El3m3nt

The Elder Scrolls

Might be interesting. I don't got the PC version so it'd be nice to see some of the mods out. I remember the ones for COD 2 that my Cisco class would download. Those were fun. xd.png

I'll probably do it if I get a few more affirmatives.

What kind of character should I play, if I do it?

I only know of High Elves, Dark Elves, Nords, Redguard, Argonians, Brenton and Khajiit. So I have no clue really.... so I'm going with my own race, play as a Nord! xd.png

No, I mean I wasn't asking what race I should be, I'll determine that myself. I was asking if I should focus on archery, or swordsmanship, etc. etc.

Melee does tend to lend itself to an OH censorkip.gif playstyle, which is comically entertaining. Any stealth-based playstyle will only result in "oh censorkip.gif" if you're caught, and only mockery if you don't. I vote a melee.

I vote melee...

dad has a habit of yelling "SHOOT IT!!!" over and over when I'm fighting anything (and I mean anything) while I prefer a sword or axe or something... mostly a onehanded sword and something on my other hand... usually a shield I never use (so yes, I don't know why I have it xd.png ) or magic or something...

I have a habit (due to that preference) of running up to everything and whacking away.... unless a dragon or two (ahem... dragon out there who ate my horse three times in that pass... who I cannot find yet... yes you, I'm going to kill you for costing me so much money...) refuse to land... then I get my bow out and start shooting away, which usually ticked the dragon off and made it not want to land even more... though I make them crash quicker than they're supposed to and then go whacking away at them then.

So I vote melee... much more fun.

Dual wield it is.

I'm thinking right hand mace, left hand sword/dagger.

I'll do a livestream video for character creation, then normal videos for the series.

I'll update the thread with details at some point in the near future. What time is good for everyone (preferably converted to EST)

Edited by Getpwned

I vote melee...

dad has a habit of yelling "SHOOT IT!!!" over and over when I'm fighting anything (and I mean anything) while I prefer a sword or axe or something... mostly a onehanded sword and something on my other hand... usually a shield I never use (so yes, I don't know why I have it xd.png ) or magic or something...

I have a habit (due to that preference) of running up to everything and whacking away.... unless a dragon or two (ahem... dragon out there who ate my horse three times in that pass... who I cannot find yet... yes you, I'm going to kill you for costing me so much money...) refuse to land... then I get my bow out and start shooting away, which usually ticked the dragon off and made it not want to land even more... though I make them crash quicker than they're supposed to and then go whacking away at them then.

So I vote melee... much more fun.

Rofl. xd.png Use what is it Dragonrend? Or just move around till it lands. I had one that refused to once and had to move around a bunch till it did.

Before Skyrim, the only Elder Scrolls game I'd played was Morrowind. Things and people had a tendency to disappear or fall through the floor and the game froze a lot, but... Wow! What a great game! I loved it. I still do. The world is huge, there are so many places to explore, so many discoveries to be made. It's a game of nearly endless possibilities.

Skyrim isn't ao bad either. I really like the addition of the dragons, because everything is better with dragons added. But I have to say, Morrowind is still my favorite. smile.gif

Hmm, I'm thinking that livestream's not gonna happen, but I'll record the character creation episode when I get better. I'm a bit sick right now.

Edited by Getpwned

I've been playing Oblivion for quite some time now, but there's something I don't understand...

When I look at my attributes on the journal tab thingy, all the points or whatever are in red and are a lot lower than they should be. For example, when I level up, my Agility says it's supposed to be 90 or something but the journal tab says 75 in red.

What's happening? :C

Anyone else ever battle a dragon, kill it and not get it's soul? I had a frost dragon do that and reloaded a save point 3-4 times and it still never gave me it's soul.

If you've killed a dragon on top of a mountain, then kill it again after it level scales to a different type of dragon, you wont get the soul because it just level-scaled

@ali

you might have a disease, but i never paid much attention to it in Oblivion.

Edited by Getpwned

@ali

you might have a disease, but i never paid much attention to it in Oblivion.

Pretty sure it's not a disease.

I recently caught that Vampire disease but cured it. Using a Cure Disease potion should cure all diseases, correct? I have no idea what's going on. :/

Using a cure disease potion should cure Vampiris Sanguinaris, yes.

@demonicvampiregirl

You know how there are many type of dragon? like dragon, blood dragon, frost dragon, elder dragon, ancient dragon? When you level up enough you will stop seeing lower powered dragons and see higher powered ones, so if you you killed the dragon when it was just a Dragon, and then killed it again after you leveled up enough and it became a Frost Dragon, you won't get the soul because you already got it and the dragon just became more powerful.

So will it ever fix itself? It was on Bonestrewn Crest. And thats where Dragons spawn. I also got the word from the Word Wall there yet when I went near it again I got it again. I should have had my full Frost Breath but I reverted to a save so it wouldn't be messed up.

Got this of the Elder Scrolls Wikia and it it's true that place is now screwed up for me sad.gif

"Despite patch notes to the contrary, even after patch 1.2 it is possible you won't absorb a dragon's soul (this is most often the case with Blood Dragons) Also, the corpse will remain and no other dragon will spawn at that point. It is also possible for the player a random dead dragon corpse that the player did not kill in which the player cannot absorb the soul."

Edited by demonicvampiregirl

I'm on the Xbox version with no net connection Xbox Live. I don't got the thing for it nor the account.

:I Just tried praying at an altar again and it worked. My stats are back to normal. ^^