Packgoater

IVORY

Veidera turned as Erchi opened up his wings and stretched them.

"Be careful." Veidera advised. He looked as if he were longing for something. "Don't fly. You know how angry the king becomes. He might get madder than when you come back late." Veidera hoped this would be more effective as an argument.

Sighing, she looked around the courthouse. "It's a beautiful day today. I'm guessing no attacks will be happening soon." She yawned and rubbed her sore shoulder blades. Her wings were just bagging to flap again. Obeying them, Veidera unfolded her wings and they shimmered in a pale rainbow as they caught the light.

She lightly flapped them a couple times. "It does feel good."

"Sometimes I think about how bad it would really be to join the Roachii. I could fly then, I could do whatever I wanted. No rules... no nothing. But then I remember I know nothing about them. I remember that hey hate us. That we hate them. That I have a place to sleep here. That I have nothing there," he said sadly, beating his wings a few times like her. It felt so good... He looked at Veidera's wings. They played with the light, creating rainbows. They were more like a butterfly's wings than a bird's. Would that mean she was Roachii? Or was there some other breed of Kiichin?

"Sometimes, you have to sacrifice things for what you think you need to do."

Erchi was watching her wings. Feeling self-conscious, she quickly folded them back. He was looking at them funny.

"What?"

"Your- your wings. They're... beautiful. They're not a bird's or a bat's. They're like a butterfly's. I've never seen anything like it before," he said, looking up as a dark shape, a Lyryu it looked like from the wings, spiraled to the ground with a thud. The figure appeared to have black wings and hair, unlike anything anyone had ever seen before. A hand struggled to lift. Erchi knew he should report this thing, this creature, but he had something in him telling him not to. He stood there, not sure if he wanted to help this creature or not.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CHARACTER NAME:

RACE:Lyryu

APPEARANCE: CHARACTER NAME: Kator

RACE:Lyryu

APPEARANCE: http://i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv354/A...DarkAngel-1.jpg

PERSONALITY: He's rather kind, if you get to know him. Otherwise he can be viewed as hostile. He doesn't tend to trust people, often outcast for his dark hair and wings.

WHAT KIND OF MAGIC, IF ANY : He has electrical powers. He can create small ball of lightning and fire them from his hand, though they cost energy.

WHAT THEY THINK ABOUT THE WAR: He has no view on the war. He's got a view on the draft, though. He doesn't want to fight for the king, so he's on the run.

BIO/HISTORY: His parents gave him up as a small child to the Roachii, thinking him cursed, for he had black hair. He was given to a local wise-woman who raised him, unknown by the parents. She died when he was seven, forcing him to live on his own. No clan of Roachii or Lyryu alike would have him, for even the Roachii had white hair and wings.

STARTING PARAGRAPH TO HELP DESCRIBE YOUR CHARACTER (OPTIONAL): I'll post as him now))

Kator groaned, raising his hand. He had seen two King's pets over there. Maybe they could help him. He had been hit with an arrow that sunk deep into his wing. The human was dead now, that way they couldn't report his presence to the king. Kator just hoped these two wouldn't do the same. He struggled to get up, his body bruised and beaten. He guessed that one of his wings was broken, though the rest of his body intact. His left wing hurt terribly, pain searing all the way up his shoulder.

"Help. Please help."

((Totally loving the new char look. lol I'm gonna join this one too, but I'll try to post my char sheet tomorrow. It's late and I have work in the morning.))

((Thanks. I like the picture too. biggrin.gif And that's cool with me.))

Edited by Packgoater

((Nice picture, fits him perfectly!))

Veidera blushed slightly as Erchi complimented her wings. She was about to say thank you when another creature crashed down from the sky with a painful sounding thud. He looked like a lyryu but his hair and his wings weren't white. They were Black.

She saw Erchi draw back at the sight of this creature. There was an arrow lodged in his wing. The dark lyryu was struggling to push himself up but he was so injured. "Help. Please help." He begged.

Veidera knelt by him and ran her fingers softly over the wound. "I think I may be able to fix him. Erchi, can you bring me something like a painkiller?" She turned so she could look at the stranger's face. It was bruised and scratched. "What is your name? And where do you come from?"

Username: Lady Evirae

Character Name: Nylaea

Race: Cross of Lyryu and Roachii

Appearance: Nylaea Like this, but also with light blue colored leathery wings. Due to being part Lyryu, she lacks several rows of teeth, only having one row, and she also lacks a tail.

Personality: Contemplative and quiet, Nylaea tends to think things through before speaking or acting. The state of the world has had a big emotional impact on her, even though she's never had an active role in it. She tends to be empathetic to the struggles of others. Growing up alone with no one except her mother around has made her introverted and socially awkward, a state made worse by those in her species shunning her. She thinks that she is alone in the fact that she doesn't look like either Lyryu or Roachii and longs for someone that knows how she feels.

What kind of magic, if any: Has some healing powers and control over water/ice. She is also skilled in hand to hand combat, with some talent in archery and swordplay, though she's never had to use either in actual combat yet.

What they think about the war: She doesn't quite know what to make of the war. On one side, she doesn't want the Roachii, or the Lyryu for that matter, to be slaughtered. But to keep that from happening, the only way that her race's extinction can be prevented would seem to be the extermination of the human race. However, she doesn't want her people to commit mass genocide.

Bio/History: Her mother was Roachii while her father was Lyryu. To ensure their child's safety, her mother took her away to live in isolation in the cold northern regions of the lands. Her mother named her Nylaea meaning "Star of Ice." Her mother taught her all that she could about the world and it's problems, and instructed her in the arts of controlling and manipulating water and ice. Being part Lyryu, Nylaea isn't as affected by fire as her mother was, but it still burns. When Nylaea was 14, she and her mother flew south into farmlands owned by the humans and patrolled by the Lyryu that served the king so that they could find the secret rebel group called "Last Chance." Nylaea's mother wished for the reunification of their peoples so that Nylaea could live openly in the world. But before they could find the group, her mother was discovered by the Ivory Shadows and was murdered. Nylaea had been hidden from them and was able to escape unnoticed. Since that day, Nylaea has been living in the wildernesses of Aetalia, hiding from both Lyryu and Roachii, who won't have anything to do with her because of her non-traditional features.

Starting Paragraph: Crouching down behind a wild berry bush, Nylaea let out a slow breath. Her sapphire eyes widen as she spotted her prey: a young doe completely unaware of her predator's presence. Nylaea waited as the deer made its way closer to her position, knowing that the berries were an irresistable treat for the wildlife here. When it was almost upon her, Nylaea made her move. Striking with lightning fast speed, she pounced on the animal and pinned it to the ground, struggling to keep its small hooves from connecting anywhere important. With one hand wrapped around its neck, she squeezed enough to cut off the deer's air flow; not enough to kill it, just knock it unconscious for a few minutes so that Nylaea could feed. She didn't like to kill anything if she didn't have to, unlike some of her race. Most Roachii would drain their prey dry, but that wasn't how Nylaea worked. She would just take enough to sustain her and then let the animal free. The doe eventually stopped kicking and passed out and Nylaea drank her fill. Once she was finished, she quietly thanked the animal and began to make her way through the forest.

Edited by Lady Evirae

((Sorry I haven't been on. I had to go to a camp and my parents wouldn't let me use the computer so I may not be able to post much for the next three days. I'm really sorry for that late notice. Please don't kick me off the roleplay!!))

((Don't worry, Rain. You won't be kicked off either of my RP's. And Evirae, approved. I like her a lot. ))

Erchi grunted, his hands reaching to one of his pockets. He often got hurt on the job, so carrying painkillers was a habit for him. He felt a strange feeling in the pit of his stomach, a feeling like he wanted to get Veidera away from this man. It wasn't a feeling telling him that the man was dangerous... it was more like he wanted to BE the Lyryu she was caressing. He shook the thoughts out of his head, handing her the pills that were kept in a small wooden vial.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kator looked at the deep red pills, knowing exactly what the 'painkillers' were made of. A powerful blood and large dosage of alcohol combination. He grunted, slowly sitting up, his eyes glazed with pain. He noticed two white angels above him, their perfection a mental wound. They would never know what it was to be outcast. To be unwanted. They had perfect lives, always wanted, looked up to. Kator had been shoved away even by the Roachii, a disgrace nothing compares to. The ultimate banishment. His pale eye fixated on the two Lyryu, their white irises giving him a ghostly look. In that moment he looked feral, more like a wild cat than a Lyryu. His eyes revealed his mistrust, something he believed would never change.

Nylaea soon came upon a slow-flowing river. After determining that the weather was warm enough, she quietly stripped down to her under-clothes. Gathering her worn clothes up in her arms, she carefully walked down into a shallow area near a tree that hung out over the edge of the river. Steadying herself against the current, Nylaea set about to wash her few tattered garments. The task didn't take long; she certainly didn't own much, her clothing being one of her few possessions. After she was done, she looked around to make sure the coast was clear, stripped the rest of the way down and hung all of her wet clothes on a low hanging branch. Stretching her leathery, blue wings, she made her way into deeper water. When she was chest-deep in the river, Nylaea dipped her head back and quickly straightened back up, running her hands through her now wet, light blue hair. After several days of hunting and not being able to wash, Nylaea was ecstatic with this wondrous opportunity to bathe. She was definitely going to take her time and relax in the water.

Metal armor clanked as the guard surrounded Kator. They lifted him up, pressing spears to his back. He slowly walked forward, following them as he was shoved into a large building and down a spiral staircase. He was in a dark room, cells lining the walls. Cell 201 was his, luckily no one else was in it. Yet. He pressed himself up against iron bars, bare feet scratching against the concrete floor. His one good wing was flared in the defensive position, held out to it's full length. He finally gave up, returning to the cell floor to sleep. There were several bed rolls, each a layer of thin linen. There also was a small bowl to go to the bathroom in and a small window covered with bars. He tested them and they burned. A guard walked over and hung a sign on his cage. Room 201, colored Kiichin. So there were more like him... sounded like they must've already found another.

((Thanks you, I'm back. Can I give Veidera the ability to heal? It would work with my posts more.))

Veidera was astonished as Erchi pulled out some of the pills from his pocket. They were handy when you got injured. And he probably would, being a guard. He had an expression on his face that Veidera couldn't decipher. Then it disappeared. Veidera took the pills from the bowl.

"Thank you Erchi." Veidera smiled. She gave the pill to the injured Lyryu and hoped it would work.

"This will hurt a bit." She warned the Dark lyryu. He was looking up at both of them with distrust. "Don't worry. I know how to take care of wounds."

The arrow was lodged in his wing and gently but with force, she pulled it out. She ripped part of her dress off and clamped it over the hole to soak the blood up.

Before she could do anything else, guards had come. They pushed her away from her patient and surrounded him, spears at his back.

"Wait!" Veidera yelled. He was still very hurt. "He's hurt!"

The guards, as usual, didn't pay any attention to her and carried him away, probably to a cell in the dungeon. "But, he didn't do anything...."

Veidera sank down into the grass and sighed. "What do we do?" she asked Erchi, hoping he had an idea.

"What do you mean? There's nothing we can do. They have him, probably testing why he has black hair. I'll be positioned there tonight. I'm not letting him lose. Did you see the look on his face the one time? He looked feral. And dangerous. It's best he was locked up," he said, his eyes slightly sad. Inside he was also slightly relieved. He couldn't place why, but all he knew was that he was.

"I-I guess you're right." Veidera concluded. "But he was so hurt and it's so unfair of them." She thought of the mad, wild look he had given her. He was dangerous. But he hadn't done anything to her.

He was different, but they shouldn't judge him. Veidera didn't know what to do. She knew Erchi was right, but she felt all twisted inside.

It would be best to leave it alone.

"What do you want to do next?" Veidera asked with a bit of forced happpiness. Random falling lyryus with arrows sticking out of them just dull your day.

"What do I want to do? Fly. As I can't do that I thought maybe a stroll in the palace gardens?" he asked, smiling in response to her. She reminded him of the pretty little butterflies that swarmed around you when you walked in and out of the garden. He shook his head. No, he mustn't think like that. He had a job, a very important one at that.

Clean! So very clean! Nylaea was ecstatic. Her long bath had brought calm relaxation to her heart, more than she'd felt in a long time. It was funny how such a small thing could put you in such a good mood when you've gone without for a while. Extending her wings to their fullest, she brought them down quickly and jumped with her legs to give her enough force to take to the air. Her wings softly beating, she rose about 10 feet in the air to hover above the river, then flew down to the bank where her now dry clothes were waiting. It didn't take long for her body to dry because a cool breeze had picked up. She put on her tattered clothes and looked at her reflection in the mirror and grimaced. Self-made sewing repairs can only take you so far I guess, she thought to herself. It was time for some new clothes. Nylaea didn't like go to populated areas, but sometimes it was necessary for certain supplies. And seeing how she didn't have any money for supplies, she was forced to steal from others, another thing she didn't like to do. But first she would have to make a trip to her home, a small cave in the forest she had taken up residence in. It didn't take long for her to find her cave and she darted inside to snatch up an old, brown cloak with a hood. She also grabbed a belt from which hung a small dagger and put on a pair of brown leather boots. Then, she left the cave, covering the entrance with overhanging vines, and made for the nearest village. Soon, it would be dark and she would be able to take what she needed.

Erchi was called in, a soldier waiting there for him. He was told they were departing, a strange, blue Roachii had been seen near a cave. He sighed, though slightly eager for the chance to fly. Their usual armor was worn, swords carried at the hip. Erchi and the rest took off, strong muscles lifting them upwards. They couldn't escape though, the king's right hand man was flying with them. The landed at a town, surprised to see a blue-winged figure walk towards them. Erchi and the king's right hand man flew through the forest, only coming out of it when they were behind her. They landed, hands at the hilts of their blades.

"You're coming with us. King wishes it so," said Erchi, his eyes showing remorse and pity. Poor thing, she didn't deserve this. Never the less, it was his job. The rest of the Lyryu came forward, surrounding the girl. The would hold her as they flew, they would drag her off to the king, to cell 201 in the dungeon. Erchi couldn't help but think of what Veidera would think of him. Would she think less of him for doing his job? Why was he worrying about her and what she thought when he was out on a mission? He couldn't do this. His thoughts started to cloud. He shook his head, trying to get his thoughts straight.

((Who's the king's right hand man?))

Nylaea had only just reached the town when she stopped suddenly as she was surrounded by several Lyryu. They wore the armor of those who served the King. NO! her mind screamed. After years of evading these slaves serving a cruel monster of a human, how did I go wrong?! How did they find me?! Frozen in place, Nylaea dropped the hood hiding her face. They knew what she was; it was time for the rest of this village to see. Those strands of long, blue hair that were not pinned up waved gently in the breeze. She stood there a moment, actually contemplating fighting these traitors to her species, but she only had a dagger and they all had full length swords, not to mention that they had numbers and were surrounding her. There was no sufficient water source near enough to make any use of. Nylaea made a decision. "Fine. I will go with you peacefully," she called to the one who had spoken to her. "But know that I remember what you monsters did to my mother. And I will see those responsible pay!"

((Ninja'd))

Before Veidera could do anything, another gaurd cam out and told Erchi they were leaving. "Where are you going?" He was gone already though.

They flew into the forest, the king's right hand man watching them. At least he got his wish.

They were going to capture another colored Lyryu. Veidera didn't like the thought. She looked on sadly as they left. "Cell 201" She mumbled, kicking a rock. "Colored. Why don't I pay a visit to them? I do owe the Dark Lyryu."

Seeing that Erchi wouldn't be back for a while, Veidera entered the castle once more, this time heading for the dungeon. She slipped in quietly and looked about for the cell.

Edited by Rainbow_Joy

((No one, really. Just a random figure, right now. You could be him, if you want.))

Erchi felt bad, but stared, stony faced, at her. They gripped her arms, Erchi at her far left. They started to pump their wings, gaining altitude. They soon were sailing above trees, a massive castle looming in the distance. They flew for about an hour, until they reached the castle. The castle wan enormous, with pure gold adorning it's surface. They dropped down into the courtyard, which was lined with a tall, wooden fence, placing her onto the ground and letting go, forming a tight cluster of people around her. They marched down stairs that were randomly located in the garden, stairs that led underneath a tower. There was a dank smell of mold as they walked on the stone steps that led far underground. They suddenly went straight, the floor leveling out underneath them. Faces were pressed up against walls, grabbing for all limbs available, wanting to feed on blood. Finally they reached room 201, where the handsome boy with black hair and wings stared at them, baring his fangs. One guard member made the mistake of touching the gate. A bolt of electricity struck the metal, racing through his body. The man fell, dead. They hurriedly pushed the girl through the door, staring at the boy with fear. He turned to girl, one wing flared, warning her to not touch him. Erchi sighed, walking up another set of stairs. Now he just needed to find Veidera.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kator flared his wing, crouched as if he were an animal. An orb of electricity sat in his palm, glowing and spinning. Everything about him was a show right now. He just needed to scare her, to warn her off. That way she wouldn't try to betray him like everyone else.

When they had arrived at the cell, one of the guards was killed for his stupidity. Though she didn't like death, she experienced a quick feeling of approval as the guard fell lifeless to the ground. Then she was roughly pushed into the cell with the guard's killer and the cell door banged loudly behind her. "Half-vulture vagrants!" she yelled out from behind the bars but they were already gone. Nothing left to do, she turned around and saw the other occupant of her cell in a defensive stance with one wing up, the other damaged, and a small ball of electricity in his hand, obviously meant as a threat. Nylaea just sighed, a small cloud of cold fog flowing out of her mouth due to the cold rage she felt right now unconsciously tapping into her ice magic. She walked to the opposite side of the cell as the strange, sat down with her back against the wall, pulled her knees up to her chest, and put her forehead on her arms with her loose strands of hair falling down around her. She was so caught up in inner turmoil over her current situation, she didn't even notice that the one she shared her cell with was not a typical Lyryu.

Edited by Lady Evirae

Veidera hid when the guards pushed the blue haired Lyryu into the Cell.

That Cell 201. Veidera hated it. It was unfair. So unfair to them both! They had done nothing wrong.

She spotted Erchi among the guards escorting the girl. The Dark Lyryu had a ball of electricity in his palm. A guard made the mistake of touching the gate and he fell dead, electrocuted.

Veidera wouldn't let them see her. Oh there were terrible criminals here who had burned villages, murdered people. But these two different Lyryu's hadn't done anything except be born into the world differently.

Veidera crouched and concealed herself by pushing away all light from where she hid. She was shrouded in darkness.

No one can see me now. If they'd just walk out....

Most of the guards scattered, making up random excuses of why they couldn't keep watch. Erchi was halfway up a ladder when he realized no one was guarding. He climbed back down, sitting with his back against the wall. What now? He felt like pulling his hair out.

"What will she do when she hears about this. She was mad enough about the male... What are you doing Erchi? You can't-" he muttered to himself, frustrated beyond belief.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kator was not surprised she had strange colored hair. He wondered if she had caught a glimpse of the paper taped to his cell. He walked over and snatched it off the bars, tossing it to her. It fell lightly to the ground behind her, slightly singed from the heat of his hands. He leaned against the wall, dropping the feral-facade thing entirely.

"That's why they have us in here. We didn't do anything. I think they want to test us," he muttered, his voice silky and mesmerizing. His eyes were as cold and hard as ever though, staring at the wall and not at her.