RheaZen

Current Thought Thread

4 hours ago, Syiren said:

You have my sympathies friend, though congrats on getting the vaccine. I still have to wait, but my roommate's mothers just got hers today. Was it painful like a flu shot, or did it burn at all? Am curious. Hoping it's not like those 3 rounds of Hep. B. shots I had to get in order to move on to the 7th grade. Those suckers HURT!!  

so far not so bad.  at the time of this post, it's been about three hours.  it was an owie at first, but now there's just a little soreness in my upper arm right now.  i have a little headache, but that could also be the monthly nightmare.

43 minutes ago, trystan said:

Was it painful like a flu shot, or did it burn at all?

Painfree completely, at the time of the shot. Teeny weeny needle, tiny vaccine dose. I'm a needle wimp and I felt nothing. By 9:30 p.m. (shot about 11:30 a.m.) was a different story. Achy, fevery. I had to take Panadol to go to bed and again in the night when I woke with my teeth hurting from the fever. By morning, I was functionally painfree, and now, five days later, I'm still having the sleepies (but that does seem to be a known side effect from the Astra Zeneca vaccine). Worth every moment, knowing it's helping keep me safe. Second shot is due June 4th.

Sleepy...

Edited by Lagie
Typo

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

Sleepy...

Yes, sleepy. So very sleepy. Relaxed. At ease. Your mind clear of thoughts... 🕠 

The watch might be facing the wrong way... 💤

Edited by Long_Before_Sunrise

Even with a calendar, I don't think I could keep track of all of this stuff...

I don't wanna. Whatever it is. I dun wanna. 

Me late last night: I will get those things done tomorrow.

Me this morning:

20210401_102453.jpg

Pallas cats are pretty in their very special way :wub:

40 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Pallas cats are pretty in their very special way :wub:

I find it fascinating how expressive their faces are in photographs. 

22 hours ago, Lagie said:

Painfree completely, at the time of the shot. Teeny weeny needle, tiny vaccine dose. I'm a needle wimp and I felt nothing. By 9:30 p.m. (shot about 11:30 a.m.) was a different story. Achy, fevery. I had to take Panadol to go to bed and again in the night when I woke with my teeth hurting from the fever. By morning, I was functionally painfree, and now, five days later, I'm still having the sleepies (but that does seem to be a known side effect from the Astra Zeneca vaccine). Worth every moment, knowing it's helping keep me safe. Second shot is due June 4th.

Sleepy...

okay, so possible fever-like side effects. noted, but mostly painless. I hope they use a baby needle too, as I am terrified of needles. 

I felt absolutely nothing with the needle for my vaccine. I always expect vaccines to hurt because my mind equates needles with blood draws and those definitely hurt for me, but I literally didn't even know she'd done it already with the vaccine. 

It is entirely too early in the year for it to be 93 degrees outside. Seriously Arizona, this is bad even for you.

1 hour ago, Syiren said:

okay, so possible fever-like side effects. noted, but

Meanwhile, in your signature...

dadd7430bc839c442116b2d193435b2911f49215_00.gif

Snow.

And now, Mew covering its mouth giggling.

40 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

I felt absolutely nothing with the needle for my vaccine. I always expect vaccines to hurt because my mind equates needles with blood draws and those definitely hurt for me, but I literally didn't even know she'd done it already with the vaccine. 

i felt the jab but that was it.  i'm now 29 hours past vaccine time, and the soreness is wearing off my upper arm and shoulder.  someone on another forum said that if you can get them to listen, get them to give you the vaccine in the soft part of your upper arm.  my injection site was a little higher than where i got the flu or shingles shots in the past, and i think if it was just a little lower, i wouldn't have had the soreness that's going away now.  but other than that... nothing

in other news, it's supposed to be below freezing (28F) tonight.  happy april! XD 

39 minutes ago, trystan said:

in other news, it's supposed to be below freezing (28F) tonight.  happy april! XD 

Back to your WinterSeasonal form you go....

I'm both hungry and my stomach hurts. :wacko: And I ate vegetable soup not that long ago.

1 hour ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Meanwhile, in your signature...

dadd7430bc839c442116b2d193435b2911f49215_00.gif

Snow.

And now, Mew covering its mouth giggling.

lol. gotta love that randomizing signature. Sometimes I think I'm so weird for liking so many different series, games and shows. Everyone has their own style, but I feel like I'm all over the place. I mean, FF7, Pokemon, MLP, Countless anime, Stargate SG-1, Big Bang Theory, HTTYD, Disney, And I still go looking for more every so often.

-------------

Gah! No!! Dang it. why do updates have to reset my personalized control set up? I use a left-handed mouse. I don't use WASD to move I use the right side arrows. why must your updates reset the controls! phoey!!

39 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Back to your WinterSeasonal form you go....

nope, calendar says spring, so i'm a spring dragon :) 

6 minutes ago, trystan said:

nope, calendar says spring, so i'm a spring dragon :) 

Here, I ran you a nice hot bath. Ignore the blue color. It's just the bath bomb I used.

1 minute ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Here, I ran you a nice hot bath. Ignore the blue color. It's just the bath bomb I used.

tee hee

oh look.... blue scales?!? noooo......

*reads label* Results may vary.

Spoiler

20210401_215011.jpg

17 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Spoiler

20210401_215011.jpg

oooh pretty!

if I could put into words how big and sparkly my eyes got at that dragon figure.....

200.gif

meh, no wanna go to bed. dang insomnia.

11 hours ago, Syiren said:

okay, so possible fever-like side effects. noted, but mostly painless. I hope they use a baby needle too, as I am terrified of needles. 

It is a very small needle! ;)

I guess I should put warmer clothes on.

It's Good Friday. Can't you just hide under the covers?

I slept in way too late.

Also, I have this sudden urge to do nothing all day...

Sounds like a plan.

Meanwhile, in the Trade Hub, someone is, at this very moment, putting up a trade and thinking 'I'll come back and check on on the offers right before it dies/grows up.'

I have a slight headache, there's clouds all over my brain, thinking straight is somewhat difficult.

The good news is, the depression monster tries but cannot get a grip on me today. It stays just out of reach.

Did my brain finally decide to regulate itself?

Now if only I could get anything done but I keep forgetting what I was about to do.

(I don't know how I managed this post.)

I like the merge feature