auralia said her tones becoming extremely dark for someone who wasn't known to be dark, only angry. Auralia was building more heat as she stood there then realized that Rollo had glanced to the side and she did at the last moment. Kolin was right on track for her stomach. If she remembered correctly, the force of the impact would harm her intestines more than anything else so instead of dodging the attack, she remained where she was allowing his feet to plant into her hands and stomach absorbing some of the shock then using a blow of flames, pushed him back.

"Nice try Flipper." She said as she turned to Rollo as her heat continued to build up starting to cause the asphalt underneath her to melt like it would on a hot summers day. Underneath her feet, the asphalt disintegrated as what Rollo had said about not caring about others ruminated within her mind. How could someone be so shallow and how could they be so hating of others? She had helped him and this was how she was repaid?

Auralia was starting to cry molten tears that dropped onto the ground with an angry hiss. She wasn't crying for fear, or sadness, but her anger was so overwhelming at the moment that she didn't know what to do. She wasn't a monster therefore she wouldn't allow herself to kill Rollo which would be idiotic. Why was he so angry at her and why couldn't she help but feel that something had happened between them? Why couldn't she remember?

Her hands ached and so did her stomach where Kolin had planned to land his attack. It hurt like all get out, but she couldn't let them see that, she couldn't let anyone see weakness. "I guess I know not to give you anything ever again." she said and a devious smile crossed her face but appeared to be the smile of the Joker instead as it curved upward. "So I'll take back what I have done."

In a spin and rotation that would have come from her Capoeria training, she brought down the heel of her foot on the break that she had set for Rollo then used her fire to quickly propel herself backward and into the sky. There she stayed floating not wanting to come down. It took a moment for her to cool down now that she was satisfied with herself.

With a small shift in her standing, she floated to the top of one of two story buildings around them and sat there her fire covering her body, but keeping form burning the building down.

Kessiah

"Hmmm." Kessiah looked at the three of them wondering what had caused such tension between them but decided to ignore it for the moment. bruxa's voice was grating as the woman shouted at everyone to wake up.

Bruxa

"Yeah, the three idiots are out there burning up the street. Idiots. All idiots." she muttered to herself as Lance smiled at her in an impish way. Now that was the only way that she liked being smiled at for it was a challenge instead of a kindness. "There should be some food around there somewhere...i just got groceries." she said and then watched as Kessiah walked in, having to duck into the door as she did so.

"I told you that I was going to go get groceries Bruxa." Kessiah said without any hint of irritation at the younger woman.

"And i told you the same you passive dimwit." Bruxa growled from where she stood absentmindedly itching the place that Arachne had healed the night before.

"So be it." Kessiah said as she walked over to where Lance was and gave him a sideways hug. "Good morning Lance." she said in a friendly manner before pulling out some various fruits and vegetables along with some milk and cereal.