Sylverkitti

Do *You* have a Thuwed? V2

16 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Nice! I wonder if he is poised to reopen requests

Well it looks like he opened requests on the 16th of January for the new Thuweds so maybe there'll be hope if he decides to breed his list during the Valentines holiday. :)

41 minutes ago, lovecats99 said:

Well it looks like he opened requests on the 16th of January for the new Thuweds so maybe there'll be hope if he decides to breed his list during the Valentines holiday. :)

What leads you to that conclusion?  I check the page every day and never saw it open for requests.

1 minute ago, Brekke said:

What leads you to that conclusion?  I check the page every day and never saw it open for requests.

I just see a lot more Thuwed activity during the holiday periods. I know he hasn't bred his CB holiday Thuweds consistently for every holiday in the last few years but I last year saw him breed his Thuweds for Christmas 2017 and Valentines 2017. So I was hoping he'd at least have a go at breeding his Thuweds this Valentines.

He didn't breed them for 2017 Halloween, though, but then he hasn't bred a common from his Halloweens since July 2017 nor a Halloween since 2013. Maybe he'll decide to skip this year's Valentine Thuwed breeding. I don't know. I wish I had more to go on but its all guesses here.

I know he's breeding them, but does that automatically mean that he is opening the breeding lists?

15 minutes ago, Brekke said:

I know he's breeding them, but does that automatically mean that he is opening the breeding lists?

No, he sometimes just breeds to the AP. (edit) Actually I think his holidays are always bred to the AP during holiday season, if he breeds them at all then. (/edit) I see no evidence that the list has been open, although it is hard to tell if you don't catch it in the moments it stays open, unless someone posts here saying they saw it open or got on it.

Edited by purplehaze

7 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

No, he sometimes just breeds to the AP. (edit) Actually I think his holidays are always bred to the AP during holiday season, if he breeds them at all then. (/edit) I see no evidence that the list has been open, although it is hard to tell if you don't catch it in the moments it stays open, unless someone posts here saying they saw it open or got on it.

Thanks, that's what I suspected.

The extra Celestial offspring, as well as extra holiday offspring will go to the AP, you have to stalk the progeny to see which eggs were just bred and estimate the time they appear in the AP. It's difficult though. x.x

Does anyone have any 1st Gen Thuweds that they would be willing to breed? I really want a 2nd Gen Thuwed but the highest gen I have is a 6th Gen Thuwed with messy breeding.

13 minutes ago, Ayumi_Seto said:

Does anyone have any 1st Gen Thuweds that they would be willing to breed? I really want a 2nd Gen Thuwed but the highest gen I have is a 6th Gen Thuwed with messy breeding.

Official 1st gens belong to only TJ, the owner of the site. We can get only 2nd gens from the official list (example: https://dragcave.net/lineage/NAmzw ) - which is most of the time closed due to the extremely high demand (and sometimes due to glitches, or so I've heard...). https://dragcave.net/thuwed 

Sometimes people make "fake" Thuweds by naming their caveborn dragons in a similar fashion, there's no rule against doing so. The only difference is that they won't be "official" like TJ's originals.

Edited by Orchi'dea

24 minutes ago, Ayumi_Seto said:

As Orchi'dea says, TJ is the only one with 1st gens, because that is the very definition of a Thuwed -- descended from TJ's dragons.

Once my scroll is unlocked I would be glad to breed you a 3rd gen Thuwed, if you like.

While it is indeed possible to name any dragon Thuwed, it is frowned on by the community to try to pass them off as genuine Thuweds. TJ's breeding pairs are all marked as "verified Thuweds" so you can tell real Thuweds by looking at the caveborn generation.

Edited by purplehaze

7 minutes ago, Orchi'dea said:

Official 1st gens belong to only TJ, the owner of the site. We can get only 2nd gens from the official list (example: https://dragcave.net/lineage/NAmzw ) - which is most of the time closed due to the extremely high demand (and sometimes due to glitches, or so I've heard...). https://dragcave.net/thuwed 

Sometimes people make "fake" Thuweds by naming their caveborn dragons in a similar fashion, there's no rule against doing so. The only difference is that they won't be "official" like TJ's originals.

Third gens show up in this thread a few times a month.  They also show up on the Community Notice Board in the trading forum.  Get used to checking the threads first thing when you log in, and you might be surprised how often you can get  fairly low gen Thuwed.  "Follow" this topic--there aren't that many posts, but check in on the Notice Board.  It gets a lot of posts.

2 hours ago, Orchi'dea said:

Oh I see thank you for explained that to me. It turns out I have a Gen 6 Thuwedfrom the two dragons below and his lineage isn't messy. Unfortunatly his offspring has messed up lineage because I didn't notice his lineage . That's crazy that people try to make fakes though.

2 hours ago, purplehaze said:

As Orchi'dea says, TJ is the only one with 1st gens, because that is the very definition of a Thuwed -- descended from TJ's dragons.

Once my scroll is unlocked I would be glad to breed you a 3rd gen Thuwed, if you like.

While it is indeed possible to name any dragon Thuwed, it is frowned on by the community to try to pass them off as genuine Thuweds. TJ's breeding pairs are all marked as "verified Thuweds" so you can tell real Thuweds by looking at the caveborn generation.

Oh I see thank you for explaining that. Turns out I have a Gen 6 Thuwed from the two dragons below and his lineage isn't messy like I thought. Unfortunatly his offspring has messed up lineage because I didn't notice his lineage. 

I would really appreciate it if you would breed a 3rd gen Thuwed once your scroll in unlocked. Thank you so much!! <3 

Also that's wrong that people try to make fakes. Mine is no fake. I just happened to grab it from the ap and I thought the lineage looked nice so I kept it. I had no clue about Thuweds though. I'm glad I kept it.

2 hours ago, random_dragon_collector said:

Third gens show up in this thread a few times a month.  They also show up on the Community Notice Board in the trading forum.  Get used to checking the threads first thing when you log in, and you might be surprised how often you can get  fairly low gen Thuwed.  "Follow" this topic--there aren't that many posts, but check in on the Notice Board.  It gets a lot of posts.

Okay I'll try my best to remember to check. Also I'm following this thread, I just don't check it as often as I should. Thank you for the tips. :)

Does anyone have any "purebred" third gens unrelated to him? I'm willing to trade for an egg from them, especially if none of the breeds in the line are the same as he has.

40 minutes ago, Guillotine said:

Does anyone have any "purebred" third gens unrelated to him? I'm willing to trade for an egg from them, especially if none of the breeds in the line are the same as he has.

Meh, My Two showed no interest but if you would like me to try again after Valentine's send me a PM so I can jot it down and not forget. :)

RiZ5C

I've had her for a long time but didn't realise until literally just now that she's a 5th gen Thuwed! Not only that but her lineage is a beautiful even-gen checkerboard with Golden Wyverns x Reds on one side and Magis x Blacks on the other!

And to think, I grabbed her in the AP!

It seems that I somehow managed to get a 5th gen Thuwed when I was looking through the abandoned eggs at the cave, and its lineage is nothing but other Thuweds too! It's a fever, and I'm feeling pretty lucky now!

18 minutes ago, Kovia said:

Really hope the lists open again soon. Would love to get a 2G Thuwed for my Stormpeace Army.

Anyway, speaking of 3Gs, bred my existing 2Gs again:

3G Thuwed Pygmy, PB in the breed sense

3G checker Thuwed Striped River, has "Dad" code

If someone wants a sibling to those PM me and I'll try for more eggs once they're off CD.

I do not have a PB Thuwed Pygmy, so I grabbed that one!  Thanks so much!

8 hours ago, Kovia said:

Really hope the lists open again soon. Would love to get a 2G Thuwed for my Stormpeace Army.

Anyway, speaking of 3Gs, bred my existing 2Gs again:

3G Thuwed Pygmy, PB in the breed sense

3G checker Thuwed Striped River, has "Dad" code

If someone wants a sibling to those PM me and I'll try for more eggs once they're off CD.

I took the Striped River, thank you so much!

A couple 3G checkers going free to good homes:

3G Whiptail

3G Golden Wyvern

Edited by Alectrona