Packgoater

IVORY

BASIC HISTORY

Stars shine in the sky above the world Aetalia. The oceans are blue and the land is green. The land is in a single mass and it is called "Royn." It is the land ruled by King Theus, a man of wealth and power. When he talks to his people they believe he has no fear, but King Theus is two-faced, and has great fear of the "demons." He has naught else to worry about, for the land is fertile and plentiful and he has the latest technology of swords and armor.

The king's fear led him to kill the demons' last leader. Even though the demons were more naturally supreme, the humans found that fire can kill a demon most easily. The king has discovered how to make swords out of a metal, chin-chin, which has properties designed to bring down the demons (such as flammability). The metal is extremely expensive, but if you are a nobleman or if you are high up (like a general, sergeant, or colonel) in the king's army, you probably have access to chin-chin. This alone could not have made him able to kill their old leader, Saksuu, but with the help of a few angels, the process was not terribly difficult. Like most demons, Saksuu had ivory skin and hair, long teeth in many rows like sharks, and leathery, bat-wings. He was also was slim and muscular, a trait of most Kiichin. The king, in contrast, was rather rotund with slightly tanned skin and dark, wavy hair. He had small, pebble-eyes that suited a rat more than he. But, though many had tried, none could overthrow the King, for he had angelic guardians.

Though the king and his subjects didn't know, These angelic creatures were the same species as the demons, known as Kiichin. The demons had the prominent gene, so there were few of the angelic creatures. The "Ivory Shadows" as the king called them, had the same ivory skin and hair, but where the demons had leathery wings, the angels had feathered. Where the demons had reptilian eyes, the angels had human. Where the demons had a long, dragon-like tail, the angels had none. Where the demons had rows of visible teeth, the angels' were concealed.

The Roachii and the Lyryu were the same once. They had one name that described themselves and that was Kiichin. Then, millions of years after the first Kiichin, the Kiichin's land merged with another, a land where there were no Kiichin, only humans. Of course the merge didn't happen overnight, but over millions of years. When the Kiichin land merged with the human land, this was called the "Saphryno"-The Great Merge. Before Saphryno was when the Kiichin became separate. The lands were just starting to come near each other. After a time the curious Kiichin were able to fly over and catch a glimpse of the human world, even visiting them sometimes, as they were a favorite of the king, Gorlion. However, most others didn't like them so much, and were usually afraid of the creatures. (before they weren't able to because flying is very exhausting). Everything was fine for awhile. Then the old king, Gorlion, who was very fond of the Kiichin, died and left heir to Theus, his one and only son.

At this point the Kiichin had started to separate. The humans were awed by the mystical Lyryu, but frightened by the Roachii. The Lyryu were still allowed to breed with Roachii at this time. The Lyryu (the ones that followed their leader unconditionally) started to break away from the Roachii as they realized most humans were afraid of the Roachii and as their leader proclaimed the Roachii inferior. Their own leader, Limpton, denounced and outlawed associating or breeding with the Roachii. If two Lyryu had a Roachii, they were forced to kill it or leave it in the barrens, the desert of Aetalia. If the baby survived, it was outcast to the Roachii. As I said, the Lyryu looked down upon the Roachii. At this point they called themselves the Lyryu, which translates to "Greater," and the demons the Roachii, or "Lesser Insect." The Lyryu looked down upon Saksuu, pronouncing him a gambling drunkard.

Not all Lyryu were like this though, and a lot of Lyryu looked down at the thought of killing their own species. There was, and still is, an organization called "Last Chance." They are a rebel group, set out to stop the Lyryu from killing their own species. They are constantly being searched for by Limpton, who wants them dealt with. Permanently.

The Roachii called themselves "Sacrii" or "Sacred," while they called the angles "Cuuchoin," or "Dirt on the Bottom of My Foot." The Roachii eventually stuck with the name Roachii, but after a long time. Saksuu was a god to the Roachii. He taught them to fight back, to use their claws and teeth as they should be used. To use their thirst for blood as a weapon of savageness, not a weakness of wanting. Saksuu was their life-line.

Theus was friends with Saksuu when he was young. When he inherited the throne he liked to gamble (one of the many bad habits he never even attempted to break) and he always chose to do so with Saksuu. Saksuu always seemed to win. By chance, Theus dropped a card one day. He went under the table to pick it up and saw an extra card crammed in between Saksuu's knees. Outraged, he drew his sword and caught Saksuu in the wing. Saksuu bared his teeth and threw himself at Theus, that image forever imprinted in Theus' mind, causing Theus' fear of Roachii. Saksuu didn't want to be in this situation, so he picked up a nearby silver platter, flew upward, and dropped it onto Theus' head. Theus had complete amnesia, only remembering the image that frightened him. And so began Theus' hunt for the Roachii.

PLOT

As the result of the king killing their last leader, the demons started creating chaos and destroying the king's towns. They are leaderless, banding together in small groups, being quite unruly. They also have elemental powers, which focus mainly on ice and water, really anything but fire. They can sometimes control metals, but the chin-chin metal uses a lot of power to control. This is sometimes useful if they are one-on-one, as they could constrict their opponent's armor, but faced against a mass army, they would not be able to do much. They can fly and have a good sense of smell, but are usually not the sharpest tools in the shed. Their smarts are polarized, either they're pretty dumb, or they're very smart in the strategic sense. Their home, Thistlebroach Mt., is tall, barren and steep. The only way up it is by a slim, dangerous path, or by flying. It is a hollowed-out mountain with abandoned bat-farms. Roachii, like Lyryu live off of blood, like vampires. They can get that blood from animals, like they used to, or they can drink human blood, like they mostly do now. Another popular drink, what they call "Juice" is a mix of liquor and blood.

They are also knee-deep in trouble, as the king has "banned" all demons from existence. If they had a general to band them together, they might still have a fighting chance. They are trying to hold elections in their main home, Thistlebroach Mt., but are quite unsuccessful as every demon knows that as soon as they are crowned general, their head will be first on the chopping block. The king has an elite band of angels with the sole purpose of killing the next rebellious leader to appear. They are faster stronger, agiler, and more powerful than any before. With special weapons to wield as well, they strike fear into the demon's hearts.

The demons, or the Roachii (Roach-y) have taken quite the toll on the human population, and no one wants to fight the creatures. The king's army almost all dead, he ordered a draft for anyone over 16, who wasn't royalty or an aristocrat. Many were unhappy about this and are thinking about revolting against their King. But unless these rebels can align with the Ivory Shadows, there will be no way to even touch their two-faced king.

Most other creatures align with either the Ivory Shadows, as the humans protectors, or with the demons, wanting their own personal glory. Some yet are smart enough to stay out of trouble.

The Ivory Shadows can be called a number of names including Angel, Shadow, Ivory Being, King's Pet, and what they call themselves, Lyryu (Lie-rye-yew). They have exceptional hearing and can fly. They have powers that focus on the elements, like ice or fire. Their powers increase with their age, and they can live to over 500 years. Their powers depend on the strength of their emotions, for instance if they are feeling angry, their powers will increase. Keep in mind that with their power comes exhaustion, and if they use too much, death. Long ago, most promised to protect the humans no matter what happened. But now, that means killing their own species. Will they kill their own species, meaning possibly killing their own children, or will they align with the demons and break their promise? Some go into hiding, but this doesn't help much either. The king ordered death to all Lyryu that break their promise of helping and protecting the humans. If you are one of the few who didn't sign to the pact, you're off the hook. For now.

RULES

NO GODMODING

NO LESS THAN FIVE SENTENCES PER POST

KEEP IT PG13

NO CHARACTER IS PERFECT

CHARACTER SHEET SHOULD BE PM'D TO ME

NO PLAYING AS THE KING UNLESS NECESSARY (for instance if someone is trying to kill the king and makes it into the throne room)

RESPECT EACH OTHER

NO CHATTING UNLESS IT IS RELATED TO THE RP AND EVEN THEN KEEP IT IN DOUBLE BRACKETS/PARENTHESIS LIKE SO: ((HI))

CHARACTER SHEETS

You can be anyone you want as long as it's not the king. If you are someone important, don't be bossy. Instead of "I'm the general so you have to make your guy attack here!" do something like "Could you make your guy go here? I'm trying to assemble forces attack at x point." There are also the cross-breeds, like half-Kiichin. A human and Kiichin can produce a half Kiichin, which often looks like a human with wings (depending on if the mother/father was Roachii or Lyryu the wings can be feathered or leathery) and the Kiichin abilities, but dimmed and not as strong.

USERNAME:

CHARACTER NAME:

RACE:

APPEARANCE:

PERSONALITY:

WHAT KIND OF MAGIC, IF ANY (Again, I don't want a creature with a death ray. Dragons that fly, breath fire, that kind of thing. If I think your magic is too over the top, I'll ask you to revise this part. I'd like you to describe what powers they mainly focus on/use. EX: Longwing can breath fire and can turn invisible for about 30 seconds at a time):

WHAT THEY THINK ABOUT THE WAR:

BIO/HISTORY:

STARTING PARAGRAPH TO HELP DESCRIBE YOUR CHARACTER (OPTIONAL):

Edited by Packgoater

Not a bad start, great on the detail and length. A few things that could help clarify things/avoid powerplaying are stated below. Take them or leave them. wink.gif When you're done looking them over, post again and I'll take a deeper look at the grammar and such of this RP. =)

In Character Sheets:

You may want to add a "Gender" and "Age" category.

Rules: You probably know this, but I'm just making sure; if you wish, it may be good to add rules that prohibit flaming, marysues, powerplaying, and godmodding.

Some questions:

What are the powers of the Roachii/Lyryu, if any? How much detail do you expect people to go into when stating what their character can do (as in what kind of 'powers' they have) if they're some other species? Do they have to limit their powers?

Other things, more because I'm curious:

What is Underworld Mt., home of the Roachii, like? What do the Roachii and Lyryu eat? Are there half-Kiichin/is that possible?

Grammar thing:

~Put commas/periods inside the quotes instead of on the outside.~

Wrong:

He said it was the "right thing".

Right:

He said it was the "right thing."

How did the King kill the last demon lord? If the demons are as you describe, they could tear him to shreds, even with his armor and sword. Are the angles also fighters as well as guardians?

They also sometimes have minor powers, like metals or stones

The first time I read this, I thought that a demon can make a ruby fly into your eye. Please clarify what 'stones' entail, since it took me a good minute to figure out you possibly meant things like granite. Also, I can't imagine how metal magic would be minor. If its what I think, turning a person's sword into a mess or using it to smith top-notch weapons is pretty major.

Their home, Thistlebroach Mt., Is tall, barren and steep.

'Is' should not be uppercase since it follows a comma and is in the same sentence.

or they can eat human blood

You mean drink, correct? Unless it's coagulated, you drink blood.

They are trying to hold elections in their main home, Thistlebroach Mt., but are quite unsuccessful as every demon knows that as soon as they are crowned general, their head will be first on the chopping block

Do they seriously have the King breathing down their necks? From your description, it seems the demons are in a hard-to-reach area, so it would take a while for an army to come execute a general. And while you're there, since demons are "banned from existence", why not kill a few thousand demons? Or even all of them? And why don't the demons stand up to the slaughter of the generals? The army is small and has no morale, so demons can take them out quite easily. Please, please explain this reluctance to take the general post more.

Let's try to stick to things like dragons, shifter, elementals, and were-animals, 'kay?

What are the alignments to each? I think these should be minor groups that RPers cannot join, mainly since we might have none to two people join as these. They would be aids on each side, yes, but this RP I think is mostly about humans and the Kiichin. People should be encouraged to join as that so the RP can move along these lines. If you threw dragons out, then I think it would be better, as the others will be for the most part human in some way. The reason I want to throw out dragons is since most are bigger than people and so a RPer with a dragon can only be in the front lines (streets may be too small).

This is just my opinion, so feel free to just ignore it.

Other creatures that are human-ish can also create half Kiichins, which will look like their non-Kiichin parent, but have the abilities of the Kiichin parent, but dimmed.

I think it should be reworded to the below so it is easier to understand:

Other humanoids can mate with a Kiichin to create half-Kiichins. The children will look like their non-Kiichin parent, but have the abilities of the Kiichin parent (though dimmed).

Sorry it took so long to get back to you: technical difficulties.

Stars shine in the sky, above the world Aetalia.

The comma here can be deleted.

The land is in one, single mass though, and that one mass is "Royn," the land ruled by King Theus, a man of wealth and power.

The "though" before the second comma isn't really necessary, and instead of repeating "and that one mass is" you could just put "called" if you preferred. Also, "one, single mass" is a bit redundant. Maybe "a single mass" would be better. These changes (not all are necessary but I think they'd make the sentence a bit more clear) would make the sentence look like this: "The land is in a single mass, called "Royn," the land ruled..." etc.

When he talks to his people, they believe he has no fear, but King Theus is two-faced, and has great fear of the "demons."

Delete the first comma (the one after "people").

The king has discovered how to make sword out of a metal, Chin-chin, which has properties designed to bring down the demon, such as flammability.

The last three words of this sentence should be moved to parentheses after

This alone could not have made him able to kill their old leader, Saksuu, but with the help of a few angels, the process was not terribly difficult. Like most demons, he had ivory skin and hair, long teeth in many rows like sharks, and leathery, bat-wings, and was slim and muscular.

Because the bolded words could be mistook for speaking of the same person, I'd suggest changing the bolded "he" to "Saksuu"~

The king, in contrast, was rather rotund, with slightly tanned skin, and dark, wavy hair.

The commas after "rotund" and "skin" should probably be deleted, as this sentence has a lot of commas.

The "Ivory Shadows" as the king called them, had the same Ivory skin and hair, but where the demons had leathery wings, the angels had feathered.

I don't believe that the "Ivory" before "skin" should be capitalized. Also, to be more specific, I'd suggest adding "as the demons" after "skin and hair".

Nice improvements from last time, good detail. Keep up the good work.

One last thing: you may want to consider expanding the first paragraphs in "Basic History" to tell a bit more about the relationship between the demons and the king, and perhaps give a bit more of a background on the king so that the RPers can better know how their characters should relate to him. Just some suggestions. wink.gif

Also, for curiosity's sake, how rare is Chin-chin? Can the average roleplayer have it?

*Happy RPing*

~LadyNatasha~

~This is all after "Character Sheets"~

You can be anyone you want as long as its not the king.

"Its" should have an apostrophe before the 's' because it is a short version of "it is".

A human and Kiichin can produce a half Kiichin, which often looks like a human, with wings (depending on if the mother/father was Roachii or Lyryu the wings can be feathered or leathery) and the Kiichin abilities, but dimmed and not as strong.

Delete the comma after "like a human". Also, add 'has' or some similar word right before "the Kiichin abilities".

Other humanoids can mate with a Kiichin to create half-breeds as well.

What other humanoids are available to RP as?

Okay I think I got it. Any other critiques? I'd like this RP to be as good as it can get, so I'm open to all critiques.

Stars shine in the sky above the world Aetalia. The oceans are blue, the land is green. The land is in a single mass though and it is called "Royn," the land ruled by King Theus, a man of wealth and power.

I know this part was already gone over, so I hope it's okay if I add my $0.02. ^^

I think it might flow better with the following changes:

The comma after "blue" could be deleted and replaced with an "and" so it would read: "The oceans are blue and the land is green."

The word "though" could be totally deleted. Rewording the sentence more like: "The land, called Royn, is a single mass and ruled by King Theus, a man of wealth and power."

The king's fear led him to kill the demon's last leader.

I believe the apostrophe in "demon's" should actually be after the "s". However, apostrophes are not my strong suit, so I could be wrong. x3

Of course the merge didn't happen overnight, but after a time the curious Kiichin were able to fly over and catch a glimpse of the human world (before they weren't able to because flying is very exhausting).

Before when? Before the land was merged? Structure of the sentence makes it a leetle confusing.

The Roachii and the Lyryu were the same once. They had one name that described themselves and that was Kiichin. [...]

At this point the Kiichin had started to separate. The Lyryu looked down upon the Roachii.

If they were the same and had one word for themselves, how/when/why did they start calling themselves different names and treating each other differently? Were they actually just similar, rather than the same, or did I skip something? o3o

Just some quick observations. ^^

The land is in a single mass and it is called "Royn," the land ruled by King Theus, a man of wealth and power.

This should be broken into two sentences, since it has two different themes (the land and the king).

The king has discovered how to make sword out of a metal, Chin-chin, which has properties designed to bring down the demons (such as flammability). The metal is extremely expensive, but if you are a nobleman or if you are in the king's army, you probably have access to chin-chin.

Bolded word should be plural.

Also, about the second sentence, does the king have a large army? If so, wouldn't only the higher ranked members have access to Chin-chin since it's so expensive?

Last thing, in one sentence you capitalize the first "Chin" but in the second one you don't. Words like "iron" wouldn't be capitalized there, but if you wish to capitalize it make sure you capitalize it every time it shows up.

Like most demons, Saksuu had ivory skin and hair, long teeth in many rows like sharks, and leathery, bat-wings, and was slim and muscular.

You have two "and"s at the end here, bolded: only the last one is necessary. Also, "was slim and muscular" should be changed to something along the lines of "had a slim and muscular build" because in the rest of the sentence you're talking about what he has (skin, hair, teeth, wings), not what he was (slim, muscular). By changing it to "had" a slim and muscular build (had a build), you'd be making the sentence accurate again. =)

Before Saphryno was when the Kiichin became separate.The lands were just starting to come near each other.

Add a space between the period and the next sentence.

After a time the curious Kiichin were able to fly over and catch a glimpse of the human world (before they weren't able to because flying is very exhausting). Everything was fine for awhile. Then the old king, Gorlion, who was very fond of the Kiichin, died and left heir to Theus, his one and only son.

The first sentence makes it seem like the Kiichin are doing this in a stealthy way, but then you mention that Gorlion was very fond of them. You may want to state (before you mention Gorlion) how the humans reacted to the Kiichin.

The Lyryu were still allowed to breed with Roachii at this time. The Lyryu started to break away from the Roachii as they realized this.

So they started to break away from the Roachii as they realized they were still allowed to breed with them?

Another popular drink, what they call "Juice" is a mix of liquor and blood.They are also knee-deep in trouble, as the king has "banned" all demons from existence.

These sentences should have a space between them. Actually, it'd be good for you to make the second one a new paragraph, since it's a completely different idea.

But now, that means killing their own species. Will they kill their own species, meaning possibly killing their own children, or will they align with the demons and break their promise?

Don't they already hate the demons and not want to be around them? I do understand the children part, but your earlier sentences about the history of the Kiichin made it seem like most Lyryu wouldn't mind taking out a few Roachii.

College finals are over, so I will have more time to help you out on this one. smile.gif Thank you for your patience.

~Lady Natasha~

Oh, its okay smile.gif I'm happy as long as I have somebody helping me get this into a literate or semi-literate state!

Approved characters:

USERNAME: Packgoater

CHARACTER NAME: Erchi

RACE: Kiichin, Lyryu

APPEARANCE: Snow white hair that is shaggy. Chiseled face, deep blue eyes. His wings are large and feathered and he is slim with a small bit of muscle. He usually wears the classic armor of the King's guard, silver and gold metal plating.

PERSONALITY: He tends to be relaxed and usually is laughing at something. He enjoys music and tends to be rather out-spoken. He can be rather cold to "outsiders" but when he warms up to them he will defend them eternally.

WHAT KIND OF MAGIC, IF ANY (Again, I don't want a creature with a death ray. Dragons that fly, breath fire, that kind of thing. If I think your magic is too over the top, I'll ask you to revise this part. I'd like you to describe what powers they mainly focus on/use. EX: Longwing can breathe fire and can turn invisible for about 30 seconds at a time): Erchi can create fire from the palms of his hands (I know... SO original...). He can't do anything besides that.

WHAT THEY THINK ABOUT THE WAR: Erchi is a bit of a slacker and thought this job guarding the king would be easy. Until the races went to the brink of war. He never expected to have to kill the Roachii and doesn't really want to as his parents were Roachii.

BIO/HISTORY: His parents were Roachii and sent him off to work for the king. He remembers flashes of his childhood but considers the King's Palace his home. He will protect the king at all costs.

STARTING PARAGRAPH TO HELP DESCRIBE YOUR CHARACTER (OPTIONAL):

Erchi walked through the stone walls of the king's palace. He grimaced as he noticed footsteps and the flickering of a torch. He growled as he saw it was the captain of his watch. Erchi was supposed to be with the king now, but had taken a "break" in order to meet at a bar with some friends. He quickly opened a wooden door and dashed in the room. It was the barracks of the King's elite, and the other Kiichin stared at him. He smiled uneasily and opened another door into a hallway. Left, right, another left, he went, successfully finding the king's room. He stood attention to the king and his stomach dropped as he realized there was a guard in his place. His deep blue eyes showed confusion and he felt suddenly small and weak.

"You're promoted to head of your watch, Erchi. We discovered Link in the bar drinking with a few friendsss. I hope you won't make the same mistake," the king drawled slyly, his pebble eyes locked on Erchi.

"N-no, sir. I will handle this position with grace, your honor," he replied, dreading to think of what would happen if he was caught drinking with friends. He would probably be exterminated.

Veidera walked down the corridor, bucket of soapy water in one hand, sponge and mop in the other. Her plain gray work dress rustle slightly as she moved. She turned into a room with a great domed ceiling. Dipping the mop in, she dragged it up and down the stained glass windows. Any especially dirty areas were scrubbed at with the sponge. When the window was clean, the light that streamed through was soft and glittering. Veidera spread her arms and basked in the glowing light.

"Veidera." The voice came from outside the hall. Another maid was there. "You are needed in the Kitchen, Veidera."

"Oh yes." She replied in her soft tone. Picking up her supplies she walked back to the corridor. "Let me change into an apron."

She dropped off the supplies in the storage room and entered her room. Pulling on an apron, she washed her hands and left for the Kitchen.

((You see. It was off, but with my powers, its back now))

Edited by Rainbow_Joy

((Yay! This is kinda what I picture Erchi like, except for no city behind him and wearing something less modern than a suit. (Guy angels are really hard to find. http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g297/the...imeangelguy.jpg ))

Erchi wandered down the halls, his hands still shaking. Link hadn't been in the bar and the King knew it. It was a threat. A threat to Erchi and all the others who had been at that bar. Erchi cringed as his armor clanked in the rhythm of his footsteps. His armor was so loud. He made a turn, opening the door to his quarters. He changed into some nice clothes and walked down to the kitchen. Smells were like an aura around the room; they seemed to constantly waft around the surrounding halls. He noticed a pretty Lyryu, probably a helper there.

"Hey. My name's Erchi," he said, used to girls fluttering over him once they found out he was one of the highest guards.

((Should I post my charrie sheet her too? So others know more about her?))

The Kitchen was warm and Veidera hurried to prepare the food for tonight's dinner. There were many people living in the palace or working that needed to be fed. Another baker handed her a sheet of pastries.

"Put those in the oven for me would you? They'll be done in 15 minutes."

Veidera nodded and set the timer to 15 and busied herself with polishing the silverware. Placing the last four spoons back, she checked the time left.

2 minutes remained. The sweet smell of the baking good mixed with the aroma of the Kitchen. It would flow around all the rooms close to the Kitchen too.

Veidera turned at the sound of a voice behind her.

"Hey, My name's Erchi."

It was man who had spoken to her. He looked kind of cute.

"Oh, hi. I'm Veidera. I work as a palace helper here." She introduced herself.

What else should she say? The oven dinged behind her and she took out the pastries, which were apple turnovers.

"Err, would you like to try a turnover? I just, um, baked them." She stuttered. "What do you do here in the castle?"

((Edited and added some stuff.))

Edited by Rainbow_Joy

((That would probably be good))"I'm the head of night-watch, the most dangerous watch of all," he boasted, taking one of the turnovers she had indicated. "Hey, these are good. Did you know Link? He's dead. Because of me. i was at the bar.. the king knew. Decided to kill him," he sighed, totally in the mood to just tell his secrets to anyone. He didn't care. He wanted to throw up. He had caused the death of a Lyryu today. He had, in a sense, killed somebody.

((Will add))

Veidera listened to Erchi talk about his position.

"I'm head of the night-watch, the most dangerous watch of all." He had said, quite proudly. Erchi had taken one of the turnovers and eaten it, complimenting the taste.

"I'll be sure to tell Liza that." Veidera said. Erchi went on talking.

"Did you know Link?"

Veidera paused thinking for a moment. Link, Link, Link She remembered running into someone who had introduced himself as Link. "I met him once while taking a walk. I never really know him. Why?"

Her question was answered immeadiatly.

"He's dead. Because of me. I was at the bar.. the king knew. Decided to kill him."

Speechless, Veidera had no idea how to respond to the outburst. "How... Are you not supposed to? And, why Link? He didn't do anything bad I hope? And..." Her voice trailed off. "I don't get it."

"Well... I was actually supposed to be guarding the King, a pretty important job, I wanted a drink. I went to the bar and, well, came back a little later than I should've. Big problem. Link because he was disposable. Not me because I'm one of the king's best," he said, his eyes gravitating towards the open window. Just thinking about it made him want to stretch his wings...

((Hello My form: USERNAME:Rainbow_Joy

CHARACTER NAME: Veilana

RACE:Lyryu

APPEARANCE: are pictures okay?user posted image Like that. She is average height.

PERSONALITY: She is a calm being. She treats people the way they treat her. Veilana loves nature, particularly daffodils and bunnies.

WHAT KIND OF MAGIC, IF ANY : She is gifted in ice and light power and flies.

WHAT THEY THINK ABOUT THE WAR: Pointless. War isn't going to help. The demons will keep regrouping. If they had any morals before, they have lost the last of it when their leader was killed.

BIO/HISTORY: Her family is nomadic and they decided to settle here because it would have been dangerous to leave after the demon leader was killed. Veilana works as a helper in the castle.

STARTING PARAGRAPH TO HELP DESCRIBE YOUR CHARACTER (OPTIONAL): :/ will write in the forum

Got it!))

Veidera listened to Erchi talk about what had happened. She could sort of understood what had happened.

Erchi was looking longingly at the window. Maybe...

Veidera placed the turnovers onto a cooling rack. "I'm pretty much done here. If you'd like, I'll go on a walk with you. I need a stretch too."

Erchi's attention turned back to her. He smiled, a walk would be nice. After all, flying was forbidden; the king didn't want his subjects flying away. "Yeah, that'd be nice. So, tell me about yourself," he said, his voice smooth. His eyes were a light purple-gray, calculating, alert and cunning. That was why he was one of the King's best.

Erchi's attention was back to her. "A walk would be nice."

Veidera knew he was thinking the same thin as her. She wanted to stretch out her wings and fly.

"So tell me about yourself." There was that smooth cunning voice again. Veidera laughed.

"Let me put on some more suitable clothes. I'll explain more about myself on our walk."

She quickly ran back down the corridor to her room, hung up her apron, and changed into an outdoor dress.

"I'm back!" she exclaimed running back into the Kitchen.

Erchi smiled, walking forward to the window. What he wouldn't give to fly out that window. He supposed he could... just a short little flight, to the ground and all... that wouldn't be so bad...

"I'm back!"

Erchi looked at her. "Alright, let's go," he said, his voice like melted chocolate. Though his voice might be nice, Erchi was by no means a particularly good man. He had faults, and plenty of them. He walked to the courtyard, turning his head to the sky. His wings spread, not flying, just stretching. He wondered if he would be able to fly. He hadn't flown in so long... maybe just a few wingbeats...