toxicneon

Game of Thrones

51 minutes ago, Marcus Pheonix said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Umm The glovers were the castle Tormund and Ed went to in ep 1, they're long gone.

Episode was super dark, literally couldn't see it.
Amazed so many people survived that one.

Felt like Jon really didn't do enough, he should've at least had some fights with the white walkers who did nothing all episode. As hyped as I was when Arya did the deed it did feel like she took Jons kill.

Spoiler

Actually that was Last Hearth, home of the Umbers. It was little Ned Umber nailed to the wall remember? 

It would have been nice if Jon had taken out a few more WW generals or even the undead Dragon, but I don't mind Arya getting the drop on the NK. The NK was way too wary of Jon to even let him get close (he must have known Jon would flat out kick his butt in a one on one duel) but with him thinking that Jon was the only one who could defeat him, he left the way open for Arya. Good to see she got to put all that training and foreshadowing to use.

Spoiler

lets just take a moment to appreciate the absolutely stunning beauty of this shot. I thought the green explosion of the sept would be hard to beat aesthetically, but this knocks it out of the water. Jon and Dany's view of the bloodriders with their flaming swords charging looks hella epic too.

bqpfpiq7y7v21.jpg

Spoiler

can we get an F in chat for my boi Rhaegal and my girl Missandei...big oof

Spoiler

And lets not forget our poor 1-eared boy Ghost, leaving Jon without so much as a pat!
With both him and tormund heading north I wonder if we'll see either of them again...

What the heck! That episode was insane!!

Spoiler

So they just burned all the character arcs down with the city huh?

Spoiler

I would say someone went a bit mad!

Like kill everyone mad!

Spoiler

We talking about Dany or the Writers? XD

It was a awesome episode still. Though I do wonder how many lives could have been spared if Dany had just taken the city when she first arrived in Westeros. 

Sandor taking on his brother was epic. My favourite scene. 

I only had 2 problems with that ep, maybe 3.5, the rest was actually really good!

Spoiler

1. Dany going mental... they just had to do it... ugh... so close dany, so close.
2. Jaime dying for cersei. Noooo! He was the best character, he had the best redemption arc after Theon! He should have either killed her or lived!
3. Arya's makeup after getting dusted... it just looked like she had a rubber mask on.
3.5 This ep basically made raegals death last ep even more stupid...

1 minute ago, Marcus Pheonix said:

I only had 2 problems with that ep, maybe 3.5, the rest was actually really good!

Hide contents

1. Dany going mental... they just had to do it... ugh... so close dany, so close.
2. Jaime dying for cersei. Noooo! He was the best character, he had the best redemption arc after Theon! He should have either killed her or lived!
3. Arya's makeup after getting dusted... it just looked like she had a rubber mask on.
3.5 This ep basically made raegals death last ep even more stupid...

I agree with that list entirely. There's been no consistency for a while. Very frustrating since this series held so much promise. 

Honestly all the consequences of 1. from my list were really well done, so I have no other real problems.

Spoiler

There is once again a lot of arya focus which is really stretching my limits, especially when I see the "arya carries the whole series on her back" stuff... just bothers me.
Did you see the look grey worm gave jon! He was MAD! I want Jon to get a proper fight in the final ep and I think it's gonna be him vs GW.

Spoiler

Arya was wearing some pretty heavy plot armor in that episode. No way she should have survived all that. 

I'm sorry Jon, I know you're a right proper lad, but if you hurt Greyworm I will never forgive you. 

At this point I'm blaming Bran. If he had kept his mouth shut Jon and Dany would be together, Dany would still be sane, Varys and a lot of toasted people in King's Landing would still be alive and Tyrion probably wouldn't be up for the chop (because we all know he's in trouble now). 

Spoiler

I liked the episode.

But I think Raegals death was necessary. It played a big part of just pushing her over the edge. She wanted everything that hurt her and her family to be wiped out. To make them suffer. To show everyone that she needs to be feared.

She most likely knew Varys already spread the word about Jon. So in all destroying everything and making everyone fear her would put her in a good position.

Spoiler

The best part of that entire episode was a dragon crying for his mother ffs. 

I'm glad it's over.

Spoiler

I'm glad it's over as well... and I agree that was the best part when Drogon mourned Dany.

But I feel a bit left unsatisfied after this episode.

I was still waiting to see if Bran could find Drogon

Spoiler

I sure as hell don't want Bran to warg into Drogon. He has the love, respect, home and throne Dany spent years trying to find. He can't have her dragon too. 

Spoiler

I don't mean him forcing himself in Drogon.

Otherwise he would have already done that ages ago.

I think he meant via his ravens and stuff.

Spoiler

I'm hoping Drogon went back to Valyria (sp? tltg). I doubt he'll find any more dragons are anything, but it's probably the only place he'll be safe now. 

I feel bad for the Free Cities as well. The only thing keeping the slavers from trying to retake them was fear of Dany and her dragons. Once word gets out she's gone they'll probably attack and enslave everyone again. 

Spoiler

Yeah I'm guessing he went back to the land he was born in. But you never know. There might still be eggs out there.

I was also thinking about those cities. But maybe Greyworm will see to it that they will stay free. I don't know.

Everything still feels unanswered.

Spoiler

Even if there are eggs, who is going to hatch them? Drogon and his brothers were fossilized and born through a combo of blood magic and Targ affinity. Drogon can't have eggs himself since he's the only dragon left and there are no females.

Grey Worm will see to it that Naarth is protected from slavers, but they can't defend every settlement in Essos (even with their massive clone army who can apparently revive after every battle). Plus with Dany gone the Dothraki will just go straight back to rape and murder. Things might be looking better for Westeros (putting aside that a sellsword who would stab his own grandmother for a pay out is now Master of Coin and lord of Highgarden and the Ironborn are once again free to do their thing), but Essos is screwed. 

Spoiler

That could be why he took her body with him?

Also it was never stated that they knew the genders of the dragons. Dany just gave them manly names. One could have been female. In their free days there could be still a chance.

Also like Arya asked... what is west? They don't know. There might be something there.

I haven't read the books so I don't know all the backstories but this is what I've read on the internet.

I've just realised something (sorry no spoiler tag on phone). There are more Red Priests and Priestess in Essos right? They have the power to revive people. A certain corpse is headed their way...

Spoiler

Dragons are genderfluid and can change their gender as nessecary, possibly asexual too, drogon could very well have kids.

I was satisfied, seeing everyone at the end was good. Jon killing dany was good... drogon burning the throne was weird in all honesty.

We never got an actual bran crowning moment or him warging to find dragons! Why!!!