RheaZen

Current Thought Thread

7 hours ago, Syiren said:

omg my back.... and my foot.... so much pain..... 

but the room is FINALLY rearranged! And there's so much more room! Hope the modem's alright. That was a pretty big pop Nothing's smoking, no burning smell.... internet still works, so.... meh. I'll call the internet provider tomorrow anyway. Better safe than sorry.

Pops are not good.  Even without the burning or smoke. But maybe just a (literal) bug got in there and fried itself? 

Well, that's good. My shop animals will be fed and I can stay put.

3 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Pops are not good.  Even without the burning or smoke. But maybe just a (literal) bug got in there and fried itself? 

I wish that was the case. But we checked the bug traps we have in the room and they're all empty, so we're happy about that. What happened was we moved the desktop (an Alienware computer) to the other side of the room which needed a new plug. My roommate plugged it into the same outlet as the modem for our internet and I let out a squeak when I heard the pop and saw a flash followed by white sparks. Nothing huge, but it did melt the plastic cup bag that was setting next to it in a few spots. ^^; It's been on all night with no issues, but we're still calling in the provider to check it over to be safe. It has several transistors in it. I'm not good with techy terms, but it's one of Comcast's better ones. Lesson learned though. Alienware is a powerful beast and a power hungry one at that. lol.

----------------

Why do many of my answers turn into essays and small stories? Is that an ADHD thing, or just me? 

2 minutes ago, Syiren said:

I heard the pop and saw a flash followed by white sparks.

Meanwhile in your sig...

original (1).gif

6 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Meanwhile in your sig...

original (1).gif

Dang it, It was Kadaj all along! Dang you Remnants!!

---------

Hope this soreness goes away with a nice hot bath later. 

Just now, Syiren said:

Hope this soreness goes away with a nice hot bath later. 

Blue Goo is my favorite for soothing sore muscles. A little goes quite a ways. It's pretty stong scented which can be troublesome if you apply it near your face. 

Neighbors: Easter afternoon! The perfect time to use the lawnmower like a brushhog!

19 minutes ago, subwoofer said:

I should really do something tomorrow. 

Me, too. What are the odds though? :blush:

Oh, look a "Bless This Mess" wall in AP. A bunch of Celestials bred to long messy lineage dragons. Oh, joy. 😠

On 4/4/2021 at 2:55 PM, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Blue Goo is my favorite for soothing sore muscles. A little goes quite a ways. It's pretty stong scented which can be troublesome if you apply it near your face. 

I ended up wrapping my foot in a heating blanket, but that also sounds like a good idea for next time. And since its my foot there'd be little issue with smell. Plus I have a fan pointed at me. Thanks! :D

-------------------

Yet again.... the dilemma.... what to have for dinner. Hmm... Not in the mood for anything big. ....Chow Mein it is.

i wanted to add something to my post in another thread, so i reopened the thread to edit my post.....and promptly forgot what i wanted to say XD 

The ketchup was good, but now I have a feeling I should have skipped it.

1 hour ago, subwoofer said:

Once was enough, why does it have to happen again?

You know why. And you won't like the answer. I have depression, too. There's always a why - not matter how inadequate it is logically.

I should lock the kitten in the back  so I can sleep. I don't think I'm going to lock the kitten in the back. Also she lucked into my hot dog. I droppeded it. :dry:

thinking about how mushrooms can ‘eat’ rocks due to their ability to break down minerals, nutrients, n such with their mycelium network. they give and receive like a trade of nutrients 

"I will make it 100x100 so that it doesn't get resized."
Turns out all those pixelart avatars were blurry because forum simply doesn't display avatars in .png at all.
So dissapointing!
You can have whatever in your signature but no png for avatar???
Maybe move that there and make something else?

2 hours ago, Lost_Unicorn said:

"I will make it 100x100 so that it doesn't get resized."
Turns out all those pixelart avatars were blurry because forum simply doesn't display avatars in .png at all.
So dissapointing!
You can have whatever in your signature but no png for avatar???
Maybe move that there and make something else?

Nevermind. I figured out I've just made a stupid mistake: forum uses 90x90 size avatars, while I incorrectly previously thought it was 100x100. And so my avatar is 100x100 size. It's downscaled. *facepalm*

Went to throw away the hot dog the kitten had batted around like a toy last night. Only she'd eaten the inside part and left the skin. Should I be worried? :huh:

I think I'm losing. I pushed the bedroom door closed, but didn't latch it. About 15 seconds later, it swings fully open - except she goes back in the living room mrrowing. I push the door close again. 30 seconds later, she's back and the door swings wide open again.  :dry:

Edited by Long_Before_Sunrise

36 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Went to throw away the hot dog the kitten had batted around like a toy last night. Only she'd eaten the inside part and left the skin. Should I be worried? :huh:

Depends on how young the kitten is, cats shouldn't eat hot dogs but usually won't have anything more than an upset tummy but it might be different for really young kittens. 

I still have no idea where the loud music was coming from last night, whether it was upstairs or next door or what, but I really hope that doesn't happen again tonight. I got way too little sleep last night. And we recently got new upstairs neighbors and I *really* don't want to have to make enemies of them because our issues with the last neighbors were stressful enough. 

7 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

cats shouldn't eat hot dogs but

Neither should any other species. This, however, has not been a deterrent.

4 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Neither should any other species. This, however, has not been a deterrent.

Goodness if I stopped eating everything that maybe isn't the best for humans to eat, that's like 90% of my food intake. (Yeah, I eat very unhealthily, I know it.)

I had two brand new packages of tennis balls just a few weeks ago. Now that I actually need them they are nowhere to be found. Why does that always happen? (No, I don't need them to actually play tennis, they go on the bottom of my mom's walker for smoother gliding and less noise.)

1 hour ago, HeatherMarie said:

I had two brand new packages of tennis balls just a few weeks ago. Now that I actually need them they are nowhere to be found. Why does that always happen? 

I, too, am good at hiding stuff from myself by putting things where they'll be safe and so I'll know where they are. I got the safe part right at least - safe from myself.

I woke up, sweating and thought I had a fever. Two therometer said, 'Nope. Normal.' It was the comforter I had half pullwd over me which is too heavyweight for tonight. Warmer air coming in ahead of rain.