lachrymation

The Caravan

Rollo half-smiled and sat down beside her, his leg still drumming as if it were impossible for him to sit still. "I'm bad at saying thank you. I think it's a pride thing," he chuckled, looking at his hands which's fingers were weaved. Suddenly his leg stopped moving and he grinned, a strange light in his eyes as the pupils suddenly flicked to Auralia. "You like cards? Y'know, gambling? And if you don't know how, I really must show you. You really can't be a carnie without knowing. Or are you one of those innocent no-drinking types?" he inquired, standing up and pulling on a navy blue hoodie over his shirt. "I don't ever get drunk, but honestly, I think I can make an exception today," he muttered in his usual weary tone, before smiling again.

"Would you be the person lighting the stake, Auralia?" he asked, lightly laughing, a lopsided smile on his face. "I might not like people usually, but I don't like being alone either," Rollo murmured, walking to the door. "You coming or not? I'll pay."

When Bruxa motioned for him to follow, Rath turned to exit where Bruxa was outside, where he leaned on the side of the covered wagon facing her.

"What is it?" Rath inquired. He was worried himself about the Chasms' disappearance on Charrid's tracker, and he needed to figure out what was going on. There were gypsies out there, and he knew that they had to find some sort of way to get to them. Normally they followed the chasms to where their victims were, but now, as they couldn't find the chasms either, there must be some way.

Valadian was walking around the inside of the caravan, thinking. "Lance, if there are some gypsies that need rescuing, I'll gladly go with you there." He stated, before anything was asked. "We'll ask Rath about it, hey?" He grinned, and flopped down on the bench, his bangs flopping over one eye. brushing it back, he took apart his ponytail and re-tied it up.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The school was bustling about with business when the bell rang. The halls were flooded, and the girl stood in the middle, against the strong currents that ran on either way of it. She was new to the school, had just been brought in after a vicious encounter with a strange shadow monster, and she was shaking as she walked down the hall to her new class. It was the university area of the campus; it was a large campus with an elementary section, a high school area, and a university place too. Each separate school was large, and the girl knew that she needed at least ten minutes to get to each class.There were at least six gyms in each school, and they were vast, empty lots that simply took up a lot of space. The dorms were even huge; at least took up half the campus, be it for the little elementary graders or for the older university aged people. The girl knew that it was a very expensive school, a special school for gypsies who have been running from something, the same thing that sent the shadows. The staff and students didn't talk much about it, either because they didn't want to or simply didn't know anything related to the incidents. They were not allowed contact outside the school, simply because it was too dangerous, on of the teachers explained to them, and that there was a great risk in trying to get through to people outside the school.

It was lunch time now, and the girl made her way to the university cafeteria to see what there was to eat. She grabbed a lunch tray and made her way down the serving aisle, where she ordered pasta with meat sauce and a gourmet bowl of soup.

Bruxa looked at Rath, her eyebrows in a frowning position as she looked ather machine. "I can't make high tech mechanisms like Charrid...but this tracks them in other ways that are far to complex to explain...but...they were there...even while the radar showed that they weren't...and then they just disappeared almost as if they were killed. It would take a group of gypsies and maybe one or two that actually worked on their ability for them to have been able to defeat that number of chasms. I don't know what is going on Rath...but An Dorchadas isn't letting down." For once, Bruxa looked worried for the gypsies that were out there, her fellow kind that were being hunted like animals.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Auralia giggled when Rollo sat down because his leg had not stopped moving. It was rather hilarious that he couldn't stop moving. When he glanced at her, he seemed to be in a slightly strange mood which was weird for her to see in him. "Uh I guess...although the most that I have every played was crazy eights." she said and then listened as he asked her if she was one of thos innocent no-drinking types. For a moment, her eyes glinted devilishly before taking on a look of mock innocence. "Me innocent? Of course I am!" She stood up and nodded to his question of burning him at the stake. "Who else?" She smiled and held her hand up for him to wait and quickly went to change into a pair of jeans and loose shirt that slipped off of one of her pale shoulders (and some shoes...duh). "Okay, let's go." she said and grabbed the rain coat that she had bought and slipped it on. "And by the way, technically, I'm paying." she said with a wink as she walked out the door in front of him.

"Why do you think I offered to go in the first place?" Rollo laughed, grinning. When not around his brother, Rollo was often a more lighthearted and less angry fellow, as was the case now. "Terrifyingly innocent, I must agree. Almost as innocent as me," he chuckled sarcastically, following her. For a moment his hand had twitched at his side. It had been ready to clap her on the back as he might have done to Kolin, but he had caught himself quickly. Kolin wasn't the one by his side right now. This girl, Auralia, was. He walked ahead of her and turned back so he was faced her. "If I react badly to being drunk, feel free to burn me until I get back to my senses, okay?" he asked, his own eyes glinting devilishly.

They reached a tent where a few women sat, but were mostly overpowered by the amount of men getting drunk there. "Easiest to gamble when your opponent is drunk out of his mind, so I probably won't drink while I play. Feel free to watch a few rounds and ask me to explain if you want me to," Rollo murmured to her, walking forward and getting several dark glares from men whom had been fans of Auralia. Rolling his eyes, he turned around to face front, only to walk into another man. This normally would've set him off, but instead he merely curtly dipped his head and moved on to a table of men who were about to start a game of cards. Rollo made sure they were all drunk before asking to join the game. This here would be an easy win. Putting down fifty dollars as a bet, he grinned as the others raised the bet higher and higher. He looked at his hand, which was nearly full of trump cards. After a little time, Rollo had won, and he quickly collected his earnings, his mouth pulling into a grin as he realized he had near doubled his sum of money.

Auralia followed Rollo and laughed for a few seconds when Rollo told her to burn him until he went back to his senses. "Do you have any idea how happy that would make me?" she asked and then followed him to the tent. When they walked in, a different Auralia appeared. Being around a lot of men when she wasn't dancing, or burning them with large balls of fire, made her somewhat nervous. Unfortunately for her, this usually brought men in for the kill which a few thought about, but seeing that she was with Rollo, quickly dissuaded them.

With the first round, Auralia caught on to the trump cards as well as the cards that wouldn't win her anything. Rollo had easily doubled what she had given him but she wasn't about to bet just yet. Instead she watched while leaning on the back of his chair, making sure not to touch him.

A man walked behind her and slapped her rear causing her eyes to spark dangerously as she turned around.

"So firedancer, I'm sure that you want a real man to help keep you warm?" he said even though he was obviously inebriated far beyond his capacity.

Auralia tilted her head to the side and where her head once was, there was instead a foot coming into contact with the side of the mans head, sending him down the isle between the tables. She stood up again and straightened her hair while also pulling her jeans up a little higher. "Any other man wanna slap my bloody a**?" she asked and the men quickly turned away while a few of the women smiled enviously at her.

"Now, play another round and I think I should be good." she said as she went through the cards in her head. Luckily she had been trained to dance with both hands instead of just her right or just her left which allowed her to use her left hand instead of the broken one.

Auralia watched another round go by and decided that she wanted to join in. The men scooted away from Rollo willingly as another chair was brought over for her and the cards were dealt.

Rollo's head snapped around as a man slapped Auralia's butt. Auralia, you see, had befriended Rollo by some means, and he was loyal, even if a bit obnoxious. You didn't harass his friends. Ever. Letting out a low growl even after she had delivered a good blow, he turned back to the game. A round went by before Auralia joined. "Alright, so you know this is Spades, right? Popular game with the military, and seems we've got a few vets here," he observed, looking at the weary battle-hardened men with scars and weary haunted looks to them. "Spades are trump, but seems you know that?" he murmured, winking as he excused himself and came back with a beer. "Changed my mind. I'm not going to get drunk. That man back there finalized me decision, and honestly, I don't really want to drink that much," Rollo chuckled, looking at her from the corner of his eyes. He put in a lower bet now that she was playing. He wasn't sure how good she might be, and didn't really want to take any chances. The drunk men grumbled and tossed in a few coins. "I'll go nil," Rollo announced, getting several dazed/shocked/slightlypayingattentionbuttoodrunktoreallyunderstandwhatwashappening looks.

Auralia looked around the table and smiled at the men kindly. They were vets and deserved to be treated with respect..at least in her mind that was so and anyone to say any different would find an angry red head in their face. "Well, the thing is, I was waiting to see how things would go my friend. I've played a card game once or twice before and when you are playing against people that are desperate to win you out of your money, you tend to pick up things quickly." she said and when she had her cards ((OMG! I have no idea how to friggin play this game!)), she quickly shuffled them around in her hands then placed her bet. The bet was 40 and the others grudgingly matched her bet. The game went along nicely with ((and this is sheer luck at the moment and if you could go ahead and call the next three or four rounds that would be great!)) either Rollo or Auralia winning with the occasional other person winning. By the end, Auralia had won. Although, she didn't hoard it over the others but instead asked them if they wished to play another round. Most of them answered yes while a few others backed out to let new players in. Auralia took some of the winnings and grabbed herself a glass of wine and left enough money to have the wine keep coming if she so chose. It was a dark red wine that was rather dry, but had a sweet twinge at the end that left you wanting more of the wine. However she did alternate her wine with a large glass of water.

"Alright. You continue playing if you want. I think I'm going to leave this round, maybe walk around the carnival a bit, see the few stands still up," Rollo murmured, standing up and taking a sip of his beer before handing it to a waitress. "You don't seem to enjoy your job. Why not get a different one? Be your classic carnie, like manage the rides or... something," he suggested, shrugging. Several men glared at him. Rollo merely glared back even harder. "Anyway, really, why not? Seems to me they'd be a bit short on hand. 'S what they told me 'n Kolin, anyhow," he continued, shrugging. He crossed his arms defensively over his chest, prepared for an onslaught not from Auralia, but from the men around him. It seemed most of them liked watching women run around in skimpy clothing. "Really? Have you all no morals?" he muttered under his breath, shaking his head.

Auralia shook her head which was slightly fuzzy from the amount of wine that she had drank. "No more for me fellas." she said and stood up as well. "This would best be something discussed outside where men won't look like they'r gunna keel you." She said and sashayed (sp?) out of the tent to talk with Rollo. Her steps weren't as sure as normal but at least her body, especially her hand, didn't hurt anymore. "I'm not totally unhappy with the job. I used to have belly dancing performances so it isn't really all that new." She walked along a hand shooting out for balance every now and then but made sure not to touch Rollo, because Rollo did not like to be touched.

"Not only is it one of the higher paying because of the suspected danger, but also, knowing me, it's sometimes a comfort to be able to dance, which I love, and be with what I do best. And of course! That is to make fieyah!" she said and held a flame in her hand for a moment and then extinguished it. "I know I probably seem like a brazen hussie, but I'm not. To me it's just a job and just a stage." Her words were slightly slurred and she swayed every now and then as she walked but it was still nice to finally see the night life of the late night carnival. The lights were still bright and the rain had finally let up. "Sure is pretty." she said as she looked at the lights changing colors. "And the best part? My hand doesn't hurt anymore." she chuckled slightly then sighed. "I REALLY drank way to much...sorry." A solemn glance was directed at Rollo in apology.

Edited by LoveLost

"No, no, don't apologize. It's fine. I probably would've if I could stomach it," Rollo chuckled, one hand moving to her shoulder to try and steady her. "I don't dance. I could hold someone up in the air, but nothing... nothing that requires coordination," he continued, smiling. "A belly dancer, eh?" he murmured, and suddenly spun around to face her. He pulled her towards him and quickly kissed her, almost hungrily, and it was obvious he hadn't done this in a long time. Rollo pulled away just as quickly as he had kissed her, and stormed off, as if he were angry, but in truth he was angry at himself. Rollo had been thinking of Kolin, and nothing but his brother. He would gladly slaughter Auralia just to have Kolin back. He would to anything to have Kolin back.

That good for nothing sonofab*tch! (Wait, was that an insult also to him...?) He damn screwed up everything! Rollo tried to apologize and the little sucker didn't come down! What the hell was wrong with him! A low growl came from his throat, and he kicked the nearest item with his foot. Instantly pain washed over him, burning him, sending him cursing to the ground. His shoulders were rigid and it was obvious he was tense, and nothing but. It wasn't Kolin's fault. Kolin was young. Rollo should've known better than to explode on his own brother. He should've known better then to climb that tower and fall. But he didn't. He was stupid and immature, and had managed to screw up his relationship with his brother for god knows how long. And Rollo would never forgive himself, and maybe never forgive Kolin, but right now all he felt was guilt.

((Whoa! That's a twist!))

Auralia chuckled at Rollo's comment. "It takes a lot of going to the bathroom..." she said and then almost jumped when Rollo put his hand on her shoulder to try and steady her. HE was touching HER! She thought that he hated touching people other than Kolin and in that way it was brotherly. But here, he was helping her as a friend...

"I'm sure you could learn. Even the most uncoo...hmm...wobbly person can dance in some way...and yeah, a belly dan-" Is he kissing me? Oh my....sh*t he is kissing me! Wow...this is... At that point Rollo pulled away and Auralia realized that he was indeed hungry but he seemed angry too and hoped it wasn't at her. He kicked a trash can with his bad foot causing Auralia to wince as he fell to the ground cursing loudly. Poor dear. she thought to herself then sighed as she walked over to him.

No touching...no touching. She repeated over and over in her head as she tripped to a sitting position instead of gently sitting down. It was definitely NOT graceful or lady like but at least she was sitting and that dang swimming sensation was gone. She didn't say anything, instead she leaned back on her elbows and looked up at the sky that was starting to clear and show the wonderful nighttime stars and the moon.

"I bet you'd kill even me to have him back huh?" she asked him, not taking her eyes off of the stars. "I've never seen a pair of brothers as close as you two and yet so...well...I dunno." she burped slightly and sighed again as she looked fully on the moon that peeked out from a few clouds.

((Rollo would hate me if he was real. Seriously, I'm sooo terrible to him. xd.png))

"Mmm," Rollo merely grunted, standing up, brow still furrowed. "Different? We're terribly different. He's agile, I'm strong. I'm slightly responsible, he's anything but. He likes people, I don't. He's a lady's man, I'm... well, not," he filled in, the corner of his mouth twitching at his last comment. It was true, and terrifyingly so. He couldn't remember the last time a relationship between him and someone else had worked out. He hadn't been in a relationship for so long... Sighing, he rubbed his temples, getting an older look to his face. "I'm sorry, I acted on impulse. Before, I mean... Are you sure you're alright?" he asked, certain she would have slapped him when he kissed her had she been in the right mind. But she wasn't and it wasn't that Rollo found her to be 'the one' or even really someone he wanted to date -hell, he'd forgotten the feeling called 'love'- but he was testing something. He wanted to think about something else, to escape... But he couldn't. Rollo was a caged animal. Granted, as soon as he had neared her his brain shut off and he felt himself missing being that close to people, but that was over now. He would not act on impulse again. And besides, he had already found out what he needed to know. There was no escape from the hell he lived in. That is, other than finding the key named Kolin.

Edited by Packgoater

((lol and this is going to be a post where if Auralia wasn't drunk, she'd give me a total "WTF?!" look....buwahahahaha! Let's see how this one boils over...))

"I wasn't going to say different, but okay." she said still looking up at the sky then bending her neck backwards to look at him. "You sure did act like a ladies man when you kissed me." she said with a chuckle then sighed as she looked forward while people were putting up the stands and locking things up until the next day. As she stood up, she felt herself wobble a little bit, but she was okay.

"Ya know, I would have slapped you if I wasn't drunk." And if I hadn't have enjoyed it... "But it's okay...and I guess I'm fine. I'll have one h*ll of a headache in the morning though which is going to suck." Because of the alcohol, Auralia couldn't keep herself from feeling all the desperation from the day and then the kiss didn't help anything because she hadn't been kissed since her second year of highschool. To be honest, she wanted to kiss him again and with her inhibitors gone, she was going to.

If Rollo actually cared about the way that Auralia looked, he would probably find her beautiful. Probably a little to slim in her waist and possibly a little small in the chest, but other than that, she was strong in the arm and leg and her butt was also nicely rounded from years and years of dancing. In the moonlight, her hair seemed to glow with a creamy fire and it reflected gently on her bare shoulder and neck.

Better do this now before I chicken out....I hope he doesn't kill me... Auralia turned around a different look to her eyes as she quickly and decisively made her way right to Rollo and placed her hands on his chest as she tiptoed to his height and kissed him soundly even deepening the kiss by putting her hands on either side of his face. She took a step back and looked up at Rollo with her bright green eyes that had a somewhat sly, maybe apologetic, look to them at that moment.

Rollo chuckled, but suddenly looked down as she toughed him. And then kissed him. At first he recoiled but eased into it. He couldn't tell her his kiss to her was nothing but lies and tests and nothing that mattered. He couldn't betray or hurt a friend like that. So he kissed her back, relishing for the moment that beautiful feel of love and comfort, the beautiful feel of delusions. For that one moment he would allow himself the carefree demeanor his brother held, or the reckless unplanned chaos a drunken man might cause. He would allow himself this butterfly, this butterfly to which he was normally colorblind.

He looked at her with an unreadable look in his eyes as she pulled away and looked at him. Muttering softly to himself, he leaned back against a post as he looked at her. She was pretty, and he could see why Kolin had been drawn to her when they first met. But Rollo would give her up for his brother. He didn't hold much love for this girl to whom he was feeding delusions, nor did he want to lead her on anymore. But he had to, and maybe he could learn to love her, to open his eyes to her beauty. But Rollo was still blind. He had been hurt and torn to many times to see beauty in a creature that had mauled him so. the love he had felt for the others had only hurt him, their beauty only creating a surreal occurrence. And it was so. It never lasted long, always caused him much grief, and was highly unpleasant. So he had shut off his eyes to the beauty. He had closed himself off and locked all doors. No one would open them, not even Kolin. That was what Rollo had once promised himself. But now he would fling open all the doors, open Pandora's box, do anything so long as his brother were with him. But somehow he doubted this would happen.

((Unwind reference, ftw. xd.png))

((lol!))

Auralia smiled that half grin she did that seemed somewhat like an Anne of Green Gables smile that she had when doing something troublesome. "Well, I'm still alive." she said a little breathlessly and then looked down. "I probably shouldn't have done that" she said and fiddled with the edge of her ponytail which was hanging over her shoulder. "Not that I didn't enjoy it." she muttered beneath her breath.

"Would you say something? When you just look at me, it makes me nervous...'cause i can't even guess as to what is going through your head." she said with a slightly nervous chuckle. With the last of the people gone and other carnies asleep or at home, she formed her favorite thing to keep near her and allowed a few of them to flutter around; butterflies. To be honest, she wanted to kiss him again, and again, and again. She had to admit, it felt good and it felt right. He was kinda like the embodiment of how fire was to her. Explosive, random, fierce. No one had been that to her and finally she found someone that she could be a friend to, and maybe someday, more than that.

((Kinda short, sorry sad.gif ))

Edited by LoveLost

Rollo mentally slapped himself. And punched himself. And maimed himself in every which way possible. But on the outside he ever so slightly smiled his smile, and started forwards. But suddenly something slammed into his gut. Looking up, he thought it was Auralia at first. Until he saw the dark figure looming a little ways behind her. "Auralia-" he started, before launching himself at the creature. He barreled into it, getting it around the stomach and shoving it to the ground. "Hey Firebreather! I could use a bit 'o fire here!" he shouted, but noticed a few other Chasms around. Rollo looked around wildly for a weapon while grappling with his beast. And finally he had it, a tent stake that had never been put in, along with a hammer. He slammed the stake into the Chasm's heart and pounded it in. "Well, that was not only surprising but cliche as well," he snorted, turning to Auralia. "How many more does it look like?"

((Longer than this pitiful thing. D:))

((No really, I just added a space between mine to make it look longer wink.gif ))

Auralia was at first rather happy that Rollo was walking towards and had actually used her name for once instead of calling her firebreather, but that joy was soon gone when she realized that he was looking at something behind her. When she watched him lunge at what she had assumed to be an actual person, she found it to be a chasm. In a moment of horror she watched as he struggled with the chasm then a sigh of relief escaped her until Rollo drew her attention to the other chasms that were coming near them. "I uh...I can't think when I have had too much wine!" she said and then knew what she could do. More butterflies from pure fire surrounded her in a moments notice then flew out around them illuminating the area. "It's a lot, but not as many as last time." she said with some relief. With a devious grin, Auralia brought the butterflies each crashing home onto a chasm causing them to growl in pain. But before they could move again, Auralia caused more butterflies to form and surround them, making it easier to see the chasms. "I don't have many more outfits if I have to go phoenix again..." she said to Rollo and chuckled slightly. This was going to be fun. Drunk as all get out and having to fight chasms....oh the idiocy!

Auralia threw a fireball that missed a few chasms in front of them, but then hit one who wasn't paying attention. The sheer heat from the ball was enough to burn through the being and Auralia smiled as she stood in an oddly balanced position to fire another ball that was forming around her hand. "I can keep the area lit up...but you are going to have to do most of the fighting. if they get to close to you...I can try and light 'em up." she said with a slight grimace. Oh the joy! Tomorrow she was going to have a headache and a cold and an aching hand! Thank you very much!

!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!

The day had worn on slowly with Bruxa looking at her maching constantly. She was intrigued by the mystery of the chasms, but she wasn't going to admit that in any way, shape or form. How in the world could they have disappeared? Lunch was dry, and dinner was even worse since she was so focused on the problem and actually filled the area around their little home with machines that detected different things even if they were only slightly different. She could be seen hovering over each of them for a few minutes then turning to another and writing down notes in a little booklet. The lights of the carnival in the distance didn't really entice her as she concentrated, but something did entice her attention.

One machine that was rather large started to tick rather loudly and slowly for a time, but after a few minutes it ticked harder and faster making Bruxa's eyes open wide. The thing that Rollo and Auralia didn't know, was that the chasms that were with them, were only a few compared to that morning yes, but they had backup. They were merely sent in to tire them out. "RATH!!!!" Bruxa shouted as all of her machines started to go off. Some were silent and only blinked, but others had sounds and all were completely haywire. "Valadian, Charrid, Lance, you might wanna come see this."

Kolin had been stalking through the city, looking for his brother and the girl. It boiled his blood that Rollo had stayed with her. It wasn't fair. Kolin had been the one wronged by his brother, and yet his older brother was rewarded. That was how it always happened. Kolin would do something good, Rollo got the praise. Kolin did something bad? Oh, but Rollo must have done something doubly good. Life had never been fair to Kolin. And now it was kicking a downed man. He had lost everything when Rollo had left, but now he couldn't dream of ever gaining anything. Rollo had found a girl he liked and now his brother would no longer care that they were not together.

Kolin's face was a mask of utter anger and bitterness as he watched the two jealously. There were suddenly shadows, and the hair on the back of his neck shot up in response. These were bad shadows. They were ones that were dangerous. And, before Kolin could turn to fight them, one had thrown him from the rooftop. Kolin cursed so vividly, had Rollo been listening, he would have been utterly jealous.

Falling was surreal. It was a strange feeling. Not that he had never fallen before, but he had never been out of control as he fell. He watched as the buildings spun, and the shadows shot down towards him. Fear didn't exist, only grim determination. Determination to survive, if only to spite the creatures and his brother. To return and show his brother all that he had done wrong. That was all Kolin wanted. He wanted revenge. If Kolin had learned anything in his days, he would know that Rollo would always choose Kolin over anything else, but he had always been a slow learner. The end of the fall was abrupt. Far more so than Kolin had ever thought it would be. His back slammed hard against a smaller roof, knocking the wind out of him, but the momentum was still there. Kolin rolled off of the house and onto the street, this time face first. The fall brutalized him, he blacked out.

((Poor Kolin. The poor, poor mixed up child. xd.png

And he cursed enough to make Rollo jealous? Dang, he musta been pissed!))

Rollo shot Auralia a look. "How am I going to fight if I don't get close to them?" he snorted, smashing his elbow into the nearest Chasm. The man was unaware of his brother plummeting and falling, of Kolin seeing them and completely misunderstanding. All he was aware of was that these damn Chasms were here, his brother was gone, and this girl, this Firebreather thought he loved her. Love, what a sneaky b*stard it was. Leading you on, encouraging you, only to throw everything that mattered into your face and somehow screw with the only person nearby you. Who just happened to be female. Dammit! Things would be so much easier if Auralia was a man. Rollo would never have shared that moment with her just to try to distract himself, Kolin would have payed her no mind the first time they saw her, and thus none of this ever would have happened. But somehow Rollo knew that he had been holding in his feelings from his brother for far too long, and he was just bound to blow up on him at some point.

((Love? She doesn't think he loves her...she's drunk.))

((I'm sorry, but isn't a drunk red-head hilarious to anyone else?))

Auralia made a face at Rollo as he continued to fight. "Well I am very d*mn sorry! I can't do much unless you want me to burn my clothes off again....but it seems that's what you do want!" she said starting to get angry which was going to be somewhat of a good thing for them. Chasms were brutal beasts and it seemed that these ones were far better trained making it harder for Auralia to aim at them despite her drunkeness. In this state, she wouldn't be able to hold her phoenix form for more than an hour when normally she could hold it for several without even getting tired. "This is going to be fun." she mumbled as she quickly dodged behind an outhous, undressed and came back out as the fury of fire iteself. "Hello boys!" she shouted and ran to the nearest chasm and began to "dance" with it in the Brazilian Martial art (which is also a dancing style) of Capoeria. It took time to beat this bloody demon and as soon it was gone, another was there and she had to build up the heat of her fire quickly to save herself and to save time. The Chasm didn't come near her instead it went around behind her with another in front of her. She turned to the side and two more made the circle complete so she was surrounded on all sides. With a sudden burst of fire, she quickly cleared away two with pillars of fire from her hands and then did the same with the other two to keep herself safe.

((Wait I am confused, Lovey. Does Bruxa know who Rollo, Auralia and Kolin are, even?))

"What is it, Bruxa?" Rath glanced over her shoulder, and stared down at the small devices going haywire. "What's wrong with them?"

He fell silent, after watching one of them blank out.

"Chasms. AN DORCHADAS is here. Ohh, this is not good," He stated, and pressed his palms to the side of his head, an indication of panic, something that he didn't have commonly. At all. Valadian looked at him in surprise, and took one of the devices from Bruxa. "What is this supposed to mean?" He asked her, not bothering to tease at this moment, and he glanced at her with wide eyes. "Chasms." He said simply, and swung around and ran out the entrance, calling to Lance while doing so. "We're going to cream them," He promised, and without another word disappeared out of sight.

((Rollo thinks that she thinks that he loves her. xd.png Rollo's a confused idiot... *sigh*))

"I don't f*cking want you to strip! Hell I don't f*cking care, if you haven't noticed! I've never f*cking shown an interest in you, you ungrateful damn sow!" Rollo spat, temper flared. He threw a Chasm away from himself and adrenaline coursed through his veins as anger egged him on. "The only damn reason I... did what I did was to distract myself! And now you think yourself so high and mighty. B*tch," he growled, kicking the same Chasm away from him. These ones were stronger, Rollo noted. He would have to be careful. Not even he could kill these things that easily, and worse, they seemed to be getting harder and harder to fight as time went on. As if they were purposely wearing him down...

He had been punching and otherwise mauling this same Chasm for a good five minutes now, and it was obvious he was tiring. The adrenaline was gone now that the initial shock and anger wore off, and he was starting to see he was fighting a loosing battle. Every time a Chasm was defeated there was another to take it's place. It wouldn't be long before they were overwhelmed. There had to be a way out, somehow. He swung a punch at a Chasm, but it didn't react any differently than it would have to someone else. Rollo felt much weaker, and suddenly tired. The unnaturally strong man had worn himself out, and it was showing with weary eyes and a tense grimace. Oh what on earth was he to do?

((No she doesn't. It was to give more of a background to what was going on with Auralia and Rollo ))

"What?! What the h*ll? You idiot! I wasn't meaning it that way. Disgusting! No! And high and mighty? yeah compared to you you back sliding a**!" she screamed at him over the sound of the roaring flames that coarsed over her body. "Why do all men have to be so d*mn difficult!" she said as she sliced through the neck of a chasm with a blade of fire but found it to not be as effective as she wanted it to be. "This isn't good Rollo." she said aloud as another Chasm and yet another seemed to appear. She backed up towards Rollo not wanting one of them to get behind her and knowing that Rollo was weakening didn't help her that much at all. For a moment, she wished that she hadn't even been given her abilities, but that was soon gone when she remembered her ability to super heat her feet which allowed her to fly...but she couldn't carry them both and she wasn't going to do that to Rollo...he was her friend. "What a h*luva way to die." she said as she did her best to throw increasingly weak fireballs at her enemies.

((Where did Rath go...I have no idea how to post Bruxa smile.gif ))

((Guys, there's an OOC thread? I'd like for it to be used. :3 xd.png))

Valadian arrived at the carnival to witness a girl with a fire blade and another guy fighting the chasms that were growing all around them. What is going on? Valadian could see them rising all around them, their presence filling the entire area. There were so many, Valadian couldn't even see the background around it; there were some so tall that Valadian could see the moon behind the semi-transparent body of one.

"Move!" He shouted to the two gypsies, as he could tell, and he ran in front to help them. His right eye flashed a bloody red and one of the shadows reeled over, and flopped on the floor, oozing and disappearing. His head ached, and he lost his balance for a moment, regaining but having a sense of strange lethargy to accompany it. It wasn't very good for him to use his ability to attack, but he was willing to do it if another gypsy was suffering.

Rath groaned when Valadian impulsively rushed off, for his power wasn't used much for attacking, and her was generally a very passive person. He was afraid that he'd be attacked and killed, so he simply walked out of the Caravan in the direction of the chasm attack. "Bruxa, are you coming? Charrid, stay there and watch the Caravan." He stated over his shoulder, but didn't wait for replies. If Bruxa chose not to go that was her decision, but they needed all the help they could get. He could sense that there was something, something very complicated going on that even he couldn't quite place.

The moonlight was tainted by a chasm rising up to the sky. It was unusual to see so many around a small clearing, so many that he wasn't even able to count them.

Lance grinned eagerly when Valadian called for him. He was getting rather tired of sitting down and twiddling his thumbs. “Alright! Let’s go get them!” Lance replied as he followed Valadian. When they reached the carnival, Lance saw a whole group of Chasms attacking what looked like a girl on fire and a guy. They seemed to be on their last legs as the Chasms attacked. There were a lot of them and Lance was not sure if they can take them all. Valadian attacked one of the shadows and it oozed to the floor. Lance saw Valadian lurched slightly before recovering. Lance knew Valadian’s ability was not really good for attacking and he lose no time to help. Lance inhaled slowly as a cloud of small sharp objects appeared in front of him. Small knife blades, pieces of glass, an odd piece of junk or two, bottle caps, there were all kinds of small things. He exhaled all at once and the objects flew out with surprising speed and pierce the shadows nearest to him. These objects seemed to have a life of their own as they shred through the shadows repeatedly. “Hey you guys!” Lance shouted at the couple, “Let’s get out of here fast. I’m not sure how long we can hold them!” The shadows had noticed Valadian and Lance and were turning their efforts towards them. Lance coolly shred through a shadow which had gotten close. The shadow was left in tatters and it will be a while before it can materialize again if it still could.