Packgoater

IVORY

Veidera glanced around the area. All the guards had left except for Erchi. So she couldn't leave. Well, some way or another, she'd do something, but for now, all she could do was crouch.

The Dark Lyryu grabbed the sign they had taped to the bars. He tossed it to the Blue Lyryu.

"That's why they have us in here. We didn't do anything. I think they want to test us." The Dark Lyryu said glaring at the wall.

"How do they test them?" Veidera asked herself softly. "Why...?"

((You keep leaving Kaden and Snips in limbo when you don't play your other char in Junkyard Dogs. lol Also, when are you gonna have Erchi let them out, if at all? Cuz I want Nylaea to have time to talk to Kator and maybe heal his wing. Also it says your inbox is full so you might want to delete some or I can't message you. lol))

Nylaea jumped a little when she finally heard the stranger talk. Raising her head off her arms, she glanced at the piece of paper, then turned her head to gaze up at her cellmate. When she finally got a good look at him, she was startled to realize that he was different; like her and yet not like her. The man was Lyryu definitely, but instead of having a head of white and ivory colored feathers, his hair was the black of night as were his wings. His looks were different, but definitely handsome. Nylaea was silent for a few moments before speaking up. "I know I did nothing wrong. At least not anything to be imprisoned for in the king's castle dungeon." Her sapphire eyes glimmered as she began to tear up. She quickly wiped her eyes, not wanting to let this strange man see her cry. "Why would they want to test us?"

((Actually, I was the last one. It was in my post when I first came back. No matter, anyway cuz I included them in my most recent post. And I think it might make more sense if Veidera did because Erchi wants to do his job.))

KATOR:

"Because we're different. Because we're not like all the others. We've already been outcast, so now we must be imprisoned, too," he said, a small ball of electricity playing on his fingers. He made it swell, lighting up the dungeon. "Ah, so the little lovebirds who were supposed to help me are here," he snarled, sending the ball swirling at the wall, where it dissipated. He sat down, his back to the wall of his cage. He glanced at the pretty girl with blue hair and wings. Would she try to betray him too? He didn't think so, but one could never be too sure.

Edited by Packgoater

((Ah ok. Lol sorry. Totally forgot about that one. But I replied and wrote in a way that they've already made introductions between Snips, Kaden, and Kelley, and that Snips and Kaden let Kelley hang around their alley a bit cuz the rp just like took off and it's confusing sometimes and I didn't want to have to go back and do all that.))

"But that's not fair. Being different is no reason to be outcast from your home," Nylaea sniffed. When her cellmate lit up the dungeon, she saw both the guard who had spoken to her when she was arrested and a stranger, a female Lyryu, both ordinary Kiichin who would never know the feeling of being cast out from their people just because they were different. But she gave them no more thought than that. "So they were supposed to help you with your hurt wing I assume," she said. "Do you mind if I take a look at it?"

"Ah, so the little lovebirds who were supposed to help me are here." The Dark Lyryu lit up the dungeon with a ball of electricity, showing Veidera.

"I-I'm sorry." Veidera stammered. "I was trying to help but they pulled you away. I didn't want to hurt... anyone."

She walked to Cell 201. "I don't want to hurt you." The Blue Lyryu had only glanced at her. "I'd like to help."

She shook the lock on the door. "I don't think you should be locked up any more than I should." The shaking obviously did nothing. "Erchi?" He probably knew she was here anyways. "Please, can you let them out? Please? It's only right."

"Veidera, you know I can't. That would mean that I would sacrifice my life for his. You know the king would kill me. Is that what you want? Is that what's right?" he asked, his eyes hard. He couldn't meet her eyes. He wouldn't. How could she even ask that of him? Didn't she know what it would mean? Besides, this was his job.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Of course it's not," he said in response to what she said about the king's pets capturing them. He stretched his injured wing out, the pain making hims dizzy. He knew it was broken, and frightfully so. He needed a doctor, but he doubted the king would give him the luxury of one. He sighed, a gloved hand holding onto a bar.

"What's right is fighting for the freedom of your people, all of your people, the Kiichin. Not capturing, enslaving, or killing them for the pleasure of an ignorant, power-hungry human!" Nylaea yelled out through the cell bars. She was getting angrier every moment that the pure Lyryu girl stood outside their cell, teasing them with the reality of her freedom. But that anger was soon replaced by worry when she saw the pain in the black winged boy as he tried to extend his hurt wing. She rushed over to him and covered his gloved hand with her bare one."You need to sit down and let me take a look at that," she said, concern filling her eyes as she looked up at him.

Edited by Lady Evirae

Kator crouched, slightly stiffening as her hand covered his own. He could feel the break in his bone, and the place the arrow had gone in. He shuddered, the smell of blood making him sick. He suspected that he would not be healed by the king's men, after all didn't he have some rule about not flying? This would just further help Kator stay on the ground and obey his command. He groaned, his eyes glaring at the two figures outside the cage. He continued to grip the bars tightly, his knuckles turning white.

Nylaea watched as he knelt down and moved to stand behind him. She gently ran her fingers over his wing, first locating the break, and then the arrow wound which had been shoddily bandaged. The cloth over the wound was red and damp with blood, indicating that it was not closing and it had bled through. She decided on fixing that first. Nylaea unwrapped the wound and placed a hand on each side of the opening. She drew in a deep breath and closed her eyes, concentrating on that single area in his wing. After several moments her hands grew colder as she called on her knowledge of healing magic. It only took a few minutes and little energy to completely close the wound. When she was done, she removed her hands, ripped off a piece of her tattered skirt, and wiped the blood off her hands. Now it was time to fix the broken bone. It would be harder and take more energy, but she could at least start it on it's way to recovery.

"Hold still," she said softly. "I need to straighten out the bone. This will hurt." Carefully, Nylaea positioned her hands on each side of the break and gently grabbed the wing. She took another breath, steadied her stance, and abruptly pulled to line the loose piece of bone up with the break. With that done, she ran her fingers over it once more to ensure that it was completely straight, then set about to heal it. Closing her eyes once more, her hands grew cold again and she focused her mind on the broken bone. It took the good part of an hour, but she was able to at least partially mend it.

"It still isn't completely healed; I've done all that I can. The bone will need time to strengthen the weakend spot of the break so you can't fly with it, but it will be fully functional when it does. Should only take a week or so," she told him. Exhausted, she walked back over to her side of the cell and laid down on the sad excuse of a bed that was there. "You know, I still don't know your name. I'm Nylaea."

Edited by Lady Evirae

Kator relaxed as she healed his arrow wound. Maybe this wouldn't be as painful as he thought.... He screamed as she pulled the broken bone and put it in place. He started to breathe rapidly, trying to cope with the pain. He felt himself starting to get dizzy and his vision blurred in front of him. He felt his grip on the bar loosen and suddenly everything went black. ((It is common to faint from the pain when people rework broken bones without anesthesia)) When he woke up, he found his wing did not hurt as badly. He shook his head, his ears ringing. He looked up to see the girl laying on the 'bed.' He groaned, sitting up with his back against the wall. He seemed to not have been out that long.

"You know, I still don't know your name. I'm Nylaea."

"Kator. My name is Kator," he grunted, hesitating before he responded. He stretched out his good wing, his body stiff. He yawned, revealing one row of razor sharp teeth. Sighing, he stood back up, noticing the girl was still there. Looking a bit harder at her silhouette, he realized that her wing shape was not a birds. Once again, a ball of electricity played upon his palm, showing him her shimmering rainbowish wings.

"So. Why isn't she in here? She's different, too. Look, Nylaea," he said, making a point of saying her name. He glared at the girl. This wasn't fair. Why was Kator stuck inhere but not the girl with butterfly wings?

"Kator. That's a nice name. Do you know what it means?" she asked. When he mentioned the Lyryu girl again, Nylaea struggled to sit up, all of her energy practically spent in healing Kator's wing. When she could turn her head enough to look at the girl, she saw that he was right. Her wings were not at all like a regular Lyryu's. They were shimmering, and all of a sudden Nylaea was slightly self-conscious about her plain, blue bat-wings. This just irritated her more. "Who knows...and frankly who cares? She still serves that wretched human king of theirs, so she's a traitor to the Kiichin," Nylaea responded. Nylaea laid back down; it was too tiring to even sit up. Suddenly, her stomach growled. "Great," she said, knowing that she probably wouldn't get fed. Hunger was another side effect of using so much magic at once, but she hadn't even thought about the consequences when she had been worried about Kator.

"'Dark One' in Kiichin. Does Nylaea mean anything? It rolls on the tongue nicely," he said, his eyes still locked on the shimmering set of wings. He shook his head, finding as soon as his eyes left the wings a screaming headache blazed through his skull. He nodded. The girl was serving the king, she was a traitor to the cause. Kator stood up and walked over to Nylaea, sitting down by her side. He needed to get out of here. Now. Footsteps sounded in the corridors around him, seeming to come from everywhere at once. Only one man walked over to the cage, not noticing the guard or the girl. He slid a key into the lock, opening the door and closing it behind him. He now stood in Kator and Nylaea's cage. Suddenly Kator saw a feather. The man had wings, but had folded them across his back, hoping these two would not see. Suddenly Kator could not move. He was held as if my invisible bounds. He came to Kator, opening his mouth, looking at his eyes, prodding him. He pulled out a knife, pushing it into Kator's arm. Red blood oozed out and the man looked surprised. It seemed he thought that Kator might have black blood to match his hair. He walked over to Nylaea, but Kator couldn't see what happened next, he couldn't turn his head to check. Once the man was done with her, he nodded to two other guards, who promptly brought a human from another cell and shoved him in, expecting them to eat it. They then left as quickly as they came, the footsteps fading into the dark passageway.

"Nylaea means 'Star of Ice,'" she replied. Nylaea saw Kator come and sit by her out of the corner of her eye. She was about to continue speaking when footsteps resounded through the dungeon. An unknown man came into their cell and closed the door behind him. She watched him go over to Kator and examine him. When she saw him pull out the knife, she tried to get up. But her energy was all spent and she could only manage extending her arm. "Leave him alone!" she cried out. She was horrified to watch as the man plunge the knife into Kator's arm. Though she knew that there were risks to overextending herself in the use of magic, she tried to call on her ice powers. However, all she could do was manage to cool the temperature in the cell. That's when the man turned to her, and as he did so, Nylaea found it harder and harder to breathe. It was as if some huge, unseen weight was pressing down on her body, preventing her from moving at all. A quiet "no" was all she could gasp as the man walked over to her.

"Half Roachii, half Lyryu," he said softly, so only those inside the cell could hear. "Your Lyryu parent should have left you in the desert after you were born seeing as how breeding across the subspecies is forbidden. But you are quite a rare specimen because of that. Also a pretty one. If only you had feathers, maybe I could keep you." The terrifying man smiled at her as his eyes examined all of her. "No tail, one row of teeth, only your canines are fangs, much like the Lyryu. And such nice blue hair. It seems that your only Roachii features are your wings," he said as he ran his hands across her wings. "Maybe I can keep you; I have connections with the king. He would surely never condemn such a special specimen to death. We shall see, won't we, little one?" At that, he left the cell and had the guards toss a human in. When he left the weight pressing down on her body was lifted, but Nylaea could do nothing except cry. That man had made her more terrified than she had ever been in her life, even when she had watched her mother's murder. There was something so off and wrong about him, it made her want to take a bath. She managed to turn onto her left side with her back to Kator, wrap her right wing around her, and curl into the fetal position. Nylaea hoped that Kator couldn't hear her sobs, but she couldn't keep herself from crying.

Kator really wasn't sure what to do when she started crying. He sat there, staring for a moment, wondering what to do. What could he do? He could try to comfort her, but he wasn't really sure how. He hesitantly put a hand on her shoulder, still not sure what to say. He bit his lip, his brows knit together.

"Um... are you okay?" he asked after awhile, kneeling now. One hand brushed through his hair. He was stressed. He didn't know what to do. All he knew was that he needed to get out of here. He sighed. The man had said things to Nylaea, but not to him. Why?

((It looks like I might be playing the evil scientist man! Muahahahahahaaaa!!!))

Nylaea felt Kator's hand on her shoulder. She turned back around and was finally able to sit up. She sniffed and looked up at him, her face still wet with tears. "I don't want to be in here. I want to leave," she said. "That man....his presence felt wrong. I've never felt something so...evil." Nylaea glanced down at her crossed legs. As she did so, she saw the knife wound in Kator's arm. It was bleeding badly. "Your arm...does it hurt? I didn't mean to be so rude as to forget that he hurt you. I'm sorry. I could try to heal it." Nylaea gently ran her fingers down his forearm.

((Uh yeah, we need evil characters too! Okay, how about this, you get the evil scientist that came in, I'll be his evil colleague! Works out perfectly.))

"No. You've already used most of your energy. There was something wrong about him. He was a Lyryu, but he was testing on another Kiichin. I have never seen a Lyryu or Roachii do something like that. It's just wrong. It's like an unsaid law. Maybe the king has a magic over them? Probably not. But there was a sense of power about him, like holding us immobile was nothing to him. That man is dangerous. If there is one, there will be more," he said, his voice almost ghostly. Absentmindedly his hands played with a small electric orb, twirling it around as it traveled down his hand.

((Evil colleagues!!! Muahahahahahaa!! I'm also working on a bio for an evil Roachii that could take control of the scattered groups and fight back....but for evil purposes. Yay for conspiracies! If that's alright with you?))

"Well at least let me bandage it. Healing magic isn't the only way I know how to treat injuries," Nylaea replied as she tore another strip from her skirt. Straightening his arm out, she firmly wrapped the cloth around the wound several times and tied it off. "That should stop the bleeding. This wound isn't as deep as the arrow wound was, so it should heal quickly on it's own." Nylaea wiped her eyes once more and looked at the human. "So what do we do with him?" she asked.

((Is Veidera supposed to be in there?))

"Erchi, I don't want you to be hurt. I don't know what to do. I feel terrible about doing nothing. It's just a feeling.

The two Lyryus in the cell were introducing themselfs and Veidera sheilded her eyes from another ball of electricity. Both of them looked at her and Veidera self-consciously folded her wings back again. Why do they always attract attention to myself? She thought furiously.

"So. Why isn't she in here? She's different, too. Look, Nylaea" Kator said, glaring at her.

Veidera was getting upset. Assuming I'm a bad person because I work for the king isn't nice. Just because she served the king didn't make her evil. What if the survival of her family depended on it? Veidera didn't say anything, though she gave them a look that said "Don't judge me."

She shrank back into the shadows as a man's footsteps echoed down the dungeon. When he appeared, there was definitely something off. Nylaea noticed it too.

How wierd.. It's like there isn't something right with his presence.

He plunged a knife into Kator's arm and blood spurted out. Why he looked surprised, Veidera didn't get. Duh. You slice some one they're going to bleed. What'd you expect? Orange juice?

He tested Nylaea and said something that terrified her but Veidera couldn't hear. She could hear her sobbing after the man left though.

Nylaea finished healing Kator and Veidera was impressed.

((Cool with me, Evirae))

"Without him there's no way out. Unless we can get this girl to help us. We need one of them," he said in an undertone. "We can't do anything." Now that she had recovered from her breakdown he locked himself up again. Not showing any emotion. Closing all the others off. He stared at the wall as if he expected a door to appear right in it.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Erchi just grunted. He snarled at the dark Lyryu as Kator stared at Viedera's wings and Erchi threw a large stone in the cage. He knew he was being over protective, but he felt like he had to be. He didn't quite know why, he just felt the instinct.

((Lol what are we going to do with the human? Nylaea doesn't want to feed on humans.))

As Kator whispered to her, Nylaea felt herself growing slightly warmer as his body moved a bit closer to hers. She could feel the blood rush into her cheeks as she blushed. To hide it from Kator, she turned her face away so he couldn't see. Nylaea had never been around a Kiichin male. Her mother had raised her and she had never known her father, so she knew little of the subtleties of attraction and romantic interest in another. These unknown feelings confused her and made her want to talk to her mother about it, but her mother was dead and she knew of no one else she could speak in confidence to. When she had finally managed to calm herself down, she turned back to Kator and noticed that he had resumed that same emotionless stare he had worn when she was first thrown into the cell with him. For some reason, this both saddened and frustrated her all at the same time. To get her mind off of it, she slowly stood up and made her way over to the human that was cowering in the corner of their cell.

"Ummm....hello?" she asked him.

((Kator will probably eventually feed on him once he realizes why this man is in there...

Sirintin is my evil character, BTW))

"Hello," he said in a slimy voice, dripping with the same wrongness the other Lyryu had. "Why am I in here, you ask? To study you. Sirintin sent me, and when he gets mad, I'd rather be feasted upon. He and the other one, the one that put you in here, they are twins, though not identical. They both share a power, a power to collapse you. They can press your lungs flat in one thought, petty girl," he said, his black pebble eyes cold. He ran his tongue over his teeth, it sliding across his.. fangs? Several rows of them? He was Roachii, though as he turned around to face the two outside the cell, marks on his back were visible where his wings were cut off.

"Oh, Sirintin did this. Collapsed them first, he did. Then he just cut them off. Completely painless, you know. When he collapsed them I lost all feeling." By the way he was acting it was clear he was hypnotized. And obviously by none other than the twins.

((OH SNAPPITY DOO-DAH!!! Okie dokie. So Sirintin and Erchii are twins? Or Sirintin and the evil scientist I'm playing?))

When the strange man spoke, Nylaea shuddered all over as she felt the same evil aura she had felt earlier. She stumbled backwards as he moved, revealing his Roachii features. With his scarred back towards her, Nylaea was horrified to see where his wings used to be. "Why...why would they do that to you?"

((The evil scientist. They're evil scientist twins. How much more creepy can you get?))

"They're saints. They would never do anything to hurt me. This way I don't try to fly away and hurt myself. It is safe here. Why would I want to leave?" he said.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Kator leaped over with surprising agility, grasping the man's throat in his hands, his eyes hard. They started to tighten as the man struggled to bite him. His gloved hands tightened, but not enough to kill the man. He threw the man against a wall, knocking him out. Kator stood, lightning covering one of his hands. He pointed at the man, about to let the lightning leap from his arm...

((Ah! Makes creepy sense! lol Yea sorry. Got a bit confuzzled there.))

Nylaea realized that the Roachii man was under some sort of spell as he answered her. She was about to respond to him when suddenly Kator sprung from where he had been standing to seize the man's throat. Kator threw him against the wall and was about to kill him, but Nylaea ran forward and grabbed his arm. "Don't Kator! He doesn't know what he's saying. It's not his fault he's here," she pleaded him. "Please."

"What are we supposed to do with him, then? What do you suggest? If we somehow get him un-brainwash he'll kill himself. Wings are our life, Nylaea. What would you do if you couldn't get back to someone you cared about? What would you do if you lost your wings, becoming almost human? Why not put him out of his misery?" he snarled, the vacant look coming back over his eyes again. Electricity was still covering his hand, becoming more and more dangerous as he got more and more angry. Soon his whole arm was covered in electricity, bright blue electricity that begged to leap and electrocute someone.