Evangeline

Random Facts

TvTropes will waste hours of your time >:D

Cats cannot taste sugar.

Grapes are berries. Strawberries are not.

Women blink nearly twice as much as men.

As a female, I highl- *blink*. Nevermind! xd.png

Grapes are berries. Strawberries are not.

Bananas, avocados, and pumpkins are all berries, while cherries, blackberries, and mulberries are not. smile.gif

Strawberries are actually a botanical conundrum, because the part that we think is a berry is actually an accessory fruit, and the actual seeds are achenes (neither of which are berries).

TYPEWRITER is the longest word that can be made using the letters only on one row of the keyboard. ohmy.gif

Bananas, avocados, and pumpkins are all berries, while cherries, blackberries, and mulberries are not. smile.gif

Strawberries are actually a botanical conundrum, because the part that we think is a berry is actually an accessory fruit, and the actual seeds are achenes (neither of which are berries).

None of those are berries??

MY LIFE HAS BEEN NOTHING BUT A LIE.

*tableflip*

Though I did know that strawberries are grown in every state in the US and that there's a museum dedicated to them in Belgium. biggrin.gif

To hypnotize a chicken:

~ Catch one

~ Pick it up, calm it down, put it back on the ground

~ Push their head down until their beak is on the ground

~ Move your finger away from them, in the direction of their beak, until it's out of their eyesight

~ Laugh as they sit there and do nothing but stare at the ground

Take any 3 digit number that's not a palindrome, reverse it, take the difference of those two numbers, add that to its reverse. The answer is ALWAYS 1089.

The sentence "the brown fox quickly jumped over the lazy dog" has every letter in the alphabet((some letters are repeated)).

Shadow, I've always heard it as, "The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog." Fewer repeats. smile.gif

None of those are berries??

MY LIFE HAS BEEN NOTHING BUT A LIE.

*tableflip*

A cherry is a drupe (characterized by a hard, stony pit).

Blackberries (and I think mulberries too) are aggregate fruits (formed from many fertilized ovaries on the same flower).

The one millionth digit of pi is one.

The Chevrolet Nova didn't sell very well in Spanish-speaking countries because the name remained the same. "No va" means "it doesn't go." laugh.gif

Cows have accents. A cow's moo depends on the region it belongs to.

"The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog."

Not quite...

"The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog."

Edited by Booo

The most typical person on earth is a 28 year old Chinese man. But that would change by 2023.

The Tawny frogmouth's tongue will grow back if it is torn off.

I was quite amazed at that one, and it also says when male frogmouths fight, their aim is to tear each other's tongue's off.... O_o

The Tawny frogmouth's tongue will grow back if it is torn off.

I was quite amazed at that one, and it also says when male frogmouths fight, their aim is to tear each other's tongue's off.... O_o

I work at a zoo, we just had a Tawny Frogmouth baby hatch!

The black footed cat(a wild cat in africa that only gets up to four pounds) Can take down a full grown giraffe just by jumping on it's back and biting out it's jugular vein. They can eat up to 30% of their own body weight and don't drink water.

a leech has 22 brains

an octopus' testicles are located in it's head

Edited by teslakana

there is a type of star fish that has over 20 legs. it's called a sun starfish

You're probably never more than 1 metre away from a spider at any one time.

Dear God why did you have to tell me that?

time for fun facts!:

Only the female angler fish have the light

Only female mosquitoes bite

Most Females in the bug world are larger because most males are only used to breed. afterwards they go on breeding until they die. On the female side, they lay the eggs and take care of the babies and then die fending the new hatchlings for themselves.

The guy who voiced Bugs Bunny is allergic to carrots