El3m3nt

The Elder Scrolls

i think that i like the Shiver isle the best. i just think that its too funny. "Cheese for everyone!" i like to get wabbajack and go there. xd.png though i don't think it works on the madness god.

Played Oblivion... It was my first Elders Scroll, and I played over 300 hours and still haven't beaten the game. Got Skryrim, feel in love at first sight. I love dragons!

Dark Elfs all the way!

I love how they kept the Shivering Isles voice actor for Sheogorath in Skyrim.

It warmed my heart to hear the same courtly, at times insane, accent of Sheogorath.

I can't say I'm a fan of his apperance, but who are we to doubt the Mad God?

I have Oblivion, and I'm getting Skyrim for Christmas. Oblivion didn't do too much for me, but I'm hopeful for Skyrim.

Skyrim did what???

bear with me here...

(...) In the D&D universe, called Dragonborn. They are dragons that are humanlike in appearence but are fully dragon. They are not a hybrid, just evolved in that manner.

user posted image

user posted image

Dragonborn = DnD idea

Dragonborn (also =) the hero in Skyrin

Shouts in Skyrim means you say "fire" and stuff burns...

... haha... it should be "Brinsingr" not "vor"

wait wat?

user posted image

Skyrim's stealing ideas from DnD AND Eragon books...

user posted image

@thaenor

Or, you should read the lore and get your facts straight before immediately going "THEFT THEFT WE'VE GOT A THIEF."

The dragonborn in the Tamrielic lore was a human(oid) that was born with the soul of a dragon, (s)he was NOT a dragon.

Also, when you Shout, you're yelling in the language of dragons, who have been blessed with the ability to speak Words of Power, and you can do so easily because of your dragon soul. Normal human(oid)s can Shout as well if they have years and years of training.

Brisingr doesn't have to be shouted, or even necessarily said out loud.

DnD Dragonborn are a race of bipedal dragon humanoids.

Nice try, but get your facts straight next time.

Edited by Getpwned

Firstly let me say I don't really care much about this.

I knew already that wasn't stolen ideas from other games or stories because, even if they were the companies that owned DnD and Eragon books would have already sued the ass of Bethesa softworks (pardon the language but you know it's true)

What I did there was an attempt at some comedy. To the fact that the ideas seem inspired in other stuff.

Having booth things called "Dragonborn" is funny, and you are mostly right about their lack of relation. But STILL, they have the same name.

However, the facts around the Shouts do seem like a copy of the Eragon books.

In the Eragon story they have the "ancient language" in which what they say always happens. For instance if I were to say "that rock will be torn to pieces" (and the story's principles were applied that is) the rock would be torn to pieces at the expense of my energy.

What happens in Skyrim is that you have the same power has the dragons and you shout words like "fire" and shoot fireballs. That seems very similar to the Eragon books.

I still love the Eragon books and like Skyrim either way.

But I must warn you folks that are reading this,

Eragon + Skyrim = not good combination.

In Eragon - Dragons are scarce, and there are only a few, "loved" by everyone to some extent (no spoilers here, don't worry).

In Skyrim - after you get the touchy feeling dragons are good and love you, you walk about your business going to finish that special quests, when suddenly a dragon appears and tries to rip your head from your body... and you have no choice but to kill it.

(it would be fun if Skyrim had a story alternative that implied you helping the dragons out).

It warmed my heart to hear the same courtly, at times insane, accent of Sheogorath.

Me too! xd.png When i finished the quest for him i was like... I wanna do moar!

Sheogorath, Yell at me, give me more missions, have Haskill lecture me, have the dark seducers and golden saints smack nonsense out of me, Make it rain cheese... or better yet dogs! JUST TAKE ME WITH YUUUUUUU!!! xd.png

I totally agree. Just sad that he wasn't as mad, nor did his appearance last long sad.gif

Edit: As for Bethesda vs Mojag - Hmmm... A registered trademark with 5 games in... Or a newbie emerging? Tough choice >.>

Edited by Crisis

So... I was doing that Septimus Sigmus quest in the Dwemer mines.

I brought Lydia, the first companion you get if you do some quests for the Jarl of Whiterun.

At some point in the game I was sneaking to ambush 2 spheres and Lydia kinda got in front of me and blocked my action (I had a bow).

So I quickly changed to sword and killed the two spheres but Lydia was limping.

I used my healing hand spell to cure her and even gave her some potions, but she didn't take any of the potions and even after I used my power to quickly recover magicka (I'm a mage elf) I kept healing and healing her over and over but she wouldn't just stop limping.

I thought it would be a good idea to sent her home and complete the quest on my own.

I haven't finished that quest yet but curiosity just had to make me do it. I teleported back to whiterun and whent to check on my house and the castle of dragonsreach, hoping to find Lydia. But she just wasn't there

Sometimes I just like to screw around in the game and then, after I save, I apply the god mode cheat and just wander around killing everything I see. Of course I don't save after I do this but two things I noticed is that you can't kill children and important characters like Jarls and etc never die. If you deplete their life bar they will bend over pretty much like any other opponent npc does when he's with low life but at that time you can't hit them and then they recover to full hp and start fighting again.

So, do you think there is some way to bring Lydia back? I fear she might be dead. And my only saves with her alive happened before I started the dungeon run.

Companions only die if you deal the finishing blow or if they are hit by a badly aimed spell or arrow. Once a companion kneels down in surrender, enemies immediately aggro off of them and continue their usual schedule.

Try looking up the "placeatme" console command.

Be careful because Skyrim is highly addictive. Statistics show that general grades of the average student are lowering in mass because of this game. (Just JK but yeah, highly addictive game this one).

Thanks I found two commands. One that spawned a new Lydia and another one that teleported her to me.

When I saw her limping and slowing me down I wasn't sure of what to do. I google'd it and it said that "healing hand" usually did the trick, so I used it for a really long time hoping she would stand up again and carry on fighting. Sadly she just kept limping, despite having her life seemingly full. So I just told her to part ways and she "limped" out of there. I carried on, killed a few more spheres and falmers etc... and then saved a few rooms ahead. Later on I had to go check if she was home, but probably because I used the "coc" teleport I went home faster than her. Probably if I had finished the quest and then returned home she would be there waiting for me as usual.

Funny thought how you can "summon" an army of Lydias if you find yourself in trouble. lol

another question, now that I'm here:

.How do you get Mjoll from (that town with the thieves guild which I forget the name) to be our companion?

Skyrim rules, hands down. Lagged a bit from the start, but now it's fine.

I used to FUS RO DAH! like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee.

My Skryrim is soo laggy and glitchy, Its a bit better now but it was soo annoying to begin with during fights. Now Im totally addicted.

Hm I was in the... Cant remember the name of the place. its in the main quest with the Blades trying to figure out how to defeat Alduin. getting the Dragonrend. The old man your with glitched on me he was crawling the whole way to the chambers apon the bridge, one of his arms where stuck in the ground... I ending up Shouting him up and off the bridge...

Well, just finished my 4 hour Skyrim "marathon". Ha ha.

Got the Elder Scroll, got Hermaeus Mora's quest... and my GOD, his voice is DELICIOUS. It's like sex for the ears. wub.gif

Hmm. I guess I should go and do Sheogorath's quest soon. biggrin.gif

I got this a while back.. Just finished all of the thieves guild stuff and college quests. Started the companions quests before both of those but I wasn't ready for that type of commitment yet xd.png

.How do you get Mjoll from (that town with the thieves guild which I forget the name) to be our companion?

Complete the quest that she gives you, I think.

SKYRIM WON FRIGGIN' GAME OF THE YEAR! WOOT WOOT! YES! YAY! IT DESERVED IT SOO MUCH! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Ummm. Yeah. >.<

I was watching Sci Fi and it came up... video gamers awards... Skyrim won babeh! I've beaten it 2 times, and I'm on my newest profile.

*SPOILER*

Just about to go fight the dragon who is summoned from it's grave.

I have two characters right now, an Imperial and a Khajiit. |D

I prefer my Khajiit though.

user posted image

Dark Brotherhood assassin.

Hail Sithis!

:C My "Repair the White Phial" quest is broken, since I had a Briar Heart in my inventory as I received the courier message for the second half of the quest.

Mrr.

In Eragon - Dragons are scarce, and there are only a few, "loved" by everyone to some extent (no spoilers here, don't worry).

In Skyrim - after you get the touchy feeling dragons are good and love you, you walk about your business going to finish that special quests, when suddenly a dragon appears and tries to rip your head from your body... and you have no choice but to kill it.

(it would be fun if Skyrim had a story alternative that implied you helping the dragons out).

To be honest, I love skyrim, and wasn't too sure about getting it cause I didn't like Oblivion, but I really like what you have to say too, that'd be really cool if you didn't just have to kill them all.

Oddly enough I had a dragon come and find me while I was doing a quest, and the entire time he did not attack me, and when I tried running after him he just roared at me in the sky above and killed any wolves that were attacking me xd.png Of course I assume it was a glitch! But it was still pretty neat.