kittygrl

Gandalf or Dumbledore

Gandolf or Dumbledore?  

254 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

gandalf hands down he is way cooler he knows elves and dwarves and hobbits so ha he rules and can speak more langages and he helped desroy the ring what elce well he is just awsome freaking awsome thats all

NOES! I meant to vote for Dumbledore but accidently pushed nall vote T.T I say Dumbledor because he was rather kind (Even if he was plotting to have Harry killed from the beginning, but then of course I think he knew Harry would have the choice to come back) he has awesome magical powers. Ran a magic school. Was Voldemort's only fear. And he has five names that are only his names, not nick names xd.png

I'll admit that I never made it all the way through the Lord of the Rings series, but I just love Dumbledore. Actually, it's because he's so human. I love that he turned out to have so many flaws, just like the rest of us. I think it was awesome character development from JK. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't see that happen so much with Gandalf, which makes sense because other people are saying he's some other race...

Dumbledore. He's awesome.

And J.K Rowling revealed that he was homosexial. What's not to love about a powerful magic gay guy?

dumbledore obviously, because i have no idea who gandalf is...now i feel stupid

It should be a crime for kids to read Harry Potter before reading Lord of the Rings. Honestly tongue.gif check it out, start with The Hobbit.

A vote, when you barely know what you are voting for or why, is not really a proper vote. smile.gif In voting one should make an informed decision.

I say Gandalf, is the best his knowledge, keen sense of what is -what needs to be and how to bring it about are very important. Yes, he alone faced the Balrog. Remember he was not keen on going to the mines but left it to Frodo to decide. His death and transformation from Gandalf the grey to Gandalf the white probably gives him more powers in a wizardly way. He also warned Frodo about Gollum and the part he had to play and to pity him.

Someone said Gandalf should have fought more brought down the towers. Really, a truly wise Wizard like Gandalf probably knows when to use his impressive powers, such as using his skills to drive out the King's curse. He does not overuse them when, he probably very much aware that others are up to,and capable of the task and may need that victory for themselves. Galdalf uses his powers when needed and others wise just fights alongside his friends with only proper fighting skills - not necessarily using magic.

I read the Harry Potter books seen most of the movies, Dumbledore never really stood out to me as being that great. He was a Wizard in a world of wizards, true he was taken from Hogwart's and managed to return, he died and came back. He helped Harry grow and helped him to his end battle with Voldemort.

But really, Gandalf did all that and more long before Dumbledore was ever heard of. Gandalf has stood the test of time, as Tolkien wrote those books many years ago, and will Harry Potter books become the classic that the, Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings are and have been for years.

I voted Gandalf, but he won very narrowly- VERY narrowly, and only because I thought what he did with the pinecones and the wolves in The Hobbit was pretty d*mn cool... He reminds me of- and was partly based on- Odin from Norse Myth, a mysterious and powerful figure who's generally benevolent but has a temper and a darker side, and knows more than he lets on. And he once (or was it twice) rode a giant eagle, which is definately awesome.

But on the other hand, Dumbledore was the only one Voldemort was afraid of and managed to outwit or simply beat the Dark Lord for years- even in death he beat him, since the Elder Wand was never truely Voldemort's and anyway he WANTED to die like that. He didn't come back from the dead- unless you count the painting- or ride 'the King of Horses' but he did have a pet phoenix.

I had a really hard time deciding, because I love both series very much. I chose Gandalf because of this quote that I love so much(or at least this is mostly how it goes) "(Gandalf pulls Sam from the bushes and yells at him for eavesdropping) I ain't been droppin no eaves sir!"

Yoda.

WIN!

Anyways, sure Gandalf is an Istari, and is so powerful and so on. We're told about this in the books but we never actually see him doing anything else than a simple light spell (which in D&D is level 0 or level 1 if I recall correctly).

And Dumbledore... he has been using Harry for his own interests. In the end, he was no better than anyone else, no matter what he said.

So I vote neither. I'd rather go with Yoda too. xd.png

It should be a crime for kids to read Harry Potter before reading Lord of the Rings. Honestly tongue.gif check it out, start with The Hobbit.

I'm a kid, I read Lord Of The Rings, and I hated every second of it. Of course, I'm also the kid who is obsessed with Eragon, the series hated by about everyone.

Oh yeah, and I voted Dumbledore.

EDIT MANY MONTHS LATER: I re-read the first book of LOTR. Loved it SO MUCH. Eragon is still my favorite book though, and LOTR is a close second. Wish I could re-vote though. >.<

Edited by GoingUnder71

After a long and hard think about it I chose Gandalf!

Why: He is more powerful, he's there at the end and does not die, he becomes the white wizard, he has an awesome fight scene, He rides eagle things, ect ect ect biggrin.gif

Dunno, Gandalf and Dumbledore are both more epic than I could ever wish to be.

Okay, I really like them both, but I was a HUGE fan of Gandalf before Dumbledore had even been heard of by anyone but Rowling and anyone she may have talked about her books to.

White text just in case people haven't read the books or seen the movies: I mean, when Gandalf died, I had to put the book down for WEEKS before I could get back into it. When Dumbledore died, I was bummed, sure... But I wasn't devastated.

So yeah, I really like them both, but my loyalties definitely lie with Gandalf.

I'm a kid, I read Lord Of The Rings, and I hated every second of it. Of course, I'm also the kid who is obsessed with Eragon, the series hated by about everyone.

Oh yeah, and I voted Dumbledore.

Wait. There are actually people that hate Eragon?!