Zovesta

TV Tropes

My god, this is such an insanely popular website, but still no topic for it? Son, I am disappoint. (and, yes, I did search about five different times and checked each page)

So, yes. Let's all talk about TV Tropes. How it affected your life, how you quote certain titles when talking to people in real life, tropes you like, tropes you want to see changed a bit, and so on.

Everyone knows about this site. You can't deny it. So discuss. o3o

I hate TV Tropes. The moment I enter, I cannot leave. It hurts to laugh that much.

"Moffat is the drunken captain of the oil tanker full of nightmare fuel that's headed full speed ahead straight for the rocky coast of your dreams has given us..."

Edited by Kestra15

My gawd, I remember how I stuck on reading The X-Files' TV Tropes page, and everything that seemed interesting, linked from the pages of the related tropes until 3 in the morning. Before a day which I planned to devote for studying for a bigass test. Plus not to mention how exhausted I was from all that laughing.

For now I only go there to search for fanfic recommendations. >__>

Edited by lightbird

I've been trying to read through the main page for My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic for two months now.

TWO.

I also get lost very, very easily while troping.

I managed to enter TV Tropes to only read this page; a first.

Rhea, I love you too.

I used to have a link to it in my sig. Tv Tropes is your friend biggrin.gif Tv Tropes will never threaten to destroy your life, or otherwise eat it.

Also, Steven Moffat feeds on fear.

Hello, my name is Neekerisanni123 and I'm addicted to Tv Tropes...

I don't even remember from where I first got a link to the site, but I think I lost my sanity when I realized that I had spent the next 5 hours looking around the site. And the rest is history... *sigh*

It's 3:38 in the morning here in Finland as I type this, and I STILL haven't gone to bed. Gee, thanks a lot, Tv Tropes. dry.gif

-snaps fingers- NOW I remember how I found it! Several years ago, I was looking for stories and stuff about Gunnerkrigg Court, and I found the trope page for it on Google. After that, well, I was hooked. Actually, that was how I found Order of the Stick, which was how I found DC, which has been my main source of writing inspiration over the years.

So yeah, TV Tropes has definitely enhanced my life. biggrin.gif

Yes, I do have to keep linking to a tropicle with the last line of every post. You can't stop me!

TVTropes will make your life better. TVTropes is your friend. TVTropes is brilliant.

/flings self into the "gets addicted reading for hours" group

After I see a movie or read something, I pretty much always go right to TVT to read about it. x3

LOS LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINKS! /dramatic knee fall

I love TVTropes, but I hate it. Whenever I go there, I end up staying for hours with at least twenty tabs open, and I usually miss a rare on DC because of it.

Twenty tabs? This troper can hit well over two hundred on a bad/good day, when the drug's running particularly high in my veins and everything on TVTropes is fascinating and hilarious and irresistable ;__;

TVTropes [....]ed over my ability to write about literature: there is a name for all those things you can't easily describe in formal terms, except half the terms are utterly inappropriate. TVTropes [....]ed over my free time: using it all up on the site is not a occasional action, it is a need that gnaws at fingers and heart. TVTropes [....]ed up my perception of friends: I know some people who can actually click a page, read it, and leave. ENVY.

I know some people who can actually click a page, read it, and leave. ENVY.

Unless I am very bored or tired, I happen to be one of those people biggrin.gif

Unless I am very bored or tired, I happen to be one of those people biggrin.gif

Alas, I am not. Even if I'm trying my hardest to get off it still takes me half an hour. If I've got no reason to stop poking... that'll be it for the rest of the day.

Hey guys, what's going on in this thr-

brb, getting another hit of the tropes

There probably won't be a great deal of discussion here because everyone will be too busy flicking through a million tabs at the prompt. biggrin.gif But yeah, amazing site. It only asks for your soul in return.

I'm off to open another ten tabs.

Perhaps we should have a Wiki-Walk game, chose a film/TV series and we post where we end up after ten clicks.

Stupid TV Tropes stole my afternoon... >__>

So. Totally. Worth. It. ;D

Perhaps we should have a Wiki-Walk game, chose a film/TV series and we post where we end up after ten clicks.

What about tabs then? D:

Ooh, ooh! As an added bonus, we have to think of a scenario where the two different pages could conceivably be connected.

I did this a minute ago; I went from It Gets Easier to Naughty Tentacles.

...Okay maybe mine isn't such a good idea after all.

Edited by Carnivorous M.

I did this a minute ago; I went from It Gets Easier to Naughty Tentacles.

...to 'Boldly Coming' in one click. I can't escape! I have to be at work in an hour!

Tried this. Just went with the "random" bit on TV Tropes.

Started with Excalibur in the Rust, ended up with Tagalong Kid.

Perhaps we should have a Wiki-Walk game, chose a film/TV series and we post where we end up after ten clicks

No! Please! No! I have so much homework to doooo!

I love TVTropes so much! The random button is my friend laugh.gif I really actually do think it has enhanced my life, in some ways more so than others tongue.gif It has added to my analytic skills, I used to just leave my brain at the door when watching movies or reading but now I constantly pull the little things apart and label them according to TVTropes jargon.

ok.

When I looked at this the first thing I did was look up Portal 2, because I'm currently obsessed. And, it was hilarious, but what almost made me spit out my drink was: (oh no, spoilers... might have to burn this post down with lemons.)

When Wheatley takes over, the walls give you a death glare.

I was like

LOOOL

But seriously, I could read this website for the rest of my life and never finish.