Packgoater

IVORY

"Calm down little brother," Tyten said absently while smelling the flower. He ignored Sirintin's show of rage; he was used to his twin's erratic emotions. "You will have other chances to experiment on them, at least on the black-haired boy and the butterfly-winged girl. You know I have claimed the blue Kiichin." Tyten walked over to where Sirintin was standing. "Just be patient. All good things come to those who wait." He handed the flower to Sirintin. "We should observe them and see where they go."

"I don't like waiting, Tyten. I could have found out so much, brother. Instead I must let them go? Why do I care where they go? They will not go to the Roachii, Tyten. The Roachii will not accept them, half-Roachii or no. They are different, Tyten," he hissed, crushing the flower in Tyten's hands. "Delicate things like flowers are meant to be crushed. Remember that, brother."

"Delicate flowers tend to have thorns. Just because they are different doesn't mean that they're weak," Tyten said. "If I remember correctly, my little blue flower was doing quite well in resisting your power. Besides, who's to say that they won't go out and find other different Kiichin? Then we will have all the more fun in experimenting on those subjects. Observation IS a part of experimentation little brother." Tyten dropped the ruined tulip and gazed up at the sky. "Come Sirintin. Let's go find you someone to feed on so you aren't so cranky." With that, Tyten stretched his ivory feathered wings and took to the skies.

~~~

"Where are we going to go?" Nylaea asked Kator. She looked around the dungeons. "We need to leave this place now."

"You know I wasn't using the full extent of my power. I could have crushed her flat if I didn't know you were strangely obsessed with her. Thorns on delicate flowers are easy to break off, provided you know how," he said, baring his fangs. Unlike his calm twin, Sirintin almost always had a blood-lust that demanded to be satisfied. Following Tyten into the air, Sirintin pumped his powerful wings, sending himself quickly off behind him.

~~~~~~

"I don't know, Nylaea. But you're right. Let's get out of here, first," he said, walking out of the dungeon. He pointed over to where the forest was closest to them. "We cross there. It'll be risky, especially if there are archers, but it's our best bet. Ready?"

Veidera hesitated behind Kator and Nylaea. "Do I...Should I come with you?" I need to work to earn money and for a place to stay in and.. She twitched her wings and hissed in annoyance. "He should have left us you know. Sirintin. He's up to something. They're probably watching us right now. It's not right. What should we do?" Veidera was now on panic mode. "I've never had this happen before, never! What do we do now? If they track us then no one knows what they could do to us! I think we should leave but I don't know if I should! Oh, what do we do, what do we do??!?!!?!"

((If you watch Fruits Basket anime, Veidera kind of freaks out like Tohru.))

"Of course you're coming with us! We -I- won't abandon you. You know the castle best, maybe even about where the guards are positioned. We need you for that. We have to escape. It's no matter. Where should we go? Do you know of anywhere safe?" Kator replied. He didn't get why Nylaea was being so cold, but Kator wasn't about to abandon this Colored. After all, he'd be just as bad as Sirintin if he did. "And you're right. They'll follow us. So for awhile at least, we can't be near any others. Just us. Got that? Especially not any other Colored. That would be bad. Really bad.

Nylaea watched as Veidera started to panic. When Kator mentioned that he wouldn't leave Veidera behind, Nylaea got irritated; not because he had basically implied that she would leave the butterfly-winged girl behind, but that he was showing Veidera some small bit of affection. Nylaea was slightly jealous, but she wouldn't give Kator the satisfaction of knowing that. Instead, Nylaea walked over to Veidera, grabbed her shoulder with her left hand, and slapped Veidera across face, not too hard but enough to bring her to her senses. "Get a hold of yourself girl! If you're going to come with us, we are going to need you to be at your best and you can't do that if you are panicking! And you can't stay here anymore now that those insane Kiichin know that you are different." Nylaea let go of Veidera's shoulder to grab her hand and led her out of the dungeon after Kator.

((Do you mind if I make up some castle positions, ect?))

Veidera was glad they were going to let her go with them. even if Nylaea just slapped her. But that was okay. As long as she wasn't left behind right? Veidera nodded. "If we're outside the dungeon here," she drew a map in the air with her finger, "then our best shot is to go straight into the forest. There aren't usually watches in this place because guards are supposed to be here." She shifted her weight. "We are going to the forest right? The guards are on either side of the dungeon outside but not here."

"Alright then. Forest it is, but they will undoubtedly have patrols there so we'll have to be careful and watch out for them," Nylaea said. "We can decide where to go from there after we get out of this place." Nylaea started to make her way towards the exit.

((I totally watched Fantasia today. Lol I feel a bit old. But you can't beat the classics. I get so bored waiting on replies so I guess it is time to play some solitaire and minesweeper. Sweet action. Also, I got a t shirt that says "Trust me. I'm a ninja." It is awesome lol.))

"Yes, Lord Aleksandar. Telepathy is one of my many gifts," Rawien replied smoothly, looking over at him. "In the morning, I can have a lower Sacrii compile a list of all those currently in your service. Then I will be able to go through the list and interview them all so that I may read them to ensure their loyalties lie with you, if that is what you wish." Rawien stood up straight. "Is there anything else I can do for you my lord?" she asked. Aleksandar paused, thinking hard. "No, nothing right now. I will direct my followers tomorrow to send the scouts to the village by the rivers and recruit them to my aid. After your interview, I can start creating ranks to get organized and start amassing the army we're going to need to even have a chance of overthrowing the king. But for now, I'm going to retire and get some rest. You should too, Lady Rawien." he finished, rubbing his eyes again. He was tired from a long day of strategy and such.

((Here is a rough outline of the rooms. Rawien's rooms ))

"Yes, Lord Aleksandar. Sleep well," Rawien replied with a bow. Turning around, Rawien walked down through a corridor opposite the one she entered the mountain in, taking a small candle-lamp from the wall. She knew her way around the maze of tunnels and quickly made her way to the suite of rooms she had used when Saksuu had ruled. Rawien had known Saksuu and was close to him, in her way, so he had always welcomed her with the best of comforts that the Sacrii possessed. Her suite consists of four rooms: a large parlor where she can take private meals and entertain guests, her bedroom that is almost the same size as the parlor, and a washroom and a small room to house her maids with a hallway between them that separates the two larger rooms. In the center of the parlor, there is a three-piece suite consisting of a three seater settee and two chairs, all cushioned. There is also a low mahogany table around which the settee and chairs are situated. There are three small stools upon which servants may seat themselves when they are attending certain chores which allow them to be seated and two braziers to heat the room. The parlor is decorated with several tapestries depicting Sacrii performing various deeds, and one in particular that shows Saksuu in his youth. A large buck skin rug lays under the furniture in the middle of the room. The good-sized washroom contains a large wooden basin where Rawien can bathe, a table upon which sits a two-foot tall silver mirror and a silver bowl filled with fresh water, and her chamberpot. Rawien's bedchamber is the most lavish of the four rooms. It contains a large king-sized, canopied and curtained feather bed with white pillows and fine red and purple colored linen sheets and several furs. On the walls hang several silk tapestries, these mostly showing red and black roses and nature. The floor in front of her bed is covered by a red-dyed wool rug. In the corner of her room that is opposite the bed is a small dais upon which she can stand when viewing herself in the full-body silver mirror that stands in front of it. Next to her bed stands a small mahogany end table, decoratively carved, which holds a candle, an empty glass, and several old books. Along the wall across from the foot of the bed, three large chests lined up next to each other, all tightly locked, and a wardrobe stands next to the door to the hall. At present the servant quarters are bare of anything save two small, straw mattresses and two more chamberpots.

After several turns in the tunnels, Rawien came across the door to her rooms. Rawien reached into her bodice and pulled out a small silver key that hung from a ribbon around her neck. She removed the key and inserted it into the door-lock and turned. A small click could be heard then the door swung slowly opened. She held the lamp out in front of her and scanned her sitting room. It looked the same as when she had left it. Quickly making her way across the room, she opened the door to the hallway and checked both the servants' room and her washroom. Still, all was the same. Then she went to the door that led to her bedchamber. Opening it, she stepped inside and glanced around. Everything was the same, though covered with a thin layer of dust. Tired, she walked over to her bed and blew heavily across the surface of the blankets, disturbing the dust there. She lit the small, everlasting candle on her end table and blew out the lamp. Throwing the furs on the stone floor, Rawien crawled into her bed under the linen sheets. She contemplated all that had happened that evening for several minutes before drifting off into a deep sleep.

Edited by Lady Evirae

Veidera followed Nylaea to the forest. "No guards so far." The sky was bright blue and it was clear and sunny. Not a good way to escape. "Do you know how to roll some fog in?" She asked. "I can soak up some light, or repel it, but fog would be nicer." Raising her hands, she absorbed the sunlight. Nothing happened. "Repel." She muttered, and then there was no light around her. It might work....

"Wha- what did you just do? That was weird..." Kator murmured, his pale irises flicking in confusion. "What is your power anyway, Veidera?" Kator quietly asked, following the two girls out of the dungeon. He froze as something whistled through the air beside him. An arrow. A single one, with white feathers of a Lyryu. Pulling the arrow out of a tree, he saw the head was really a tooth and carved into the wood was a single name. Sirintin. No more arrows flew at him. It was one, and it wasn't meant to hit him. It was just a reminder of what could be.

"I don't know. I've never tried anything like that. Besides wouldn't it look a bit suspicious if fog just rolled in from out of nowhere?" Nylaea replied. But suddenly an arrow flew past Kator; he pulled it out of the tree and she could see Sirintin's name on the shaft of the arrow. Nylaea bit her bottom lip in frustration. "Alright. I'll try it." Taking a deep breath, Nylaea closed her eyes to concentrate. Using her power, she sought out the nearest water source. Sensing a small river near, she pictured the water evaporating into tiny droplets and combining with the moisture in the air. Then she cooled the air temperature just above the land's surface. It was difficult, but Nylaea put every bit of her will into it. Slowly, the air moisture increased and it became slightly humid and cool around them. A thick fog began to gather around them and it became harder to see any significant distance. "That should....do it," Nylaea stated before falling to her knees. "Trying new tasks with my power always takes a lot out of me." Nylaea tried to catch her breath, but the air was thick and she found it difficult to breathe.

((LOL! Not cool beans P! Gah! You got me amped up for the next post.))

((So sorrrryyyyy! My computer's internet stopped working for a while so I couldn't get on to post. Postin' now! BTW the map looks great))

"Um well, I can move light around and I have control over ice and freezing things. I can heal a bit too.." She spaced out a bit thinking.

Veidera snapped out of her spacey state as an arrow marked "Sirintin" whistled past them. Not a good sign. "They're watching." She whispered, trembling a bit. "Thank you Nylaea." She murmured. The fog was thick. "The only con about this is we can't see where we're going.." Veidera concentrated on remembering what the area around looked like. "We need to keep going that way. she pointed to the woods.

"Lumos." A ball of light appeared, flickering in her hand, illuminating the area around a little.

The thought chilled Kator to the bone of Sirintin and his brother watching their every move. Shuddering, he followed Veidera into the dark and misty forest. The air was thick with moisture that stuck to one's body and clothes. "Where are we going, anyway?" he asked, feeling like a sheep being lead to slaughter. He hated not knowing anything about his current situation or place. Turning to Nylaea, he though. "Hey, do you know any place we could go?"

((Woot! Finals today! So after today, I'll have more time for the next few weeks to rp.))

((I know. I is sorry. I've been working so much lately, all I want to do when I get home is sleep. The sun takes it out of me, especially when it's freaking 110 degrees out like everyday, even at night.))