lachrymation

The Caravan

Kolin smiled. It was always fun to see how far he could go. He walked to the bag himself and crouched down over it, retrieving the pain killers and popped a couple into his mouth. Of course, like the good former addict that he was, he never stopped to read the bottle. For all he knew, he could have been taking estrogen pills. Popping the cap back on, he threw the bottle into the bag and hefted it over his shoulder. He looked over at the young man who had just introduced himself. "My friend, you must not have much knowledge about women," Kolin started walking towards where Auralia had disappeared, grinning back at the other men. "If you ever think you may possibly want them back, your best bet is to put on a brave face and chase after them. They hold grudges longer than any other creature and never forget what you did wrong. Worse thing is, they never tell you what you did wrong, just wait there for you to figure it out yourself."

In more than a simple good mood, Kolin continued walking. Before he saw her, he turned back to face his brother and Garrett. "Oh, and maybe it's just me, but I thought that a Devil girl might be particularly helpful should we run into any more of those things," He said wryly before looking for the girl who had left. When he found her, mind you it wasn't hard to find a flaming girl, he took his time. "Hey, listen, we're just being stupid. You know how guys are. I get worse 'round Rollo. But," He shrugged. "Well, to be honest, I can't go to the hospital. There will be a whole debate over what to do with me, y'know. 'Should we lock him up? He's 18 now,' Nonsense. I mean, really. But, anyhow, what I'm trying to ask you is this. Will you help me out and at least make sure that I'm not going to keel over in the next few seconds? In return, I'll let you have my shirt..." His grin was wicked, but he didn't mean it to annoy her. It was yet another one of his jokes.

Rollo had knowledge of women, he just was really bad near them. Even when he wasn't with Kolin he tended to be obnoxious, rude, and had a knack for spitting insults at people. And to make matters worse, he often was to proud or 'just' to apologize. Rollo always knew what he did wrong. But he always felt that they overreacted or didn't bother apologizing because while he was doing so he'd probably fling an insult at them again. So he had given up as of late. For over a year he hadn't dated anyone, spent a decent amount of time around any women, and had just given up.

So when Kolin went to apologize to the girl, Rollo didn't dare follow, knowing he'd probably screw that up. Instead he looked at Garrett, shrugging. "I sure as hell aren't going to take that to her. You might be bad with women, but I guarantee I'm worse. Things just don't... work out between me and them. Usually on my part," he muttered, rubbing the back of his neck.

Auralia had been searching and searching for a tarp in the rain. Not many people had them and the only ones were tied down with those plastic ties. She could burn right through them, but it would take time to burn all of them unless she increased her fire which would wake people up and yadda yadda yadda! In her frustration though, she did manage to singe a few lawns but her search for a tarp was interrupted by the same cheeky annoying ba**ard that had called her the Devil in the first place.

At first, Auralia wasn't too keen on listening to Kolin, but he seemed to be either apologizing...and there was that idiotic smile that made her want to slap him and scorch him at the same time. He was cheeky, way to cheeky and it was infuriating. If he had a girlfriend, she was sure that she would have been in love with it, but not Auralia. This young woman was difficult...very difficult when it came to guys. Those that she had interacted with were all the timid ones that she couldn't stand. They had always been around her because of her instant mothering that she did and the tougher guys always felt intimidated by her even when she spoke softly.

"First things first, I have really interacted with any guys for a year. I graduated highschool and that was it....I left. And second you can keep your d*mn shirt because I am sure that all you want to see is me somewhat naked and show off your own self. Am I right?" she sighed and began searching for a tarp again. "I'll still help you though...I don't want anyone passing out because of me." she said her voice somewhat soft, and somewhat guilty at the same time. She truly meant it too. She didn't want Kolin suffering because of her own idiocy at calling for help. That little boy was injured, Rollo, Kolin, Garrett...what was it with boys?!

A small exclamation of happiness escaped Auralia as she found a tarp that wasn't attached to anything and much to her joy, it was clean! She stepped behind a solid fence and slowly powered down as she wrapped herself in the tarp. When she stepped back out, her slim figure was hidden behind the rolls of tarp. Her hair was dry for a moment, but as the rain continued to pour, it was soon damp again. But the oddest thing, was the transition from bright amber, to dark green in her eyes. "Besides, you wouldn't want your shirt stretched out would you?" she stated knowing that that was her one tease that she would pull with him.

((Sorry, super long post!))

'..."Not have knowledge of women"?! "Want them back"?!'

Garrett's lip curled indignantly. These men were incredibly arrogant--even more arrogant than he was! They knew nothing about him, and frankly he liked to keep his personal life private, but now he simply felt insulted.

Besides, why the hell would he 'want her back'?! The woman was a walking bonfire. Worse than a pyromaniac. He wanted to keep her as far away from him as possible.

Heck, the mere thought of coming within a foot of those flames sent a shiver up his spine. Oh, how he hated fire.

Garrett blinked, suddenly realizing that Rollo had said something. He quickly scanned his memory to find out what, and sighed. "Relationships are difficult," he replied, raising his eyebrow. Truly, his father had taught him more than he ever wanted to know about charming a woman into his bed...but Garrett was at a loss for what to do in a real relationship. It made sense, considering what kind of family life he'd grown up with. "But if you know what you're doing wrong, then I'd think it would only be a matter of time before you corrected your behavior."

Kolin looked down at his shirt and shrugged, grinning. "Yeah, I suppose I don't want it to be. My only shirt right now. But," He looked at the bulging lump in his pocket. It was a lot of change and cash mixed together. From his early performance, and a few others of course. He looked up at the girl and shook his head. "I may be loose of the tongue, but I'd never take off my shirt just to show off." He lifted the tank top up slightly to show her. Clearly, his skin was pale almost sickly, and he was skinny. There was nothing to show off there other than the lack of body fat. "If you want to see someone who has something to show off, convince Rollo to take his shirt off." He laughed at the thought. Rollo already didn't like her, she would just be further in the hole if she even suggested that Kolin had said he was ripped.

Rollo shrugged at Garret. "One would think. But when I get going, I can't really stop. It's... difficult. Even when I'm in a good mood I manage to screw everything up. I don't really know why... it's just how I've always been. My mother was probably the only one who could stand me for a prolonged period of time, and now that I'm older I realize my dad only did because I was good a football. I was like the football jock he always wanted me to be," he snorted, making a face, though his eyes seemed slightly sad. "Anyway, things just don't work out. Never have," Rollo said, his eyes quickly snapping back to their harsh demeanor. He didn't know it, but his grumpy mood was highly affected by his power. He was naturally an ass, but even more so because of his powers. "And half of the time I can't or don't remember what I've done. By the look on your face I'd assume you've had some difficulties too?"

"You could say that," Garrett said carefully. He was mentally debating exactly how much he wanted to tell this man. After all, he'd just met him. There was no need to bare his soul at the drop of a hat.

"My father had quite a...reputation among the local women. He didn't care much for my mother--or myself, I guess. As long as I didn't make him look bad in front of his rich fellow playboys."

Garrett frowned and tugged on one of his earrings, mentally berating himself. For wanting to be careful about giving away any information, those few sentences had revealed quite a lot.

"But that's no one's concern!" he said stiffly, folding his arms and looking to the side.

((Wow you guys are fast! Now, can I just say something really quick: Remember that most people don't even know what Gypsies were. Well, when they hear gypsies, they think of those dancing people.. So just keep that in mind. ^^wink.gif)

"Someone has some daddy troubles they don't want to talk about eh?" he murmured, eyes dancing. Rollo worked his jaw. "After what my father did to Kolin I'm no fan of them. My dad liked me, but again, only because I was some jock," he said, rolling his eyes. "One would think you'd be all over a naked woman then, but you're not your father, are you? No, I would suspect you two are quite different people, judging on the way you talk about it," he muttered, pacing. "And what exactly are you expecting me to do with that information? You're as antsy as a cat with a stick up his ass," Rollo snorted, shaking his head.

"I prefer to keep my personal life just that: personal," Garrett replied smoothly. "So you'll have to excuse me if I get antsy when people begin to pry. I doubt you would appreciate having someone sticking their nose into your business, either." Garrett raised his eyebrow slightly. He hated to admit it, but he was a bit curious about this man and his brother. Especially after hearing some of Rollo's statements. "Besides, she wasn't a 'naked woman' so much as she was a living flamethrower," he said blandly.

((Sorry to post entirely OOC, but I am going to be gone for a while but I will post when I get back. And Lac, that's why I made sure to re state over and over again that she was guessing as much as she could. She doesn't know if it is true or not. It's kinda like the only thing she has to believe in because of her powers. Since she doesn't know what to believe in that leads to the conclusion of her having them.))

"I wasn't prying, I was merely stating that you probably had troubles too. I never asked any questions," Rollo pointed out, grinning. Perhaps he would learn to get along with this man. "True. Honestly, I don't like fire all that much. A bit warm for my liking. I prefer it cold," he responded, shrugging. Rollo began humming again. "Before we go, Kolin, we need to stop and pick up my guitar!" he shouted over to his brother, his fingers on his right hand drumming a rhythm on his leg. "So... you got any hobbies besides skateboarding?"

"Skateboarding??" Garrett actually chuckled when he heard this. "Oh, that's not a hobby, really. It's just faster than two feet and less expensive than a car." He shrugged. "I've been trying my best to make my money stretch as far as it can go."

After all, he didn't want to rely on his father's bank account all the time--or his own, for that matter.

"But as for hobbies...well, I have a few." Garrett adjusted the strap on his backpack with a small grimace before continuing. "I like to gamble. Dice games, Black Jack, Cribbage...I never go anywhere without dice and a deck of cards. And the occasional drink is always welcome, too." He snickered.

Rollo shrugged. "I don't normally gamble. There's been occasions, but usually when I was with cousins who were in the military. Back when I was interested in enrolling we hung out some, but cards weren't terribly high up on what we did. And if we did play, it was usually spades," he replied, crossing his arms. "I've never been a drinker. Half of the time when I'm angry, people think I'm drunk. It normally takes quite a bit to convince them otherwise. And again, when I did drink it was with my cousins. I've never gotten drunk and never plan on it. Hell, if I'm this bad already d'you think I'm gonna see what I'm like when I'm drunk? Oh no," Rollo said, shaking his head. He was still considering the military, but not very seriously after he realized his brother most certainly wouldn't enroll with him. Kolin never had seemed like the kind who wanted to handle a gun and fight for his country, and Kolin was Rollo's only real family. His cousins went off awhile back and Rollo hadn't seen them since, though he hoped they would make it out okay.

Auralia chuckled as well and finally, for once all day, she actually smiled. "Do you think I want the real devil after me?" she asked him as she grabbed another tarp and tucked it underneath her arm. "The differences between you two is astounding. Agility and strength. Brains and brawn..." another smile escaped her before she grabbed her duffel bag from Kolin and made her way over to where the other two men were, but not before thanking Kolin for bringing her her bag.

Once there, she looked around the alleyway and sat up the tarp so that they could all sit down and stay dry. "Cummon." she stated to them and once Kolin was there, she motioned for him to sit down as she pulled out the rubbing alcohol so that she could clean the wound.

"I'm sorry to everyone for the way I stormed off....it wasn't, well it wasn't right. I shouldn't have been as angry, but I tend to get a little bit...uhm..." she laughed nervously and lightly "fiery for a lack of a better word when I am fully flamed." With a slightly and equally nervous gesture, Auralia brushed her hair back from her face then tightened the strap above her bust, and then the one underneath her bust. This thing was not going to fall off!

Bruxa rolled her eyes. If they didn't move those chasms would...hold on a second....she thought about how they had suddenly disappeared and wondered if they were recalled and decided to make her own device. Luckily for her, she always kept spare batteries. But she didn't dare create another device inside where Charrid was, so instead she stepped outside into the rain and created the machine out of thin air. The machine itself didn't look like any sort of machine that you would think of, but it did have gears and gyros inside that rotated the air pressure inside of it. What it did, was basically search for the shadow material that made up chasms...if she was right, there they were, and then they were gone, but this time, their mere existence was gone. She would tell Rath about this later, but she was still worried. Had they found some sort of strong group of unfound gypsies? Well, to be honest, they WERE found but the An Dorchadas...which was a very bad thing.

"Hey Rath, can I talk to you for a minute?" she said while also moving underneath a little canopy that extended over the side of the caravan that way she wouldn't be soaked.

Edited by LoveLost

"If there's anything I understand, it's anger. For the average person, anger burns brightly, usually in short bursts, but there's occasions where someone is dumping fuel on that fire. I don't know about you, but for me it's like... Like there's a constant supply of twigs, with some larger logs and sometimes even a gallon of propane or two occasionally dumped on it," Rollo replied to the girl, sympathizing. "Least you didn't hurt anyone. Honestly, this morning I would've cleaved your dead clean off if my brother hadn't been there to stop me. There are moments when it gets really hard, unbearable even, to contain myself. And the moment I release it my havoc empties upon whoever might be near, and my wrath, be it my fist, voice, or written words, takes it's revenge on easy prey.

((Have to click these cause they are funny..... Okay this is Garrett, and this is kinda how I see Rollo and Kolin))

Auralia practically gaped at Rollo as he responded to her while stepping underneath the tarp ((I think?)). Finally, somebody who understood what it was like to always have that flame ready to burst and having to control it. Maybe he didn't control it, but then again maybe he did, how was she to know? It was obvious that he had to control it at one time or another, or else she really would have been a goner and he would have been burnt badly which would have ended up horribly.

Auralia looked away from Rollo after blushing. She had realized that she had been staring at him as he explained what she herself felt most of the time; she ha just gotten used to ignoring it. "Sorry about that earlier...i can get pushy." she stated then looked at her hand. It was going to take some time to reset those bones and get them so that she could use the hand again and work. But right now, all she needed were a few painkillers and some muscle control so that she could take care of Kolin's head and her own scratches and whatever else the others had.

Edited by LoveLost

"Fire is a horrible analogy," Garrett muttered sourly under his breath, with an arrogant sniff. "But it does fit in this situation..." He entered the small enclosed space under the tarp on Rollo's heels, sitting as far away from Auralia as possible. Even when she wasn't lit up, she made him nervous. Not that he'd ever admit to that.

Garrett sighed and rubbed his eyes with his thumb and forefinger. "...well. This was all very unexpected, to say the least," he remarked.

No, that was a lie. Or was it? He could recall those monsters from his memories...but not the memories from today. Memories from an extremely old dream...

His vision blurred and his eyes slid out of focus. Garrett blinked, but his sight didn't return. "...those things are called Chasms," he mumbled. "I don't know how I know that...but I do. And there's more of them. Hunting..." he frowned and blinked again, his eyes refocusing. "Hunting us. Not just us--others. Other people." He grimaced and rubbed his forehead. "I don't think we're out of the woods yet."

Something told him that his troubles had only just begun.

((This is Rollo xd.png and Kolin These were the actual pictures we used. Koke found hers first and I spent a ridiculous amount of time finding a picture that could pass as his brother. xd.png))

Rollo looked at Garret. "Which was exactly why I used it," he snapped. "Believe me, I know all about analogies. You can't write songs if you're stupid or ignorant in the way of your own language," Rollo scoffed, shaking his head. Then he turned to Auralia. "If I remember it correctly it was I whom pushed you, not the other way around. Damn, I was pissed too. I wanted you to go already so we could get outta there. I was more angry at my brother, and took it out on him later too, though I didn't mean to. Well not as much as I did, that is," he chuckled, dark eyes glinting. Suddenly Garret was saying something, something strange. "Chasms? I don't mind calling them that, and of course they'd be hunting more than just us. We're not exclusively special. They're probably bloodthirsty creatures trying to get the easiest prey that they can, like every other living creature out there. Isn't it funny how terribly lazy nature seems to be? Until a natural disaster's there to wake everything up and make them alert?" Rollo mused, calm for now but it was only a matter of time...

((lol I know. That's just kinda the people that they remind me of based on their looks AND abilities....Rollo just really reminds me of Kenpachi....Garrett of Flynn Rider, and then Kolin of Altair))

Auralia glared at Garrett as he stated that fire was a horrible analogy. Fire? Horrible? Ha! Others didn't understand the beauty of combustion and raw anger and passion...no one. While Rollo and Garrett spoke, she grabbed some duct tape out of her bag. Another moment and she popped her pinky back into place and wrapped it firmly with duct tape and did the same for the finger after the same left hand pinky. "Ya know, fire isn't as bad as you think." she directed towards Garrett, her words biting and seeming to be held back.

However, Rollo spoke about analogies...and songwriting? Well that one threw her for a loop. This guy with such anger management issues, like she was one to talk, had a love to write songs? Wow, they had more in common than she thought it was actually almost creepy. She lisstened to the rest of what he was saying, which was almost starting to sound like an apology but she couldn't be sure. "I didn't mean it literally Rollo...I meant that I can get pushy with my words. I get all flames and 'passion' when I become physical." Another small laugh escaped her, causing her green eyes to light up at the pun that had again come across with fire.

But when, Garrett began to speak about things that even she didn't know and was rubbing his temples, she looked at him and chuckled. How could he have known those things and how could he have not known them before unless he was some sort of gypsy? Unless he did have an ability that would help them? Others being hunted by those, Chasms, and being treated like they had been. It was almost frightening to find that there would be enough of those Chasms to hunt others but that also meant that there were several of them.

Kolin was obeying everything told to him. As the night wore on, he found himself having trouble concentrating. However, whenever he heard Rollo's voice, he would turn his head to see what his brother was talking about. It appeared that they were talking about anger. He couldn't join the conversation. His worst emotion was just bits of anger. Small fits that were quickly extinguished. Kolin had only had one moment when he wasn't paying attention. That moment was what got himself and Rollo into the position they were in now. He had been drunk too, of course, so that hadn't helped at all. Kolin sat down on the ground in front of Auralia, waiting patiently for someone to tell him to do something or to address him in some way. His eyes darted from Rollo, to Garrett (whose name he still did not know) and back to Auralia. "So, are we gonna figure this out? I'd like to be all stitched up so we can leave. We've spent too much time in this town anyway," He muttered. Kolin got uncomfortable when he spent too much time in one place. It was important to him to keep moving. Even more so now due to those shadow things.

((Kolin=Altair <3 I'm so pleased now. xd.png))

Auralia jumped slightly at what Kolin said and nodded. "Sorry." she mumbled as she looked at the back of his head. Luckily for him, she was able to control fire therefore everything she handled would be sanitary. "Just bare with me...this is going to sting and hurt." she said almost apologetically. This girl was far to apologetic....

At first she placed a towel around Kolin's shoulders then pulled a bottle of water out of her bag. The water was used to gently cleanse away an debris and she used the corner of the towel to gently scrub at the wound. No infections while she was around! It took a minute for her to clear his hair out of the way with a small pair of scissors but when she was finished, the wound was slightly larger than she had suspected. Alcohol was then used to sanitize the wound to make sure that everything was dead in that area and as soon as she was done cleaning it with the alcohol, she used water again to dull the stinging.

She stopped for a moment, not wanting Kolin to pass out right there in her lap. "This is what is going to hurt the most." she warned and her eyes took a slight fiery gleam to them and her right pointer finger took on a slight glow. She quickly scalded the flesh but didn't burn it. It was enough heat to make sure that any bacteria from the water didn't get into the wound.

From her bag, she pulled some surgical thread and a needle and quickly started to stitch up the head wound that continuously stared at her until she sewed up the last little bit. "All done." she said and made sure to hand Kolin another pain pill making sure that he didn't have anything to worry about pain wise. "Just make sure that you rinse it every day." she said not knowing whether or not she wanted to leave the city or not...

Kolin winced at the pain. He grunted, however when she burnt his scalp. He squeezed his eyes shut and his breath came in like a hiss. It was over quickly though and he took the painkiller gratefully. He popped it into his mouth and turned his body to face Auralia. "Thanks, I appreciate it. I can't do hospitals. 'Specially since I had a drink or two an hour or so ago. Still have that alcohol in my blood. I don't have time to be arrested. And now there's these creeps chasing us, well... I mean... They've been chasing us for a while. Now Rollo knows why I always want to be on the move. It's kind of dangerous. One time, see, I was climbing for fun. Just a building, mind you. And then one of those shadow dudes shoved me. Luckily for me, I'm very quick to react. I survived unscathed, but it shook me badly," He sighed and shrugged his shoulders. "To be honest, whenever I get a bad feeling I leave. It usually means those things are following us."

((When Rollo's mad I always think of Jack from the Shining, back when Jack was mostly normal, specifically the scene he was at the typewriter and shouting at his wife. Mostly the way Jack smiled while hissing through his teeth, and the way his eyes flashed and the totally insane look on his face. xd.png So The Shining is my inspiration for Rollo! xd.png))

Rollo briefly tensed as he listened to Auralia speak. Didn't she know how to take an apology? Brief irritation flickered in his eyes. He grunted, and shook his head as she pulled Kolin and started to sew him up. "Yes, yes, don't gloat that you actually have a reason and that you were right," he growled. Anyone that had seen Rollo in his worst state would realize he was beginning to sour and get into a bad mood. "Kolin, let's grab a car. She doesn't seem like she wants to come," he said, gesturing to Auralia, "So let's go by ourselves. It'll be better like this anyway. Come on then, let's rent a car and pick up our things. Mainly, my guitar?" Rollo prodded, clearly wanting to leave as much as Kolin. "I don't like people. you always manage to pick up a few people when we go. I don't want to. I don't want to deal with anyone," the elder brother growled through his gritted teeth, his mouth plastered into an angry smile that bared white teeth.

Kolin stood up quickly, pausing when his world began to swim because of the blood rushing to his head. As soon as the world stopped moving, he turned his gaze to Rollo. He recognized the tone in his brother's voice and the look on his face. It was time to take him away from the others. "Yeah, Rollo. It's time to leave. So, if we meet again, promise you won't bring shadow guys," He grinned at Auralia. The grin was more mournful than happy. Kolin was a people person, but Rollo was easily angered. When it came down to it, though, Kolin would rather leave people than let Rollo blow up on someone. "Don't know where we're headed next." He shrugged. Looking at Rollo, he smiled a twinkling in his eyes. "How about this time we join the local carnival? They're moving tomorrow and it'll be a good time. Remember? I was a carnie for a while. It's fun. C'mon. Just once, Rollo."